Like Tree9858Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Question about the medical paperwork, under Tobacco use and Alcohol use should I mark off yes because I have a couple drinks at a Friday night dinner out ? And tobacco wise mention how I quit three years ago ? I know I'm looking too much into it but are they looking for any history of it or if I'm a current smoker with a drinking problem ?
    I mentioned alcohol, then it asks you how many drinks per week. I put 1-2.

As for the smoking, you've quit. No need to mention it in my opinion.

Forum Member

Guya for the cpat are we allowed to wear kneepads? I have patella tendonitis on my right knee and when i crawl on my knees it basically hurts my right knee right at the patellar tendon cus of the pressure.. Im asking because of the cpat search and rescue part...another question...do firefighter bunker pants have kneepads in them? And do u think we are allowed to wear kneepads for the academy?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Guya for the cpat are we allowed to wear kneepads? I have patella tendonitis on my right knee and when i crawl on my knees it basically hurts my right knee right at the patellar tendon cus of the pressure.. Im asking because of the cpat search and rescue part...another question...do firefighter bunker pants have kneepads in them? And do u think we are allowed to wear kneepads for the academy?
    Im pretty sure you can wear knee pads in the CPAT. As far as the academy, knee pads are highly recommended, you will definitely need them.

Forum Member

Sweat pants are mandatory for the CPAT. No one will see your knees....do as you feel
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Could have sworn that knee pads were a no no for the CPAT (at least the real test). They didn't check me when I took the CPAT. Try to do the search and rescue favoring the left leg in the tunnel. I had to do the same thing due to a fall during training.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

Wondering if someone can give me info about how to to defer before the academy for and injury ?

Forum Member

Sweat pants are mandatory for the CPAT. No one will see your knees....do as you feel
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Yo guys are great thanks for the replies the good news is that im an ems worker and on one of my jobs fdny was on scene so i asked one of the firefghters if the bunker gear had knee pads and he told me that they do have kneepads and they are very thick so u wont have any pain regardless if you have a pre existing knee condition or not...
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Had CPAT orientation past Thursday. Instructor specifically stated knee pads weren't allowed for the actual CPAT. However, they're allowed for CPAT training. With a medical note from a doctor a pass could be possible.

Forum Member

Its all good like one of the repliers said above ill just favor the left leg over the right one when doing the search and rescue training, im no gonna let no fuked up knee stop me at all...

Forum Member

Yo guys are great thanks for the replies the good news is that im an ems worker and on one of my jobs fdny was on scene so i asked one of the firefghters if the bunker gear had knee pads and he told me that they do have kneepads and they are very thick so u wont have any pain regardless if you have a pre existing knee condition or not...
    When you are on the job, you don't need them, but in the academy, you will definitely need them. Everything you do in the academy is on your knees. Buy them for the academy, you will thank yourself later.

Forum Member

What time was the run today?

Forum Member

Which knee pad style would be the best for the academy? The hard shell or other type?

Forum Member

For anyone who has taken the medical already. It says to bring proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, hep B, etc. I have immunity records for all those accept hep B. Do I need to get this done in the next week for the medical?
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Which knee pad style would be the best for the academy? The hard shell or other type?
    I bought the $15 ones from models that were in the basket. They worked perfect for me, not too big. Don't get the hard shell ones, they would just be too much. Soft ones are nice because when you are in a rush, which you will be, if you leave them on with your uniform, it won't be a big deal.

Forum Member

Has everyone under list # 630 been invited to the run?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Has everyone under list # 630 been invited to the run?
    Not yet, rumor has it is there is another run on the 22nd.

Forum Member

I think i might try the hard shell ones for extra protection...btw at the cpat orientation i was told by one of the instructors that out of everyone who did the run only one person failed...they also said as the list carries on the more and more people arent gonna take the job cus they either aged out or got different careers going on or moved out etc etc

Forum Member

someone put a pdf together of the entire probie manual right? can someone please link that if they know where it is. Thank you

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I bought the $15 ones from models that were in the basket. They worked perfect for me, not too big. Don't get the hard shell ones, they would just be too much. Soft ones are nice because when you are in a rush, which you will be, if you leave them on with your uniform, it won't be a big deal.
    Cool, thanks a lot

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    someone put a pdf together of the entire probie manual right? can someone please link that if they know where it is. Thank you
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/owd3tej1ro...Y%20MANUAL.pdf

Let me know if the link works. If not I will share it again when I get home from work.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

I think i might try the hard shell ones for extra protection...btw at the cpat orientation i was told by one of the instructors that out of everyone who did the run only one person failed...they also said as the list carries on the more and more people arent gonna take the job cus they either aged out or got different careers going on or moved out etc etc
    you cannot age out of the list. Your age is only a factor for the first day of filing for the exam. Doesn't matter how old you are when you actually get hired.

Forum Member

Passed the run today .....all you guys probably know this but dont wait till the last minute to work out and go on a diet. Work out hard at least 5 times a week and eat right. I was stressed out this past month because of my mistakes (diet and lack of exercise ) and I hope no one goes through that . good luck everyone

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    Not yet, rumor has it is there is another run on the 22nd.
    Anyone under list #630 who hasn't been scheduled for a run should call Peggy Quinn's office directly and ask to speak to her. Make sure your not being passed over for this class due to an incompetent investigator.

I don't have her direct number. 7189992169 and ask for her. It's civil service. They shouldn't keep candidates in the dark about where they stand
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 01-15-2014 at 01:36 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    Passed the run today .....all you guys probably know this but dont wait till the last minute to work out and go on a diet. Work out hard at least 5 times a week and eat right. I was stressed out this past month because of my mistakes (diet and lack of exercise ) and I hope no one goes through that . good luck everyone
    Well done nonetheless - you took some time off btw the medical and run letter huh?

Thread Information