Like Tree11331Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Passed the run today, they are definitely doing another run, 3 people failed, 7 didn't show. Overheard the di's talking about having to do another run

Forum Member

It seems that people who didn't get a letter for the run had some sort of issue with their paperwork. I've still continued to be told that my paperwork is being reviewed. Haven't been told once that I need to supply anything so I'm optimistic I'll be good for the 22nd. I hope...........
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

There will 100 % be another run I don't know the date yet

Forum Member

There will be a run on the 22nd. I just spoke to a friend whos 65x and was supposed to run today. He was never informed about the run except for the phone call he received after todays run asking him why he didnt show. He will be running 22nd with im sure a few other people who were mixed up with paperwork issues.

Hope this helps people who are on the fence

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    It seems that people who didn't get a letter for the run had some sort of issue with their paperwork. I've still continued to be told that my paperwork is being reviewed. Haven't been told once that I need to supply anything so I'm optimistic I'll be good for the 22nd. I hope...........
    Same with me Everytime I tried to check to make sure everything is good I got told it's being reviewed and if they need anything they'll call me, so far no call so I hope I'm good and they don't spring something on me at the last second
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

It's gonna be crazy for the people that have to run on the 22nd and then have to squeeze in an admin date and gear pick up.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    It's gonna be crazy for the people that have to run on the 22nd and then have to squeeze in an admin date and gear pick up.
    I was thinking the same thing, but I'm sure they won't mind, I know I wouldn't
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

They can call me a week after the academy starts I wouldn't mind ... I copy your notes to help me catch up
    NycQ83 and dawk34 like this.

Forum Member

AND come up with 30 Q's of their own from the manuals lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    thanx! WTF THO 1169 pages for real? did anyone print this out? if so where and how much did it cost
    Yeah I did. I used www.bestvaluecopy.com

I can't read it from a screen.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

On the medical disclosure sheet, is anything on there that's an automatic DQ, specifically on the mental health side of things ? After high school I spoke to someone for a couple of years and I took zoloft for a few of months. I don't want to lose out on my dream job because I recognized I was unhappy and wanted to do something about it 11 years ago.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by IDontKnow28 View Post
    I'll hope with you.
    Score: 104
    List: 31x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Yeah I did. I used www.bestvaluecopy.com

I can't read it from a screen.
    What it cost you like 30 bucks? thats not that bad

Forum Member

Question for you guys who have recently went through the academy, on orientation day will we be able to set up direct deposit for our pay checks?

Forum Member

What it cost you like 30 bucks? thats not that bad
    It depends what options you pick. I choose double sided pages with 3 hole punch. It came out to around $50. I think that's a decent price for that any pages.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    On the medical disclosure sheet, is anything on there that's an automatic DQ, specifically on the mental health side of things ? After high school I spoke to someone for a couple of years and I took zoloft for a few of months. I don't want to lose out on my dream job because I recognized I was unhappy and wanted to do something about it 11 years ago.

Pm me tom......

Forum Member

Sooo i'm SICK right now. I forgot to call to confirm the appointment for my intake interview. I'm going to go anyway in the morning and call while i'm in there. Idk what else to do.
    FDNY Exam # 2000
    List # 140X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    It depends what options you pick. I choose double sided pages with 3 hole punch. It came out to around $50. I think that's a decent price for that any pages.
    Oh wow that's great ... Thanks for looking out

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    just an update for my status... list 60# did not get a run letter after days of trying to contact someone i found out what the issue was. there was a hickup in my veterans paperwork. basically they needed an updated version of my dd214 which i will be unable to get in time for this class. kinda bummed since i submitted all this stuff back in may, and it would have been nice to get a heads up sooner than the last minute. but good thing is when i get back from active duty in oct i should be on the top of the list
    WOW dude! Thats insane...sorry to hear that man..ill tell you boy I have not even received a packet yet and I am already in fear of getting screwed by the lack of precision and accuracy of these investigators!!! Its a real shame.
    EXAM - 2000
    SCORE - 100
    LIST - 235X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    AND come up with 30 Q's of their own from the manuals lol
    That is going to suck. Anyone who is paying attention to this forum and believe they might be in this run group: the manual is online. PM me for the details of the assignment and I'll try to relay it as best to my knowledge.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    congrats on those who passed the run today. job well done! any word on there being three classes this year? i know that floated around a while back and we all took it seriously and now seems like the feeling is they are going to go with two classes this year.

anyhow, congrats all around. good luck in the academy
    Thats what I've been trying to find out also. I heard from a guy that an instructor told him (in mid December or so) that there will be 3 classes. Someone else here said The Chief (the newspaper) said there wasn't going ot be 3 classes. I looked and couldn't find anything in the Chief over the past few months saying that... Anybody have any new info or input on this?

Forum Member

assuming you were training 5-6times week for 6 months or more it should be a 1:1 ratio on getting your endurance back...I think after two weeks off you lose like 8-12% VO2 max and after 6 weeks its like 25% maybe little more i cant remember exact numbers atm...

But if you have been out for 6-8 weeks expect it to take you 6-8 weeks to get back to where you were. On top of that dont over do it...Plan it out so that you have a linear curve back to what you were doing...STAY SAFE BRO!
    Thanks for the response. I actually decided to take the rest of the week off just to allow my body time to fully recover from everything. Went back last night to hit the stairs and start again and I was much better off. I scaled it back obviously from where I was before I got sick but was still able to finish 5 min with 80lbs and an additional 5 1/2 min with 45 lbs and still had enough in the tank to get in 5 wind sprints on the stairs at level 20 for 45sec. I know I'm not where I need to be but I'm confident I'll be back to full strength in 6 weeks like you said.
    Gonna incorporate that run schedule you put as well to help with that.

How many days do you normally run per week and how many for the stairs? Thanks for the info again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    That is going to suck. Anyone who is paying attention to this forum and believe they might be in this run group: the manual is online. PM me for the details of the assignment and I'll try to relay it as best to my knowledge.
    I'm embarrassed to ask, but how do I turn on my pm? Cause I'd like to get the outline of the assignment and get it done ASAP.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    Pm me tom......
    I sent you a PM
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Thanks for the response. I actually decided to take the rest of the week off just to allow my body time to fully recover from everything. Went back last night to hit the stairs and start again and I was much better off. I scaled it back obviously from where I was before I got sick but was still able to finish 5 min with 80lbs and an additional 5 1/2 min with 45 lbs and still had enough in the tank to get in 5 wind sprints on the stairs at level 20 for 45sec. I know I'm not where I need to be but I'm confident I'll be back to full strength in 6 weeks like you said.
    Gonna incorporate that run schedule you put as well to help with that.

How many days do you normally run per week and how many for the stairs? Thanks for the info again.
    That run schedule was 6 days a week...Alternating an easy day with interval day. I would do stairs 3 days week(on interval days).

Currently i run distance 5 days a week do insanity 3 days a week and stairs just once a week for maintenance.

In a few weeks i will be doing intervals on my own 3 days a week. Be running with a high school track team my dad is the asst coach at twice a week. Still doing insanity 3 times a week and stairs once a week.

P.S. Once you can complete the last workout i posted if youd like pm me and ill give you more workouts.

Thread Information