Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 738 of 1141 FirstFirst ... 238638688728735736737738739740741748788838 ... LastLast
Results 14,741 to 14,760 of 22814
Like Tree8966Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Im using a 60 pound vest.. My 60 pound vest feels alot more challenging than the 50 pounds not just because its 10 pounds heavier, but because it goes over your shoulders, where as the 50 pound vest you wear on test doesn't go over shoulders and is worn like a jacket. So Idk that makes the weight feel more like its weighing down, which is a good thing for me to train with a harder vest.

Right now I can stay on about 4 minutes at 60 steps a minute.
    Which means u can probably do 6+ minutes with a 50lb. Thats good. Keep going.

Yesterday i got an acceptance letter from the NYC Department of Environmental Protection; Electrician Assistant makin $31/hr STARTING. Ill start the position in November. My wife says "So or u still gonna go to the fire department or u gonna stick with DEP?". I said "ARE YOU F*CKING CRAZY?? A NYC Electrician vs a NYC Firefighter???", then grabbed my weight vest and headed straight to the gym.

Sure, $31/hr is much more than ill be makin in the academy and during probabtion, but i wanna be a HERO lol. Ill just work DEP until the academy starts, which will most likely be 2 months after i start the job. Anyway, if i have to wait til the July class, at least ill be makin good money meanwhile. And the job starts in November...which is the same month the new PS4 and XBO drops haha. Life is good...and im the SH*T.
    VanCroon likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    does her last name rhyme with Jason? I thought she was really nice I brought her cell phone statements , bank statements and 1 more thing I forgot.
    no, lol her last name does not rhyme with jason. my investigator is nice, and calm but doesnt seem to work with purpose.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    no, lol her last name does not rhyme with jason. my investigator is nice, and calm but doesnt seem to work with purpose.
    Oh noooo, u got the one whose last name rhymes with Malone. If so, then that's just ridiculous.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Im using a 60 pound vest.. My 60 pound vest feels alot more challenging than the 50 pounds not just because its 10 pounds heavier, but because it goes over your shoulders, where as the 50 pound vest you wear on test doesn't go over shoulders and is worn like a jacket. So Idk that makes the weight feel more like its weighing down, which is a good thing for me to train with a harder vest.

Right now I can stay on about 4 minutes at 60 steps a minute.
    My vest is the same, I have 65-67 LBS in it and it feels much heavier than the 75 LBS vest that we've been using during CPAT training. I guess it all has to do with how the weight is distributed in the the vest.

But just keep at the stairs, it's a slow process but it gets easier over time.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    If you can ace the cpat the medical for 8 mins should be no problem.
    You'll see over the process more people fail at the medical than they do the cpat
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Yea I know a lot do but it shouldn't be for the 8 minutes on the stair master. If you can't do that with only 50 lbs then you shouldn't be on.

Forum Member

Default anyone who recently had their background appointment

I think this was mentioned a while back but does anyone know if the investigator will accept official college &high school transcripts that we give them, as long as the envelope is still sealed with the official school seal? Or do they insist it be mailed directly from the school to them? Also, does anyone know if we can get our social security earnings statement from the office since the government is still shut down? I think someone mentioned that is one of the services cut as of right now.

Thx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    My vest is the same, I have 65-67 LBS in it and it feels much heavier than the 75 LBS vest that we've been using during CPAT training. I guess it all has to do with how the weight is distributed in the the vest.

But just keep at the stairs, it's a slow process but it gets easier over time.
    I agree... my vest goes over my head and it feels much heavier at 50lbs than the one at the CPAT training with 75 lbs. Glad I'm not the only one thinking this...I thought it was all in my head lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    Unless things have changed,

Notarized letters for residency are only good for Ems applications as someone already previously mentioned. For firefighter it is not a generally accepted item.

And everyone here I hope realizes as far as current residency that it doesn't have to be within nyc limits. This can include Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, orange etc. you just have to prove you live where you currently say you live. One piece of mail, a credit card statement, a bank statement, any bill that has your name on it, that's easy.

Just as an FYI you can add a name to pretty much any bank account be it checking or savings, then print out that months statement and it'll have your name on the account. It doesn't show the date you were added or who the primary account holder is(which doesn't matter), but your name is then on a statement registered to that house. So if you live with a friend or parents just have them add you and then take you off later.
    The notarized letter thing must be new because I used that in '07. The investigator whose name rhymes with Malone told me I needed to do that so I'm a tad confused here.

Forum Member

Has anyone heard from their mentor yet ?

Also for the initial intake interview how long as you typically at Metrotech for ? I'm scheduled to be there at 8:00am.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Has anyone heard from their mentor yet ?

Also for the initial intake interview how long as you typically at Metrotech for ? I'm scheduled to be there at 8:00am.
    They go in order of arrival so the earlier you get there and the more people you are in front of the quicker it will be but still it's going to be a few hours. 4 hours or so.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

What all is covered in the intake interview besides checking off paperwork? Do they ask you any questions beyond the background forms?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Oh noooo, u got the one whose last name rhymes with Malone. If so, then that's just ridiculous.
    LOL i dont have that investigator either!
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    The nysc discount is $30 a month instead of 40 but you can't go peak hours from 4pm-8pm. Definitely sign up there or some other gym with stairs because the medical stair session will be longer and harder than cpat. Cpat is more weight but only 3min. Chances are for medical you'll be walking for 8min
    Thanks I appreciate it I go to a crossfit gym and have bn doing squats and burpees and box jumps w a weight vest and as hard as that is nothing helps u walk on a stair master better than walking on a stairmaster
    coldblood92 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephenscm View Post
    LOL i dont have that investigator either!
    lol good becuz she should know better by now. U said she had an accent so i shouldve known it wasnt Malone.

Dont know if u guys heard but my investigator says that they will continue to ask for 3 pieces of mail reflecting recent activity. She said that even though we are suppossed to submit them asap, that they will be asking for updates pieces right before the class starts.

Forum Member

Ditto.

Mine just called to say everything I submitted is good and I'm set but to expect additional documents, mostly for proof of current residency, to be expected right before the exam which makes sense since you have to prove you live here by the date of appointment.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    I think this was mentioned a while back but does anyone know if the investigator will accept official college &high school transcripts that we give them, as long as the envelope is still sealed with the official school seal? Or do they insist it be mailed directly from the school to them? Also, does anyone know if we can get our social security earnings statement from the office since the government is still shut down? I think someone mentioned that is one of the services cut as of right now.

Thx
    For transcript they take the sealed one handed to them just don't touch that seal. Also I recently heard that there are people at those ss offices but you can't get the earnings report like they can't do any work or something lol

Quote Originally Posted by MESAman View Post
    Also, does anyone know if we can get our social security earnings statement from the office since the government is still shut down? I think someone mentioned that is one of the services cut as of right now.

Thx
    Goddamn republicans...
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Thread Information