Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 733 of 1198 FirstFirst ... 233633683723730731732733734735736743783833 ... LastLast
Results 14,641 to 14,660 of 23948
Like Tree9378Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    It all depends !!! ... Main focus is on how many people recycle that's what really affecting how many people get to go to the run ... Im confident that the ratio would be 1:5 or higher ... So if the wonderful people that can resign have a change of heart the list can go very far if out of 320 250 get called out of the oc we looking at 1250
    I want whatever he's taking lol. The instructors at the cpat classes tell you that to keep you ready. The realistic side of it is out of the 60 or 70 that might drop most will probably be back. Why wouldn't they? Also I'm positive there's more ph's coming in January plus a few more ems. To add to that the ratio u saw from the first 120 or so oc is filled with veterans still on active duty, they didn't fail the process they'll be streamlined through it as they should be when they get back. I met a guy when i handed in paperwork last week that just got back from Afghanistan. His list is sub 100 but he's doing his psych, cpat, medical with people now. Not saying don't be optimistic but it hurts so much more in this process when you are lol. I still think under 500 should feel somewhat confident.

Forum Member

When you guys say 1:5 ratio, what are you referring to, its confusing since there are PH's and EMS? also is this the same ratio projected for the rest of the classes?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    When you guys say 1:5 ratio, what are you referring to, its confusing since there are PH's and EMS? also is this the same ratio projected for the rest of the classes?
    He means the first 120 or so from the oc. They took 20 guys from the 120ish but those scores are filled with veterans. Most of them are probably still active duty

Forum Member

Thanks for the good info my list # is 98x so if all goes well with further testing and processing I wanted to try and give my job an idea of when and if I might need to leave. I wish well to all the candidates and appreciate all the great info received on this forum

Forum Member

I'm curious what the ratio is of people on the OC: people who give as much of a **** as the people on this site haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

I finally got news that my investigator sent out my reference letters. My score is lower than 150 and I've been done with all my other steps for so long. I was getting nervous like they were gonna forget about me.
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    I'm curious what the ratio is of people on the OC: people who give as much of a **** as the people on this site haha.
    I have a few friends who are ahead of me on the list who are not pursuing the job due to other jobs calling them first(dsny,schools) and other misc jobs which are better for them.
    vekdoggs75 and mocon337 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    I finally got news that my investigator sent out my reference letters. My score is lower than 150 and I've been done with all my other steps for so long. I was getting nervous like they were gonna forget about me.
    How did you get this news?

I recently emailed my investigator asking if my paperwork was 100% good to go and asked if I owed anything else and my investigator responded: "There are no status updates or confirmations, Your folder will be reviewed by supervisors ...." So what does that even mean? Is my investigator not allowed to tell me if I'm good or not? I don't understand.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post

I recently emailed my investigator asking if my paperwork was 100% good to go and asked if I owed anything else and my investigator responded: "There are no status updates or confirmations, Your folder will be reviewed by supervisors ...." So what does that even mean? Is my investigator not allowed to tell me if I'm good or not? I don't understand.
    Lol. My Investigator said they won't review my paperwork until close to the hiring process which I assume is December or January. S/He won't tell me if I'm ok either.

Forum Member

I feel bad for you guys, my investigator so far has been great. I brought in so much stuff when I went in the other day and she was really happy about it. She told me all I had to do was bring in two recent pay stubs and then I was 100%.

And that sheet they give you tells you what you handed in and what you didn't so you know yourself if you're 100% or not.

Mine was kind of hot too haha

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I feel bad for you guys, my investigator so far has been great. I brought in so much stuff when I went in the other day and she was really happy about it. She told me all I had to do was bring in two recent pay stubs and then I was 100%.

And that sheet they give you tells you what you handed in and what you didn't so you know yourself if you're 100% or not.

Mine was kind of hot too haha
    Sounds a lot like the one I had.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post

My references let me know they got them in the mail.

Forum Member

my references told me that they received the reference letters, and my boss told me last night that he received something from the fdny.
    coldblood92 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    my references told me that they received the reference letters, and my boss told me last night that he received something from the fdny.
    Would he be willing to tell you what was in it? I'm curious what they ask about

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Would he be willing to tell you what was in it? I'm curious what they ask about
    i may ask him today. I'm cool with my boss, so we'll see what he tells me
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    i may ask him today. I'm cool with my boss, so we'll see what he tells me
    Wow your in the 700s and your job got something in from the department? Good to hear, I didn't expect them to get that high already with the letters.

Forum Member

My employers and references also recieved the paperwork in the mail. My employers recieved it about 3 days ago, references just recieved it today.

Doing a full 10 minutes on the stairmaster with the 50lb vest now. Took me a month and a half to go from only a little over 4 minutes to a full 10 minutes. So im gonna go in on friday to metro tech and do the 8 minutes and then its all over for the medical portion. Have'nt heard anything in the two weeks since i took my psychological so i guess i passed it and im not crazy after all.

Did any of you guys receive a large envelope from bureau of health services with the results of your medical? I havent heard any of you guys mention this so i was just wondering. Its a large envelope with your in depth medical results, along with a few pages full of tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle. I received this last tuesday. Very large envelope.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

For the guys on the OC list who were given everything including the medical just prior to the July class, did they send out your references too?

And if not, do you guys think it's a good sign that there doing that now for guys in the 700s?
    USMC2024 likes this.

Can any of you guys otj lay out exactly what the old physical fitness requirements were before the golden age of CPAT? I keep hearing that the old fitness test were a lot harder. Im curious to know exactly what it was. Was there a stairmaster element? What kind of obstacles courses did they put you guys thru and things like that?
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information