Like Tree10628Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

My job has received paperwork from my investigator and at least one of my references has received a reference letter.
    NycQ83 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

ChadX thanks for info.... Anything I should know regarding Friday, or next week? Things needed? Documents?

Forum Member

Do any of you know where the amended list with the .2 & .5 list numbers is?

And is that the most accurate list?
    2000-36XX
    6019-19XX

Forum Member

Waiting at the social security office for my detailed earnings statement right now. Be forewarned guys, the fee skyrocketed from $5 a year to a flat fee of $102 since January 1. Freaking ridiculous. Buncha crooks!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Guys, just a reminder, don't forget the $9 money order for friday!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Waiting at the social security office for my detailed earnings statement right now. Be forewarned guys, the fee skyrocketed from $5 a year to a flat fee of $102 since January 1. Freaking ridiculous. Buncha crooks!
    $102 for a piece of freaking paper???? That's absolutely insane.

Forum Member

WOW straight thuggin...no mercy Citibank was going to charge me a ridiculous fee for archived bank statements luckily my friend works at a branch
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

So without any sort of complex math formula I'd say it looks very good for all the 102ers going From low 100s to mid 600s to fill this class along w EMS and PHs and countless recycles I'd say at minimum 1200 would be the number for next class and factor In a list completely exhausted of EMS and PHs except for recycles id say 1500 wouldn't even be a stretch for the next class. Which I will now keep the mindset that it is in July so if it doesn't happen in May I will not be disasapointed lol and if it does be pleasantly surprised
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Somebody said previously that the all black 20in under armour bag was the best for space and durability. A quick search on amazon came up with this. It says 21in so close enough..
    http://www.amazon.com/Under-Armour-C...mour+black+bag
    You can color in the X's with a sharpie or cover with duct tape and it says it's waterproof and durable. I ordered it last week but haven't received it yet.
    Looking at the dimensions, that may be too small. You may want to go with this one: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...pid1239197-001
    24x13x12
    Sounds to be about the same dimensions as the one I had and recommend.
    However: you will possibly want to wait until you pass the run and get your actual directions from the DI's.
    But, if you want to avoid the rush, get it and if you can't use it; you'll still have a very good travel bag.

Forum Member

does anybody know the number to dcas gives you...the one where there is always someone there to pick up?

Forum Member

does anyone know the possible start date for the summer class?

Forum Member

Yea, I just "bought" my detailed earnings statement. ***** left a bad taste in my mouth.
    NycQ83 likes this.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

those of you that got the run letter for wednesday, don't forget to call and confirm. I was so excited about it I just realized I never called to confirm.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ffbam24 View Post
    Looking at the dimensions, that may be too small. You may want to go with this one: http://www.underarmour.com/shop/us/e...pid1239197-001
    24x13x12
    Sounds to be about the same dimensions as the one I had and recommend.
    However: you will possibly want to wait until you pass the run and get your actual directions from the DI's.
    But, if you want to avoid the rush, get it and if you can't use it; you'll still have a very good travel bag.
    I needed a new travel bag anyway bc I use it every week. The one I had was falling apart, has holes in it and is too small. If I need to buy a bigger one then I will. You can never have enough duffel bags, right? Lol
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

That is legitimately the last thing I needed to read today. I'm in a very tight spot with money as it is. FML...

http://i.imgur.com/fnoNjd3.gif
    My1Goal, vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Are you guys taking notes/highlighting as you read? So far everything seems important. These pages would be all neon yellow if I was highlighting lol.
    At the moment I'm just reading it and soaking in as much as possible. From what I've heard, they jump around the manual a lot. Highlighting at this point might confuse you. I think that the best we can do for ourselves is just familiarize ourselves with each topic, that way when it's taught by the instructor it's easier to understand.
    Army_Observer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Army_Observer View Post
    I read half of volume one and was highlighting everything, because it seems important. Then looked back and it looked like a mess. So I just started writing down stuff that seemed important, which I think is better. I started memorizing the material much more efficiently than highlighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    At the moment I'm just reading it and soaking in as much as possible. From what I've heard, they jump around the manual a lot. Highlighting at this point might confuse you. I think that the best we can do for ourselves is just familiarize ourselves with each topic, that way when it's taught by the instructor it's easier to understand.

OK cool. Glad I'm not the only one. I tried taking notes but it took me over an hour to cover 5 pages, no exaggeration. Then I looked back and noticed I was pretty much just re-typing the manual lol.

On another note, I just got my run letter via snail mail today.....my investigator easily took 3-4 years off of my life.
    River6019, NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    That's right. The last eligible certified is now 1346 which is the last list number for score 102. The 102 received their packet back in July/August so it makes sense for their paper work to already be cleared to enter the academy most likely in June. This will give them a one year wait from the time they received their packets to entering the academy. The only list numbers that will have been waiting 1 1/2 years from the time they received their packets are the 103s list number 620s -730s if they don't receive their run letter for this Jan.

They told us in CPAT orientation that the waiting time from the time you get a packet to where you get into the academy is 6months - 1year but it seems that a 1 1/2 year wait is possible if your are in the cusp. Plan accordingly boys.
    I think that number means the list number that have taken the cpat, because I know all the 102s took the cpat but not all of them took the medical and psych so their paper work won't be cleared yet for the academy, and the 102s didn't get their packet until sept
    Last edited by JDNY13; 01-13-2014 at 06:12 PM.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Hey guys, does anyone know where we could get a piece of rope to practice knots? Also, should we get a second pair of running shoes since we're running nearly everyday?

Forum Member

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Hey guys, does anyone know where we could get a piece of rope to practice knots? Also, should we get a second pair of running shoes since we're running nearly everyday?
    Go to Home Depot, buy some rope, 12-15ft should be enough to practice. Remember practice with gloves.....
    As far as the sneakers, don't get another pair. If you have another pair at home, bring them in just in case you get the other ones wet. Chances are you will not wear them out unless you buy a crappy pair.

Forum Member

Hey guys, so before the academy I've sorta put the weights down and have been focusing a lot on running and HIIT routines.

I wanted to pick your guys brain about a routine I've been doing. Skim through it or even try it and let me know how you find it. Are you guys doing stuff similar to this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZnsLVArIt8

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    OK cool. Glad I'm not the only one. I tried taking notes but it took me over an hour to cover 5 pages, no exaggeration. Then I looked back and noticed I was pretty much just re-typing the manual lol.

I st got my run letter via snail mail today.....my investigator easily took 3-4 years off of my life.
    what list # range are you? So you never got an email and today was ur first notice by snail mail?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    what list # range are you? So you never got an email and today was ur first notice by snail mail?
    I got an email the same day I called Peggy Quinn's office. I ran on the 9th.

Forum Member

Anyone used other sources other then what is on the NOE to prove residency? If the utility bill is under my fathers name could I use that?

Thread Information