Like Tree9544Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Well that's kinda annoying. Need to run around and gather those documents...AGAIN... Thanks for the heads up though.

Yeah they did cancel it. People were talking about it a few pages back. And weird, I got the voicemail too.. I guess I'll call later today.
    Again? I just called 5 minutes ago. I guess you should call later today when they get their s### together.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    ok thanks. wow so the instructor has it calculated to a T his pace for 13 minutes? that's amazing
    LOL, they have a GPS watch that tells them their pace, distance, speed, etc.

Forum Member

So I just called CID to confirm my run at (718) 999-2169/2179.

I called the 2169 number first, got a gentleman who said "sure np" and then transferred me to what it seemed to me another investigators voice mail. I knew that couldn't be right, so I then tried the 2179 number. Got the same guy and told him what happened. He than transferred me to my investigator, I think by just luck, she than transferred me to someone else who then transferred me to another voice mail of another investigator... Anyone else run into this? I'm gonna call back in another half hour but I don't think it should be this difficult lol.

I ran into the same problem. They transferred my call to the cpat organizer. So I called 2179 and spoke to some who sounded half asleep. Either way he took my info and said he would take care of it.
    Exam#2000
    List#4xx
    Score103%

Forum Member

So just to clarify... that CID email about proof of residency is only applicable if we are contacted by our investigator for more documents?

If we don't hear anything then we're fine? Or should I call my investigator?
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    LOL, they have a GPS watch that tells them their pace, distance, speed, etc.
    I thought that also, but the only time I saw that was when they had the normal PT runs.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KnocKnoc View Post
    So just to clarify... that CID email about proof of residency is only applicable if we are contacted by our investigator for more documents?

That is how I interpreted that email. The way I read and understood it, we only need to turn in that proof again, if contacted by investigator. At the bottom of the page it reads "Contact your Investigator should you have any questions regarding residency proof. There is no need to contact your Investigator if you have already submitted 3 proofs; you will be notified if additional documentation is required." I'm going to have this proof ready to hand in just in case though.

Forum Member

It can't hurt to carry three extra pieces of paper with you. Better safe than sorry.

Forum Member

Trying to be optimistic but with all the PDs hire ie NY/NJ troopers, NYPD, PAPD then the feds are going on a massive push for CBP Officers anyone feel that they will go through this list to the projected number like 8500 plus? Im high 7k i feel I have no chance but thats life.

Forum Member

I wouldn't worry about contacting your investigator unless it's 1/16 and we haven't been notified when administrative processing day is. If you haven't given your investigator 3 current proofs recently I'd definitely bring them on administrative processing day, prob doesnt hurt to bring them either way though just in case.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    Trying to be optimistic but with all the PDs hire ie NY/NJ troopers, NYPD, PAPD then the feds are going on a massive push for CBP Officers anyone feel that they will go through this list to the projected number like 8500 plus? Im high 7k i feel I have no chance but thats life.
    I would still be optimistic. They already sent out packets to early 2000's on the list and we're not even a year in.
    Last edited by Patiently_Waiting; 01-07-2014 at 12:11 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Thanks bros... These last few days of work have been torture and can't wait for Thursday.

Forum Member

New email was sent out by CID as a correction about the paperwork needed.

Forum Member

In case one of y'all didn't receive the email for some reason they just sent a correction. All we need is ONE proof of current residency for Administrative processing day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    New email was sent out by CID as a correction about the paperwork needed.
    What does it say? You received your letter for the run, correct?

Forum Member

Got the email too from CID about proof of residency as a correction to the original

MUST present proof of residency no later than January 17, 2014.

You must bring with you 1 recent proof of your current residence to Administrative Processing Day.

Everything else is the same info.

Forum Member

Got the email too from CID about proof of residency as a correction to the original

MUST present proof of residency no later than January 17, 2014.

You must bring with you 1 recent proof of your current residence to Administrative Processing Day.

Everything else is the same info.
    I have a feeling that someone from CID reads this thread on a regular basis
    KnocKnoc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Depan395 View Post
    I would stay hopeful but not get my hopes up too high.. I don't know if I can see this list getting up to the 8000's. Yeah they sent packages out to the 2000's, but with each class sending in about 320 candidates, its probably not going to be until atleast 2015 that list number 2000 is hired, then after that we have 2 more years on the list for them to get to 8000... I think anything in top 4000 is a safe bet.

After this class graduates, we will have 3 more years on the list before the next class goes in (june 2017 I think is when list expires)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    I have a feeling that someone from CID reads this thread on a regular basis
    Lol, maybe! You guys must bring your proof on processing day which will be on Friday, January 17th. This is from my investigator.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

So I just called CID to confirm my run at (718) 999-2169/2179.

I called the 2169 number first, got a gentleman who said "sure np" and then transferred me to what it seemed to me another investigators voice mail. I knew that couldn't be right, so I then tried the 2179 number. Got the same guy and told him what happened. He than transferred me to my investigator, I think by just luck, she than transferred me to someone else who then transferred me to another voice mail of another investigator... Anyone else run into this? I'm gonna call back in another half hour but I don't think it should be this difficult lol.
    Call 718-999-2213 to confirm your attendance

Forum Member

Last edited by dwm326; 01-07-2014 at 02:17 PM.
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

So from what I gather there is no need to bring the residency paperwork to the run and administrative processing day is on Jan 17th?

Forum Member

I have a question for those who had a 1.5 mile run at some point. I wonder how long it takes to have a run and then to receive necessary paperwork and study materials. Do we have to sit around and wait for everyone to finish run and then as a group get out or its done on first come first served basis? Im just trying to plan and manage my time appropriately. Thank you

Forum Member

Quick question, if I may take it back to the investigation packet for a second for us farther down the line. On the conviction page, it includes "violations" as one of their criteria to list for actual convictions. My only one is an open container about 8+ years ago that got thrown out in court. I have no problem disclosing it, but I'm just making sure I need to here. I see that there is a designated section to write in "arrests" for firefighter/peace officer and their disposition dates, but it does not include violations in that paragraph. I was never arrested, just got served a ticket. Should I include it here? I have the disposition paper in my drawer, and like I said, have no problem showing them.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock2014 View Post
    I have a question for those who had a 1.5 mile run at some point. I wonder how long it takes to have a run and then to receive necessary paperwork and study materials. Do we have to sit around and wait for everyone to finish run and then as a group get out or its done on first come first served basis? Im just trying to plan and manage my time appropriately. Thank you
    I would imagine that we will be dismissed all at the same time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Quick question, if I may take it back to the investigation packet for a second for us farther down the line. On the conviction page, it includes "violations" as one of their criteria to list for actual convictions. My only one is an open container about 8+ years ago that got thrown out in court. I have no problem disclosing it, but I'm just making sure I need to here. I see that there is a designated section to write in "arrests" for firefighter/peace officer and their disposition dates, but it does not include violations in that paragraph. I was never arrested, just got served a ticket. Should I include it here? I have the disposition paper in my drawer, and like I said, have no problem showing them.

I had something along the lines of this, received a summons a little over 10 years ago that was thrown out and I put it down, described what happened. My investigator said it prob wouldn't have shown up on my background search but since I mentioned it she would include it in my file but it wasn't a big deal. My opinion is if it's not a big deal, better safe than sorry and just list it. I didn't regret putting it on the form

Thread Information