Like Tree11283Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    So just to clarify;

We dress suit and tie for the 17th right?

And as for bringing lunch, I was thinking of using the black bag I will be using as my bag in the academy. Anyone else doin that?
    Suit and tie for friday. I'm just bringing my bag for lunch.

Forum Member

The 30 questions: Are they all from Volume 1?

Forum Member

For all of us on the fence you will know shortly. I got a call from my investigator yesterday saying I need a statement about something from when I was 18 that she missed. She said it needs to be faxed by 8am monday because thats the cut off for packets to be reviewed. Obviously I faxed it on the hour all day today

Unfortunately I will be deferring because I was activated by the Army National Guard until June. Just gives me six more months to become a PT stud. Good luck to everyone.

List number 63x
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Im pretty sure its both Volumes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Someone here said the Chief, the paper not a chief on the job, reported that it's going to be two classes a year, they couldn't approve three. That was about a month ago so maybe things changed since.
    Could someone post the article

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sultan View Post
    Im pretty sure its both Volumes
    Yes, both volumes.

Forum Member

First time using this. There's some really helpful information here. I finally faxed over the remaining documents I needed (missing 2 statements) and am praying I get that email Monday, for the run.

Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List #: 3xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    It can be pretty much anyone, but I think you should avoid using family members--it's an obviously biased reference. Use employers, workmates, possibly a teacher or professor you had a good relationship with, or a person from your community that you've known for a while. If you use a friend just pick one that you know will give great feedback. I used my best friend because we served almost a decade together in the Marines and is a government contractor, so he has his credentials built up. Don't use "Bill" who "was always there when I needed to bum a smoke." Just use your best judgement and have them picked out and addresses ready at the psych--that's when you'll need them. It may seem like just another small step, but it's an intricate step in building your character in CID's eyes.
    Actually my investigator even said I couldn't used past employers? So I Just used 3 of my closest smartest friends lol. But sitting at Low 7XX sucks right now but honestly even if I don't hit janurary, i
    ll be grateful to get in at all, Only thing im worried about is waiting 6 more months to hear an answer to weather ive been cleared
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

You will be running 3-4 miles 5 days a week for at least a good 2 months. Once fst starts I think it goes down to only 4 times a week or something.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    look back in the thread at coldblooded's post on fitness. i have met him and i can say he is in amazing shape for the academy...he posted a bunch of running info..follow it and you'll be golden
    first running post was on 580, last one was on page 687...Good luck FDNYprospect

Forum Member

Exactly two weeks!
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYProspect View Post
    First and foremost I just want to congratulate the gentlemen who are about to enter the academy, make us proud.

Secondly, just had a question, I'm in the upper 1100's and just received the notice for the medical but have yet to get the one for the psych. I just was curious if anyone else has experienced this. I'm not concerned but just more curious, just feeling kinda left out, like I wasn't invited to the party, lol

Another thing I found weird was out of the 3 references only 1 was sent the actual form, that seemed a bit strange to me also, anyone had that happen as well??
    Yeah, thats what happened to me as well, got my medical notice on Friday but still no Psyc. I wouldn't stress too much it seems like when they get around to stuffing the envelope thats when it goes out.. We can start to freak out if we dont get anything this week though haha.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I've checked The Chief back into October, and havent been able to find anything about 3 classes.

Forum Member

dcas updated there certified list upto 1300's today.

Forum Member

What does this number actually mean?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mannyjay View Post
    Can any of the guys otj suggest a specific method that helped out to retain information better from the probie manual while attending the academy (ie. Flash cards, study group, etc)

I have no firefighting background and all the term are fairly new to me...i can read the information and have a general understanding.
    Have you been to college? How have you studied for classes in the past? You kinda gotta do whatever works best for you. I personally wrote study guides for each chapter in the probie books. Just the act of writing the study guide was usually enough for me to learn a given chapter very well, and then I had the guide to review form. If you want to remember something learn it well enough to explain the concept to someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    So just to clarify;

We dress suit and tie for the 17th right?

And as for bringing lunch, I was thinking of using the black bag I will be using as my bag in the academy. Anyone else doin that?
    17th is business attire day. You really don't need your black bag for that day, but you can bring it if you want.

Forum Member

i dont actually know lol. thought it meant that they had processed upto that number and knew who they were selected. but that is obviously not true. so you guess is as good as mine

Forum Member

To the gentlemen who passed the run already:
    Can someone please message me any information that would be relevant to someone who is about to do the run as far as things to have ready for the up coming weeks. For example what to bring for the run (chow), Fridays orientation, etc etc.

Thanks
    List # 1xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yeah, thats what happened to me as well, got my medical notice on Friday but still no Psyc. I wouldn't stress too much it seems like when they get around to stuffing the envelope thats when it goes out.. We can start to freak out if we dont get anything this week though haha.
    I'm the opposite....I got my psych notice but no medical yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffdod50 View Post
    To the gentlemen who passed the run already:
    Can someone please message me any information that would be relevant to someone who is about to do the run as far as things to have ready for the up coming weeks. For example what to bring for the run (chow), Fridays orientation, etc etc.

Thanks
    List # 1xx
    It won't let me PM on the mobile site for whatever reason, but, get there at least an hour early. Show up with a fresh shave and at least a decent haircut. Prepare to be there into the afternoon. Make sure you hydrate and bring water with you. Bring some food because by the end of the day there I was starving. If you get the chance try to stretch whenever possible, we were only given a few minutes to stretch, and I was feeling it in my legs the day after.
    LordzofBrooklyn likes this.

Forum Member

i dont actually know lol. thought it meant that they had processed upto that number and knew who they were selected. but that is obviously not true. so you guess is as good as mine
    yea man i wish i had an idea...only because everyone posting clearly shows different.

At first i thought it was what they reached up to in packets, that was proven wrong. Then i figured it had to do with who was reached and acceped on the list, clearly that was off...

Maybe someone else has a better understanding lol casue im with you, no idea..

Forum Member

Are you guys taking notes/highlighting as you read? So far everything seems important. These pages would be all neon yellow if I was highlighting lol.

Forum Member

That's right. The last eligible certified is now 1346 which is the last list number for score 102. The 102 received their packet back in July/August so it makes sense for their paper work to already be cleared to enter the academy most likely in June. This will give them a one year wait from the time they received their packets to entering the academy. The only list numbers that will have been waiting 1 1/2 years from the time they received their packets are the 103s list number 620s -730s if they don't receive their run letter for this Jan.

They told us in CPAT orientation that the waiting time from the time you get a packet to where you get into the academy is 6months - 1year but it seems that a 1 1/2 year wait is possible if your are in the cusp. Plan accordingly boys.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    That's right. The last eligible certified is now 1346 which is the last list number for score 102. The 102 received their packet back in July/August so it makes sense for their paper work to already be cleared to enter the academy most likely in June. This will give them a one year wait from the time they received their packets to entering the academy. The only list numbers that will have been waiting 1 1/2 years from the time they received their packets are the 103s list number 620s -730s if they don't receive their run letter for this Jan.

They told us in CPAT orientation that the waiting time from the time you get a packet to where you get into the academy is 6months - 1year but it seems that a 1 1/2 year wait is possible if your are in the cusp. Plan accordingly boys.
    Genius lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Are you guys taking notes/highlighting as you read? So far everything seems important. These pages would be all neon yellow if I was highlighting lol.
    I read half of volume one and was highlighting everything, because it seems important. Then looked back and it looked like a mess. So I just started writing down stuff that seemed important, which I think is better. I started memorizing the material much more efficiently than highlighting.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Thread Information