Like Tree9870Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Hey guys,
    Do we need a DMV Abstract as part of the documents needed?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by joeybatts View Post
    Hey guys,
    Yes indeed.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Been trying bro! May have to run to the library before my medical appointment just to turn it on from one of their CPUs cause I can't do it from my phone. Good thing I left my kid home today man.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    Turn on ur pmUOTE=King_Williams_II;1397950]@SnatchBk Hey man don't mean to bother you but do you mind shedding a little more light on the situation? Think I May be in a similar position and would like a little insight on what to expect. Thanks in advance!
    [/QUOTE]

Can you PM bro?[/QUOTE]

PM is on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Yes indeed.
    Thank you, Is there a full checklist floating around I can double check with? I also wonder about School Transcripts, but it doesn't mention in the packet.

Forum Member

I have to imagine if she said "spring class" she meant the class that is about to go in, since most of that class takes place in the spring. From everything I've heard 3 classes a year is impossible.
    They have done 3 classes a year in the past. When my cousin got in, they were doing 3 classes and he said they overlapped with the class before him.

She was referring to the class after this one. She would sometimes say the "July"class or say "May/June" class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    They have done 3 classes a year in the past. When my cousin got in, they were doing 3 classes and he said they overlapped with the class before him.

She was referring to the class after this one. She would sometimes say the "July"class or say "May/June" class.
    I think the academy was only 3-4 months last time they hired. Shorter academy would make it a lot easier to do 3 classes per year. Such is not the case now, unfortunately. Just gotta deal with it.. This snow is gonna put me behind a week or so in training so I'll take any extra time that I can get. I just want to get through this med/psych so all I got left to do is wait for a run letter. That's my goal for now lol.
    TomFromQueens and Jackooze like this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrugger View Post
    Thanks for the answer buddy! If I want extra gear, do you remember how much things were? Is the black duffel bag free? Thanks for your time.

The bag was 29.99. Then the collar brass was 6 bucks a pair, and the tie clips were 5 bucks each. They said I couldn't buy any extra clothing on that day, the guy said come back on friday if you want extra stuff.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrugger View Post
    Thanks for the answer buddy! If I want extra gear, do you remember how much things were? Is the black duffel bag free? Thanks for your time.
    If I were you just to save some money go to a regular mom and pop shop and buy a bag there for a third of the price guys in my class bought the quarter master bag and it was no diffrent then a 10-12 dollar bag, and just a heads up have a garbage bag in ur duffle so everything stays dry inside the garbage bag
    01-13

Forum Member

Just some advise, spend a little extra on the bag. I spent $45 on mine, and it was well spent. Bag is is still in great shape. Other guys bought cheaper ones and they were held together with duct tape.
    If anyone is interested in my bag, I'll sell it for $20. My binders fit in it, and I felt it was the perfect size for other stuff. I'm just missing the long shoulder strap, but you will not use that in the academy. DIs will have a field day with you if they see you with the bag on the shoulder. I'm in the Bronx.....

Forum Member

I plan on buying the patagonia black hole duffle 45 liter size, it's highly water resistant and looks like the perfect size for two binders and extra supplies. It's expensive but a friend of mine gets me it for half off. If in gonna spend 40 on a bag I might as well get something that I will use after the acdemy as well. It's nice that it's all black and fairly lightweight.

Forum Member

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 594
Size:  46.5 KB
    Thank you, Is there a full checklist floating around I can double check with? I also wonder about School Transcripts, but it doesn't mention in the packet.
    Hope this can help
    NYgrad2012 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Just some advise, spend a little extra on the bag. I spent $45 on mine, and it was well spent. Bag is is still in great shape. Other guys bought cheaper ones and they were held together with duct tape.
    If anyone is interested in my bag, I'll sell it for $20. My binders fit in it, and I felt it was the perfect size for other stuff. I'm just missing the long shoulder strap, but you will not use that in the academy. DIs will have a field day with you if they see you with the bag on the shoulder. I'm in the Bronx.....
    What was the specific bag you bought? Link?

Forum Member

I'm 27 years old with no kids so when I tried on the full bunker gear just now I can honestly say that was the best feeling I have ever felt! I'm so excited and gonna give every single thing I have these next 18 weeks!! See some of y'all on Monday!!
    coldblood92 and JDNY13 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    I'm 27 years old with no kids so when I tried on the full bunker gear just now I can honestly say that was the best feeling I have ever felt! I'm so excited and gonna give every single thing I have these next 18 weeks!! See some of y'all on Monday!!
    Can't wait man!

Any specifics we should know when showing up? Where to park? What NOT to do? lol

I remember someone saying to stand at attention in a specific spot. Not sure where though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Haha nice !
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Anybody willing to pm me what you had to do for that 30 question assignment? I've been reading the manual. I know I got till July but I'll take a head start if I can get it, thanks!
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Yes indeed.
    Only if your license is from a different state. My investigator didn't take it. They have access to your driving record already. Save yourself the $10 and a trip to the DMV.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Can't wait man!

Any specifics we should know when showing up? Where to park? What NOT to do? lol

I remember someone saying to stand at attention in a specific spot. Not sure where though.
    When you get there, chances are someone will be there. Just do what they are doing unless they are getting yelled at. LOL
    When you get to Fort Totten, after the security guard, make your second right and follow road, after the big grassy area on left make left. You will see parking lots on the left, park there, and look for the white little building across from the lot. It should have a little sign on it.
    Be quiet, get gear, try it on as fast as you can, and get the hell out of there.

Forum Member

Run tomorrow! Must force myself to sleep. Hope all goes well for everyone. Btw, another guy mentioned we weren't initially supposed to bring anything extra like clothes, but the rescheduling altered those instructions. I'm going to bring a pair of jeans and a button down. I hope they're understanding as to why some of us won't be dressed in business attire.
    My1Goal, coldblood92 and JDNY13 like this.
    List: 31x

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidM123 View Post
    Run tomorrow! Must force myself to sleep. Hope all goes well for everyone. Btw, another guy mentioned we weren't initially supposed to bring anything extra like clothes, but the rescheduling altered those instructions. I'm going to bring a pair of jeans and a button down. I hope they're understanding as to why some of us won't be dressed in business attire.
    Don't bring jeans, khakis!

Forum Member

Hey guys,
    Yes indeed.
    Where does it say this?
    Last edited by TheBrooklynKid; 01-22-2014 at 09:08 PM.

Forum Member

Did anyone get their dress jacket at the quartermaster or did they just fit us for them?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Don't bring jeans, khakis!
    Ugh, fine. I'll try and fold them as best as I can, but they're going to get wrinkled.
    List: 31x

Forum Member

You guys should start accepting by now that the FDNY has become your new wife/gf and that no matter what you do you are wrong and will be yelled at for.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    You guys should start accepting by now that the FDNY has become your new wife/gf and that no matter what you do you are wrong and will be yelled at for.
    Right. Lol

Thread Information