Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 73 of 1023 FirstFirst ... 23637071727374757683123173573 ... LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,460 of 20448
Like Tree7763Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    You know what, I'm really starting to think this is goIng to be a lottery based hiring process. If that's so how would number be established?
    wow.....this is going to start about 3 pages of nonsense back and forth. get ready for a $#*%storm....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I think it all depends on how the grades break down. When I was I looking up information on the personality based questions I found a link that basically said when companies give those personality questions they break the applicants into 3 groups. They have green, yellow, and red. Green is definite interview being scheduled and red is no shot and yellow is maybe. This is just a guess on my part but I think we will have sought of two grades. One grade will comprise of the video, reading comp, and math sections. And the other will compromise of the personality section. And this grade will weight more than the information section. So say you score a 95 on the information section but high on the personality section, you're going to get a higher list number than someone that scored 100 on the information section but poorly on the personality section. And in order to separate those that scored well on the personality based section, than they will go to score on the information based sections. So say we scored the same on the personality based section, but I got a 99 on the information, that would separate us and give me the higher list number.

That's just my guess, but when I read that link about how employers use those personality test it got me thinking.
    Is that how they graded exam 6019?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    Is that how they graded exam 6019?
    I have no idea, this is just my guess after what I read about how other companies use these personality test to hire. And the Vulcans stressed at their prep class how they think the personality based section is going to weigh heavily on the grading. I could be completely wrong though, this is just my guess. For all I know maybe they already know they're doing a lottery and the exam is just a formality

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

All I know is there are going to be a lot of broken hearts after this exam. This is f#cking bs many are going to protest seriously. Now my other question is how are tiebreakers conducted exactly?

Forum Member

JoinFDNY facebook page said ties would be broken by SS# but isnt sure how. First 4 or last 4...whateva. Only DCAS / PSI know and they wont tell.

Forum Member

Default Personality Based Questions

Hey, took the test
    Last edited by FFTB; 03-22-2012 at 09:35 PM.

Forum Member

BTW, who ever is taking the test at the 210 Joralemon location in downtown Brooklyn, I would suggest not driving since it is almost impossible to find parking there. The 4,5 2,3 a,c trains stop within a 1-2 block radius Borough Hall st station. Hope this helps.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I'm going with taking notes all 3 viewings. I understand the logic behind only watching the first time, but it really depends on the person. For me, I feel like I capture more info when writing for all 3.

my friend is taking it Friday and he requested I ask this..
    I'm still confused. When does the time start? If you were to watch he video only one or twice would you have more time for the questions?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-21-2012 at 09:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    my friend is taking it Friday sndtes me to ask?.....
    I'm still confused. When does the time start? If you were to watch he video only one or twice would you have more time for the questions?
    Can you retype what your saying I have no clue what your asking.

Forum Member

For those that have taken the test, how much scrap paper do they give you ? Just from practice I take a lot of notes for videos. And the math I make careless mistakes so I will need quite a bit to double and triple check my answers.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    my friend is taking it Friday and he requested I ask this..
    I'm pretty sure you will have the same amount of time to answer the Q's whether you watch the video once, or three times. I haven't take the test yet but my guess would be they're not going to penalize you for watching the video multiple times.

Forum Member

FFTB could you email me the prep stuff Tonsoffun1101@hotmail.com
    To the men who were there that day, my utmost respect.
    To those that will be there the next time, Ill be there by your side

Forum Member

post removed.
    Last edited by HopefulFF; 07-05-2012 at 01:24 PM.

Regarding the note taking: Do what works best for you is my suggestion.
    Remember, the method suggested at both tutorials is geared towards someone who has quite possibly never taken an exam before.

I got this post from someone on the FDNY rant.

There were no typos or grammatical errors that I can recall. There were a few questions that I thought were poorly worded but they didn't seem erroneous. People are probably reporting different #s of questions because it's split into many parts and you aren't allowed to bring/take anything with you so did portion 1 have 6 questions or 9? With nowhere to take notes about the exam it's more likely that people are miscounting the specific # of questions per section, or throwing in some of the practice questions or survey questions.

The first 4 portions were a nonissue, however the personality test is anyone's guess.

Forum Member

Took the test today in Brooklyn. My opinion, it's gonna come down to the personality section. Kinda throws ya for a loop. Again, just my opinion. Just show up, follow directions, do your best and see what happens. Good luck.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFTB View Post
    Hey, took the test on the 19th, it was real easy, just very long and boring, the only thing that made it tedious. I have the Vulcan prep guide for the test and the prep for those personality questions if anyone wants them to be emailed to.
    Can you email them to me please. fdnyhopeful31@yahoo.com

Forum Member

@ FFTB could you also please email them to me. My address is rdavs06@yahoo.com

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    I'm pretty sure you will have the same amount of time to answer the Q's whether you watch the video once, or three times. I haven't take the test yet but my guess would be they're not going to penalize you for watching the video multiple times.
    I have already taken the test and you can watch the video up to 3 times. your time limit for the video sections depend on the length of each video and they add a minute or so to the total length of 3 views.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pugsley67 View Post
    I have already taken the test and you can watch the video up to 3 times. your time limit for the video sections depend on the length of each video and they add a minute or so to the total length of 3 views.
    If I'm not mistaken the Q is, if you have 5 minutes to answer the video Q's, and 9 minutes to watch for example a 3 minute video 3x, and you only watch the video once, do you get 6 minutes added on to your time to answer the Q's?

Thread Information