Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 730 of 1143 FirstFirst ... 230630680720727728729730731732733740780830 ... LastLast
Results 14,581 to 14,600 of 22848
Like Tree8975Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    your getting your medical before you cpat? correct me if Im wrong, but thats different then what they usually do? Not saying something is wrong, I actually think this is good news and that they will be sending out a lot more medicals for higher up on the list.

What do you guys think?
    When I was going through the process for the 6019 list I did my medical before the cpat. But there were guys going through the medical with me that had already passed the cpat. I don't think there a set in stone order for the process. With so many guys it would almost be counter productive to do it that way.
    Test 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16**

Forum Member

So guys with a score of 102 are getting medical letters?

I hope I get mine soon then. Low 9xx
    NycQ83 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

As per the Lt. who runs the academy, this past Saturday he said 47 quit and an additional 15 this past week got let go due to academics. Some of those 62 may not come back, no one knows
    Ahh man my anxiety is starting to kick in again with all these numbers thrown out !!!! From what I'm been reading here people are just abusing the fact that they can return back to the academy which makes it so unfair and depressing ...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    So I guess the 70s number people are saying is false huh
    62 does not include the people dropped due to too much medical leave, so the # is presumably in the 70s.

I did my medical before the CPAT. I don't think it means anything other than them trying to process people efficiently. Think about it: When they schedule you for the medical they give you a few weeks notice. Most people also end up needing to come back within 30 days to redo the stairs. If they waited till after you did the CPAT they would be waiting until DCAS told them you passed it to then schedule you for the medical a few weeks in advance.

Forum Member

First time trial at the rock, 9:30. Disappointed because I was hoping to do a lot better. The tire for the forcible entry almost fell off the side and I had to have it re-positioned which took some time to do . Hopefully I can bring that number down next week now that I'm a bit more familiar with the course.

Forum Member

Wasn't it that PH's were NOT allowed to recycle for reasons other than injury? Why is this all of the sudden so vague? Not to make the presumption that all the drops are PH's, but let's be pragmatic and say a large % are.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    First time trial at the rock, 9:30. Disappointed because I was hoping to do a lot better. The tire for the forcible entry almost fell off the side and I had to have it re-positioned which took some time to do . Hopefully I can bring that number down next week now that I'm a bit more familiar with the course.
    The real CPAT always moves faster than at the Rock for a variety of reasons, you mentioned one of them. More importantly, under 10:20 is all that matters.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    Hey man, my first trial was ugly too. But next time you'll know what to expect and you'll know what to work on. I had the same problem with the tire and one of the DIs gave me an awesome tip. It's not about how hard you hit it but more about WHERE you hit it. Focus hitting the dead middle and that tire will fly across the table. Good luck buddy, keep training.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.

Forum Member

I missed out, so how do we know that all these people and PH's who failed can recycle? is it pretty factual or just rumor? Do they have to take the CPAT again?

Why are you guys projecting so few OC candidates for the 3rd Class? Letting some one recycle for academics is pretty crazy.
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 10-01-2013 at 10:54 PM.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Hey man, my first trial was ugly too. But next time you'll know what to expect and you'll know what to work on. I had the same problem with the tire and one of the DIs gave me an awesome tip. It's not about how hard you hit it but more about WHERE you hit it. Focus hitting the dead middle and that tire will fly across the table. Good luck buddy, keep training.
    Yeah I'm hoping I'll be able to improve my time now that I'm a bit more familiar with the course. Thanks for the tip though. I was just hitting that thing away with everything I had hoping it would be over soon. I wasn't focusing on where I was hitting. I'll be sure to try that out next week. Thanks again.

Forum Member

As per the Lt. who runs the academy, this past Saturday he said 47 quit and an additional 15 this past week got let go due to academics. Some of those 62 may not come back, no one knows
    Okay, I'm not calling you out, but I'm using your post as an example. There are many unintentional inaccuracies that arise. 15 were told they WOULD be let go, but could resign. I'm sure they all did. Termination insures that you have no chance of returning.....or getting another civil service job.

Odds? Some will return, some will not. It's anyone's guess, so you shouldn't bother trying.

For clarifications sake: a Lt. Doesn't run The Rock. The academy is run by a chief. Proby school is run by a captain. The Capt has a Lt. as an asst.

Gonna add one more tid-bit, just a little observation that rubbed me the wrong way. Some proby clearly parks his Long Island Volley Chiefs car in a slightly hidden spot as to not be noticed. 1. You're not even a proby...you're in the academy! Stop volleying....at least until probation is over. 2. If you're driving a car that you have to hide, DRIVE A DIFFERENT CAR. 3. How would the residents of your district feel about you taking thier property to Manhattan everyday for your personal business? You can't respond from there. You're not on official business.

....geeeeez, gimme a break. Then they all wonder why Newsday rips the vollys a part.

Forum Member

We saw that vehicle also when we were leaving. He wasn't hiding it when I saw it, it was in the main lot......

Forum Member

A little off topic here but I'd like to pick your guys brains about something.

My wonderful girlfriend decided it would be a good idea to surprise me with a vacation the second week in January (more specifically the 7th-13th). If the academy were to start on January 27th and guys were getting run letters 1-2 weeks beforehand, would you think I'm cutting it too close? I'm not worried about receiving the letter when I'm away because my parents will hold it for me but I'm more nervous that they will hold the run anytime between January 7th-13th. What are your guys thoughts on this? Should I push this vacation back a week or 2? (not an easy task with her schedule + mine) or squash the vacation totally?

Forum Member

My wonderful girlfriend decided it would be a good idea to surprise me with a vacation the second week in January (more specifically the 7th-13th). If the academy were to start on January 27th and guys were getting run letters 1-2 weeks beforehand, would you think I'm cutting it too close? I'm not worried about receiving the letter when I'm away because my parents will hold it for me but I'm more nervous that they will hold the run anytime between January 7th-13th. What are your guys thoughts on this? Should I push this vacation back a week or 2? (not an easy task with her schedule + mine) or squash the vacation totally?
    I wouldn't do it that's like 2 weeks from the start date. That's kinda pushing it, go in December man to be safe

Forum Member

Nice girlfriend. This is cutting it close and if you're a shoe in for this class I'd avoid this trip. Put it off, save it for a reward if you graduate or better yet, a reward when you get off probation.

You'll feel better with less to worry about.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    Okay, I'm not calling you out, but I'm using your post as an example. There are many unintentional inaccuracies that arise. 15 were told they WOULD be let go, but could resign. I'm sure they all did. Termination insures that you have no chance of returning.....or getting another civil service job.

Odds? Some will return, some will not. It's anyone's guess, so you shouldn't bother trying.

For clarifications sake: a Lt. Doesn't run The Rock. The academy is run by a chief. Proby school is run by a captain. The Capt has a Lt. as an asst.

Gonna add one more tid-bit, just a little observation that rubbed me the wrong way. Some proby clearly parks his Long Island Volley Chiefs car in a slightly hidden spot as to not be noticed. 1. You're not even a proby...you're in the academy! Stop volleying....at least until probation is over. 2. If you're driving a car that you have to hide, DRIVE A DIFFERENT CAR. 3. How would the residents of your district feel about you taking thier property to Manhattan everyday for your personal business? You can't respond from there. You're not on official business.

....geeeeez, gimme a break. Then they all wonder why Newsday rips the vollys a part.
    Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it and I apologize for any misinformation.
    Last edited by NycQ83; 10-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Forum Member

Thank you for the clarification, I appreciate it and I apologize for any misinformation.
    No need to apologize my man. We all get a lot of different info from a lot of different directions. I'm just using your post as an example of why to take everything with a grain of salt.

Forum Member

Anyone have recommendations for a good heart rate monitor?

In the link below I compared different heart rate monitor watches and I am planning on purchasing the Garmin FR70 because it's a bit cheaper than other watches since it doesn't have a GPS and I can just use the free GPS on my iphone with the app mapmyrun, www.mapmyrun.com, to map 1.5 miles routes anywhere I plan to run and track my time.

http://heart-rate-monitor-watches-re...enreviews.com/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    Anyone have recommendations for a good heart rate monitor?

In the link below I compared different heart rate monitor watches and I am planning on purchasing the Garmin FR70 because it's a bit cheaper than other watches since it doesn't have a GPS and I can just use the free GPS on my iphone with the app mapmyrun, www.mapmyrun.com, to map 1.5 miles routes anywhere I plan to run and track my time.

http://heart-rate-monitor-watches-re...enreviews.com/
    I used to have one, but that thing went MIA so it would prob be beneficial to get one myself. Do all of these come w/ that ridiculously annoying band around your chest?

Forum Member

If anything I'd make it a week or 2 sooner, or as FDsouthbxNY said wait till after the academy. A week or 2 closer to the slated start of the academy begins to interfere with when you might actually run or the week that you do business suit day and the day you get issued your gear/uniforms.

Thread Information