Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I'm sorry snatchbk... keep your head up.
    Last edited by John Smith; 01-19-2014 at 02:24 AM.
    SnatchBK and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Some of you might be wondering what being in Bravo and being in Alpha company means. Basically, if you're in Bravo, you are an Adonis amongst men, a gentlemen amongst gentlemen, and an all-around great guy. If you're in Alpha, you're a ballbag and get those bags over your head, dummy!
    I remember I stayed late to do ropes, and there were about 7 Alpha guys with me. When we did the count on deck, we were much louder than the whole Bravo co. according to the DIs. Plus, there were no facebookers in Alpha. LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SnatchBK View Post
    got my DQ Letter for a arrests, guess if your a middle class white guy your screwed but some hood ******s get a free pass
    I agree brother. My friend got his DQ letter today for the same reason. He is going to appeal it.

Meanwhile at one point I read at article where they wanted to let guys on the job with low grade felony convictions.
    SnatchBK likes this.

Forum Member

Is it just me or anyone else not able to access this site all day today ?
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

got my DQ Letter for a arrests, guess if your a middle class white guy your screwed but some hood ******s get a free pass
    . Hey do you mind sharing more on your situation? Pm me if you'd like, just trying to get a feel for what people are being DQ for.

Also what's up with Mohawk kid? And were the DI checking facebooks or something? I'm not on FB but I keep a low profile blog about travels and such just wondering if I should take it down.

Thanks guys

Forum Member

ah man so sorry to hear about the dq's to bad they keep everyone in the dark till the last minute with that stuff. no worries though nypd, probably isnt as strict on stuff like that. keep your head up guys

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Also what's up with Mohawk kid? And were the DI checking facebooks or something? I'm not on FB but I keep a low profile blog about travels and such just wondering if I should take it down.

Thanks guys
    From the sound of it instead of showing up to processing day with a shaved head the guy showed up rocking a mohawk.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Same. Probably site maintenance
    DavidM123 likes this.

Forum Member

Damnnn. I'm indifferent toward Mohawks in general - certainly not my hairstyle choice. But that's stupid of him

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    From the sound of it instead of showing up to processing day with a shaved head the guy showed up rocking a mohawk.
    Lol correct. Hopefully next week he doesn't do that again or we are all gonna a hear it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Damnnn. I'm indifferent toward Mohawks in general - certainly not my hairstyle choice. But that's stupid of him
    I can only comment on what the story sounds like, and then my own experience in the academy. There were people that made small mistakes early on in my class that were made an example of. They ended up doing fine, it was just an initial hiccough. Mohawk guy may have no prior experience with a militaristic/paramilitary setting and is obviously a bit clueless. Once he learns the rules of the system he may end up being great, ya never know.

Forum Member

Sorry to hear that bro and I hope God blesses you and guides you in the next step you decide to take in life... Cause of all honestly I wouldn't know what's next or where to turn .. I need to ask tho cause I feel that I may get the same notice... What was it you were arrested for and how long ago was it... Also what's your list # area??? Please let me know if you can... PM me if you can
    SnatchBK and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Could they DQ someone because they saw a psychologist 11 years ago, by choice might I add, and also completely fine now ?
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

@SnatchBk Hey man don't mean to bother you but do you mind shedding a little more light on the situation? Think I May be in a similar position and would like a little insight on what to expect. Thanks in advance!

Forum Member

...... Double ....
    Last edited by ready4fire; 01-20-2014 at 03:20 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Sorry to hear that bro and I hope God blesses you and guides you in the next step you decide to take in life... Cause of all honestly I wouldn't know what's next or where to turn .. I need to ask tho cause I feel that I may get the same notice... What was it you were arrested for and how long ago was it... Also what's your list # area??? Please let me know if you can... PM me if you can
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    @SnatchBk Hey man don't mean to bother you but do you mind shedding a little more light on the situation? Think I May be in a similar position and would like a little insight on what to expect. Thanks in advance!
    Turn your PM on bro

Forum Member

What list # were you
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Good morning guys,

Everyone who took the Psych test please share some info on the process.
    Can you please describe the process from coming into the building to the actual types of questions are asked. Do you see a psychologist ? My appointment is this Saturday and I am a bit nervous not knowing how this part goes. Just want to be prepared.

Thanks guys.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Good morning guys,

Everyone who took the Psych test please share some info on the process.
    Can you please describe the process from coming into the building to the actual types of questions are asked. Do you see a psychologist ? My appointment is this Saturday and I am a bit nervous not knowing how this part goes. Just want to be prepared.

Thanks guys.
    the psych you can wear casual clothes you fill out 500 multiple choice questions a lot of questions that are really the same just worded differently and theres a lady in the room who collects everything when your done you don't have to see a psychologist unless you fail which you won't find out that day but you shouldn't have a problem with. when you finish your questions you hand in your answer sheet and leave and your done for the day.
    Jackooze likes this.

Forum Member

for the guys who did the run already did you find your time to be similar to what you have been doing when running on your own or a little slower or faster? thanks

Forum Member

Hey guys,, just came across this forum while searching for some info. I am retired FDNY, my nephew is supposed to go for first time to meet investigator at BHS. I know a lot has changed since I went,, just seeing if there is anything he needs to expect or take on first day. From reading the posts here,, the process has changed ALOT !!

Forum Member

Nope..I was trying consistently to sign in but the page wouldnt load, I have no clue why lol but it was frustrating!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Nope..I was trying consistently to sign in but the page wouldnt load, I have no clue why lol but it was frustrating!
    I tried once or twice and got "502 Bad Gateway" which happens on occasion with this place. It signifies some sort of server issue. Nothing you can do but chill out and try again later.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    the detailed earnings statement for 102$ it used to be 5$ a year. They just raised it a few weeks ago.
    Thanks bk60191983,
    The itemized statement of earnings has to be requested in person at the office correct? Do you receive it the same day or how long does it take if they need to mail it back to your home?

Forum Member

Has anyone been hired who has been arrested in the past? Or does anyone know the type of crime they disqualify for? I know the guy they wanted to be fired for taking selfies was convicted of a DUI but that's all I heard so far. Thanks

Thread Information