Like Tree10634Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by squarewheels View Post
    this is for the guys that do not have a daddy, brother on the job or have been a volly for 10 years and think they know it all.

for those worried about not getting the city credit anymore because of the strict rule changes or thinking you will not get on because you live outside of nyc i will tell you that the amount of nyc residents that will actually take the test, pass the background, the medical, the phsycological will not be that large. the 5 points help you will get on sooner but with a high score on the written and the physical you will be called. the **** will have to be weeded out first which will take time but you will get called if you are prepared and ready for it. the fdny is down like 800 guys and will be down more in the next few months.

also guys worry too much about the physical and the cpat. they are not hard physically but you must know and have the proper technique and idea of what you are doing beforehand to blow through it. you will be provided with info on what each step of the physical is and what to do. if you can pass the physical then you will pass the cpat at the end of the academy.
    the big concern is your heart rate on the stepper. there are heart rate numbers that you must stay within to be considered for the job. the best way to prepare is to run with a heart monitor and to do stairs with this monitor. you have to train your mind and body to stay within your heart rtate limits while working out. the heart is a muscle and must be trained.

after you pass everything you will go into the academy and they will run you hard and hit you with pushups and situps. then go to class for fire scince adn safety then go to learn the scba mask, then learn ropes then lunch then advance 2 1/2 fully charged hose. it is tough mentally and physically.

at the gymn you should do a full body workout to prepare. fast and hard without medium weights. work you legs too. make sure you eat alot of carbs and protein for breakfast and for dinner and drink water mixed with gatorade when you are on the Rock. run in the cold, the heat and the rain. dont stand out and just do what your told and also pay attention the first time they show you something. psych yourself up to be yelled at and to be told you shoold go back to your old job. they will test you in all ways. they will be super hard this class because alot of unqulaified candiated will be trying to get this job.

i am done. now get off the computer and set up your diet and workout sched.
    odd timing. what are you afraid of?
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

Default Question about Written and Physical

Are these two parts of the test given in conjunction with one another? For example, January 3 you take the written and January 4 you take the physical? Or is the physical scheduled at a later date depending on your list number?

Thanks!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nyckftbl View Post
    odd timing. what are you afraid of?
    Whatcha talking about CC?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by k.squire View Post
    Are these two parts of the test given in conjunction with one another? For example, January 3 you take the written and January 4 you take the physical? Or is the physical scheduled at a later date depending on your list number?
    Can you even fathom the logistics of that???
    Say that 50,000 sign up and 40,000 actually showed up to write the test. And then 30,000 passed to take the physical agility. Yeah, can't really happen in a day.

Rumors are flying how the written will be administered. Meanwhile, as long as we maintain fair, rank order hiring, each step will be scheduled based on your list number at later dates. How much later remains to be seen. IMO this is going to be a mess.
    Last edited by ffbam24; 08-05-2011 at 04:05 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firehouse_Chick View Post
    Whatcha talking about CC?
    go see his other 5 "posts".
    Proud East Coast Traditionalist.

Forum Member

What's cc stand for?

Forum Member

Post Deleted. Somebody else logged in under my name and posted.
    Last edited by 6019_10-92; 08-06-2011 at 06:33 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Can you even fathom the logistics of that???
    Say that 50,000 sign up and 40,000 actually showed up to write the test. And then 30,000 passed to take the physical agility. Yeah, can't really happen in a day.

Rumors are flying how the written will be administered. Meanwhile, as long as we maintain fair, rank order hiring, each step will be scheduled based on your list number at later dates. How much later remains to be seen. IMO this is going to be a mess.
    So the answer is "physical will be scheduled at a later date"? That's all I'm looking for.

Forum Member

So how extensive is the background for the FDNY. Would they even waste their time with someone out of state(west coast)?

Forum Member

Default FDNY background check

Quote Originally Posted by crazyff View Post
    So how extensive is the background for the FDNY. Would they even waste their time with someone out of state(west coast)?
    There is residency law that applies after you get hired. You'll also get extra points for being a city resident, but the city is fair across the board when it comes to hiring practices, and will process every application.

Mike Stefano
    www.firefightersworkout.com
    Last edited by MikeStefano; 08-06-2011 at 06:53 AM. Reason: signature

Forum Member

Hey, I asked this question on the facebook page for the FDNY but got the generic answer I wasn't looking for..so I'm going to ask it here..does anyone know the difference between "veterans" and "disabled veterans" points? I checked the disabled because I meet that critera just wondering what the difference is..if there is 1.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by k.squire View Post
    So the answer is "physical will be scheduled at a later date"? That's all I'm looking for.
    Try thinking next time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BigGriffC12 View Post
    Hey, I asked this question on the facebook page for the FDNY but got the generic answer I wasn't looking for..so I'm going to ask it here..does anyone know the difference between "veterans" and "disabled veterans" points? I checked the disabled because I meet that critera just wondering what the difference is..if there is 1.
    I think the difference is you have to be collecting a disability check from the Government to qualify for the disabled veteran's points, I'm not 100% sure though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChiliMaster View Post
    I think the difference is you have to be collecting a disability check from the Government to qualify for the disabled veteran's points, I'm not 100% sure though.
    Chillmaster is right on the money with that. To claim disabled Veteran you should be collecting disability checks, and have a notice or letter from the VA stating the percentage of your disability. You get extra points obviously for being a disabled veteran

MembersZone Subscriber

On the same note, it sounds like you need go to the VA in order to establish your disability status and claim. Another animal entirely.

Good luck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    On the same note, it sounds like you need go to the VA in order to establish your disability status and claim. Another animal entirely.

Good luck.
    I've already went through the VA system (rated at 30%+) so I qualify for the disabled portion..

My question was more along the lines of..How many points if there is any difference between Vet and Disabled Vet..I'm pretty sure that vets get 5 points? do disabled get 10?

Is there any real benefit to claiming disabled vet as apposed to vet..but thanks for your response though.

Forum Member

How does one become a disabled vet? Just curious. PM me if it's easier.

Forum Member

You can actually be 0% disabled and still get disabled credit, believe it or not. That is an actual rating. No check necessary.

Forum Member

Default FDNY / Filing Ends Sept 15

MembersZone Subscriber

One becomes a diabled vet for many reasons. It use to be if you came into the military with an issue then you couldn't claim it, but now thats not the case. If you can prove your situation has gotten worse or if someone recieves a purple heart, or they were injured in anyway while on active duty... such as being on leave at the beach and they cut their foot on a seashell or car accident.. ect, they can claim that and be compensated. That is from the mouth of the VA rep in one of my outprocessing classes in May. He also said exactly what GRNFT said... 0% is a rating. But still someone would have to have something to send in a claim for.
    Last edited by DaveKiefer; 08-10-2011 at 08:20 AM.
    -Firefighting is a lifestyle NOT a career-

MembersZone Subscriber

Why can't I figure out how to apply online? The site is directing me in circles from the notice of examiniation to the list of exams and back again. Can't find where to actually sign up and pay.

MembersZone Subscriber

D'oh! Figured it out. Didn't realize you have to scroll to the bottom and accept the terms in the Notice of Examination.

Forum Member

Default helping your odds

Quote Originally Posted by Mello951 View Post
    Why can't I figure out how to apply online? The site is directing me in circles from the notice of examiniation to the list of exams and back again. Can't find where to actually sign up and pay.
    that's actually a good thing... believe it or not, it will eliminate some of your competition right off the bat. Only people willing to work hard make the long haul, and that includes finding a less than obvious process on the website / registration process.

Forum Member

Default Courthouse Hearing / Documentary Interviews

Monday August 15th 2011 10am
    United States Courthouse
    Room 4D
    225 Cadman Plaza East
    Brooklyn, NY 11201
    Phone: 718-613-2540

Hey guys, this Monday is another hearing at the courthouse in Brooklyn. Paul Washington, FF Granger (who claimed he found a noose in the firehouse and Candido Nunez (a named plaintiff who got hired off 6019 and is currently a firefighter) are scheduled to testify. The plan is to get everyone in the same spot so I can start shooting some interviews. Please show up, guys from 6019 and everyone else signed up for exam 2000. Lets fill up the courthouse and show them we havn't gone anywhere and that we're still fighting. Please email me at JoeyBatts@gmail.com if you are attending so I can have a headcount.

Forum Member

I wish I could have made the hearing, had to work that day.

From everything I've seen it looks like it didn't play out to well.

How was the turnout? Did we get a decent group for the filming?

Thread Information