Like Tree11242Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Well after seeing some guys here mention it and hoping I wouldnt be one of them, I started getting sick yesterday and today I'm a mess. I run on Thursday and was wondering if theres any health gurus here that have some tips and tricks to get me back to semi-normal by Thursday.
    Drink at least two packets of Emergen-C(1,000mg Vitamin C) in the morning and I sometimes drink a third one in the night. You could even drink two packets before bed. Helps me out a lot when I'm feeling sick.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

Im thinking after the run on the Thursday the 9th....they will send out more emails this Thursday and Friday afternoon for the run on Wednesday 15th.

Forum Member

So no run letters at all today?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheRock2014 View Post
    I have a question for those who had a 1.5 mile run at some point. I wonder how long it takes to have a run and then to receive necessary paperwork and study materials. Do we have to sit around and wait for everyone to finish run and then as a group get out or its done on first come first served basis? Im just trying to plan and manage my time appropriately. Thank you
    Heads up: once the clock strikes 0700 on the day of your run you are in their hands. Shut the **** up, stay anonymous, and do as told, and it will be relatively easy. I can't remember the time frame but you'll definitely be done before noon, probably much earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    its been repeated countless time but just to confirm if we go over 12 mins on this run we go into remedial correct?
    You run twice. This one, which only has to be under 13, and then sometime in the first week of the academy.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy Bones View Post
    Well after seeing some guys here mention it and hoping I wouldnt be one of them, I started getting sick yesterday and today I'm a mess. I run on Thursday and was wondering if theres any health gurus here that have some tips and tricks to get me back to semi-normal by Thursday.
    Rest. Maybe drink a ****load of dayquil on the run day. If you're in good enough shape adrenalin should get you through the run on the day of.

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    Z-Pack. 100 percent guaranteed to knock everything out.
    Untrue. Antibiotics aren't going to do **** for a viral infection, which is what he's likely to have.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post

Untrue. Antibiotics aren't going to do **** for a viral infection, which is what he's likely to have.
    I agree, I jsut didnt wanna say anything. All that vita pac and airborne are BS, which is why they get sued every year. Theres been many studies that show that theres no proof that they have any affect, including vitamin C. Drink a lot of water, make sure your getting your calories in and get rest because all you can do is make sure you have enough energy and adrenaline for the run (which you probably will). You may feel like **** but you make it through. For all you guys who are sick out there and are doing the run, dont worry you got this!

Forum Member

Haha I'm not even sick and I've been drinking those emergenC's just in case.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    haha ill admit one thing though, the brain is a powerful thing so if you think they work then they just might.

Forum Member

They are right, scientifically proven they don't work. Your body can only process a certain amount of vitamin C at a time. So when you take 1,000 mg or whatever of vitamin C your body will take what it needs and send the rest to get ****ed out.

The reason people swear by these things or drinking a lot of OJ is because making sure your body is sufficiently hydrated is the real way so your body can rid the wastes inside it.

Forum Member

I'll try this one more time:
    Anyone running on the 9th that currently resides in the bay ridge area (preferably Dyker Heights) want to carpool? PM me if you do.
    LordzofBrooklyn likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    I'll try this one more time:
    Anyone running on the 9th that currently resides in the bay ridge area (preferably Dyker Heights) want to carpool? PM me if you do.
    Anyone from the Bronx? Going once...going twice...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    Too much Vitamin C can give you the runs and dehydrate you. Just a heads up.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Anyone from the Bronx? Going once...going twice...
    I sent you a private message about the carpool. Let me know if you received it.

Forum Member

I'm starting believe that you can catch a cold through the internet. A lot of us have come down with the same thing hah. I've got a little wheezy cough going on but no pain in the throat when I swallow and no body or muscle aches. Gonna see how I feel in the morning and if no progress I'll prob give the Doc a ring.

Chicken noodle soup boys!! Works wonders! Mind over matter!

Forum Member

Nice to see a few Bronx ppl here and will be running Thursday. Hopefully we'll be in the academy together.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I'm starting believe that you can catch a cold through the internet. A lot of us have come down with the same thing hah. I've got a little wheezy cough going on but no pain in the throat when I swallow and no body or muscle aches. Gonna see how I feel in the morning and if no progress I'll prob give the Doc a ring.

Chicken noodle soup boys!! Works wonders! Mind over matter!
    Pretendonitis seems to be quite rampant around these parts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Pretendonitis seems to be quite rampant around these parts.
    LOL hey man, this cold is REAL! I swear it! Your most definitely right though haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    I sent you a private message about the carpool. Let me know if you received it.
    Sent you a reply

Forum Member

"Dear *****, the fire academy is only three weeks away...." Screw you, you heartless automated email distrubution list! Stop rubbing it in!
    coldblood92 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Is there anyone under 101 that received processing paperwork? I'm wondering if they are going to process each group according to the score in the future. That seems to be the way its been going.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    "Dear *****, the fire academy is only three weeks away...." Screw you, you heartless automated email distrubution list! Stop rubbing it in!
    I'm with you dude, I hate those emails!! It's gotta be even worse for the people waiting for a run letter lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

so next class is in May or July? do we know yet?

Good luck tomorrow guys. stay hydrated, healthy and sane.
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I'm with you dude, I hate those emails!! It's gotta be even worse for the people waiting for a run letter lol
    Feel both of your pain. Either of you guys hear anything on the medical or psych front?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    Is there anyone under 101 that received processing paperwork? I'm wondering if they are going to process each group according to the score in the future. That seems to be the way its been going.
    Certainly seems so. Next up are the candidates who scored 100. I have to believe that the packets are sent out either randomly or all at once to the candidates with the same score. It wouldn't be fair for someone with a list # of 2300 to get their packet before someone whose list number is 3500, even though they have the same score.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Feel both of your pain. Either of you guys hear anything on the medical or psych front?
    Nothing yet but I remember Peggy Quin saying next batch of medicals would be for us. I thought she said within the next couple of months (this is back when we had out intake). Does anyone remember exactly what she said?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    Certainly seems so. Next up are the candidates who scored 100. I have to believe that the packets are sent out either randomly or all at once to the candidates with the same score. It wouldn't be fair for someone with a list # of 2300 to get their packet before someone whose list number is 3500, even though they have the same score.
    I think this was spoken about before, they really don't care if someone gets a packet and someone with the same score doesn't, they aren't going to make decisions based on not hurting someone's feelings lol. Right now they may be doing it by grades because the groups aren't that big and it may fit what they need right now, but it might not stay that way as the groups of scores get bigger.

Thread Information