Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 716 of 1171 FirstFirst ... 216616666706713714715716717718719726766816 ... LastLast
Results 14,301 to 14,320 of 23411
Like Tree9176Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Has anyone else been called to have an appointment for an oral psych after the written psych?

Hope this isn't a bad sign for my friend. He has to go in at the end of September. Maybe its due to his background because he was arrested a few times. I doubt its because of the written exam itself.
    I had to go in myself on the last exam. I don't know how serious your friend's situation is going to be since you said arrests.

I would say he'll be fine as long as it's nothing too serious and not a steady pattern of bad behavior.
    Last edited by vekdoggs75; 09-19-2013 at 10:35 AM.

Forum Member

Do we need to have our college transcript sent in even if we have the 6 months of work experience? I have a bachelors deg and have been working the same job for the last 7 years so im hoping to save the trip back to school just to have my records mailed out.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Do we need to have our college transcript sent in even if we have the 6 months of work experience? I have a bachelors deg and have been working the same job for the last 7 years so im hoping to save the trip back to school just to have my records mailed out.
    Your school should be able to just mail you your transcript for a small fee.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I believe they do want to see your transcript even if it is not necessary. It's been a year so it's a little fuzzy to me now, but I feel like my investigator took it upon herself to call them and request a transcript or something. I forget. Regardless, you should be able to go to your school's website and find a way to have an official transcript mailed out.

PS: Holy **** it's been a year since I was at this point in the process. Goes quick guys, very quickly.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I believe they do want to see your transcript even if it is not necessary. It's been a year so it's a little fuzzy to me now, but I feel like my investigator took it upon herself to call them and request a transcript or something. I forget. Regardless, you should be able to go to your school's website and find a way to have an official transcript mailed out.

PS: Holy **** it's been a year since I was at this point in the process. Goes quick guys, very quickly.
    did you get in academy or will you be in the January one? and whats ure list #?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    MM Is a NYC FIREMAN he graduated from the first promo class back in May I believe

Forum Member

He is OTJ. He graduated from the January 2013 academy. He is Jesus on this forum.

Forum Member

Here's how im handling this: I HAVE a bachelors degree with a good GPA.. But I don't feel like dealing with my college to have a transcript mailed as that was a huge headache when getting a transcript for DOC.

So im bringing in pay stubs for the last 6 months to prove full time work experience.. and im bringing in a copy of my transcript that DOC gave back to me when I was going through their process, so my investigator can see it as proof I have a degree.

I don't even have an assigned investigator which is another reason I don't want to mail it out right now. So just bring 6 months full time work experience proof and an unofficial copy of transcript you printed to make it easier.

Also, DOES ANYBODY NOTICE THAT PRIORITY HIRES ARE EXEMPT FROM COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS AND FULL TIME WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT. IS THE FDNY BENDING OVER BACKWARDS AND SIDEWAYS TO HIRE THESE PEOPLE OR WHAT?!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    He is OTJ. He graduated from the January 2013 academy. He is Jesus on this forum.
    That is unnecessary.

Forum Member

Here's how im handling this: I HAVE a bachelors degree with a good GPA.. But I don't feel like dealing with my college to have a transcript mailed as that was a huge headache when getting a transcript for DOC.

So im bringing in pay stubs for the last 6 months to prove full time work experience.. and im bringing in a copy of my transcript that DOC gave back to me when I was going through their process, so my investigator can see it as proof I have a degree.

I don't even have an assigned investigator which is another reason I don't want to mail it out right now. So just bring 6 months full time work experience proof and an unofficial copy of transcript you printed to make it easier.

Also, DOES ANYBODY NOTICE THAT PRIORITY HIRES ARE EXEMPT FROM COLLEGE REQUIREMENTS AND FULL TIME WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT. IS THE FDNY BENDING OVER BACKWARDS AND SIDEWAYS TO HIRE THESE PEOPLE OR WHAT?!!!
    I brought a sealed copy of my college transcripts to turn in to my investigator back in March...I still have the copy and it is still sealed! In other words, if you are not using your college credits (You have no work experience) to meet the qualifying requirements, you will not need a transcript. Never hurts to have it though. If you are a veteran, you will not be using your work experience or your college credits if you have them.

Forum Member

You seem to be very well liked on this forum, I think he was praising you with that comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    That is unnecessary.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NYsFinest_28 View Post
    You seem to be very well liked on this forum, I think he was praising you with that comment.
    I understand that, but I don't need it. I showed up with nothing and asked a lot of questions to figure out how to get to where I am. I try to return the favor to others. That's it.
    vekdoggs75 and DannyD0pe like this.

Forum Member

PH's need the same, education or employment.

Forum Member

Please stop it with the education requirements and work history bull for the PHS.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by almostthere View Post
    Please stop it with the education requirements and work history bull for the PHS.
    so is it not bull that they don't have to have the same requirements as joe schmoe?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cafslover View Post
    so is it not bull that they don't have to have the same requirements as joe schmoe?
    I just mentioned that they do, and why are we going backwards on this thread? It's become very informative as of late, no need to take a step back.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    PH's need the same, education or employment.
    no they don't.. my paper work stated they are exempt. now is that fair? would you really want a guy entering a full time career that never worked full time before and has no college

Forum Member

no they don't.. my paper work stated they are exempt. now is that fair? would you really want a guy entering a full time career that never worked full time before and has no college
    You are worried about things that happened already, get on first, then worry about it. PH's are going through the academy the same way everyone else is, and the weak ones either dropped out or got hurt. You seem to bring this thread down, make another thread about the PHs, don't ruin this one. It's very simple, start new topic and vent there. People don't want to scroll through your posts about PHs, especially now that some have started the process of getting on. Everything you are saying has been said before, why repeat it?

Forum Member

I got the pysch exam this Saturday. Anyone know how long we are usually there for? I hear it's a 650 multiple choice exam about if we love our mothers or something?

Also, to those wondering about Run letters, from Previous posts and from my investigator, they come around a month prior. My investigator said you will get an email too. She seemed confident about January for myself, 63x, but she said the only way to be sure is that run letter.

Lastly, in reference to all these predictions on ratios. The guy that runs things over in medical, frank, I think, said it took 800 to fill each of the past two academy classes, "so you do the math."
    Last edited by JoeNoVowel; 09-20-2013 at 10:24 AM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

***800 candidates to fill each academy class.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Thread Information