Like Tree10553Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I have a question for the guys who went through the academy recently. I always hear that when it comes to running, a good baseline is being able to do 3-5 miles entering the academy. I was just wondering what a good baseline for push-ups would be. I know to stay out of remedial you need to do 30, but I imagine you will being doing far more in PT. Just curious if that would be something you guys could shed some light on.
    FDNY4Life likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    I did the same exact thing. Guess that's what we get for following instructions lol
    I did it too.
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackooze View Post
    Can you ask your friend how far in advance he was notified about being DQed?

My job requires more then two weeks notice and I cant imagine getting DQed near the last stage and being left jobless.
    he got the letter this past Saturday....9 days before the academy started. He is a male white. What about the minority that was taking selfies and had a Misdemeanor on record. Why wasn't he disqualified but my friend who was not convicted of a misd or felony didnt get hired?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    he got the letter this past Saturday....9 days before the academy started. He is a male white. What about the minority that was taking selfies and had a Misdemeanor on record. Why wasn't he disqualified but my friend who was not convicted of a misd or felony didnt get hired?
    Good question, maybe we are not hearing the full story though.

Forum Member

What was he disqualified for then ? If you don't mind sharing, I thought the dq's were for arrests
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Do you know his list # area by any chance bro?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Can anyone who was in this last academy tell me if you were given any days off during Labor Day weekend? Either the Friday before or Monday after?

I will most likely be in the July class but my best friend is getting married in Italy that weekend and I'd like to make it but would only be possible if I had one more day other than Saturday and Sunday
    Can you turn your private message on? I have a question.
    Score: 104
    List: 31x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    We were probably just tired from winning all the fitness awards, lol.
    Ahhhh, Alpha had the guy with the best FST time. That's what the job is, not running, sit-ups and push-ups. LOL
    Although, I didn't win any of those of awards. The job was more than enough for me.
    ovaltine_jenkins likes this.

Forum Member

hE is in the 500's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Ahhhh, Alpha had the guy with the best FST time. That's what the job is, not running, sit-ups and push-ups. LOL
    Although, I didn't win any of those of awards. The job was more than enough for me.
    Same here buddy. Hope you're in a good house. Stay safe!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    I have a question for the guys who went through the academy recently. I always hear that when it comes to running, a good baseline is being able to do 3-5 miles entering the academy. I was just wondering what a good baseline for push-ups would be. I know to stay out of remedial you need to do 30, but I imagine you will being doing far more in PT. Just curious if that would be something you guys could shed some light on.
    Doing at least 30 is fine. I think in the beginning push-up test I did around 40, and I didn't really have a problem with push-ups in PT. You'll only usually be doing 10-15 in a set, you'll just be doing a ton of sets. Unless you get in trouble, in which case it doesn't matter how many you could do because you'll be doing them until you physically can't.

A lot of the exercises in PT come from P90X and Insanity - if you're able to do those workouts easily you shouldn't have a problem. Personally, I think the PT is pretty comparable to those work-outs, except you run afterwards which can suck if you just did a leg-heavy PT session.
    DedicatedAmbition likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Doing at least 30 is fine. I think in the beginning push-up test I did around 40, and I didn't really have a problem with push-ups in PT. You'll only usually be doing 10-15 in a set, you'll just be doing a ton of sets. Unless you get in trouble, in which case it doesn't matter how many you could do because you'll be doing them until you physically can't.

A lot of the exercises in PT come from P90X and Insanity - if you're able to do those workouts easily you shouldn't have a problem. Personally, I think the PT is pretty comparable to those work-outs, except you run afterwards which can suck if you just did a leg-heavy PT session.
    Thanks for the response. I've been meaning to check out Insanity and P90x. I've done bits and pieces P90x before, but now that you mentioned that I'll focus on it a bit more and try to incorporate those into my workouts. I appreciate the info.

Forum Member

so,,, just making sure the run is still a go for tomorrow? I have not heard anything otherwise but I know we are getting a bunch of snow,,,,,Just wondering what the deal is, im sure it will be fine but i know they did cancel the first run on the 6th bc of the weather

Forum Member

A belated good luck on the run today. Hopefully early this afternoon we'll be hearing some good news from some of you fine gents.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    A belated good luck on the run today. Hopefully early this afternoon we'll be hearing some good news from some of you fine gents.
    dude the run is tomorrw unless otherwise noted,,,dont give me a hartattack man
    FuDsNmYc and DavidM123 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    dude the run is tomorrw unless otherwise noted,,,dont give me a hartattack man
    What's today??? Ohhhhhhhhh, my internal calendar is out of alignment. In that case, good luck on the run tomorrow!!!
    DavidM123 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Goranimal View Post
    What's today??? Ohhhhhhhhh, my internal calendar is out of alignment. In that case, good luck on the run tomorrow!!!
    Dude you literally gave me a heart attack! lol
    DavidM123 likes this.

Forum Member

Called to confirm the run this morning and the lady asked me for a call back number. She said that the run will most likely be cancelled for tomorrow morning and that I will receive a call if so. I recommend calling them and giving them your cell phone number or just checking back on the forum. I'm sure someone will update on here if there are any changes. Until then, see you guys tomorrow in the snow!
    DavidM123 likes this.
    Exam 2000: 68X
    Run Date: 1/22/14

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Dude you literally gave me a heart attack! lol
    Ok, we can get through this. I need you to sit down and relax...breeeeeeeathe! In through the nose, out the mouth. Take an aspirin or nitroglycerin if prescribed, but only if you haven't exceeded your max dosage.

Sorry brother. I'm better than a cup of coffee when it comes to elevating heart rates.
    DavidM123 likes this.

Forum Member

Being that they must fill the empty slots for the academy, a Wednesday canceled run will definitely be rescheduled, right? Say the weather doesn't improve for Thursday either? Would they push the academy start date and reschedule the run for next Wednesday?
    Score: 104
    List: 31x

Forum Member

Does anyone know what is the process of submitting an address change to DCAS. I have called and updated my address with the FDNY, but I now need to update DCAS.

ALSO FDNY DID NOT HAVE MY INFO in their database, maybe its a good idea for those of us who are still playing the waiting game to call and verify that they do have your info in their database.
    EXAM: 2000
    LIST #: 25XX
    Grade: 100

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM123 View Post
    Being that they must fill the empty slots for the academy, a Wednesday canceled run will definitely be rescheduled, right? Say the weather doesn't improve for Thursday either? Would they push the academy start date and reschedule the run for next Wednesday?
    I'm not 100% sure what they'll do but I have a lot of faith in the fact that they are not going to start with just 260~ or whatever the # is. If you're supposed to run just keep your schedule flexible for the next few days and make the assumption that you could/will be in the academy next week.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Has anyone been allowed into the academy with prior arrests?

Forum Member

Does anyone have a # to call to see about the quartermaster being open tomorrow? I don't have the probie manual handy to call those numbers in the front does anyone know one?
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Run rescheduled to the 23rd. Going to be a long day. Admin processing and quartermaster following the run.

Thread Information