Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Anyone running from long island or eastern queens want to carpool tomorrow i am in eastern queens.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Can someone give me the number to CID ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP24 View Post
    Can someone give me the number to CID ?
    (718) 999-2169/2179

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Still no run letter,,,,stting at 65x...I do know just below 650 they have gotten letters........contacted my investigator and no outstanding documents are needed,,,,,just said wait patiently........do they know I have been waiting patiently since 2007?

If anyone above me (65x) has gotten a letter please let me know,,,thx
    I'm kind of in the same boat. High 500's, haven't got the letter. Was told I didn't need anything, but have no further information on when I'd get the letter. Not sure how that makes any sense.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    I'm kind of in the same boat. High 500's, haven't got the letter. Was told I didn't need anything, but have no further information on when I'd get the letter. Not sure how that makes any sense.
    your in the 500s and haven't gotten a letter? Seems odd.. did your investigator tell you that you would get one?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    your in the 500s and haven't gotten a letter? Seems odd.. did your investigator tell you that you would get one?
    Didn't tell me anything. Got the standard response. But there seem to be people all over that didn't get a letter below 600 for unexplained reasons.

Forum Member

Didn't tell me anything. Got the standard response. But there seem to be people all over that didn't get a letter below 600 for unexplained reasons.
    that sucks dude, Im sure you'll get it, but it sucks that there making you sit here and wait... and not giving you a reason either. Why would they just not give it to you guys, doesn't make sense.

Forum Member

that sucks dude, Im sure you'll get it, but it sucks that there making you sit here and wait... and not giving you a reason either. Why would they just not give it to you guys, doesn't make sense.
    I appreciate it dude. I guess like most things it's a mind game. I'll just keep trying to get the info from them until the letter comes.

Forum Member

I appreciate it dude. I guess like most things it's a mind game. I'll just keep trying to get the info from them until the letter comes.
    Guys that are below 640 (or what ever the number is that we know run letters went out too) stay on top of them, the run in tomorrow. I would be calling asking for Peggy Quinn or down there trying to talk to her. If it takes to long then their gonna tell you its too late for this class- I've heard of stories of that happening to people.

Forum Member

How many miles do they start off running in the academy ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Instead of ditching the weights altogether, the instructors at CPAT training were telling us to focus a lot on compound movements to get the most out of it. Squats, Lunges, Deadlifts, Bentover Barbell Rows, Military Press, Bench Press just to name a few. I also have designated days for calisthenics only, like pull-ups and push-ups and dips etc. Also kettlebells are really good. I also run and do the stairs 4-5 days a week each. I feel like videos like the one you posted are for people who are just getting into working out or are trying to lose weight only. Beginner stuff. Idk, that's just me. If you like stuff like that, insanity actually looks more challenging to the point where it will actually help you for the academy. I'm just going by what the instructors and ff friends of mine have told me. Just passing it along.
    I kind of want to agree but I did the same workout a couple weeks back and its brutal. Definitely not something for beginners. I have been alternating between HIITS workouts and weight training while maintaining the same intensity. Worst comes to worst (and I know its too late now), use the workout manual. There's lot of benefiting techniques you can learn especially in the back regarding the Academy.

Forum Member

I heard what I heard, but since reading this forum I've seen some mixed things. It's more like I'm double checking . So instead of being an *******, put that concentration on helping someone out or maybe filling in a seat in a future class. Thanks pal.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP24 View Post
    How many miles do they start off running in the academy ?
    Starting is probably in the 2-3 mile range. Apparently with previous classes they did higher distances than they ever did with mine. Instead of getting up into the 7 mile range the PT instructors focused more on doing 4-5 at a faster pace. It's really hard to give specifics though because nobody has a watch on (except squad leaders).

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Starting is probably in the 2-3 mile range. Apparently with previous classes they did higher distances than they ever did with mine. Instead of getting up into the 7 mile range the PT instructors focused more on doing 4-5 at a faster pace. It's really hard to give specifics though because nobody has a watch on (except squad leaders).
    Ok great thanks for the answer man

Forum Member

is former military mandatory requirement to be a squad leader? I know nothing about what it's like to be a leader on a paramilitary level, but can't say I wouldn't be a little bit interested if the opportunity presented itself. can anyone clue us in on what it takes to be a squad leader or make valedictorian of an academy class?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    is former military mandatory requirement to be a squad leader? I know nothing about what it's like to be a leader on a paramilitary level, but can't say I wouldn't be a little bit interested if the opportunity presented itself. can anyone clue us in on what it takes to be a squad leader or make valedictorian of an academy class?
    The initial squad leaders are all going to be former military. That's just the way it is. If they are dissatisfied with the performance of a squad leader they will replace him/her with someone else from the squad. I don't know how they go about selecting replacements, but that'd be about the only way you could end up being one if you are not military.

I'm not sure if valedictorian is based off just academic performance or the combined score of academics, and # grades on FST and PT. For academics you need to be smart, study a lot, and be a good test taker.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    is former military mandatory
    requirement to be a squad leader? I
    know nothing about what it's like to be a leader on a paramilitary level, but can't say I wouldn't be a little bit interested if the opportunity presented itself. can anyone clue us in on what it takes to be a squad leader or make valedictorian of an academy class?
    Military folks are the ones considered for squad leader positions. If they couldn't get any military folks to accept the position...i would imagine they would start considering non-military folks for the position.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

have you contacted your investigator?
    I have. I did submit some documents this past Saturday. That must the reason.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM123 View Post
    I have. I did submit some documents this past Saturday. That must the reason.
    I hope you hear back soon. Good luck buddy. Make sure you let us know if you hear anything lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LordzofBrooklyn View Post
    I heard what I heard, but since reading this forum I've seen some mixed things. It's more like I'm double checking . So instead of being an *******, put that concentration on helping someone out or maybe filling in a seat in a future class. Thanks pal.
    Unfortunately this happens a lot on this form.. people get bashful when we're all here for the same goal and trying to be on the same team, makes no sense.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    your talking daily correct?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Unfortunately this happens a lot on this form.. people get bashful when we're all here for the same goal and trying to be on the same team, makes no sense.
    You use that word "bashful" I do not think it means what you think it means.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Praying_Patiently View Post
    your talking daily correct?
    Yes, daily, well for the first few weeks. Then you start FST for one of those days.

Forum Member

Does anyone have that height-weight chart they use for the medicals? Also, I heard a rumor they DQ you if you don't get down to the mandatory weight set for your height. Does anyone know if this is true or not?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Does anyone have that height-weight chart they use for the medicals? Also, I heard a rumor they DQ you if you don't get down to the mandatory weight set for your height. Does anyone know if this is true or not?
    I am 5'11 and couldn't be more than 215 or 216 I forget. From there +\- 5lbs for every inch in either direction

Thread Information