Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 1168 FirstFirst ... 206067686970717273801201705701070 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,400 of 23350
Like Tree9125Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I am also taking the exam at 210 Joralemon Street but planning on taking the subway. Im not from around there but my question is does anyone know what stop I take to get off the subway. And does anybody know how far the walk is from the subway stop to the testing center. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by eyebrowike View Post
    I am also taking the exam at 210 Joralemon Street but planning on taking the subway. Im not from around there but my question is does anyone know what stop I take to get off the subway. And does anybody know how far the walk is from the subway stop to the testing center. Thank you
    www.hopstop.com
    FDNY Class 1 of 05.

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

Forum Member

Post City Prep Classes

Guys, a few weeks ago someone posted that an anonymous number would be calling our phones to set up the prep class through the city.

Keep your eyes open for another number that may be calling you more than a few times...Its probably the city

I had this same number continually calling and would answer with no one on the other end, finally today I answered again and was able to schedule my prep...

Hope this helps someone...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    I haven't tested there, but I have worked construction in that area often. Plan on a garage, parking over there is pretty bad. If you can get there real early and find a spot great but alot of streets close to there have daily street cleaning 7-730 or 730-8am so it will probably be very difficult. Don't know where your coming from but if your coming from another part of the city or Long Island you would be better off taking the subway or the LIRR to Atlantic Terminal and walking.

PS: I don't remember exact locations but there are garages on Smith/Jay Sts and Court as well I believe.
    Thanks for the info. As long as there is a garage I'm good. I'd rather put it in there and not worry about it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by AndersSvensson View Post
    ...You cannot train a person devoid of any deep or analytical thinking ability to do a job unless it is repetitive. What the judge and vulcan society are trying to accomplish is turn the FDNY into a DMV.

Off record: Do you remember the Family Guy episode where Peter says "The DMV was invented by the black man to get his revenge on the white man for slavery and all stuff" - that was hillarious!
    First of all, you aren't the only one who took 6019 and is trying again to make it through this maze, so get off your G*d-damn high horse. Second of all, your blatant racism is not only highly f*cking offensive, it's also completely counterproductive. Do you NOT think that there are other people besides yourself watching this site and keeping track of statements like that just to prove their cases? Third of all - Mr. College Educated - your grammar is ***** and you should learn how to spell hilarious, or at least learn how pay attention to spellcheck. And here you are talking down to others who you deem not "mentally and intellectually ready to get the best job in the world"

Forum Member

Everyone should make at least 1 or 2 practice runs out to their test location to figure out the parking situation/subways. It will also serve to calm your nerves on test day, knowing that you have been there before.

Forum Member

So let me get this straight, we are NOT allowed to bring any water or snack into the exam? Who else has taken the exam already that can verify this as truth for me please?

Forum Member

sup guys, question... whats the best study guide to use for the test? and what does the test intail? Im a paramedic/firefighter from florida and i have taken many many entry test before. If someone could point me to the right direction it would be greatly appricated thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    First of all, you aren't the only one who took 6019 and is trying again to make it through this maze, so get off your G*d-damn high horse. Second of all, your blatant racism is not only highly f*cking offensive, it's also completely counterproductive. Do you NOT think that there are other people besides yourself watching this site and keeping track of statements like that just to prove their cases? Third of all - Mr. College Educated - your grammar is ***** and you should learn how to spell hilarious, or at least learn how pay attention to spellcheck. And here you are talking down to others who you deem not "mentally and intellectually ready to get the best job in the world"
    Lighten up, it was a satirical statement, just as the original source intended it to be; unless you think the Family Guy is racist too. My views aren't the root of the crap we are in, but a direct consequence of the unjust decisions by a judge. What cases? Their case is that the tests were racist, not the people. Be careful and try not to be wasteful with that word, as it reminds me of the accusations of witchcraft.
    Last edited by AndersSvensson; 03-20-2012 at 02:10 AM.

Talking

Please, Act As If...

People will treat you like a prince if you represent yourself as one. It goes both ways.
    FDNY Class 1 of 05.

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mcg33369 View Post
    So let me get this straight, we are NOT allowed to bring any water or snack into the exam? Who else has taken the exam already that can verify this as truth for me please?
    This is how it was when I tested at 210 Joralemon street in Brooklyn.

You can bring anything you want, whether it's food, water, a cell phone, a pager, whatever it is. Phone has to be turned OFF when entering the building.

HOWEVER, once you go upstairs to the testing center, and you sign in, they give you a zip loc bag to put all your belongings (wallet, keys, phone etc.). Any water bottle you have they will tell you to throw out before you're admitted into the computer . IF you have a snack, stick it in your pocket. Proctors walk around constantly to check up on everyone. If you bring like a bag of almonds, try to sneak a few into your mouth from time to time but I think they will take it away or ask you to put it in the zip loc bag if they see it.

Forum Member

Boy do I really want my exam results back, along with a low list number =]

Forum Member

Besides the FDNY page does anyone have links to practice video sessions ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Besides the FDNY page does anyone have links to practice video sessions ?
    Not sure which video(s) you're looking for, but I believe this is all of them:

Session A it's called zombie apocalypse it's an old style video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UqEhUm2B_8

Session A video two is tonight's sky February 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNWNmWYIg8

Session B first video is 16 inch gun training film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OmOQs0ziSU

Session B video two is home nuggetizer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MSOgLC4k_8

This one is the Nugget one

And this one is the 3 gun one

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65...working-of-gun

Forum Member

PSI called me about setting an appointment for an exam review. She said it's only available May 11-24. I told her might be out of town. She said, "that's fine, it's not mandatory". "Dcas will just notify you of your score around that time then."

Can anyone fill me in with what is going on here? What is the next step in this process?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    PSI called me about setting an appointment for an exam review. She said it's only available May 11-24. I told her might be out of town. She said, "that's fine, it's not mandatory". "Dcas will just notify you of your score around that time then."

Can anyone fill me in with what is going on here? What is the next step in this process?

This pretty much contradicts what the JoinFDNY Facebook page said yesterday. I would go with what PSI says over the Facebook page though. Maybe the JoinFDNY page meant a list wouldn't be established until the court approved the results.

Forum Member

as anybody who took 6019 will remember getting your raw score which you had to figure out on your own was way before (like 5 months) getting an adjusted score with a list number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    as anybody who took 6019 will remember getting your raw score which you had to figure out on your own was way before (like 5 months) getting an adjusted score with a list number.
    Ok. So if I'm in Europe for the summer, I won't miss out on anything important? That's a relief..

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    Ok. So if I'm in Europe for the summer, I won't miss out on anything important? That's a relief..
    Well if it was approved by then and they give us an oppurtunity to review and correct any wrong answers we may have gotten wrong and you miss it that would mean you would not get to get any additional points if they allow that like with 6019.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Not sure which video(s) you're looking for, but I believe this is all of them:

Session A it's called zombie apocalypse it's an old style video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UqEhUm2B_8

Session A video two is tonight's sky February 2012

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GkNWNmWYIg8

Session B first video is 16 inch gun training film

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OmOQs0ziSU

Session B video two is home nuggetizer.

This one is the Nugget one

And this one is the 3 gun one

http://www.criticalpast.com/video/65...working-of-gun
    I'm looking for something that has questions as well. It doesn't have to be from the FDNY or Vulcans. But just something where I can practice the note taking and follow up questions.

Thread Information