Like Tree11254Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    So is anyone bringing residency paperwork to tomorrow's run? Or are we waiting until the 17th?
    Don't think we'll need it but I'd rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it. I'll be overly cautious and bring mine, prob leave it in the car though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    On a non FDNY note, Piazza didn't get into the hall of fame....b@st@rds!
    The baseball writers vote like Garaufis judges.
    dwm326 likes this.

Forum Member

Hope everyone gets a good nights rest and good luck for all you guys running tomorrow
    infolet333 and FuDsNmYc like this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    Hope everyone gets a good nights rest and good luck for all you guys running tomorrow
    I have been waking up freaking out these past few days thinking im late for the run

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    I know early is the best policy what time would you guys suggest walking through those doors tommorow?
    What you already know to be the best policy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bstar28 View Post
    Scheduled for the psych January 25, list number high 1100's
    I can't wait to get home and see if I got one. Did you get date scheduled for medical ?
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Minerva View Post
    Are watches even allowed?
    The notice said no jewelry except wedding rings. Even I'm taking precautions with that one. Once you pass, you pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    So is anyone bringing residency paperwork to tomorrow's run? Or are we waiting until the 17th?
    I'm still iffy on this. I would wait until the 17th. If its like CPAT Training, they're going to be upset if you walk in with more than just your ID and notice.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Writers could have thrown us Mets fans a bone at least, not like we have much to cheer for right now lol.
    Let's face it. BBWA are really a fellowship of old ****** who keep comparing current players to players of old. As a Yankees fan, I know (not think but know) that when it comes time for Derek Jeter, they'll screw him over and make him wait one more year. Besides, you 2015 to look forward to. Mets have a strong farm system.
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    I can't wait to get home and see if I got one. Did you get date scheduled for medical ?
    Nothing for the medical yet. I'm sure you have a letter waiting for you, you have the same intake and CPAT dates that I had.

Forum Member

What time are you guys scheduled for your psych?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    The notice said no jewelry except wedding rings. Even I'm taking precautions with that one. Once you pass, you pass.

I'm still iffy on this. I would wait until the 17th. If its like CPAT Training, they're going to be upset if you walk in with more than just your ID and notice.

Let's face it. BBWA are really a fellowship of old ****** who keep comparing current players to players of old. As a Yankees fan, I know (not think but know) that when it comes time for Derek Jeter, they'll screw him over and make him wait one more year. Besides, you 2015 to look forward to. Mets have a strong farm system.
    I'm aware of what the notice said. I don't think of a watch as jewelry, especially since the only time I wear a watch is during a run or for work. It's made of rubber and about 10 years old... This is why I posed the question and since some of the members here have been to the run, I thought they might know.

As far as the Mets, their farm system does not have depth. It several very good prospects and I hope those will work out. It would be nice to see some good Mets baseball again... Hopefully the Mets will take note of what teams like St. Louis and Tampa are doing with their minor league systems.

Forum Member

No watches, they are not allowed at the rock for probies. So start on a good note.....

Forum Member

So I've been reading the Probie manuals, and other than getting a basic understanding and being able to go into the academy remembering "I've read about this before" I don't know anything about fire fighting what so ever. Its not in my background, And I never knew a fire fighter personally. Im in the mentorship program, and my mentor is a good guy, not saying anything negative about him, but he prefers to text, and usually when I try to call him, we wind up playing phone tag.. he rarely answers, and when he returns my phone call, im at work where my phone is not permitted.

I was reading the chapter about ropes and knots yesterday, and I can't really learn a great deal about a rope or tying different knots from the book and its cheap diagrams lol.

Anyone in the same position as me or do a lot of you guys have a fire fighter backround in terms of friends/family on job?

In school/college I was always a good student and had good grades, so im not a dumb guy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    No watches, they are not allowed at the rock for probies. So start on a good note.....
    Thank You. That is what I was looking for.

Forum Member

finally got the run letter !!!! january 15th!!! of course i'm 2xx and have been having a breakdown for 2 weeks. PHEW!!!
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    finally got the run letter !!!! january 15th!!! of course i'm 2xx and have been having a breakdown for 2 weeks. PHEW!!!
    awesome. I was wondering what happened with you

Forum Member

Got my written psych date today! Jan 25 at 815am. List# late 1100s
    Jackooze and coldblood92 like this.
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

All the talk about jewelry sparked a question that maybe some of the OTJ guys could shed some light on. I have a memorial bracelet, I haven't taken it off since me and the rest of my platoon got them at the funeral. Do DI's overlook these or do they view these the same as any other piece of jewelry.

I'll remove if absolutely necessary because I'm not the type to cause problems and have every intention of blending in. But, it would mean a lot to have that on through the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Got my written psych date today! Jan 25 at 815am. List# late 1100s
    Got mine too!! It's at the same time as you.
    coldblood92 likes this.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Default Comeback

So after spending the last couple of months battling a wicked cold and then a severe flu I finally got back in the gym today. I spent last week bedridden for the most part and today I finally felt good for the first time in a long time. Anyway, I jumped on the stairs after to warmup sets of calisthenics and a 3 min warm up walk on the stair master. Then I immediately added 75lbs(45lb vest and 30lb bookbag). I lasted only 3:20 before I had to drop the book bag. Only another 3 1/2min after that I had to dump the vest and get off. Couldn't breathe, mega light headed and nauseous as well. Needless to say epic failure. Spent the rest of my session trying not to chuck and just stretching. On average, before getting sick, I was lasting at least 15min with 80lbs. I know I'd be weak coming back after all that but today was demoralizing especially with cpat training starting on Tuesday night for me.

Finally my question is for any health and fitness nuts on here. I'm no fitness freak and considered myself in decent shape but not a beast by any means. I was traing 5-6x a week until the illnesses. How long of a road to getting back into that fighting shape do I have in front of me? Is it possible to lose that much strength and endurance in just 6 weeks or so. And lastly, since I was only well enough to be up and about since this past Saturday is it still too early for me to be training.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all those with the run upcoming. God speed ladies and gentlemen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    So after spending the last couple of months battling a wicked cold and then a severe flu I finally got back in the gym today. I spent last week bedridden for the most part and today I finally felt good for the first time in a long time. Anyway, I jumped on the stairs after to warmup sets of calisthenics and a 3 min warm up walk on the stair master. Then I immediately added 75lbs(45lb vest and 30lb bookbag). I lasted only 3:20 before I had to drop the book bag. Only another 3 1/2min after that I had to dump the vest and get off. Couldn't breathe, mega light headed and nauseous as well. Needless to say epic failure. Spent the rest of my session trying not to chuck and just stretching. On average, before getting sick, I was lasting at least 15min with 80lbs. I know I'd be weak coming back after all that but today was demoralizing especially with cpat training starting on Tuesday night for me.

Finally my question is for any health and fitness nuts on here. I'm no fitness freak and considered myself in decent shape but not a beast by any means. I was traing 5-6x a week until the illnesses. How long of a road to getting back into that fighting shape do I have in front of me? Is it possible to lose that much strength and endurance in just 6 weeks or so. And lastly, since I was only well enough to be up and about since this past Saturday is it still too early for me to be training.
    Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Good luck to all those with the run upcoming. God speed ladies and gentlemen.
    assuming you were training 5-6times week for 6 months or more it should be a 1:1 ratio on getting your endurance back...I think after two weeks off you lose like 8-12% VO2 max and after 6 weeks its like 25% maybe little more i cant remember exact numbers atm...

But if you have been out for 6-8 weeks expect it to take you 6-8 weeks to get back to where you were. On top of that dont over do it...Plan it out so that you have a linear curve back to what you were doing...STAY SAFE BRO!

Forum Member

About to get ready for bed. So excited for tomorrow! This past year has been an exciting headache. Look forward to seeing some of you tomorrow. Best of luck and I'll see you at the finish line!
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

I was out for about 4 weeks with runner's knee and am just starting to feel good again, (even though I swam and did upper body stuff.) What I would do is start off with some sprints to get your wind back. That's what helped me and I finally feel just about ready to get back on the step machine again in time for CPAT training.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

I can't even imagine how many times I am going to wake up in my sleep tonight thinking it is time for the run.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I can't even imagine how many times I am going to wake up in my sleep tonight thinking it is time for the run.
    You and I my friend

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dwm326 View Post
    All the talk about jewelry sparked a question that maybe some of the OTJ guys could shed some light on. I have a memorial bracelet, I haven't taken it off since me and the rest of my platoon got them at the funeral. Do DI's overlook these or do they view these the same as any other piece of jewelry.

I'll remove if absolutely necessary because I'm not the type to cause problems and have every intention of blending in. But, it would mean a lot to have that on through the academy.
    Remove it, it'll only make your life easier. The only ones allowed to wear a watch is the squad leader. They probably won't even ask what it's for, they will just tell you to take it off.

Thread Information