Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 706 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 206606656696703704705706707708709716756806 ... LastLast
Results 14,101 to 14,120 of 23949
Like Tree9379Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

So I am a bit confused. For CPAT and LIC we should wear sports gear. For the investigation and so on should be suit ? Do I have that correct ?
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    So I am a bit confused. For CPAT and LIC we should wear sports gear. For the investigation and so on should be suit ? Do I have that correct ?
    For dcas jeans and a polo are fine. For the first meeting at the rock wear business attire/suit.

Forum Member

Good luck to those who received their packets.

On a side note, does anybody know a good mechanic? My Relvo Unit has been acting up, the Vortion meter seems to be busted.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

Ok, broken down nice and simple.

Metrotech for you to turn in your investigation/packet/paperwork::

Suit - it's not an actual interview but its still a "job interview", look like a gentleman.

First day at the rock for your "cpat training" where you won't do any actual training just some paperwork and walk through no hands on stuff which most of us I believe our first day was the 16, 17, 18, and 21st::

Suit

EVERYTHING ELSE:: Gym clothes which are sweatpants and a long sleeve shirt. No shorts or tshirts and no FDNY clothing of any kind.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Even better if 260 can make it from the oc ... I wish there was a way or law to have the Vulcans stay away in any form of contact from candidates from the oc list... And I only say this because we all know there's a lot of candidates that are being baby-sited by them

Ultimate dream ??? You'd be surprised. Lets see how this turns out ... Jäger bombs on you if the ratio 5.5 or higher ?
    I've heard you mention a round and now jager bombs....I like the way you think pal
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Some updates from Metrotech (finished my medical / 8-min stair machine this week):

No less than 68 candidates have dropped from the Rock so far (including medicals who will recycle and straight up resignations). Expected that another 40 (!!!) will be dropped at mid-terms next week.

Six people were no-shows at my medical date and are thus dropped. Out of a group of 11 during our 8-minute stair redo, at least two more did not make it through (one medical issue, one tripped) and I left before everyone had a chance to give it a shot. There may have been more.

To reiterate what has been said, it was confirmed that the plan is for the January class to commence on the 27th. I am done with everything, just need the go-ahead for the run and to stay in shape/stay out of trouble. Good luck to everyone else going through packages/medicals and those waiting on their shot.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

PLEASE HELP:

I have just received my package a few days ago and filled out the CPB booklet today..

1) Do you think this will be for the January class or july?

2) Im currently a city employee (DOC) I saw something in the instructions saying city employees don't have to fill out that questionnaire but need to fill something else out which was not included in the package..

3) Does my job have to give me the day off, aka official business to go to all my appointments if im working those days, or do I have to find a way to get the day off or use my own vacation time to take the days off... my job is telling me its on my time but they aren't sure.. I've heard from former city employees that the job has to give you official business and its on their time.

Forum Member

I haven't gotten my packet yet and I'm in the 900's. When you receive the packet, how much time do they give you to fill it out and return it? I just moved to the area from Phoenix a couple weeks ago.

Forum Member

Well done! I have a question about the medical stair test. Was this your second attempt or first? I hear a lot of people are failing the first time but it seems the second test is pretty successful. I am in good shape and practicing at a gym on the stairs but I'm constantly worried about this part. Is it hard to fail a second time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post
    Some updates from Metrotech (finished my medical / 8-min stair machine this week):

No less than 68 candidates have dropped from the Rock so far (including medicals who will recycle and straight up resignations). Expected that another 40 (!!!) will be dropped at mid-terms next week.

Six people were no-shows at my medical date and are thus dropped. Out of a group of 11 during our 8-minute stair redo, at least two more did not make it through (one medical issue, one tripped) and I left before everyone had a chance to give it a shot. There may have been more.

To reiterate what has been said, it was confirmed that the plan is for the January class to commence on the 27th. I am done with everything, just need the go-ahead for the run and to stay in shape/stay out of trouble. Good luck to everyone else going through packages/medicals and those waiting on their shot.

Are you saying all 68 are going to recycle? Please tell me in reading wrong!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    Good luck to those who received their packets.

On a side note, does anybody know a good mechanic? My Relvo Unit has been acting up, the Vortion meter seems to be busted.
    I logged in just to like this haha.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Are you saying all 68 are going to recycle? Please tell me in reading wrong!
    I'm sorry, I thought I was being clear. That number -68- includes those who will recycle AND those who simply resigned. I did not hear a more detailed breakdown of how many will in fact recycle and how many resigned.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 103
    List # 53X

Forum Member

Girlfriend just got home and still nothing in the mail. Has anyone else not received their packet yet ?

Forum Member

I'm sorry, I thought I was being clear. That number -68- includes those who will recycle AND those who simply resigned. I did not hear a more detailed breakdown of how many will in fact recycle and how many resigned.
    No you were probably pretty clear, that was me just getting nervous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Girlfriend just got home and still nothing in the mail. Has anyone else not received their packet yet ?
    If you don't get anything over the weekend, then I would call on Monday. No need to panic, but you don't want to wait to long either.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Hey buddy I'm going to answer so you won't think everyone ignoring the question ... I'm not 100% sure I'm assuming it would be like the credit cards statements two cards count as two two w2 count as 2 ... Bring everything you got !!!!
    Thanks man. I have 3 W2s for that period and also bank and credit card that I can't get. Just wanted to know how close I am cutting it. Never lived anywhere else so I have to be able to prove it somehow.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Good job bro, at my medical this week there were 9 of us and one no show. I believe all but 1 passed, a guy fell off at 7:38! He yelled pretty loud too almost screwing up the guy next to him. I was close to the wall in my zone they could have been banging pots near my ears and I would have sailed through. Don't think those guys are done tho, it should be 2 and out but all they have to do is file an appeal and take a few medical test and come back in another 30 days or so. Either way myself and a few of my brothers on here are completely done and waiting on the run
    nycthirteen and USMC2024 like this.

Forum Member

Ultimate dream ??? You'd be surprised. Lets see how this turns out ... Jäger bombs on you if the ratio 5.5 or higher ?[/QUOTE]

Haha, sure man....
    vekdoggs75 and Dannypanigale like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Good job bro, at my medical this week there were 9 of us and one no show. I believe all but 1 passed, a guy fell off at 7:38! He yelled pretty loud too almost screwing up the guy next to him. I was close to the wall in my zone they could have been banging pots near my ears and I would have sailed through. Don't think those guys are done tho, it should be 2 and out but all they have to do is file an appeal and take a few medical test and come back in another 30 days or so. Either way myself and a few of my brothers on here are completely done and waiting on the run
    There were 16 of us re-doing the stairs yesterday. By the time I was finished (I was close to the end of the group), 3 guys had failed. The two guys that were with me in the room failed. The one next to me fell off before the 4 minute mark, and the other fell off no more than a minute later after the first guy. I felt bad for them, but it was very evident they did not train properly at all.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    3) Does my job have to give me the day off, aka official business to go to all my appointments if im working those days, or do I have to find a way to get the day off or use my own vacation time to take the days off... my job is telling me its on my time but they aren't sure.. I've heard from former city employees that the job has to give you official business and its on their time.
    You know, this sounds kind of crazy but I have heard one other person mention this. However, I believe it only relates to civil service exams and not processing as well. I have no idea if there is any truth to this rumor, but I have heard grumblings about it. Let me know if you hear anything about this, your department is way bigger than mine so you have more people to ask.

Also keep in mind that if they were to give you off on their time, they will know what you're doing. Your agency isn't supposed to hold it against you but you and I both know how the city works sometimes. You might be better off doing it on your time.

Thread Information