Like Tree11287Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    Which were the chapters we were told we could skip reading in the proby manual prior to the start of the academy?
    I didn't pick up on any chapters that they said we could skip. I feel that they would want us to read the whole thing 10 times before we started if we could. Maybe they did say it and I just missed it, but I, at the very least, would recommend reading those first 6 cycles and then go back and re-read cycles 1&2 because those are what the first quiz covers and they couldn't stress anymore the importance of getting out of the gate strong with the academics.

Forum Member

Yea I'm 100% positive they said we can skip the building chapters but I totally agree with everything you said.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    This is DCAS CPAT orientation at LIC which is different from the CPAT information session at the rock right ?

YES this is the one given by dcas
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeybatts View Post
    for the guys that already handed in their paperwork, what kind of social security earning statement do you need?

1. Itemized statement of earnings $102
    (includes the names and addresses of employers)

2. Certified yearly totals of earnings $32
    (does not include the names and addresses of employers)

3. There's also a free digital version:
    Yearly earnings totals are free to the public if you do not require certification. To obtain free yearly totals of earnings, visit our website at www.ssa.gov/myaccount.
    the detailed earnings statement for 102$ it used to be 5$ a year. They just raised it a few weeks ago.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    Mohawk was singled out by the DI's on Wednesday for his dome and stillshowed up today for orientation
    looking like an idiot. For all of you
    guys that are running on the 22nd,
    and for those that are going to be in future classes, when you have any
    interactions with anyone that
    outranks you (the stray cats roaming
    Randall's Island outrank you), FIX
    IT!!! Some people have said to try to
    remain anonymous--I don't want to
    remain anonymous; however, I want
    to stand out for the right reasons.
    Don't be like that guy. If a DI says
    something along the lines of, "wow!
    That haircut looks awesome," it
    translates quite literally to, "wow,
    your haircut wants me to kill myself."
    There are 18 weeks to screw
    something up while in PFS. Everyone
    will mess something up somewhere
    along the line and be called out for it.
    If you start things off on the correct
    foot then things can be much easier
    forgiven. Trust me when I tell you
    that the DI's can't wait for Mohawk toscrew something up.
    There is always at least "one"...or two, but it boggles my mind how many guys apparently can't follow simple instructions and orders. It was REALLY simple...show up early, hair cut short, frshly shaven face, business attire, 1proof of residency, and a $9 money order. This was the EASIEST day...some folks have NO clue what they are getting into (smh). I got smoked because someone with "pretty hair and gel" was getting taught a lesson, and couldn't carry their own weight lol! But...freaking "Mohawk"...I don't even know what to say about this guy. He and (unfortunately) his squad are going to have lots of fun!

Forum Member

I'm one of the Squad Leaders and when everyone was running out to fill the squads I just stood there thinking to myself, "please don't let Mohawk wind up in my squad!"
    Fd2000ny likes this.

Forum Member

I'm one of the Squad Leaders and when everyone was running out to fill the squads I just stood there thinking to myself, "please don't let Mohawk wind up in my squad!"
    Lol haha I was hoping I wouldn't end up wherever he was at. Happy the Fire Gods listened

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    This right here is not good advise. Go to DCAS and get a first hand look at what it is like. There are lines painted on the floor that you must follow. They are different colors and numbered for different evolutions. If you follow the wrong one, you waste time, or they may even fail you, I can't remember. JUST GO TO ONE!
    The test is not that difficult.

Forum Member

Now don't get me wrong, I hope nothing but the best for him, but why in the world would you bring negative attention to yourself intentionally?!? Now wherever he goes he's under the spotlight and he puts those around him under the same light. That's not a good thing at an academy.
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    The test is not that difficult.
    no its not, I agree with FFwnt2b, why not take advantage of every opportunity they give you?

It can only help.

Forum Member

Is there a pace runner for the 1.5?

Forum Member

Now don't get me wrong, I hope nothing but the best for him, but why in the world would you bring negative attention to yourself intentionally?!? Now wherever he goes he's under the spotlight and he puts those around him under the same light. That's not a good thing at an academy.
    Hey Goranimal, can you turn on your PM...wanted to ask you question.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP24 View Post
    Is there a pace runner for the 1.5?
    YES there is
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Gentlemen! Whose the better mentor Lieut. Paul Olsen or James Kelly?

Forum Member

Did they go threw the OC list from 1-600 to get this jan class or is it from say 200 to 600ish

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mo2012 View Post
    Did they go threw the OC list from 1-600 to get this jan class or is it from say 200 to 600ish
    The got up to about 700. The first class got up to about 120 on the OC list. I'm assuming the majority of the class is made up of 120-700, but there were people under 120 who probably deferred or got skipped over so some under 120 are most likely in this class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ready2go View Post
    Which were the chapters we were told we could skip reading in the proby manual prior to the start of the academy?
    I'm pretty sure that the drill instructor said that about the BISP workbook.

Forum Member

For anyone that was curious, I finally got that under armour bag. I like it a lot. I think it will be perfect to carry a few books, food, clothes, shoes, etc in. Seems really durable and high quality. Anyways..

A side not for those just starting the process now.. Don't let anyone tell you that anything being offered is a waste of time! DCAS is offering a walk through in the actual course you will take the real test. Go to one. Go see the place. See what the ride is gonna be like. See parking, etc. I went to private CPAT training bc there was a place with a course set up by my house. Everyone told me it was a waste of money, but you know what? I learned more techniques there one on one with the retired firefighter that ran the course than I did at the Rock bc those poor instructors that have to deal with 40+ plus guys with mixed priorities and don't know who is serious and who isn't. Not much time for one on one. FDNY is offering 6 weeks of CPAT training for free. GO TO EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! ITS FREE!!! I remember the first week I went, there was 6 full rows of guys. By the end, there was maybe a row and a half of guys coming. When you see the same faces every week, that's how you find out who is serious and who isn't. Make friends with the serious people. Get phone numbers. They are the people you want to surround yourself with as you go through the process together and keep each other informed. This isn't high school. If you want it, stop effing around and take initiative bc in no way, shape, or form are they forcing you to go. You have to want to go. That's my rant for the day.
    NycQ83, Jackooze, Gheech and 2 others like this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by USMC2024 View Post
    Hey Goranimal, can you turn on your PM...wanted to ask you question.
    PM is on now

Forum Member

as per this conversation whether or not you should go to the DCAS orientation. In my opinion you should. If for no other reason then to get familiar with the area and the exact layout. It cant hurt. Do I think it was necessary for me? NO i dont. But if you care about this process and this job as much as I hope we all do; you wont be skipping anything without a really good reason.

And is the CPAT easy? Yes, if you train for it. But the guy that went before me was strapped to a wheel char getting O2. And i was told that at least a few people everyday need to either be seen by EMTs or pass the **** out. lol.

Forum Member

Hey guys I just received my DCAS CPAT letter. It only mentions two orientation dates, do we get a second letter with the actual test dates or is it if you pass one of the orientations you pass?

Thanks

Forum Member

PM is on now
    I hope you didn't turn it back off. I'm looking for a pff who might be in your squad.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    For anyone that was curious, I finally got that under armour bag. I like it a lot. I think it will be perfect to carry a few books, food, clothes, shoes, etc in. Seems really durable and high quality. Anyways..

A side not for those just starting the process now.. Don't let anyone tell you that anything being offered is a waste of time! DCAS is offering a walk through in the actual course you will take the real test. Go to one. Go see the place. See what the ride is gonna be like. See parking, etc. I went to private CPAT training bc there was a place with a course set up by my house. Everyone told me it was a waste of money, but you know what? I learned more techniques there one on one with the retired firefighter that ran the course than I did at the Rock bc those poor instructors that have to deal with 40+ plus guys with mixed priorities and don't know who is serious and who isn't. Not much time for one on one. FDNY is offering 6 weeks of CPAT training for free. GO TO EVERY SINGLE ONE!!! ITS FREE!!! I remember the first week I went, there was 6 full rows of guys. By the end, there was maybe a row and a half of guys coming. When you see the same faces every week, that's how you find out who is serious and who isn't. Make friends with the serious people. Get phone numbers. They are the people you want to surround yourself with as you go through the process together and keep each other informed. This isn't high school. If you want it, stop effing around and take initiative bc in no way, shape, or form are they forcing you to go. You have to want to go. That's my rant for the day.
    You should have held up on the duffel. Don't go out buying duffel bags yet until you actually pass the run. There's a reason I'm saying this, guys in this class know what I'm saying

Forum Member

OK, PM is really on now!

Forum Member

Hey guys just a quick question. Do we need to have any documents notarized for the initial interview? I know for the 6019 packet we had to notarize the personal form but I didn't see anything for the 2000 paper workout. I want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

Thanks again to everyone who posts here and keeps the forum very useful.

Thread Information