Like Tree11288Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    I think he was being sarcastic but it's hard to tell from reading it.
    lol no im being serious. the way i read it was you shouldn't be scared, but you should have a fearful respect of it or something along those lines. I know im ****ing up the wording. But when i read it i was like that makes sense. I dont pretend my balls are so large im not slightly scared of what waits for me on the fire floor. Its how i deal with that fear which determines the size of the nuts i teabag ur moms with. ;P

To: Dannypanigale
    I might have read it here, on a different thread i cant remember. Dont sweat the psych its no big deal. Everyone of us must be a little crazy if we want to do this job so....

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Is DI Ruiz in this class? My cousin says he hasn't seen a DI Ruiz yet - I thought maybe he went back to his house.
    I think he is in this class. He was at the quartermaster on Friday

Forum Member

Tomorrow our lives change forever! Hopefully Mother Nature takes it a little easy on us this next month, if not oh well. Let's give it our all and do what we gotta do ladies and gents!! See you at the finish line!
    NycQ83, Jrod16 and LordzofBrooklyn like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Tomorrow our lives change forever! Hopefully Mother Nature takes it a little easy on us this next month, if not oh well. Let's give it our all and do what we gotta do ladies and gents!! See you at the finish line!
    Congradulations man, drop in time to time to let us know how it is. When you have time that is! Lol. Btw, How does it feel to have the title of Probationary Firefighter ahead of your name? Lol must feel great!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Congradulations man, drop in time to time to let us know how it is. When you have time that is! Lol. Btw, How does it feel to have the title of Probationary Firefighter ahead of your name? Lol must feel great!
    Thank you and it's a great feeling but I won't be happy until that probationary part is removed. I can't even imagine how that's gonna feel.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Score: 104
    List: 2XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Thank you and it's a great feeling but I won't be happy until that probationary part is removed. I can't even imagine how that's gonna feel.
    Your welcome, I would agree lol
    dawk34 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    I think he is in this class. He was at the quartermaster on Friday
    He was also at the quartermaster on Tuesday, though he wasn't there right from the beginning.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    Look at DI Demetrius' uniform, his fits perfect. He has the build and and the perfect size uniform. Also, DIs Ruiz uniform fits like a glove. Everyone is jacked up cause they hurried everyone at quarter master, you couldn't ask for the right size. I hated that! Oh well, wear anything that has FDNY with pride, no matter if fits or not. It's a whole different ball game when you put it on. Also, when you get out of the academy to go to your car at the end of the day, don't go walking around with the tie off, shirt unbuttoned, etc. They see this, trust me.
    I don't know if it is the same here, but in the Marine Corps, there is actually a better quality/material shirt that the Drill Instructors used to wear, and they also get them tailored. Couple that with shirt stays, and it should look really sharp. I went up on several Meritorious Boards while in the Corps, and I had the better quality shirts, tailored to fit me perfectly, and shirt stays so tight you could play them like a guitar, lol! But yes, these shirts they give us are quarter master are...not the sharpest looking, but I will wear that shirt and awesome patch WITH PRIDE!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by chadxmerch View Post
    It's crazy that there isn't proper instructions on the uniform. Just get it, and put it on. I'm sure some people are going to look all sorts of jacked up on Monday.

Also, as a Marine, I like to have my uniform look sleek and in order, but the shirt size I had to get is too big because my neck was too large for the size shirt I should be wearing. I put on the uniform last night and regardless of what my girlfriend said, I thought it looked jacked up. I should just wear some shirt stays with it, haha.
    If you went to the QM on Friday at 0800 I believe you were two guys behind me. Unless there's another chad haha.

I have the same dilemma with my work duty shirt. The area under my armpits sorta sag and when the shirt is fully tucked in, I can't seem to get the shirt flush against my back. It sorta bubbles up as if I were wearing my older brothers shirt to a sweet 16. Hopefully we keep our jackets on long enough that I won't get ripped a new one for it. I tried throwing it in the dryer also. Shrunk a little bit, but not much. As a non-military man I may look into these "shirt stays".
    chadxmerch likes this.

Forum Member

You guys are not going to have time for shirt stays. Do as someone else already said in the thread. Make sure everything is on correctly and in the right place, it doesn't really matter right now if the shirts don't fit just right.
    ffbam24 likes this.

Forum Member

One of the five guys who went in for the run today and we all passed... Great feeling but in true reality this long long journey has just begun... Can't wait to be in the battlefield with you brothers.. See you guys tomorrow..I'll be one of the 5 that's not in uniform lmao
    NycQ83, dawk34 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    One of the five guys who went in for the run today and we all passed... Great feeling but in true reality this long long journey has just begun... Can't wait to be in the battlefield with you brothers.. See you guys tomorrow..I'll be one of the 5 that's not in uniform lmao
    congrats. did you get any sort of gear? must be tough having to get so much in order in so little time. nice job though. I'm sure you're excited
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    congrats. did you get any sort of gear? must be tough having to get so much in order in so little time. nice job though. I'm sure you're excited
    None but that's all in due time... Most important thing is I was giving the chance and I'm going to make the best of it.
    JDNY13 and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

To the guys that had to go in for an oral psych, how long after the initial psych exam did they contact you for the oral exam ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    To the guys that had to go in for an oral psych, how long after the initial psych exam did they contact you for the oral exam ?
    I was notified about a week or 2 later
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Did anyone else need to get something from the quartermaster backordered? They ran out of my size for the work duty shirt, they gave me a slightly bigger one for tomorrow, just wondering how/when you can pick up the ordered ones.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    None but that's all in due time... Most important thing is I was giving the chance and I'm going to make the best of it.
    When are they going to have you get all your stuff?

Forum Member

For the gentlemen who have already received the Probie Manual for the academy or to those who have already joined the brotherhood, does the manual listed online vary greatly than the one you receive for the academy?

Not looking for any specifics but just want to make sure the online version is similar so I don't confuse myself later on
    Score: 102
    List #: 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYProspect View Post
    For the gentlemen who have already received the Probie Manual for the academy or to those who have already joined the brotherhood, does the manual listed online vary greatly than the one you receive for the academy?

Not looking for any specifics but just want to make sure the online version is similar so I don't confuse myself later on
    I've definitely noticed some differences, but it is basically the same thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by smokinfire2121 View Post
    I was able to find this resume that helped me during the testing process. Check out if you need a resume http://firefighterworld.org/resume-e...hter-position/ it comes in a word file and you can just cut and past. I was able to use this when applying for FDNY.
    We have to submit a resume at the intake?

Forum Member

Nope, it's spam.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

So what number did we reach on the list for this January Academy? btw Good Luck to you guys who are starting at the Rock today!
    FDNY Exam # 2000
    List # 140X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    So what number did we reach on the list for this January Academy? btw Good Luck to you guys who are starting at the Rock today!
    They should come out with a list of whose exactly in the class. That should give us an idea of what list number they got up too.

Does anyone remember how long they wait before they come out with that list? Was it in the beginning of the academy? and if so, how early did it come out? Besides seeing what list number they got too, I have a buddy who might eb in the class, I want to see if he made it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    They should come out with a list of whose exactly in the class. That should give us an idea of what list number they got up too.

Does anyone remember how long they wait before they come out with that list? Was it in the beginning of the academy? and if so, how early did it come out? Besides seeing what list number they got too, I have a buddy who might eb in the class, I want to see if he made it.
    They swore in 322 probies today ... Shirts look big foreal lol ... I'm waiting for the selfies now

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    They swore in 322 probies today ... Shirts look big foreal lol ... I'm waiting for the selfies now
    Just curious, how do you know this? Lol I'm always fascinated how some of you guys get info and get it so quick haha
    vekdoggs75 and Dannypanigale like this.

Thread Information