Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 723 of 1207 FirstFirst ... 223623673713720721722723724725726733773823 ... LastLast
Results 14,441 to 14,460 of 24131
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    That makes sense being the the Lt. said the next class after this January one, will be "starting in the spring- late May or early June." If that's the case then that means they are trying rush a class in immediately after the January one because the January class would be ending in mid to late May.
    So if the next class starts mid to late may we can assume the following class is October/november?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    So if the next class starts mid to late may we can assume the following class is October/november?
    Probably more likely to be in November rather then October. You gotta think that they need some time in between classes, but It's definitely possible. I think they just may be cutting back on the amount of time in between classes. I mean think about it, there was like a month and a half in between the first end of the January 2013 class and the June 2013 class. If you cut that down then it's very possible that they will start start the next class in early January of 2014, have it end in mid May and start the next class in early June. Just my opinion though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Well I've been through the whole investigation process already. I've done every step in the hiring process minus the 1.5 mile run. I'm just making sure zero paperwork goes missing, as its happened in the past and can easily happen to any candidate who's not on top of their investigator.
    Mine sent out the reference letters yesterday

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Probably more likely to be in November rather then October. You gotta think that they need some time in between classes, but It's definitely possible. I think they just may be cutting back on the amount of time in between classes. I mean think about it, there was like a month and a half in between the first end of the January 2013 class and the June 2013 class. If you cut that down then it's very possible that they will start start the next class in early January of 2014, have it end in mid May and start the next class in early June. Just my opinion though.
    I figured the time in between the last classes was just to finish processing candidates. I can't imagine the instructors needing "time off" when they are firefighters that opted for the work at the academy. I assume They work Monday thru Friday.

Forum Member

i wonder when they will start sending out run letters, im in the upper 500's and finished the process last week. the more notice they better for me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    i wonder when they will start sending out run letters, im in the upper 500's and finished the process last week. the more notice they better for me
    I was always under the impression the run letters come a few weeks in advance of the class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Mine sent out the reference letters yesterday
    Great. My investigator emailed me and told me that they had recieved my last bit of paperwork in the mail. So I responded with an email asking "So am I 100% good to go? Anything else you need from me?" (obviously written a little more professionally). Your investigator told you that they sent them out? Like everyone's? or specifically just yours?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by kremecheze View Post
    The run is done within 2 or so weeks of the academy start date.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    I figured the time in between the last classes was just to finish processing candidates. I can't imagine the instructors needing "time off" when they are firefighters that opted for the work at the academy. I assume They work Monday thru Friday.
    Ah. I hate to squash this but my cousin is a D.I and while yes they as you say "opt" for duty it is not something they ask of everyone. They prefer the D.I's to have a military background and its an honor to be selected. That being said it is not simply a Monday through Friday endeavor. They are there before the probies and stay till they are all gone. They come in on Saturdays to help with additional skills training and yes they also have wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends and or kids. Three classes a year is a lot to demand of them. If asked they will of course step up to the plate because they are professionals but to make an assumption is at the very least presumptuous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Ah. I hate to squash this but my cousin is a D.I and while yes they as you say "opt" for duty it is not something they ask of everyone. They prefer the D.I's to have a military background and its an honor to be selected. That being said it is not simply a Monday through Friday endeavor. They are there before the probies and stay till they are all gone. They come in on Saturdays to help with additional skills training and yes they also have wives, husbands, girlfriends, boyfriends and or kids. Three classes a year is a lot to demand of them. If asked they will of course step up to the plate because they are professionals but to make an assumption is at the very least presumptuous.
    There's nothing to squash like i said it was a assumption.

Forum Member

Great. My investigator emailed me and told me that they had recieved my last bit of paperwork in the mail. So I responded with an email asking "So am I 100% good to go? Anything else you need from me?" (obviously written a little more professionally). Your investigator told you that they sent them out? Like everyone's? or specifically just yours?
    Well mine specifically every investigator is different and will do things on their own time but my neighbor I listed for a reference received his form to fill out on Saturday.

Forum Member

It sounds to me that you and I might have the same investigator. Everybody else keep talking about their investigator like they're their next door neighbor or something. Mine:its like a ghost in the wind. Good luck though. I hope he/she responds.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

I have my intake interview tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone knows why the parking is like down at metrotech. Any info is much appreciated.

Forum Member

By the way, I was wondering if anyone else gets a weird feeling in their sternum after using the weighted vest for an extended period. I know it's not a heart issue (I go to a cardiologist annually). I'm at about 50lbs. for 10 minutes now. It's not really a pain but more so a feeling that my sternum needs to be cracked haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    I have my intake interview tomorrow, just wanted to know if anyone knows why the parking is like down at metrotech. Any info is much appreciated.
    There are a tons of lots, and parking garages there to park in. Just bring money with you, cause it's probably not gonna be cheap. It's worth it, cause I pull up, they take my car, and I'm done with it. No worries about tow, or tickets. I'd say it'll cost between $20-30, maybe a little more. One time, I found a lot for $18, but the next time I came it was $25.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    By the way, I was wondering if anyone else gets a weird feeling in their sternum after using the weighted vest for an extended period. I know it's not a heart issue (I go to a cardiologist annually). I'm at about 50lbs. for 10 minutes now. It's not really a pain but more so a feeling that my sternum needs to be cracked haha.
    Every once and a while I get, it almost feels like in having trouble breathing but yet I'm breathing fine lol.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    There are a tons of lots, and parking garages there to park in. Just bring money with you, cause it's probably not gonna be cheap. It's worth it, cause I pull up, they take my car, and I'm done with it. No worries about tow, or tickets. I'd say it'll cost between $20-30, maybe a little more. One time, I found a lot for $18, but the next time I came it was $25.
    Yeah I'd be better off paying the extra rather than worrying about getting a ticket. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Every once and a while I get, it almost feels like in having trouble breathing but yet I'm breathing fine lol.
    Yea it almost feels like a black and blue or a stiff neck haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Can't say that I have.. But It could be from your diaphragm and other muscles working harder to expand due to the extra weight... Or the weight sort of bearing down on your shoulders..

Forum Member

To anyone who has already went to the CPAT prep, is it an actual workout that's being done or just going through the motions? I'm debating whether I should workout in the morning as per my normal routine

Thread Information