Like Tree9891Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    awesome. I was wondering what happened with you
    I didn't know what happened to me either lol but I'm so beyond relieved now. Good luck to you and everyone else running tomorrow. I think I'll be there on the 15th by myself but at this point I couldn't care less lol

Forum Member

I know this fdny tests for drugs.. what about whey and glutamine? there not drugs but do supplements turn up a negative?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Got mine too!! It's at the same time as you.
    Quick question what does the psych involve? What kind of questions do they ask? Any drawing involved?

Forum Member

the psych is long and excruciating. its a lot of nonsense questions asked over and over and over and over again. yes there are are drawings involved. at least there was when i took it.
    Last edited by fdnybk; 01-08-2014 at 11:32 PM. Reason: typ-o

Forum Member

When did you take it? As far as I know it's been a long time since you had to draw something. I didn't have to.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    So I've been reading the Probie manuals, and other than getting a basic understanding and being able to go into the academy remembering "I've read about this before" I don't know anything about fire fighting what so ever. Its not in my background, And I never knew a fire fighter personally. Im in the mentorship program, and my mentor is a good guy, not saying anything negative about him, but he prefers to text, and usually when I try to call him, we wind up playing phone tag.. he rarely answers, and when he returns my phone call, im at work where my phone is not permitted.

I was reading the chapter about ropes and knots yesterday, and I can't really learn a great deal about a rope or tying different knots from the book and its cheap diagrams lol.

Anyone in the same position as me or do a lot of you guys have a fire fighter backround in terms of friends/family on job?

In school/college I was always a good student and had good grades, so im not a dumb guy.
    Keep reading...memorize the details about the ropes, LSR, search rope.....(lengths, width, inspection times) know that stuff. They will teach you how to tie the knots. I was just like you...absolutely no ff background prior to last July and I got through and went to a great house. Study every night no matter how tired you are. Make note cards right off the bat and carry them with you everywhere. The rock is rough because the job is demanding. Keep focused the entire time you are there. Pay attention to detail because that could be the difference between life and death for you 5 months from now. They call the rock Disneyland because everything is controlled...your first day otj will be the real deal. Take it from me..day 2 I was 2nd due for a 5 alarm. Reality comes quickly. Good luck and hope to see you guys make it through.
    NYgrad2012 and dawk34 like this.

Forum Member

Not as exciting as the run, but anyone going to be at the rock tomorrow for the information session?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Hey guys I need some help..i got this letter in my email and this was part of it
    This is to confirm that you are registered for the CPAT Training and Firefighter Candidate Mentorship Program Information Session scheduled for:
    Saturday, January 11th, 2014, 8:00am
    Fire Academy
    Building 9 – Auditorium
    Randall’s Island, NY
    Please make sure that you arrive no more than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time. Make sure you have photo identification and a print-out of this E-Confirmation with you. As this Information Session will not include any hands-on activity you do not need to dress in work-out attire.
    So if this isn't the cpat practice stuff than what is it? What do I wear? Gym clothes or formal attire?

By the way my score Is 101...list number 21**...and I really wish I could fast forward time to like about a year from now! -_-
    Last edited by ready4fire; 01-09-2014 at 02:24 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    Not as exciting as the run, but anyone going to be at the rock tomorrow for the information session?
    I'm going Saturday man. I was wondering if anyone knows if we DEFINITELY need the medical form for the info session, or if we need it for the first actual session. I've heard mixed things.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

i dont remember clearly, but i believe that you can hand it in at orientation, but you def need it by the start of your first session...so in other words, bring it

Forum Member

We only need the medical form for the actual training!!

Forum Member

Just waiting on a few dudes from here so we can drive to the run at 5 together. I'm excited and nervous despite having run under 12 min many times. I could barely sleep last night and woke up a few times.
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Just waiting on a few dudes from here so we can drive to the run at 5 together. I'm excited and nervous despite having run under 12 min many times. I could barely sleep last night and woke up a few times.
    Same here man! Tough sleeping last night. I'm so amped right now!! Good luck
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Good luck to those running today!

Once you've done the happy dance and called all relatives and friends, let us know how it went.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Same here man! Tough sleeping last night
    . I'm so amped right now!! Good luck
    If i got 2 hours of sleep last night...its a lot lol!! I could not get to sleep for the life of me! Got to parking lot round 5:15-5:20ish and there were about 4-5 people there already.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Are you in a sedan with 3 other guys? I think im right next to you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Quick question what does the psych involve? What kind of questions do they ask? Any drawing involved?
    I was going to ask the same question after everyone does the run.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    I was going to ask the same question after everyone does the run.
    Last time I took it you had to draw a picture at the end. Its no big deal though, it was simple.

I have mine the 25th also at 8:15!
    Jackooze likes this.

Forum Member

its just questions no pictures, nothing to be nervous about

Forum Member

Got medical letter. List # below 1100.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    congrats man!! how much below 1100? And when did you get it?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Did you get your psych letter too? I got my psych letter yesterday but I have to reschedule.

Forum Member

Hey fellas!

Passed the run!! Make sure you show up early on the 15th!! I doubt there will be as many as there were today but they split us into two groups and the later group had to wait for us to be done and then they started. I got to the lot around 5:50 and there were already 30-40 cars parked. Very happy to see everyone on time. I saw a group of 4 getting out of a car, figured it was probably some of you fellas.

When we were upstairs waiting to get the job letter I was the third guy to go in. I felt bad for whoever was on the end of that line haha.

Just clarifying, I got my manuals and just left. I didn't see anyone else walking to the parking lot though. Did you guys leave right after picking up your manuals?

And about the 30 questions we need to type up. When he said write four answers, does he mean one correct answer and 3 incorrect ones? (like we're making up a test with answers A,B,C and D) or just answer 4 of your own 30 correctly? I didn't really understand that.
    ffbam24 and kremecheze like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    congrats man!! how much below 1100? And when did you get it?
    Between 1000 and 1100. Yesterdays mail.
    Jackooze likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Did you get your psych letter too? I got my psych letter yesterday but I have to reschedule.
    Took psych over a month ago.

Thread Information