Like Tree11270Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Spoke with my investigator today for some random questions I had. Apparently they are still rushing to process people for the class this month. So it seems like there will in fact be another run date before this class.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Well done nonetheless - you took some time off btw the medical and run letter huh?
    I think my medical was in August then I continued eating ****ty ...staying home a lot then partied hard in florida for a couple of weeks in december smh . now I really gotta work out hard every day and be on a diet .

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    Passed the run today .....all you guys probably know this but dont wait till the last minute to work out and go on a diet. Work out hard at least 5 times a week and eat right. I was stressed out this past month because of my mistakes (diet and lack of exercise ) and I hope no one goes through that . good luck everyone
    How out of shape are you ? I'm in the same boat as you .did you complete the run under 12 mins?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    I think my medical was in August then I continued eating ****ty ...staying home a lot then partied hard in florida for a couple of weeks in december smh . now I really gotta work out hard every day and be on a diet .
    It happens. The holidays are a b*tch for that kind of stuff.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    For anyone who has taken the medical already. It says to bring proof of immunity to measles, mumps, rubella, hep B, etc. I have immunity records for all those accept hep B. Do I need to get this done in the next week for the medical?
    If I had to guess I would assume they give you 30 days to get it done if you haven't already.
    River6019 likes this.

Forum Member

I'm so happy I double checked my card for CPAT training this morning because if not I would have been at the rock at 6 today. Don't know if anyone would have made the same mistake but CPAT training starts on Jan. 20th.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    you cannot age out of the list. Your age is only a factor for the first day of filing for the exam. Doesn't matter how old you are when you actually get hired.
    you can age out on the list...dcas will let anyone who pays to take the test take it. it is up to your investigator to verify age or extra point requirements. the same way people can claim points, but not actually use them unless they are verified by the department. i know this personally because i was allowed to take the test even though i was over age

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    you can age out on the list...dcas will let anyone who pays to take the test take it. it is up to your investigator to verify age or extra point requirements. the same way people can claim points, but not actually use them unless they are verified by the department. i know this personally because i was allowed to take the test even though i was over age
    It's also up to the individual to read and understand the NOE. I know it gets tricky with people using their military time to extend the age limit, but otherwise it seems pretty clear cut to me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    that wouldnt be aging out. That would be someone taking the exam even though they are ineligible due to being past the age limit.

If the first day to file for the fdny exam is jan1st and you turn 29 on jan 2nd then u can apply. Doesn't matter if u dont get hired until ur 36
    kremecheze likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP24 View Post
    How out of shape are you ? I'm in the same boat as you .did you complete the run under 12 mins?
    I think i did it in 10:50 but not 100 % sure because they were calling out times and i wasnt focused.my problem is i have a lot of belly fat right now im like 185 and 5"11 a lot is fat though.i need to lose like 10-15 pounds of fat because i was really winded even in my jog to the run and afterwards I was dying.the only thing that helped me was the adrenaline and running -keeping up with the in shape dudes in front of me and I have a little bit of soccer history.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

congrats on those who passed the run today. job well done! any word on there being three classes this year? i know that floated around a while back and we all took it seriously and now seems like the feeling is they are going to go with two classes this year.

anyhow, congrats all around. good luck in the academy
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/owd3tej1ro...Y%20MANUAL.pdf

Let me know if the link works. If not I will share it again when I get home from work.
    thanx! WTF THO 1169 pages for real? did anyone print this out? if so where and how much did it cost

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    thanx! WTF THO 1169 pages for real? did anyone print this out? if so where and how much did it cost
    There's no point in printing out that many pages, just read it digitally and the academy will give you a hard copy when it comes time.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I used my college's $100 printing card to print out black and white on front and back pages. About time I get my money's worth on reading material that I will teach me things that I am actually going to apply in real life. So long biology slides!
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Princess Bride LOL
    First person with the username Dread Pirate Roberts, I'm quitting this forum.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Which knee pad style would be the best for the academy? The hard shell or other type?
    When participating in Jiu Jitsu, my professor recommended these awesome knee pads from McDavid called "Hex Pads". I rolled with these and they were the most comfortable pads I've ever worn that took a lot of impact. A buddy I roll with uses those pads when he plays hockey. He says they fit great under his gear and are very comfortable. I don't know if that helps but they're 25 bucks for one pair.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    When participating in Jiu Jitsu, my professor recommended these awesome knee pads from McDavid called "Hex Pads". I rolled with these and they were the most comfortable pads I've ever worn that took a lot of impact. A buddy I roll with uses those pads when he plays hockey. He says they fit great under his gear and are very comfortable. I don't know if that helps but they're 25 bucks for one pair.
    Def helps, thank you! I'm gonna get me a pair

Forum Member

just an update for my status... list 60# did not get a run letter after days of trying to contact someone i found out what the issue was. there was a hickup in my veterans paperwork. basically they needed an updated version of my dd214 which i will be unable to get in time for this class. kinda bummed since i submitted all this stuff back in may, and it would have been nice to get a heads up sooner than the last minute. but good thing is when i get back from active duty in oct i should be on the top of the list
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Anyone else in the last batch of psychs and medicals not receive anything ? I have a friend in the 900's that hadn't received either yet. He called his investigator but that was like talking to a wall he said.

Forum Member

Not yet. Probably my fault with me. Handed documents in late.
    Exam 2000
    Score 104
    List 31x

Forum Member

I like this rumor, lol.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I hope so.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 31x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Has everyone under list # 630 been invited to the run?
    Not yet. Probably my fault with me. Handed in some documents late.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    Not yet, rumor has it is there is another run on the 22nd.
    I like this rumor, lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Spoke with my investigator today for some random questions I had. Apparently they are still rushing to process people for the class this month. So it seems like there will in fact be another run date before this class.
    Awesome, if it pans out.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Thread Information