Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 734 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 234634684724731732733734735736737744784834 ... LastLast
Results 14,661 to 14,680 of 23903
Like Tree9364Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    For the guys on the OC list who were given everything including the medical just prior to the July class, did they send out your references too?

And if not, do you guys think it's a good sign that there doing that now for guys in the 700s?
    As far as I know mine still haven't been sent out and I'm in the 200s

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I feel bad for you guys, my investigator so far has been great. I brought in so much stuff when I went in the other day and she was really happy about it. She told me all I had to do was bring in two recent pay stubs and then I was 100%.

And that sheet they give you tells you what you handed in and what you didn't so you know yourself if you're 100% or not.

Mine was kind of hot too haha
    had her last time. still lookin good i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    had her last time. still lookin good i guess.
    I think she's mine as well. Last name rhymes with Malone???
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    For the guys on the OC list who were given everything including the medical just prior to the July class, did they send out your references too?

And if not, do you guys think it's a good sign that there doing that now for guys in the 700s?
    Woops...meant to hit "reply with quote", but I hit "like" instead, lol. Anyway, I don't think there is any rhyme or reason as to when the reference letters get sent out. I am low 300's, and I had my reference's receive their letters back in the beginning of May. Then you have guys in the 200's like Topthrill, who's references might not have received their letters yet. Then you have guys like my brother grok who is around my list # (we have completed everything around the same time) and his references just recently received their letters. Again, seems to be no rhyme and reason.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Doing a full 10 minutes on the stairmaster with the 50lb vest now. Took me a month and a half to go from only a little over 4 minutes to a full 10 minutes. So im gonna go in on friday to metro tech and do the 8 minutes and then its all over for the medical portion. Have'nt heard anything in the two weeks since i took my psychological so i guess i passed it and im not crazy after all.

Did any of you guys receive a large envelope from bureau of health services with the results of your medical? I havent heard any of you guys mention this so i was just wondering. Its a large envelope with your in depth medical results, along with a few pages full of tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle. I received this last tuesday. Very large envelope.
    Yea I got mine like two weeks ago. Everything was smooth good results for me

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    Yea I got mine like two weeks ago. Everything was smooth good results for me
    Thats great. My white blood cell count was a little high. Had to go to my own doctor and get the blood work redone. My doctors results came back lower and within normal range. Faxed the results to FDNY health bureau and now im cleared.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Yeah it seems to be little rhyme or reason but it still gets me nervous having such an unresponsive investigator. Someone who I know very well went through a situation similar to this and a week before the academy his investigator told him he had to get in last minute paperwork and if he didn't have it by a certain time he would be deferred to the next class. I'm sorry but I can't afford for something like that to happen.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I act passively and risk possibly having the same situation happen to me or do I act more assertive and have my investigator hate my guts lol. Whatta you guys think?

I'm sure we can all understand the feeling of being so close to something then have it taken away (6019 guys). Hence why I'm so neurotic.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Yeah it seems to be little rhyme or reason but it still gets me nervous having such an unresponsive investigator. Someone who I know very well went through a situation similar to this and a week before the academy his investigator told him he had to get in last minute paperwork and if he didn't have it by a certain time he would be deferred to the next class. I'm sorry but I can't afford for something like that to happen.

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. Do I act passively and risk possibly having the same situation happen to me or do I act more assertive and have my investigator hate my guts lol. Whatta you guys think?

I'm sure we can all understand the feeling of being so close to something then have it taken away (6019 guys). Hence why I'm so neurotic.
    I say keep calling. This is your career and life in his hands, I wouldn't worry if he's your friend or likes you lol it's like when you go to the doctor and don't ask every question you want too because you don't want too annoy the doctor- but would you rather make sure your ok or worry about annoying the doctor-- that's just my opinion though.
    Mtk123 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post

I would keep making sure everything is ok. Doesn't hurt to make sure, but it can hurt if you don't make sure, and something pops up at the end.

Forum Member

Did any of you guys receive a large envelope from bureau of health services with the results of your medical? I havent heard any of you guys mention this so i was just wondering. Its a large envelope with your in depth medical results, along with a few pages full of tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle. I received this last tuesday. Very large envelope.
    Assuming you get on you'll get this every year after your annual medical at BHS.

Can any of you guys otj lay out exactly what the old physical fitness requirements were before the golden age of CPAT? I keep hearing that the old fitness test were a lot harder. Im curious to know exactly what it was. Was there a stairmaster element? What kind of obstacles courses did they put you guys thru and things like that?
    My understanding is that it was more like FST. Also each event was timed or measured in some manner and scored on its own. All that fed into an aggregate score, resulting in your score on the physical. Generally you needed near 100 on both written and physical to have a good chance of getting reached.

I think she's mine as well. Last name rhymes with Malone???
    Hah, that was the one I had.
    Spiderneck30 likes this.

Forum Member

I had my medical back in may and never recieved any envelope with results. All I did was get that shot looked at by a nurse and faxed back to bhs. Have all you guys recieved results packages?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    my references told me that they received the reference letters, and my boss told me last night that he received something from the fdny.
    Any luck finding out more info on the letter?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    my investigator was a ****ing bleep. Texting during our meeting, and generally...let me stop there. I dont have the 3 things for residency(had bank statements and W2s) so i had notarized letter and he was like i dunno if this is good... another investigator told someone else that was fine. I had something else from my college. Just give me someone that at least pretends to care
    You had more than one W2? In My opinion that should be good enough, Why does some other bull**** count more than a second and third W2.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    I had my medical back in may and never recieved any envelope with results. All I did was get that shot looked at by a nurse and faxed back to bhs. Have all you guys recieved results packages?
    I don't think most guys ever received this. When i got mine, that was the first i ever heard about it. Never seen anyone post a comment before concerning it and guys usually post ANYTHING they get from the department on this forum. It scared the crap outta me too. I saw the size of the envelope and read the words "Bureau of Health Services" and i was like "Oh my freakin god man are u serious. wtf is this bullsh*t now". Thought they were disqualifying me for some medical reason that i was'nt aware of. Then i opened it and there were like 10 pages simply laying out the complete results of my medical with like 2 pages giving general tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle. No bad news at all.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

my investigator was a ****ing bleep. Texting during our meeting, and generally...let me stop there. I dont have the 3 things for residency(had bank statements and W2s) so i had notarized letter and he was like i dunno if this is good... another investigator told someone else that was fine. I had something else from my college. Just give me someone that at least pretends to care
    Man tell me about it. I had:

*W2's for 2010/2011
    *12 months bank statement from July 2010-June 2011
    *Direct TV cable bill from July 2010-January 2011 and
    *Time warner cable bills from March 2011-June 2011.

....and do you know what she told me? She said "This is all great but you are missing a statement for February 2011". And i'm like "lol seriously. Well um..I know, but its only a one month gap in which i did'nt have cable. I'm sure they're not stupid. Will they actually think i moved out of town in January 2011 and then moved back into the same exact apartment in March 2011?". I actually said this. She laughed and said "I hear you" but then said that she does'nt make the rules, the rules come from DCAS and that DCAS requires EVERY SINGLE MONTH to be covered; NO GAPS.

I ended up using my car insurance statement for February 2011 in order to cover the one month gap. Also had an debt statement from the DoD for February 2011. But...what if i did'nt drive a car back then...or did'nt owe the DoD??? I would've been screwed. I would have missed this opportunity simply becuz i did'nt have cable in February 2011. This residency stuff is crazy and borderline stupid.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 10-06-2013 at 01:46 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

As far as the 3 proofs of RECENT activity, i dont pay utilities (their included in the rent) and my cell phone is in my brothers name. I DO have cable and so i mentioned to her that most cable companies issue cable, internet and telephone in one bundle and asked if this would constitute as 3 proofs. She said that it will only count as one proof. This does'nt make sense becuz the NOE clearly designates telephone and cable as separate proofs. So the idiot stuck in the 1990's who actually has 3 separate companies providing these basic services is good, but the poor bastard with the Timewarner bundle package gets screwed??? Like i said, borderline stupid.
    Last edited by Spiderneck30; 10-06-2013 at 01:47 PM.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

As far as the 3 proofs of RECENT activity, i dont pay utilities (their included in the rent) and my cell phone is in my brothers name. I DO have cable and so i mentioned to her that most cable companies issue cable, internet and telephone in one bundle and asked if this would constitute as 3 proofs. She said that it will only count as one proof. This does'nt make sense becuz the NOE clearly designates telephone and cable as separate proofs. So the idiot stuck in the 1990's who actually has 3 separate companies providing these basic services is good, but the poor bastard with the Timewarner bundle package gets screwed??? Like i said, borderline stupid.
    Stop complaining. Making the argument that bundled services should be counted 2-3 times instead of just once because it's all TWC is being willfully obtuse. You had alternative proofs of residency, and they took them, what's the problem?

Forum Member

I remember when I was going through the process, it felt like I was going to Metro tech every week to drop off stuff. Who cares, needs to be done, do it! My investigator told me to fax it, hell no, I'm going there and dropping stuff personally. I haven't reached the end of this academy ride, but I hear that it's all worth it in the end. So don't complain about your investigator, don't complain about paperwork, etc., this is how they weed people out.
    Last edited by FFwnt2b; 10-06-2013 at 03:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Stop complaining. Making the argument that bundled services should be counted 2-3 times instead of just once because it's all TWC is being willfully obtuse. You had alternative proofs of residency, and they took them, what's the problem?

There was no problem for me, like you said, i actually (and luckily) had alternative proofs. The problem is for the guys who DONT have such alternatives, like car insurance (cuz they may not have driven in 2010/11) or a debt notice from the Department of Defense (cuz they never received an Army bonus). I know one thing, there are plenty of guys who have lived in nyc their whole lives, but becuz of individual circumstances, they lack the necessary documentation that would be acceptable to the department. An example would be a guy who was unemployed from 2010-2011 and who resided with a friend during that time. He may be able to get his friend to write a notified letter of support, but thats only ONE item. The other necessary items such as W2's, bank statements and/or utilities, he does'nt have because from 2010-2011:

*he was unemployed (no pay stubs or W2)
    *he was broke (no bank account)
    *he was homeless (no utilities)

....in his case, he gets screwed over and loses his chance simply becuz he was going thru a hard time during the period of which they are inquiring. Moreover, he may have actually had car insurance or something for at least 4 months in 2010, but because he ran out of money and could'nt keep the car insured for another 8 months, he cant establish his proof of residency and thus get the sh*t end. My point is, the NOE doesnt take people like this into consideration. It only considers those who were fortunate enough to have a job, a bank account and their own home/utilities. And If you didnt have any of these things in 2010-2011, then sorry buddy but we dont believe you lived here; all other forms of proof be damned.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    And as far as "complaining' goes, how about this little episode-She would'nt even consider the car insurance at first. When i bought it up as an alternative document, she just kept stubbornly shaking her head and saying "Nope, Nope, car insurance is not listed as acceptable proof according to the NOE. Its not one of the items listed on the NOE. Nope sorry". Thats when i started COMPLAINING. I said "Miss, car insurance being unacceptable does'nt make any sense. The insurance company forms & issues the policy based on WHERE YOU LIVE. How does a document that is primarily based on where you live NOT establish residency?". She thought about it for like 6 seconds and then said "Well, its not on the NOE and only the items listed on the NOE are acceptable". Thats when i said "Well im a little confused, because at the orientation, PEGGY QUINN plainly told us that you guys will consider other forms of SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS that may not be listed on the NOE". Thats when she said "Ok hold on, Peggy is not here today but i will ask my supervisor. Just give me a second". She came back 5 minutes later and said "Oh boy you are very lucky, my supervisor said that car insurance IS considered acceptable". So sometimes, you gotta complain ya know.

Like i said, had i not happened to drive a car in 2011, then i would have missed this opportunity simply becuz i did'nt have a freakin cable box in February of 2011; which would have honestly been quite ridiculous. And seeing that i possessed all other requirements, such as the W2's, 12 month bank statements and 11 months of cable bills for the period required, for them to disregard ALL of that, simply becuz i was in the middle of switching cable companies, would have been, in my opinion, unnecessarily and willfully obtuse on THEIR part.
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Thread Information