Like Tree9521Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    I don't know you bruh but I'm banking you and up to 1400 will go in in July. The next 700 in Jan. 15' and so on and so fourth.
    I'm really hoping that number is just a tad but higher for July. I'm sitting on the razor's edge of 14xx and would love to finally stop explaining to folks why I'm still not in yet after all these years.
    Is there any way we could find out the breakdown of how many in this class are promos, ph, and oc? I'm dying to figure out a rough ratio for how many folks off the oc it is actually taking to get the bodies they need.
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Which office did you go to? Was it 155-10 Jamaica Ave?

The 17th avenue office in Brooklyn would not print it and said all other offices would give the same response.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    That's false information. I went to the ss office last week in Jamaica queens and. Picked up my detailed earning statement on the spot . 102 bucks

The 17th avenue office in Brooklyn would not print it and said all other offices would give the same response.

Forum Member

Yes go up to the 3rd floor . They will have u sign a form with ur info. And they ask u how many years u want printed wether it be one year or ten , it's all the same price

The 17th avenue office in Brooklyn would not print it and said all other offices would give the same response.[/QUOTE]

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    I'm in the mid 700s finished everything just patiently waiting
    I'm sitting mid 700's as well. Looks like we're gonna barely miss this class.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I'm really hoping that number is just a tad but higher for July. I'm sitting on the razor's edge of 14xx and would love to finally stop explaining to folks why I'm still not in yet after all these years.
    Is there any way we could find out the breakdown of how many in this class are promos, ph, and oc? I'm dying to figure out a rough ratio for how many folks off the oc it is actually taking to get the bodies they need.
    I think they will get higher than 1400 for the July class. They usually take any where from 900-1200 guys (and it could be more) to get one class. There are (supposedly) no more PH's ad EMT's so that means they should be drawing from the OC list only. If they got p to 700 on the OC list for this class they should at least get up past 1600 for the next class, and thats including guys that may have deferred this class.

Just my opinion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but eventually the breakdown of specifics in the class came out for the past 2 classes- so we should here something either from the new papers or word of mouth.

Forum Member

Lol I feel you bruh. Aye man I don't know too much about the ratios situation and to be honest I don't think any of the guys on the forum have an exact clue just guesstimates. I'd probably assume with your list number not to be funny but to be on the safe side tell your folks Jan. 15' bro. I think one dude maybe a page back said he got
    Everything done jut waiting on run and he sitting comfy at mid 7** so...do the math bruh!

Forum Member

I think up to 1500 has a great chance to get into summer class and I believe the ratio is only gonna get slightly bigger as we roll along. best we all stay out of trouble and continue to train hard because it seems like it's just around the corner for many folks here. Damn this snow sucks!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYN1986 View Post

I can confirm that the Washington Heights office at around 182nd street and Broadway is also an option. I went there last thursday the 16th prior to my intake interview. Office opens at 9:00 a.m., i was there at around 8:40 and out by 9:20. It was a pretty quick and simple process. I did however have to go to a nearby cashier in order to get another money order for $102, as effective January 1st it is no longer $5 per page. As K20dc2 stated, it does not matter if you get one year or all, it is still $102.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techcafiend View Post
    I can confirm that the Washington Heights office at around 182nd street and Broadway is also an option. I went there last thursday the 16th prior to my intake interview. Office opens at 9:00 a.m., i was there at around 8:40 and out by 9:20. It was a pretty quick and simple process. I did however have to go to a nearby cashier in order to get another money order for $102, as effective January 1st it is no longer $5 per page. As K20dc2 stated, it does not matter if you get one year or all, it is still $102.
    That is highway robbery man. I already mailed mine into the SS office in Baltimore so I'm going to wait it out. If I don't get it in like a month or so, I'll go down to that office.

MembersZone Subscriber

Is there a date set for the next academy? I know it was in mid/late July last year, but if anyone on the job has any info, it would be appreciated.
    coldblood92 likes this.

Forum Member

At headquarters when Peggy(?? ) spoke to us she said that the next academy is around July 27th 2014 if I remember correctly. She also said most of us would be in the January 2015 class and a few might make it into summer 2014 class. Right now im sitting at 140X...wondering if im on the cusp or above the cutoff...i just going to have to train train train and hope i get in.
    FDNY Exam # 2000
    List # 140X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I think they will get higher than 1400 for the July class. They usually take any where from 900-1200 guys (and it could be more) to get one class. There are (supposedly) no more PH's ad EMT's so that means they should be drawing from the OC list only. If they got p to 700 on the OC list for this class they should at least get up past 1600 for the next class, and thats including guys that may have deferred this class.

Just my opinion.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but eventually the breakdown of specifics in the class came out for the past 2 classes- so we should here something either from the new papers or word of mouth.
    God I hope you're right. And I couldn't agree more about this snow sucking.

Forum Member

Have my medical rescheduled to friday... Although this is my 3rd time taking the medical its been a dew years and i cant remember what time we were let out. Anybody who has been through it recently, what time were you done and back on the street?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    At headquarters when Peggy(?? ) spoke to us she said that the next academy is around July 27th 2014 if I remember correctly. She also said most of us would be in the January 2015 class and a few might make it into summer 2014 class. Right now im sitting at 140X...wondering if im on the cusp or above the cutoff...i just going to have to train train train and hope i get in.
    I'm set to get hitched early July and really relieved to hear that I probably wont have to get married sober and with a shaved head hahaha.

With your list number you are almost guaranteed to get reached for July. About 700 list numbers with little to no PHs or promos left is nothing. There were probably people in the 2000's and up that are on the fence for July and I'm sure she was talking about them. They always seem to underplay what number they'll get to so as not to give your hopes up.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Peggy Quinn also mention a spring class (she kept going back and forth saying summer and spring) so who knows.

Forum Member

Peggy Quinn also mention a spring class (she kept going back and forth saying summer and spring) so who knows.
    Yeah, anymore talk of pushing three classes a year? I could've sworn I read a while back on here that someone said something about a Chief saying it was declined...

I'd like to think they will get well past 1500 for the 2-2015 class, maybe even close to 2000. Might be wishful thinking, but we'll see how things pan out.

Best of luck to those doing the run tomorrow and starting in the upcoming academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    I think up to 1500 has a great chance to get into summer class and I believe the ratio is only gonna get slightly bigger as we roll along. best we all stay out of trouble and continue to train hard because it seems like it's just around the corner for many folks here. Damn this snow sucks!!
    I think that's a great possibility being they got into the 700's I believe for this run. Hey, anything is possible! Then again this is the FDNY we're talking about seems like a wild roller coaster ride for many.

Forum Member

once the class starts dcas will update there automated tel system with the list# of the last person appointed, i would assume its hiigh 600's low 700's

Forum Member

I have to imagine if she said "spring class" she meant the class that is about to go in, since most of that class takes place in the spring. From everything I've heard 3 classes a year is impossible.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Hey guys, do we have to pay for anything at Quartermasters?

Forum Member

no you dont need money
    Last edited by BKLYNBOY; 01-22-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    01-13

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrugger View Post
    Hey guys, do we have to pay for anything at Quartermasters?
    Negative unless you want a extra set of pt gear or something else extra
    01-13

Forum Member

Thanks for the answer buddy! If I want extra gear, do you remember how much things were? Is the black duffel bag free? Thanks for your time.

Forum Member

They said you have to pay for the bag.

Thread Information