Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 719 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 219619669709716717718719720721722729769819 ... LastLast
Results 14,361 to 14,380 of 23328
Like Tree9123Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #14361
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Have any probies quit after they have made it through the academy and are at the fire house?


  2. #14362
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,039

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Have any probies quit after they have made it through the academy and are at the fire house?
    Why is this pertinent?
    coldblood92 likes this.

  3. #14363
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    816

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Still need it.

    I was working 3 jobs and going to college and I still needed a letter stating my parents supported me through college(possibly cuz I still used their address as my home address throughout college but I don't know for sure if that was why) as well as for my short period of unemployment.


    Orginal copy simply stated:
    I (father) supported (name) during (these dates) during his attendance to college as well as from (these dates) during his period of unemployment. Notarized signature from myself and my father and done. That's it.

    I have to admit I was surprised how many guys didn't show up in at least business casual. Shirt and tie clean shaved and the guys there noticed it.


    Hypothetically, how would taking loans out and living off of them be handled in your opinion? Get a notarized letter from the bank?

  4. #14364
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Are you being serious, if you had periods where you didn't work, you have to show them how you were supported? What are we getting clearance to join the FBI?

    If I choose not work for a set amount of time then that is my choice. Can the FDNY really just tell you they think your a slacker and your not hired? I thought you had to meet their requirements?

    If someone knows anyone that was not hired because of other reasons that not meeting their requirements then please let me know.

    Say I got out of college and never worked for 10 years because I just didn't want to work. It is none of their business that I did that nor how I was supported. Jeez. If anyone wants to argue differently then please give me of an example of someone who didn't get hired because of reasons like that?
    I remember for NYPD they wanted to know how you were supported if you didn't work because there is always the possibility that a candidate may have been making money "illegally" if you know what I mean.

  5. #14365
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SirEd View Post
    Are you being serious, if you had periods where you didn't work, you have to show them how you were supported? What are we getting clearance to join the FBI?

    If I choose not work for a set amount of time then that is my choice. Can the FDNY really just tell you they think your a slacker and your not hired? I thought you had to meet their requirements?

    If someone knows anyone that was not hired because of other reasons that not meeting their requirements then please let me know.

    Say I got out of college and never worked for 10 years because I just didn't want to work. It is none of their business that I did that nor how I was supported. Jeez. If anyone wants to argue differently then please give me of an example of someone who didn't get hired because of reasons like that?
    Mr. Ed

    It is my impression they just want to be thorough. The investigators have a set of guidelines to follow and information to obtain. They do not make those rules. Instead of getting angry at the process, just get it done. Remember, we are trying to become a member of their organization so we play by their rules.
    Personally, I'd give anything to get a chance at the "best job in the world," and I'm sure most people here feel the same way. So, taking 30 minutes out of the day to write a small statement and notarize it seems a bit ridiculous to get your panties it a bunch over. I hope you don't have that attitude going into the Pysch Test.

  6. #14366
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    29

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    Do you still need those support letters if you were in college and unemployed or do you strictly need them if you were unemployed at any time in your life(over the age of 18)? And do they want original signatures or can they be copies?
    You will need to write a statement, pretty much what "FDNYFFHopeful" wrote, if you were unemployed for anytime more than six months since you were 18 years old. Even if you were a fulltime student. My letter just stated I was supported by my saving, student loans, and with help from my parents. They just need to check the boxes.

    This info is just to give you a leg up, the investigator will explain it all to you in detail.

    Oh and you need it NOTARIZED, which means signing it in front of the notary and they put a seal on it. So yes, the original.

  7. #14367
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    156

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Why is this pertinent?
    We were talking about how many quit in the academy. Wanted to know if any quit after getting to a firehouse

  8. #14368
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,151

    Default

    Wait how many quit the academy for the second class?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  9. #14369
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Yea you don't need any crazy forms or anything for the proof. When I went through Ems that's exactly what I wrote and my investigator said that was perfect. I dunno if fire would want it any different but I can't imagine why.

    Don't go crazy writing some long winded thing.

  10. #14370
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    286

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Hypothetically, how would taking loans out and living off of them be handled in your opinion? Get a notarized letter from the bank?
    If you lived at home there's no need to even disclose it. Go with I was supported by my parents. I don't know but if you put the other stuff they may want some kind of proof of it which could be a pain just gathering. When she told me I needed it I said I supported myself I was working through college but somehow that wasn't good enough since I wasn't living in my own or whatever.

    Stupid.

  11. #14371
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    13

    Default

    From the sound of things it seems like a lot of us were at The Rock yesterday lol
    Score: 102
    List #: 9xx
    Investigation: 10/03/2013
    Physical: TBA
    Psychological: TBA
    Medical: TBA

  12. #14372
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by F_V_P View Post
    From the sound of things it seems like a lot of us were at The Rock yesterday lol

    We probably the few in business casual lol.
    River6019 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

  13. #14373
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    We probably the few in business casual lol.
    Yea I felt out of place being in business casual yesterday morning. I was surprised so many people were in sweatpants and t shirts.

  14. #14374
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    Has anyone who went through the first round of OC processing but didn't make it into the academy heard anything?

  15. #14375
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JoeNoVowel View Post
    Mr. Ed

    It is my impression they just want to be thorough. The investigators have a set of guidelines to follow and information to obtain. They do not make those rules. Instead of getting angry at the process, just get it done. Remember, we are trying to become a member of their organization so we play by their rules.
    Personally, I'd give anything to get a chance at the "best job in the world," and I'm sure most people here feel the same way. So, taking 30 minutes out of the day to write a small statement and notarize it seems a bit ridiculous to get your panties it a bunch over. I hope you don't have that attitude going into the Pysch Test.
    I see your point now. I thought you were doing this when it was not needed or even asked for. I thought it was a bit overboard.

    However, now that I see that it is a requirement by FDNY than it is not a big deal at all.

  16. #14376
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Has anyone who went through the first round of OC processing but didn't make it into the academy heard anything?
    Contacted my investigator, she told me the same thing she said in June: that I'm bing considered for the January class based on my list number. Obviously that didn't play out the way I thought it would. List number between 170 and 190.

  17. #14377
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I know this has probably been answered but does FD background ask for ticket dispositions?

  18. #14378
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    For anyone who got this cpat invite. First test will be nov 4-17, secod attempt 7 days later, last and final attempt nov 18-24.

    Fitness instructors at the rock seem to think anyone with list 600 or less have a good shot at January.
    Yeah they said anyone with a list # of 500 or less had a shot for July (2013). So I'm not holding my breath...again... We can only hope!

  19. #14379
    Forum Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    Has anyone who went through the first round of OC processing but didn't make it into the academy heard anything?
    I believe I just fixed the kink in my residency points. My investigator told me I was missing some paperwork. Mailed her 13 months of bank statements last week and emailed her. Haven't heard anything back yet. I will be calling her tomorrow morning to hopefully hear that everything is in order and that I'm good to go. Have your 3 references that you put down received anything in the mail? Also, have any of your prior work places received anything? I know someone around our list numbers who said his CURRENT work place got something in the mail.

  20. #14380
    Forum Member Spiderneck30's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    359

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    I know this has probably been answered but does FD background ask for ticket dispositions?
    What kind of ticket?

    If u mean ticket as in "summons" for a criminal act or violation, then they only require a disposition if it resulted in an actual conviction. If the case/ticket was dismissed, then you don't need the disposition.

    If u mean ticket as in motor vehicle "moving violation", then these, along with the results (conviction/dismissed), will be displayed on your driver abstract.

    Parking tickets? Non applicable. Even if you fought the parking ticket and lost, they dont care about those. ONLY criminal cases/tickets that resulted in a conviction. Thats he only disposition you need.

    (You need a disposition for any arrest, whether you were convicted or not)
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 09-22-2013 at 11:48 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 55 users browsing this thread. (11 members and 44 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. Bee1985,
  3. dem7191,
  4. grizzle,
  5. Matador611,
  6. MuscleHamster,
  7. nyckftbl,
  8. Prosc15,
  9. Smoove,
  10. vekdoggs75

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 127
    Last Post: 09-12-2013, 04:08 AM
  2. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  3. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  4. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-05-2005, 11:16 AM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts