List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    yeah my friend got DQed this week. He got a letter in mail telling him why today. If you are going to get dqed they will notify you by mail
    Can you ask your friend how far in advance he was notified about being DQed?

My job requires more then two weeks notice and I cant imagine getting DQed near the last stage and being left jobless.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Just a word of advice gents, I would refrain from posting about your squads and companies on here.
    All you need is for yourself or someone in your squad to say something stupid on here and the next thing you know you're in front leaning rest with the other members of your squad at 0650 and you don't know why. People read this board. It's public. Some guys will slip up and post stupid things. I'm sure I have in the past (before probie school). I stayed off this thing pretty much my whole time at the rock as well as Facebook and Instagram. I didn't delete accounts or anything but I deleted the apps from my phone. By doing that I never went on. I never had the temptation. We do t even notice how these things run our lives. Your thumb just always seems to go right for them. You don't even realize you're doing it! Aside from the social media policy it's also a huge waste of time. You open FB, IG or this thread and the next thing you know, bamn! 2 hours have gone by! That's 2 hours of reading you just missed. That's about 50 notecards you didn't write up. I'm not a hypocrite though, Since graduating I use all 3 regularly. Just try to take a break while you're at the rock. You have one thing to focus on for 18 weeks.
    Anyway, congrats guys. Hope you have fun getting all your stuff at QM this week. It's a great feeling.

Forum Member

Not to mention the DIs would not need to know who you are to punish you. If someone was monitoring this I could imagine just seeing specific squad #s as enough. Hell, they could just punish the whole class for the lot of you and try and force you to come forward and admit to it. The camaraderie in class is a lot of fun, but it would be a good idea to keep it there and not here. Plus, you're already behind on your reading.
    ovaltine_jenkins likes this.

Forum Member

Can anyone who was in this last academy tell me if you were given any days off during Labor Day weekend? Either the Friday before or Monday after?

I will most likely be in the July class but my best friend is getting married in Italy that weekend and I'd like to make it but would only be possible if I had one more day other than Saturday and Sunday

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Can anyone who was in this last academy tell me if you were given any days off during Labor Day weekend? Either the Friday before or Monday after?

I will most likely be in the July class but my best friend is getting married in Italy that weekend and I'd like to make it but would only be possible if I had one more day other than Saturday and Sunday
    If I remember correctly the academy follows the city government schedule. If government is closed then the academy is closed. Someone from the summer class could confirm that though.

Forum Member

According to the instructors, even your weekends belong to them because your body needs to rest and recover for the following week. Also, you may end up having to go in on Saturdays for whatever remedial reason.

Forum Member

Heading to cpat training tonight at Randall's, anyone here going? Probably gonna run the loop slowly after practice to relieve some of the soreness in my legs if anyone is going and wants to join hit me up

Forum Member

Default IT Band Syndrome

Any runners on here ever dealt with IT band syndrome before? I've had it for three months now. Pain in the side of the knee whenever I run for more than 10 mins. I've tried rest, stretching, foam roller but it just hasn't gone away. I really need to get it taken care of before the summer class. Any tips greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Get a lacrosse ball and massage it out, foam roller helps but the lacrosse ball will work it more, check your shoes and run slowly,
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpilledChili6019 View Post
    Any runners on here ever dealt with IT band syndrome before? I've had it for three months now. Pain in the side of the knee whenever I run for more than 10 mins. I've tried rest, stretching, foam roller but it just hasn't gone away. I really need to get it taken care of before the summer class. Any tips greatly appreciated.
    Go to a sports medicine doctor who will probably refer you to a PT. Instead of running for a few weeks, maybe try cycling or swimming (if you have access to pool)...

Forum Member

Thanks MM and Jerkalert.

It occurred to me quickly that having my squad in my sig probably isn't the best idea. I was just overly excited haha.

Back to the books!

Forum Member

My man, I'm thinking Italy is out. You have NO idea how tired and sore you're gonna be. The last place you'll want to be on a Friday night is a 7 hr flight to Italy....let alone coming back less than 48 hrs. later. What if your flight is delayed or canceled? That excuse will get you no where at The Rock. It's a lousy deal, but this trip really isn't in your best interests.

Forum Member

So DQ letters went out today? How did you guys get letters today? Its a holiday right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYistheGOAL88 View Post
    So DQ letters went out today? How did you guys get letters today? Its a holiday right?
    They got there's on Friday... I haven't heard of anyone getting there's today

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    My man, I'm thinking Italy is out. You have NO idea how tired and sore you're gonna be. The last place you'll want to be on a Friday night is a 7 hr flight to Italy....let alone coming back less than 48 hrs. later. What if your flight is delayed or canceled? That excuse will get you no where at The Rock. It's a lousy deal, but this trip really isn't in your best interests.
    I know it's not the greatest situation but it's my best friend and I'm the best man. He's on the job himself and as we both agreed deferring is not an option just go to his wedding and if he has to he'll find something else but this is a huge moment in his life that I don't want to miss.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    If I remember correctly the academy follows the city government schedule. If government is closed then the academy is closed. Someone from the summer class could confirm that though.
    This is true - we had Thanksgiving off, Veterans Day off, and a few other days. But you will make up for it - our class ran into Week 19 to make up for the four days that we had off throughout the academy. I'm not sure if the Winter class gets any days off - I'm pretty sure my buddy in the January class said they didn't. MM, can you confirm that? I'm sure this class will mostly follow the same schedule.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    I remember I stayed late to do ropes, and there were about 7 Alpha guys with me. When we did the count on deck, we were much louder than the whole Bravo co. according to the DIs. Plus, there were no facebookers in Alpha. LOL
    We were probably just tired from winning all the fitness awards, lol.

Forum Member

In regards to the $9 money order.

It said to bring the money order on the 17th, filled out to "NYC office of the city clerk"

Then when we got there it said to bring a BLANK one on the 27th.

I already filled mine out. Should I go get a new one? Anyone else do the same thing?

Forum Member

So what kinds of arrests are they DQing guys for?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    So what kinds of arrests are they DQing guys for?
    Been trying to find out myself... I did get a call from my investigator on Thursday confirming my email.. He then mention to monitor my email and pay attention but I didn't get a run letter on Friday or a dq letter in the mail so I'm just as confused as anyone here I think... List #72*
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpilledChili6019 View Post
    Stop running. I had it right before cpat. Literally had month to get back to 3 miles. I just stopped running for a month and that did it for me. Do the foam roller. Rest Ice bla bla bla...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Been trying to find out myself... I did get a call from my investigator on Thursday confirming my email.. He then mention to monitor my email and pay attention but I didn't get a run letter on Friday or a dq letter in the mail so I'm just as confused as anyone here I think... List #72*
    So they would keep processing someone, make him go through the psych and medical, and then dq him for an arrest that he told then about at the initial interview? That isnt right.

Also I thought they were even letting people on with felonies now. Seems maybe this snatch guy had a felony or two, or forgot to disclose something.

Forum Member

Yea we cleaned up on fitness. We didn't resort to name calling in Bravo. We just crushed alpha in the numbers. 4 out of top 5 in fitness were bravo. Myself included.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    In regards to the $9 money order.

It said to bring the money order on the 17th, filled out to "NYC office of the city clerk"

Then when we got there it said to bring a BLANK one on the 27th.

I already filled mine out. Should I go get a new one? Anyone else do the same thing?
    I did the same exact thing. Guess that's what we get for following instructions lol
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Thread Information