Like Tree9843Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

The 85 number is the number of recycles and remaining EMS promos and PH's. I dont think they even had 85 drops last class.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    The 85 number is the number of recycles and remaining EMS promos and PH's. I dont think they even had 85 drops last class.
    They could be from the class before last, I imagine if people were injured they might not be cleared to go back the very next class
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    They could be from the class before last, I imagine if people were injured they might not be cleared to go back the very next class
    Definitely, I know one Ems guy who will be joining us in July because they didn't want him back in right away due to his type of injury. Was a legit one.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Definitely, I know one Ems guy who will be joining us in July because they didn't want him back in right away due to his type of injury. Was a legit one.
    If, God forbid, you get injured while in the academy, what happens? I'm referring to a legitimate injury sustained while training and not just dropping out because you couldn't hack it. Are you just forced to resign and drop off the payroll until you recycle or do you get light duty until the next class and you recycle?

I ask not because I'm expecting to work the system but because I've got kids and a family to support and I'm trying to have all bases and contingencies covered if in fact the worst does happen.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    85?!?! That seems high, my man. Were there even that many drops last class? That's really depressing if true...
    I believe if im not mistaken there was 318 probies in the last academy. I know for sure 242 Graduated. That means 76 people didnt make it. Normal failing academy rate is like 10% I read somewhere, that academy class had a dropout/ failure rate (however you may see it as) of nearly 24%...

Forum Member

Ive read previously a couple of pages back that theres actually a list of the probies that have just entered the academy that will be available at some time soon. How do you get acces to that? Thats pretty interesting. And why do they allow that information available? Not sayin its bad im just curious

Forum Member

We get that list in the department orders which is more detailed than the one the public gets.
    Here are department orders for the public, but I didn't see the list yet, and I didn't check at work to see of they came out.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...index.shtml#do

Forum Member

Yep thats the place.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Anyone?....Bueller??

I need to take the train tomorrow in the am, and want to make sure I'm going to the right spot.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    We get that list in the department orders which is more detailed than the one the public gets.
    Here are department orders for the public, but I didn't see the list yet, and I didn't check at work to see of they came out.
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...index.shtml#do
    Oh okay I see now lol. Thanks fir the ino and the link man I appreciate it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    If, God forbid, you get injured while in the academy, what happens? I'm referring to a legitimate injury sustained while training and not just dropping out because you couldn't hack it. Are you just forced to resign and drop off the payroll until you recycle or do you get light duty until the next class and you recycle?

I ask not because I'm expecting to work the system but because I've got kids and a family to support and I'm trying to have all bases and contingencies covered if in fact the worst does happen.
    Are you coming from another city job? That makes a difference.

If you are, I believe, you go on light duty until you are cleared by the doctor and then you return to whatever your previous position was until the next class.

If not I imagine they would put you on a light duty status until you get cleared which would mean being on payroll. After you're cleared you'd have to wait for the next class but I don't think there's any job options through FDNY as you wait which would mean you're off their payroll.

Haven't been in the situation and I am a current city employee so can't really speak definitively.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    does anyone know the process for using 6 months paid work time as your eligibility rather than college credits?
    Just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this.

Forum Member

Just wanted to see if anyone knows anything about this.
    Very simple. Your investigator will take your W2s at intake. I'd bring 6 months of paystubs to give them as well just in case.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Are you coming from another city job? That makes a difference.

If you are, I believe, you go on light duty until you are cleared by the doctor and then you return to whatever your previous position was until the next class.

If not I imagine they would put you on a light duty status until you get cleared which would mean being on payroll. After you're cleared you'd have to wait for the next class but I don't think there's any job options through FDNY as you wait which would mean you're off their payroll.

Haven't been in the situation and I am a current city employee so can't really speak definitively.
    I don't think that's the case. If someone has an injury at the academy that prevents them from continuing I believe they are given a light duty spot until the next class starts.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpilledChili6019 View Post
    Very simple. Your investigator will take your W2s at intake. I'd bring 6 months of paystubs to give them as well just in case.
    OK, that's awesome. Just wanted to check, just in case it was a pain in the *** and it would be easier to just go finish some credits lol

Forum Member

Thanks for the info medic and jk.
    I am not currently a city employee and I know once I leave my current post there's no going back. Obviously if I hurt myself playing basketball on the weekend I don't expect anything but if break a leg or some other worst case scenario during academy training I would like to think they don't just toss you out on your *** until you recover and recycle. Freak accidents do happen and I just wanna be set up if god forbid one does occur.
    Thanks again.

Forum Member

I don't remember dealing with this the last time, but are the Health Office ppl ballbusters with the TB exam? I'm going in Friday for a visit with their cardio doc and that'll 72 hours (give or take) from my med exam. Ya think they're going to bust my balls and make me get another shot or no?

Forum Member

Idk, maybe it's me, but if I'm in the academy, they'd have to physically throw me out for me to leave.
    You have no idea lol. I'll leave it at that. Guys otj and in the class now know. I won't explain you'll see if you get there
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    You have no idea lol. I'll leave it at that. Guys otj and in the class now know. I won't explain you'll see if you get there
    Any more dropouts ?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Any more dropouts ?
    Lmao, so sad. Smh

Forum Member

i use to kind of laugh when i read online about dudes getting injuries ...but im in now and guys you have no idea how tough the pt is. run a lot guys and do a lot of push ups while holding yourself at the up position for a while ....

Forum Member

I was just gonna say that, guys always say they are ready, and they assume guys getting hurt is a big joke. It's not, the academy takes it's toll on you very early. You must adjust to it, it doesn't adjust to you.

Forum Member

Deleted.........
    Last edited by grok350; 02-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod16 View Post
    i use to kind of laugh when i read online about dudes getting injuries ...but im in now and guys you have no idea how tough the pt is. run a lot guys and do a lot of push ups while holding yourself at the up position for a while ....
    How many sets and how many reps on average, if you don't mind sharing? Thanks in advance and good luck!
    Exam: 2000
    List#: 15XX
    Intake: 01/24/2014
    Medical: 02/14/2014
    CPAT: 03/26/2014
    Psych: 4/12/2014

Forum Member

With all do respect, were the people who have already dropped extremely out of shape ?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    That's why I said they have no idea lol. I won't say what exactly goes on during pt but its not what was in that youtube video lol. It's definitely a shock. Some guys get here and quickly see its not for them, nothing wrong with trying something and realizing it's not for you. But trust me until you're at the rock don't judge
    if people want to try out a new job and see if its for them go work at mcdonalds or drive a bus. some people wait forever to get on this job and to quit on the first day cause your not in shape is a sham. from day 1 when you get your packet they drill it in to our heads to be in shape. its not a joke. an injury is one thing but to not be ready when most of us have months if not years to prepare isnt gonna cut it. these guys who give up wasted alot of time and resources of their mentors and investigators and instructors when they could have been putting in time on people who really want the job and who are ready. the academy sucks we know that but if your physically and mentally ready it will suck that much less. dont mean to stir the pot here just speaking my mind. good luck to all the guys still hanging in there. dont quit.
    My1Goal and kevin666 like this.
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Thread Information