Like Tree9617Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Quote Originally Posted by jcasler View Post
    how would you not have an answer key? lol... did they just make the questions up without recording what the answers are? haha
    Exactly.......extension on the creation of the exam and all and still no answer key. Shame shame smh......

Forum Member

In my mind, the fact that there is no answer key yet is one of my last concerns at the moment. I would actually almost expect this because of the review period.

From a general and PR perspective, I think it would be much more difficult and controversial to change a set answer key in order to allow questions submitted during the review, rather than a "measure twice and cut once" mentality and make one final answer key taking into account the reviews that are submitted.

Im guessing that they know what they want the answers to be, but are waiting until after the review period to "finalize" an answer key.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lfrang View Post
    http://www.miamidade.gov/mdfr/emergency_stations.asp

check it out I work for the 5th largest dept. in the us. 73 stations we have 2 of the busiest units in the USA. Second The fire curriculum is taught at a national standard. I obtain a national fire certification. Like i said the fundamentals are fundamentals. Protocols are different than fundamentals. What they taught you in the academy isnt sufficent. Thats why they send you to protocol training to "mold you there way" all the BS is cut out. You need to walk before you run. And the national fire cert would be walk and the protocol training would be the run. Figuratively speaking. Get your facts straight boys. shame shame shame

check out the two busiest ariel and rescue units
    http://www.station19.net/vintage.html
    http://firehouse2.net/
    wow thats so awesome. You should stay, youd be bored here.
    To Persist is to Conquer.

Forum Member

I believe I made a comment about this before. Call me a conspiracy theorist, but the fact that there is no answer key, and the judge has to approve it after he sees the results first is really suspect.

Forum Member

klklklklkjkjjk
    Last edited by ihatemedicaid; 04-10-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Forum Member

You realize that people are still testing right fella?^^^^^

Go ahead and edit that out, would ya?

Forum Member

hjkhjkhjkhk
    Last edited by ihatemedicaid; 04-10-2012 at 10:12 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ihatemedicaid View Post
    people have been testing since march...you think people arent asking each other what is on the test?
    What does that have to do with posting info from the exam on a public forum?

what are you smoking?
    You, in the area of rational thinking apparently...
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 04-10-2012 at 03:06 AM.

Forum Member

people have been testing since march...you think people arent asking each other what is on the test? what are you smoking?
    Seriously, man. Please delete that comment for all of our sake. The last thing we need is to get this test thrown out because of charges of sharing information about the exam. Let other people do what they want to in their own free time (and in private).

Forum Member

Medicaid, you do realize that if someone reports this to the proper authorities you could even face jail time. I don't like the idea that there is no set in answer key anymore than you do. All they have to do is find you with your ip address and then your gonna get hit with charges. Also on top of everything your score will get nullified. It's not worth it at all posting something like that. Just wait until testing is over and then voice out your opinion.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=ihatemedicaid;1324769]I said something stupid.[QUOTE]

I don't know if you read the NOE or not, but just doing this has left you open to being prosecuted and worse you're scores nullified. Wait till April 20th.

people have been testing since march...you think people arent asking each other what is on the test? what are you smoking?
    Most of us are playing by the rules for three reasons, 1) so others do not have an advantage, and more importantly so we can get on the job 2) this is a public forum and trust me when I say the FDNY wants the best of the bravest (best of the best means EMS), your CI (Investigators) job is to see where you came from and see if you kept your value and moral system similar and current throughout, if you post this on a public forum you're not doing that 3) because all of us are in the same boat, not on the job, and as such our actions on this forum can and will reflect that of our actions in real life You came across as somebody that feels his hose has more than 20 lenghts and in actuality, made you look to both the FDNY members here as well as your possible fellow probies, as a complete and utter jerk.

So as someone that doesn't know you, what you do in your private domain is your own, but on these forums is fair game. Take it off before they (DCAS and the FDNY) take you off their list as hireable.
    Last edited by DJ_Reverse; 04-10-2012 at 10:36 AM.

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    I don't know if you read the NOE or not, but just doing this has left you open to being prosecuted and worse you're scores nullified. Wait till April 20th.

Most of us are playing by the rules for three reasons, 1) so others do not have an advantage, and more importantly so we can get on the job 2) this is a public forum and trust me when I say the FDNY wants the best of the bravest (best of the best means EMS), your CI (Investigators) job is to see where you came from and see if you kept your value and moral system similar and current throughout, if you post this on a public forum you're not doing that 3) because all of us are in the same boat, not on the job, and as such our actions on this forum can and will reflect that of our actions in real life You came across as somebody that feels his hose has more than 20 lenghts and in actuality, made you look to both the FDNY members here as well as your possible fellow probies, as a complete and utter jerk.

So as someone that doesn't know you, what you do in your private domain is your own, but on these forums is fair game. Take it off before they (DCAS and the FDNY) take you off their list as hireable.
    Just a heads up. Delete your post only because it has the deleted material from ihatemedicaid in your quote.

Forum Member

Already done, thanks Zach for the backup.

Forum Member

Default No extra points any chance ?

I was wondering if anyone knows someone that made it into the FDNY with no extra points added to their score ? (residency, vet,legacy)

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Reverse View Post
    Already done, thanks Zach for the backup.
    No problem.

Forum Member

yes mo, people have but if u do not get over 97 u have almost no shot

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys not trying to solicite any answers or anything like that just wondering if anyone might be able to let some light in on the length of the videos. It might have been posted somewhere here but I aouldnt find it.

Thanks MWR

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTRECRUIT View Post
    Hey guys not trying to solicite any answers or anything like that just wondering if anyone might be able to let some light in on the length of the videos. It might have been posted somewhere here but I aouldnt find it.

Thanks MWR
    No offense but you will find that out on your own as it should be. No one here were told what anything was on the exam. It's only fair that you go in blind like everyone here.

MembersZone Subscriber

fair enough.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    No offense but you will find that out on your own as it should be. No one here were told what anything was on the exam. It's only fair that you go in blind like everyone here.
    "as it should be"....

What do you mean personality section? Like was that the main focus on your exam?

Would you say that the Don McNea helped in preparing for this exam or did it over prepare you? Or should I be looking for something else to better prepare me for this exam?

Quote Originally Posted by enwhycee1 View Post
    Sorry for not replying to more of your question about the exam from your pm's, but I think you will feel better about yourself if you just go into it fresh, like the rest of us...study hard and you will know you did the best you can do.
    talking about you.

Please, get off your high horse lecturing this guy.

No one should be giving out info from the exam, but you telling other people that is the epitome of hypocrisy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    "as it should be"....

talking about you.

Please, get off your high horse lecturing this guy.

No one should be giving out info from the exam, but you telling other people that is the epitome of hypocrisy.
    Yea your right, just like him many people were curious to know something from the exam. But also people gave me the same response as I just gave him. I took the exam and I see why people told me what they told me so I learned.

Forum Member

I never had beef with scav but you were on here and FDNY Rant looking for any advantage you could get and now you're going at people doing the same.

http://theechochamberblog.files.word...pg?w=468&h=358

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I never had beef with scav but you were on here and FDNY Rant looking for any advantage you could get and now you're going at people doing the same.

http://theechochamberblog.files.word...pg?w=468&h=358
    Lol now that's funny Tom. But that's my point even if people gave me advice it wouldn't help me because after taking this exam, I feel it's something you cant really prepare for. Man and on top of that I was really nervous and I guess that's why I asked for the advice. But I never asked anyone what the exact questions were on the exam if that's what some are thinking.

Guys just take the test, it's not as bad as anyone would think. There are some questions (that are annoying in my opinion) That will leave you scratching your head for a moment and ask yourself what does this have to to with anything but that's about it.

Forum Member

Skav, the only advice I can give you from my perspective is just wait and watch. Don't say anything and see what happens.

Forum Member

I can't wait for the testing period to end so we can finally discuss this exam lol.

Thread Information