Like Tree9519Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nightowl75 View Post
    You have to take in the promo guys in each academy as well. Also, They haven't hired in four years. Where 7000 is definitely pushing it I would have to imagine that as long as this test goes along without any hang ups in the court system it would still get pretty deep.
    You can prob speak to this better than me, but before the lawsuit held up 6019, didn't budget $ pose a problem first? I would think once they hire quick to make up for the shortage now that things would slow down to the city only replacing the retired guys. Even if that is the case though, that should bring the list to around 5000, which is pretty deep, no? Also, like you said, assuming the test is even OK'd to use.

Forum Member

I just looked on the old 2043 thread and from what it says in there they got between list #'s 5,400 and last appointed was just before the 5,700's.

That exam was given in December 2002.
    Not sure when the list was established but the last class hired was Jan 2008. That exam(2043) expired around June 2012 because list # 6019 was established June 2012.

First and only class from 6019 was hired in July 2012.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by QCFRANKC View Post
    I just looked on the old 2043 thread and from what it says in there they got between list #'s 5,400 and last appointed was just before the 5,700's.

That exam was given in December 2002.
    Not sure when the list was established but the last class hired was Jan 2008. That exam(2043) expired around June 2012 because list # 6019 was established June 2012.

First and only class from 6019 was hired in July 2012.
    Anyone know what the scores were of guys that had a list number in the 5700's?

Forum Member

about 97 maybe few might have had 96

Forum Member

im really curious is to how this grading system will be with these personality questions

Forum Member

how about the fact that after the exam in the survey portion when they asked what radio station you heard about the exam on...the choices were 97.1, 97.9, 105.1, and 107.5.

thats not racist at all...

Forum Member

they cant grade the personality questions. i think they will use them as a reference for when they do the background and see if they can catch you in a lie.

Forum Member

If some one got a 97 on the 2002 test, how many did they get wrong?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 04-05-2012 at 07:26 PM.

Forum Member

Originally Posted by fdnysmoky
    "I just spoke to somebody that said she was able to reschedule her test in May because she needed more time to study. I thought april 20 was the last day?"

they tend to make exceptions for women. This wouldn't surprise me

Forum Member

I can't believe no one has confirmed whether or not we'll have any idea of how we did on the exam before we show up for the protest/review. Am I the only one who thinks that's the last place they want to get their results? And what about the people who do get perfect scores, they're gonna show up & find out they wasted their time?

Forum Member

It's amazing they had damn near 5 years to work on this thing and it's even more of a cluster**** than it was last time around.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I can't believe no one has confirmed whether or not we'll have any idea of how we did on the exam before we show up for the protest/review. Am I the only one who thinks that's the last place they want to get their results? And what about the people who do get perfect scores, they're gonna show up & find out they wasted their time?
    Yea that is aggravating me quite a bit as well. I don't see how that is beneficial to anyone, even them. Do they really want EVERYONE showing up? I doubt that since they are only two review sites.

Forum Member

I'm not opposed to lettting people take the test if they missed it. When they don't show up again, city lawyers can prove without a shadow of a doubt that those who took the test want to be FDNY and those that didn't show up weren't kept out because of race, creed or sex; they just didn't want to be FDNY.

Forum Member

Also, can we enact a moratorium on talks of academy numbers? Last time was last time; different than any other time and was five years ago. We haven't even gotten the test results let alone how much the City's budget will affect the hiring. Remember budget > need. These talks only cloud an otherwise useful thread.

Forum Member

For anyone that has scheduled a review session, did you notice that the required identification requirements state that you need Identification, Admission Ticket, and Admission Notice. Do they mean that you need the receipt that you get prompted to print after you apply for the protest session? Did anyone get slightly confused by that?

Forum Member

this question is for anybody who hasnt taken the test. I have been working with the don mcnea/ vulcan book and i was just wondering if you put "strongly disagrre" and the correct answer is "disagree is that question wrong or is it partial? also i was thinking why wouldnt someone put "strongly"?

again i dont want people who took the exam getting mad at me for asking this, so this is for the remaining people out there. because this thread is for exam 2000 and although most people have taken it some havent, i took 6019 and have been on these forums for years and know and admire the hard work you are all putiing into getting this job

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    this question is for anybody who hasnt taken the test. I have been working with the don mcnea/ vulcan book and i was just wondering if you put "strongly disagrre" and the correct answer is "disagree is that question wrong or is it partial? also i was thinking why wouldnt someone put "strongly"?

again i dont want people who took the exam getting mad at me for asking this, so this is for the remaining people out there. because this thread is for exam 2000 and although most people have taken it some havent, i took 6019 and have been on these forums for years and know and admire the hard work you are all putiing into getting this job

I've been going "strongly" on everything. From what I understand it is possible to receive partial credit for these questions so I guess it is possible going disagree vs strongly disagree could be partial credit (or vice versa).

Forum Member

Wish I had that advice before I took the exam. This is why the exam should have been on one day.

Forum Member

Easy, Killer...

Forum Member

Clearly, no where. My point is that people still continue to ask questions who haven't taken the exam yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BRKNY View Post
    Clearly, no where. My point is that people still continue to ask questions who haven't taken the exam yet.
    He asked the Q to people who haven't tested yet, I haven't tested and I answered him. Who knows if what I said is right or wrong. You didn't discuss the exam with anyone before the exam period opened?

Forum Member

The strongly agree disagree questions, it really depends on the question. Even if you prepare for the personality section it's still going to throw you off. Any prep for the personality section isn't going to help prepare you or give you an edge as much as you think. Even after the exam you will be wondering about it. The best thing to do is just take the exam and hope for the best.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    I'm not opposed to lettting people take the test if they missed it. When they don't show up again, city lawyers can prove without a shadow of a doubt that those who took the test want to be FDNY and those that didn't show up weren't kept out because of race, creed or sex; they just didn't want to be FDNY.
    I for one am totally against this. First we let them file after the application deadline even though the application period was open for damn near 2 months. Dakota Meyer even refused to let them give him an extension because he felt it wasn't the right thing to do, but we're gonna give some lazy bastards that opportunity? Now there gonna miss the exam entirely and let them reschedule after the fact. There making a joke out those of us who are actually taking this process seriously and I'm really getting fed up at this point.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fdnysmoky View Post
    I for one am totally against this. First we let them file after the application deadline even though the application period was open for damn near 2 months. Dakota Meyer even refused to let them give him an extension because he felt it wasn't the right thing to do, but we're gonna give some lazy bastards that opportunity? Now there gonna miss the exam entirely and let them reschedule after the fact. There making a joke out those of us who are actually taking this process seriously and I'm really getting fed up at this point.
    Smoky, I totally agree with you from a standpoint of principles, but frankly I'm sick of principles after 5 years of 6019 BS. I'm all about expedience right now. If 2 more weeks of bending over backwards until the testing period is over makes it one less hurdle the city needs to get over to actually hire from this list, then bring it on. If an applicant was so unconcerned about the test to not even show up or reschedule, I'm not at all concerned about their score or list number being better than mine.

Forum Member

I got the call for the review session. They are recording all the calls and asking a bunch of Q's to cover their ***. Seems like the city is doing as much as they can to keep themselves covered for the eventual review of the process. The woman said Lt's and Capt's run the classes, if that's so the city must be paying through the roof in OT for just these classes.

Thread Information