Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 71 of 1017 FirstFirst ... 21616869707172737481121171571 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,420 of 20337
Like Tree7721Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    PSI called me about setting an appointment for an exam review. She said it's only available May 11-24. I told her might be out of town. She said, "that's fine, it's not mandatory". "Dcas will just notify you of your score around that time then."

Can anyone fill me in with what is going on here? What is the next step in this process?
    PSI called you directly? I've been on the phone with them for the past 2 days trying to find out why my SS# doesnt pull up any Record on their Website. They told me to keep trying on the website and maybe it'll pull up as we get closer to May and i can schedule my Review then.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    Well if it was approved by then and they give us an oppurtunity to review and correct any wrong answers we may have gotten wrong and you miss it that would mean you would not get to get any additional points if they allow that like with 6019.
    Ok so I never took the 6019 test but what your saying is they where allowed to go back and correct any wrong questions? For example if i got 9 and 10 Wrong I can go back figure out the right answer and it would boost my score? Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say can you elaborate please.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Ok so I never took the 6019 test but what your saying is they where allowed to go back and correct any wrong questions? For example if i got 9 and 10 Wrong I can go back figure out the right answer and it would boost my score? Maybe I misunderstood what you were trying to say can you elaborate please.
    I think it's if you can argue why your answer wasn't incorrect or why the answer they gave was incorrect you get credit for that question. I never took the 6019 so I may be off as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I think it's if you can argue why your answer wasn't incorrect or why the answer they gave was incorrect you get credit for that question. I never took the 6019 so I may be off as well.
    I only ask because if this is the case then they are giving people way to much of an opportunity to get a high mark. There should be no excuse if that's the case basically.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    I only ask because if this is the case then they are giving people way to much of an opportunity to get a high mark. There should be no excuse if that's the case basically.
    In some cases it makes sense though. For example I took the corrections exam and 3 questions on the exam were missing entire blocks of information I was supposed to base my answer off of. There was no way to answer the question. Even the person next to me had the same problem and the proctors had no answer. I could have went to the protect class for that. But I don't really want to be a corrections officer so I really didn't care lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    I think I did well.

You cannot bring ANYTHING into the testing area. They'll tell you to throw it out. You can't go to the bathroom during the exam either, so eat something right before you go in.
    Yes you can go to the bathroom. The only catch is the exam does not pause so you need to make it fast. They make you sign in and out of the bathroom also.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by snoozer1989 View Post
    Yes you can go to the bathroom. The only catch is the exam does not pause so you need to make it fast. They make you sign in and out of the bathroom also.
    Ah alright, yeah they told us something different. haha, love the consistency

Yes with 6019 once everyone got their scores you were allowed to attend a session where you sat down with your results a booklet and they give you a chance to answer the questions you got wrong again. I do not remember if you were given full credit or not but I remember getting a few more points. I also do not know if DCAS intends to do this again with this exam but if they did and you scored less then 100 obviously you would want to go and correct any wrong answers.

Forum Member

They don't simply look at your particular answers and decide if you specifically should get more credit. They look at the entire applicant pool as a whole, and compare protested questions/answers. If they decide that an answer should be changed or whatnot, they change it for everyone. So to answer the question from before, no, you can't just "figure out the right answer and it will boost your score." That would be lunacy...

Yes with 6019 once everyone got their scores you were allowed to attend a session where you sat down with your results a booklet and they give you a chance to answer the questions you got wrong again. I do not remember if you were given full credit or not but I remember getting a few more points. I also do not know if DCAS intends to do this again with this exam but if they did and you scored less then 100 obviously you would want to go and correct any wrong answers.
    Wtf are you kidding me I mean does this judge know this crap. This is one to many chances to add on a couple of points. One point can make a huge difference in anyone's chance of getting hired this is ludicrous wow.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    They don't simply look at your particular answers and decide if you specifically should get more credit. They look at the entire applicant pool as a whole, and compare protested questions/answers. If they decide that an answer should be changed or whatnot, they change it for everyone. So to answer the question from before, no, you can't just "figure out the right answer and it will boost your score." That would be lunacy...
    Oh ok that makes more sense thank you for clearing that up.

I don't remember exactly how it went but thats what I did last time around. Roadrunner09 has the right answer I believe.

Forum Member

Roadrunner is right on the money. If my memory serves me right, they let you compare your answers to the official answer key and you were able to protest why your answers should also be accepted as the correct choices.
    Last edited by My1Goal; 03-20-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Well with the exam extension and also the fact that it's a cbt should leave no room for error. But then again who knows.

Forum Member

are the personality Q's reviewable when you go in to protest any Q's you feel were unfair/unclear?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bellestoria View Post
    PSI called you directly? I've been on the phone with them for the past 2 days trying to find out why my SS# doesnt pull up any Record on their Website. They told me to keep trying on the website and maybe it'll pull up as we get closer to May and i can schedule my Review then.
    Yes, multiple times.

Forum Member

Well if it was approved by then and they give us an oppurtunity to review and correct any wrong answers we may have gotten wrong and you miss it that would mean you would not get to get any additional points if they allow that like with 6019.
    Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    are the personality Q's reviewable when you go in to protest any Q's you feel were unfair/unclear?

Last time around we were. For example there were personality questions that initially had one correct answer, but ended up with 2 or more being correct for the final key.

Who knows about this test though...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Roadrunner is right on the money. If my memory serves me right, they let you compare your answers to the official answer key and you were able to protest why your answers should also be accepted as the correct choices.
    If they accepted one answer that wasn't originally a correct answer for someone wouldn't they have to give anyone who had that answer credit?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDFF26 View Post
    If they accepted one answer that wasn't originally a correct answer for someone wouldn't they have to give anyone who had that answer credit?
    I'm not really sure how they adjusted the scores, but if I had to guess they either threw out the question or gave everyone extra points for the most popular answer.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Thread Information