Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 743 of 1196 FirstFirst ... 243643693733740741742743744745746753793843 ... LastLast
Results 14,841 to 14,860 of 23913
Like Tree9373Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Wait so at 21xx I may not even have a shot at January '15 haha? They really only expect to go through the guys already being processed (up to 1200) for the next THREE classes?!
    If I once felt something for PH's Im now starting to feel the same for those that are recycling two and three times ... Someone mentioned here once to don't take CID word to the heart because not even they know with accuracy. And it's true because how they know how many people would show up for the run and how many people would pass the run.. That's something you find out at the very end before the academy ... Let's see what happens on jan ..
    I'm feeling bummed out with these numbers ... But I'm still going to remain positive "/

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Wait so at 21xx I may not even have a shot at January '15 haha? They really only expect to go through the guys already being processed (up to 1200) for the next THREE classes?!
    I highly doubt that. In my opinion if you got a packet your either in the July 13 class or the Jan 14 class. There's no way they don't reach 1200 by the January 14 class, especially if there saying guys up too 700 have a decent shot at the July 13 class-- that would mean they would have less then a 2-1 ratio if guys under 1200 don't make the Jan 14 class.

Forum Member

Lets all take a deep breath with these numbers we're hearing. There's no way to know how far they'll get until we know what the recycle/ PH numbers actually are. I remember a lot of talk a few months ago about there being NO WAY the OC list gets touched and they get up to 120. So we'll see, come late December we can all start panicking.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

How would someone in my shape do if I got called tomorrow ? I can run 3 miles do 40 push ups straight , 8 pull ups . Can do the stairs with the 50 pound vest for about 15mins . I feel like I'm way behind where I should be.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CHAMP24 View Post
    How would someone in my shape do if I got called tomorrow ? I can run 3 miles do 40 push ups straight , 8 pull ups . Can do the stairs with the 50 pound vest for about 15mins . I feel like I'm way behind where I should be.
    What's your 1.5m time? How fast can you do 3 miles? a 35min 5k is not very impressive, ya know.
    Speed and muscular endurance are probably the biggest things you could keep working on.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    What's your 1.5m time? How fast can you do 3 miles? a 35min 5k is not very impressive, ya know.
    Speed and muscular endurance are probably the biggest things you could keep working on.
    My 1.5 is at 11 mins , but I'm still losing weight so I feel like I'm just gunna keep getting faster. My numbers are so close to the bare minimum makes me nervous but I'm just gunna keep busting my *** thanks for the response.

Forum Member

I don't feel good already about my investigator. 1st when I gave her my 12 month bank statements, she kept claiming im missing a month when I KNOW Im not missing a month, so I had to point it out to her that it was there.. She still kept saying I was missing a month until I had to show her on the paper look this is the month its all there.

Then after I had everything I possibly needed plus more just in case, She saw on my paper work that I was in a vehicle accident almost 3 years ago. So she requested I get a letter from my insurance company stating that this accident was resolved and settled.. I didn't bring that because I didn't know i'd need that!

So im trying to call the insurance guy who handled this claim, and of course, since it was 3 years ago, he is no longer at that number, someone else now is, and that person isn't even answering im getting their voice mail.

So thankfully I had a saved email from 2 years ago saying this claim was resolved. So I emailed it, and faxed it to the investigator. I then called her to confirm she got it, and she rushes me off the phone saying she is busy and she'll call me back later.. Which by the way it sounded, I don't think she will call me back.

The investigator said I have 4 weeks to get her this letter.. I wanted to confirm that not only she received it, but also that this is good enough, since the letter was dated 2 years ago.

Ughh I was so close to having everything and I just want to make sure everything's good, and the investigator is playing the busy game.. Why are these investigators always too busy every single time you call them and they NEVER call you back. Their JOB is to investigate you for this job. Why do they always ignore you and brush you off and have this "don't bother me" attitude when you're trying to get the job.

Corrections believe it or not I had the best investigator that actually was there when I called, returned phone calls, and saw I wanted the job and thanked me for having everything in a timely fashion and in return she processed me fast and treated me like a guy who was serious about getting the job.

Forum Member

I'm not excusing their behavior because I went through it as well. But you should remember that they are handling a huge # of candidates for firefighter as well as doing the same work with people who are trying to get on EMS, and likely people applying for civilian jobs. They likely have way more work than investigators.

But since they treat you as an annoyance be annoying to them. What's it matter to you? Get it done.

Stop bringing up corrections. This isn't corrections. If you keep that up in the academy/firehouse you're going to be real popular real quick.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

What I don't understand about the investigators is how it seems none of them are on the same page as regards to what's acceptable and what's not acceptable paperwork wise. You would think they have people to report to and they would tell them what's acceptable and what' not. You have guys here saying their investigator accepted paperwork while other guys said their investigator wouldn't accept the same. And John246 said his investigator told him he only has 4 weeks to get certain paperwork to them. The person I know that went yesterday was missing some paperwork but his investigator told him not to worry because he has more than enough time, that he has till basically the before the swearing in to get him the paperwork needed. I guess I'll find out for myself in 2 weeks lol.
    Stephenscm likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

What's up w/ having to call and confirm your spot for the Intake???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What's up w/ having to call and confirm your spot for the Intake???
    News to me, where did you hear this ?
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    I don't feel good already about my investigator. 1st when I gave her my 12 month bank statements, she kept claiming im missing a month when I KNOW Im not missing a month, so I had to point it out to her that it was there.. She still kept saying I was missing a month until I had to show her on the paper look this is the month its all there.

Then after I had everything I possibly needed plus more just in case, She saw on my paper work that I was in a vehicle accident almost 3 years ago. So she requested I get a letter from my insurance company stating that this accident was resolved and settled.. I didn't bring that because I didn't know i'd need that!

So im trying to call the insurance guy who handled this claim, and of course, since it was 3 years ago, he is no longer at that number, someone else now is, and that person isn't even answering im getting their voice mail.

So thankfully I had a saved email from 2 years ago saying this claim was resolved. So I emailed it, and faxed it to the investigator. I then called her to confirm she got it, and she rushes me off the phone saying she is busy and she'll call me back later.. Which by the way it sounded, I don't think she will call me back.

The investigator said I have 4 weeks to get her this letter.. I wanted to confirm that not only she received it, but also that this is good enough, since the letter was dated 2 years ago.

Ughh I was so close to having everything and I just want to make sure everything's good, and the investigator is playing the busy game.. Why are these investigators always too busy every single time you call them and they NEVER call you back. Their JOB is to investigate you for this job. Why do they always ignore you and brush you off and have this "don't bother me" attitude when you're trying to get the job.

Corrections believe it or not I had the best investigator that actually was there when I called, returned phone calls, and saw I wanted the job and thanked me for having everything in a timely fashion and in return she processed me fast and treated me like a guy who was serious about getting the job.
    my investigaor tells me that she is busy also lol and that she needs different things each time i get in contact with her. When i tell her that i have something that she needed, she then said that i dont need that but she needs something else. I guess this is what the whole hiring process is about. LONG slow and annoying but it needs to be done.
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    News to me, where did you hear this ?
    It was written clearly on the letter lol. When the letter originally came, I obnoxiously just looked at the date and moved onto the other documents in the packet. I just called this morning.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    It was written clearly on the letter lol. When the letter originally came, I obnoxiously just looked at the date and moved onto the other documents in the packet. I just called this morning.
    Thanks for saying something, I never would've called lol.
    List # 11xx

Went to HQ for my second stair attempt. Finished the 8 minutes easy. 2 guys failed. One old guy fell off after 6 minutes and another young guy fell off....at 3:08 LOL. The 3:08 guy claims he can really do 10 minutes with a 60 pound but today his "foot was hurting" lmao; whatever buddy. Anyway, im glad thats overwith. Now, its all out preparation for the academy. LETS DO IT!!!!!!
    EXAM 2000
    LIST 56*
    SCORE 103

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Thanks for saying something, I never would've called lol.
    Haha Thank God I read it last night. The # I called this morning was (718) 999-2179. Need to do it before 5pm obviously.
    TomFromQueens likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderneck30 View Post
    Went to HQ for my second stair attempt. Finished the 8 minutes easy. 2 guys failed. One old guy fell off after 6 minutes and another young guy fell off....at 3:08 LOL. The 3:08 guy claims he can really do 10 minutes with a 60 pound but today his "foot was hurting" lmao; whatever buddy. Anyway, im glad thats overwith. Now, its all out preparation for the academy. LETS DO IT!!!!!!
    Congrats it's a wonderful feeling being done isn't it?(Well at least with most of the process)
    USMC2024 likes this.

Forum Member

The guys that just had there investigations(guys #900 plus), did they tell you to expect your letter for your medical?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    The guys that just had there investigations(guys #900 plus), did they tell you to expect your letter for your medical?
    Great question

Forum Member

Does anyone know if we will receive something in the mail saying we have succesfully completed the psych or is it a "no news is good news" type of deal ? And congrats spiderneck, hopefully I'll be in the same boat as you real soon.

Thread Information