Like Tree11343Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I had something along the lines of this, received a summons a little over 10 years ago that was thrown out and I put it down, described what happened. My investigator said it prob wouldn't have shown up on my background search but since I mentioned it she would include it in my file but it wasn't a big deal. My opinion is if it's not a big deal, better safe than sorry and just list it. I didn't regret putting it on the form
    Thanks. It just feels weird listing anything under "arrest date", when there was no arrest. This process is nerve-wracking as it is. Coming off like a criminal doesn't help!

Forum Member

its been repeated countless time but just to confirm if we go over 12 mins on this run we go into remedial correct?

Forum Member

If I can remember correctly, you do the run, come back and do paperwork. Paperwork I think is to confirm that's oh want the position of probationary firefighter. The investigators were there for my run, and they called names out for necessary paperwork for the academy. After that, you walk through the hallway, grab your binders and head home, I don't think you leave together.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    its been repeated countless time but just to confirm if we go over 12 mins on this run we go into remedial correct?
    No, you only go to remedial if you don't do the run, sit-ups, push-ups, and pull-ups to there standards (12min, 30, 30, and 4). Thats when the academy starts, must've been the first week, I can't remember for sure.

Forum Member

roadrunner -
    i'd stick to what they ask you unless they tell you otherwise. If you were not arrested do not put down arrest. I'm sure this is a common issue.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Quick question, if I may take it back to the investigation packet for a second for us farther down the line. On the conviction page, it includes "violations" as one of their criteria to list for actual convictions. My only one is an open container about 8+ years ago that got thrown out in court. I have no problem disclosing it, but I'm just making sure I need to here. I see that there is a designated section to write in "arrests" for firefighter/peace officer and their disposition dates, but it does not include violations in that paragraph. I was never arrested, just got served a ticket. Should I include it here? I have the disposition paper in my drawer, and like I said, have no problem showing them.
    I had a ticket for turnstyle jumping 8+ years ago and put it down. I figured better just tell them everything. My investigator looked at my disposition and laughed. She said it wouldn't be a problem at all but its good i brought it in.

Also congrats to everyone who is getting a shot to run in the next two weeks. I'm actually excited for you while I sit at my desk haha. Kill it you guys, hopefully I'm only 6-7 months behind you.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    roadrunner -
    i'd stick to what they ask you unless they tell you otherwise. If you were not arrested do not put down arrest. I'm sure this is a common issue.
    Hmmm. It says "for assistance, see CPD(B) applicant guidelines pages 34-36" in that supplemental packet...but there are no pages 34-36 :-/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I had a ticket for turnstyle jumping 8+ years ago and put it down. I figured better just tell them everything. My investigator looked at my disposition and laughed. She said it wouldn't be a problem at all but its good i brought it in.

Also congrats to everyone who is getting a shot to run in the next two weeks. I'm actually excited for you while I sit at my desk haha. Kill it you guys, hopefully I'm only 6-7 months behind you.

You listed it under that section with "arrest date" and all that?

Forum Member

Got the "CORRECTION" email haha. They need to get it together over there. Don't see that too often. Good thing my bank statements just came.

And just to clarify, for the run, I'm bringing a printout of my run letter and my ID and that's it. I'm not bringing my recent residency until the 17th right? (I'm assuming they're going to ask us to come down on the 17th again to drop things off?) Or should I be bringing the recent residency paperwork to the run on the 9th?

Sorry for confusion :O

Forum Member

Well after seeing some guys here mention it and hoping I wouldnt be one of them, I started getting sick yesterday and today I'm a mess. I run on Thursday and was wondering if theres any health gurus here that have some tips and tricks to get me back to semi-normal by Thursday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    You listed it under that section with "arrest date" and all that?
    Yup, as I understood it non-moving violation related offenses had to be listed there no matter how small or big. But honestly unless you are stealing, getting DWI's, or something on that level it doesn't seem to be a big deal. An open container or fist fight from more than 3-4 years ago they seem to ignore.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Well after seeing some guys here mention it and hoping I wouldnt be one of them, I started getting sick yesterday and today I'm a mess. I run on Thursday and was wondering if theres any health gurus here that have some tips and tricks to get me back to semi-normal by Thursday.
    I heard good things about Zicam. Also the emergn-c not sure if that's spelt right
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yup, as I understood it non-moving violation related offenses had to be listed there no matter how small or big. But honestly unless you are stealing, getting DWI's, or something on that level it doesn't seem to be a big deal. An open container or fist fight from more than 3-4 years ago they seem to ignore.

Thanks buddy, as always...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by rcfd31 View Post
    I heard good things about Zicam. Also the emergn-c not sure if that's spelt right
    I think you mean Ester-C? Vitamin C tablets?
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Spicy soup, water, and rest will fix you up

Forum Member

Yea I started taking Airborne yesterday when I felt it coming on but it seems my body said "nice try" and went full sickness overnight. Still taking it though, thanks.

Forum Member

Z-Pack. 100 percent guaranteed to knock everything out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I think you mean Ester-C? Vitamin C tablets?
    it's a vit c powder 1000mg per pack, also has like 6 b vit's, antioxidants and electrolytes and a few other things to I just don't remember off hand
    coldblood92 likes this.
    exam 2000
    list #2**
    score 105

Forum Member

Hey guys can't believe I just found this thread.... Little background I am 29 did 5 years in the navy currently working for a agency that inspects fire safety on cruise ships. About to go through this process my intake is this month and sounds like this will be a long process I'm sure my wife will be even more pleased. I will spend the night backtracking this thread to read up on what I'm in for good luck to you guys heading into the academy that was my dream when I was 21 maybe I'll still get there. Btw from Staten Island if anyone wants to contact me who is on the same step as me my score was 101
    River6019, Sultan and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Spicy soup, water, and rest will fix you up
    The lady is working on that tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    Z-Pack. 100 percent guaranteed to knock everything out.
    I'll definitely check that out.
    Thanks for the replies fellas, this forum has to be the most helpful website in the world.
    Exam 2000
    Score: 106
    List: 1**

Forum Member

so if 1/17 is the date for administrative processing, are there any other days we'd have to go to the academy before 1/27? I thought someone mentioned picking up gear and stuff like that, is that a separate day?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    so if 1/17 is the date for administrative processing, are there any other days we'd have to go to the academy before 1/27? I thought someone mentioned picking up gear and stuff like that, is that a separate day?
    in a previous post for the last class...i read that they had orientation the Monday before the academy. So looks like possible orientation Monday the 20th and academy on Monday the 27th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    in a previous post for the last class...i read that they had orientation the Monday before the academy. So looks like possible orientation Monday the 20th and academy on Monday the 27th
    I was thinking what ever we planned to do on 1/20 will be taking place on 1/17 instead

Forum Member

Orientation day is first, then you go to pick up your gear. I would assume OD is a week before the academy begins which is 1/27. So the week of orientation day, you guys pick up gear so you have it for the first day of the academy.
    And picking up you gear is not a easy day, the DIs will be there, no different from the Rock. At any time, you can be doing push-ups. Lol
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Orientation day is first, then you go to pick up your gear. I would assume OD is a week before the academy begins which is 1/27. So the week of orientation day, you guys pick up gear so you have it for the first day of the academy.
    And picking up you gear is not a easy day, the DIs will be there, no different from the Rock. At any time, you can be doing push-ups. Lol
    OK, thanks. So if orientation day = administrative processing day, then it's 2 days down at the rock between the run and day 1 of the academy

Thread Information