Like Tree9833Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Anyone know what list number ends score 103 and starts 102?
    The first guy with a 102 is list# 734

Forum Member

Anyone carpooling over there on the 9th from the bay ridge/ dyker heights area? Or at least would like to start one?
    LordzofBrooklyn likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    You mean you wouldn't want to do it for free....like some others have stated?
    I mean i'm only 21 and havent really had much time to be a volunteer firefighter yet since i've been fulltime college and working part time. But i've wanted to help people in the community as a firefighter since I was in high school. The fact that I am running on the 9th just makes me feel really greatful to God that those 7 questions I guessed on exam 2000 were correct.

And while this job will never make me rich, it will finally allow a guy like me to move outta my parents place, have my own room and my own apartment. I'm somewhat of a hippy so I might even move out after that first paycheck lol. No tv, cheap food, and a sleeping bag on the floor and i'll be good.

And congrats to all the 400-500's that just got run letters. Good to see that the list is moving.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    JUST GOT MY LETTER!! Oh man so excited!! Getting over this pretty rough cold but even if my nostrils are spewing snot the whole run I don't give a *****! I'll do it!!

I also got the letter about the residency. The last line states though "There is no need to contact your Investigator if you have already submitted 3 proofs; you will be notified if additional documentation is required." So I'm gonna gather my documents just in case but since we did the investigation do we still need this? Kinda confused about that.

Lastly I just want to thank everyone on here. Regular posters and guys OTJ, you've been a huge help to me and I'm sure a lot of other people who browse this thread. My gratitude is endless and I will be sure to reflect my appreciation for everyone here in the work I do. I could not be any more happy!
    Hey congrats dude, thats the spirit. If you're still a little sick on thursday, just hail mary that s#*t and give it all you got. You can take a tylenol after you pass the run and go take a nap lol.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Anyone carpooling over there on the 9th from the bay ridge/ dyker heights area? Or at least would like to start one?
    Let's do it! I'm from bayridge and posted a couple of times about this. I'm down to drive or throw down on the tolls in someone else's car. Hit me up let me know. I'm running Thursday with the rest of you gentlemen!

Forum Member

LordzofBrooklyn: Please enable PM

Forum Member

Tips for the run......
    Get there early
    No joking around, all business
    Clean cut and shaven
    Bring ID
    Follow directions
    Everything is "Yes Sir, No Sir"
    No walking on sidewalks
    Park in the big parking lot outside the academy
    No cellphones
    Be prepared to carry binders and other stuff that will be given when you pass
    PASS THE RUN!

Good luck! Anyone have any other tips, feel free......
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 01-06-2014 at 10:10 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Tips for the run......
    Get there early
    No joking around, all business
    Clean cut and shaven
    Bring ID
    Follow directions
    Everything is "Yes Sir, No Sir"
    No walking on sidewalks
    Park in the big parking lot outside the academy
    No cellphones
    Be prepared to carry binders and other stuff that will be given when you pass
    PASS THE RUN!

Good luck! Anyone have any other tips, feel free......
    Thanks bro. We don't need to bring a copy of the letter we got in the email do we? It doesn't say so on the letter itself but I'd like to be sure.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Thanks bro. We don't need to bring a copy of the letter we got in the email do we? It doesn't say so on the letter itself but I'd like to be sure.
    I can't remember, but it can't hurt to bring it.

Forum Member

I know this was in a bunch of posts but: a) is the run monitored by laps or is it one whole lap and b)is there alot of dips and curves?

Forum Member

So...since our run for tomorrow got cancelled, I decided to go for a run tonight and just got back. I got REALLY lucky! I almost rolled my right ankle bad, not once, but twice! I basically ran hurdles for two miles, as I had to keep jumping over knee-high piles of snow which had not melted away yet. I was going to run tomorrow as well, but...eff that, not worth risking getting hurt!! Oh, and congrats to everyone who received their letters today! Now two more days of ANTICIPATION, ughh! See u gents Thursday.

Forum Member

I know this was in a bunch of posts but: a) is the run monitored by laps or is it one whole lap and b)is there alot of dips and curves?
    All you need to do is stay ahead of the pacer, you do that, you will pass the run.
    KnocKnoc and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

All you need to do is stay ahead of the pacer, you do that, you will pass the run.
    sorry I dont know what a pacer means?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    sorry I dont know what a pacer means?
    Means a instructor is running at a 13 minute pace, stay ahead of him.
    FDNY4Life likes this.

Forum Member

Means a instructor is running at a 13 minute pace, stay ahead of him.
    ok thanks. wow so the instructor has it calculated to a T his pace for 13 minutes? that's amazing

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    ok thanks. wow so the instructor has it calculated to a T his pace for 13 minutes? that's amazing
    He is a marathon runner, he is probably pretty close.

Forum Member

So highest list # confirmed for the run on the 9th is in the 490's so far? 1 more run on the 15th and no notifications yet for that one.

Forum Member

Run has been cancelled for the 7th? I haven't seen anything but I think the 9th is still on

Forum Member

So I just called CID to confirm my run at (718) 999-2169/2179.

I called the 2169 number first, got a gentleman who said "sure np" and then transferred me to what it seemed to me another investigators voice mail. I knew that couldn't be right, so I then tried the 2179 number. Got the same guy and told him what happened. He than transferred me to my investigator, I think by just luck, she than transferred me to someone else who then transferred me to another voice mail of another investigator... Anyone else run into this? I'm gonna call back in another half hour but I don't think it should be this difficult lol.

Forum Member

I sent my investigator the 3 current proofs of residency last night and got this response:

"you will need to present those on administrative processing day, whenever that is"

The document we got last night says we have to provide proof by 1/17. The only way the document and what my investigator told me makes sense is if we're processed on 1/17 instead of 1/20 like we all assumed.

Does something about this seem off to anyone else?

Forum Member

I sent my investigator the 3 current proofs of residency last night and got this response:

"you will need to present those on administrative processing day, whenever that is"

The document we got last night says we have to provide proof by 1/17. The only way the document and what my investigator told me makes sense is if we're processed on 1/17 instead of 1/20 like we all assumed.

1/20 is MLK day., I think it makes sense.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    So I just called CID to confirm my run at (718) 999-2169/2179.

I called the 2169 number first, got a gentleman who said "sure np" and then transferred me to what it seemed to me another investigators voice mail. I knew that couldn't be right, so I then tried the 2179 number. Got the same guy and told him what happened. He than transferred me to my investigator, I think by just luck, she than transferred me to someone else who then transferred me to another voice mail of another investigator... Anyone else run into this? I'm gonna call back in another half hour but I don't think it should be this difficult lol.
    Call again, I just got through!
    Last edited by bay_ridge_FF; 01-07-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: Call went through.

Forum Member

Does anyone know if they cancelled today's run?

Forum Member

Well that's kinda annoying. Need to run around and gather those documents...AGAIN... Thanks for the heads up though.

Does anyone know if they cancelled today's run?
    Yeah they did cancel it. People were talking about it a few pages back. And weird, I got the voicemail too.. I guess I'll call later today.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    1/20 is MLK day., I think it makes sense.
    Ya, that's true. I thought we had to submit these docs to the investigators, and not down at the academy.

Thread Information