Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 758 of 1144 FirstFirst ... 258658708748755756757758759760761768808858 ... LastLast
Results 15,141 to 15,160 of 22875
Like Tree8987Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    You got 2:00 pm ? I'll trade with ya, I have to be there 8:00 am lol. On the bright side I won't to take off from work.
    Never even looked at my time lol.

Forum Member

See you guys on the 9th as well! Actually mine's at 3:30 so probably not, but good luck anyhow gents!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanTony View Post
    with summons and points on my license i'm nervous about the investigation.
    I'm trying not to omit anything but looking at the collection I have gathered I am concerned =/
    does anyone else have a tainted collection but have managed to pass the investigation?
    Don't worry about this.. FDNY doesn't seem to be looking to rule people out the same way nypd does. If you just be honest and bring every disposition it shouldn't be a problem.

Forum Member

grizzle

please post if those dispos are necessary or not when you go in

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    grizzle

please post if those dispos are necessary or not when you go in
    I met my investigator, heres how it went on dispositions.. before we met the investigator, the director of candidate investigations told us, for misdeamenor arrests u need a dispo.. for summons' that WERE DISMISSED, YOU DO NOT NEED A DISPOSITION. IF THE SUMMONS WASN'T DISMISSED AND IT RESULTED IN A FINE OR WHAT NOT, YOU NEEDED A DISPOSITION.

My situation, I have 1 summons from 7 years ago for fair evasion. I went to court it was dismissed. A candidate in the room had the same exact thing and he asked if he had to disclose that and the director said no you can cross that out you don't have to disclose that.

I chose not to cross it out since I already put it down. My investigator since I put it down, asked me for a disposition. Thankfully I had a copy of the dispo which I brought just in case so she accepted that.

So my advice to you, if you have copies of your dispo's bring them. if you don't, then I would go get a disposition for every summons you put down. My summons' I didn't have to disclose according to the director, but since I did disclose it, my investigator asked for the dispo.

So rule of thumb, if you put it down, get a dispo, because your investigator will ask for it, EVEN IF ITS A SUMMONS THAT YOU DIDNT HAVE TO DISCLOSE IN THE 1ST PLACE. If you cant get the dispo by the time you go, then im sure they will let you fax it.

Forum Member

Does anyone who has taken the Psych know what the dress code is. I would like to be comfortable (sweatpants and a sweatshirt) since its a long multiple choice test, but if suits or business casual is expected, obviously ill wear that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin12345 View Post
    Does anyone who has taken the Psych know what the dress code is. I would like to be comfortable (sweatpants and a sweatshirt) since its a long multiple choice test, but if suits or business casual is expected, obviously ill wear that.
    It is a mix. When I took it some did wear suits (me), while others were in business casual and some were in sweats and sweatshirts. I don't think it is a set dress code. But it is always better to over dress then under dress. The test shouldn't take you long. Was done in about 1.5 hrs. Good luck.
    2043 - 57XX
    6019 - 32XX
    2000 - 7XX

Forum Member

John check your inbox when you get a chance

Forum Member

Thanks thirdtimesacharm

Forum Member

Went to the courthouse to get the 2 dispositions I had. Both given to me at the same time in 2007 lol. Both dismissed. The guy at the counter said that the FDNY investigator isn't gonna care about them bc they are from over 6 years ago and were dismissed. It was nice to hear but I will bring them anyway, just in case. John just said that if they were dismissed, nobody cares lol. I'll keep you guys posted, of course. Update on that red light ticket I mentioned before: I went to DMV and spoke to the guy who called my number, he said that the drivers abstract covers the last 4 years of my driving history. That ticket and points I got was 6 years ago so it has been "erased" from my history. Is this really how it works? The guy was just a young kid, looked like he was just chilling at work, not really caring about much lol. Not sure I could take him seriously. I didn't have enough time to stay and get a second opinion. If it really has been erased from my record, should I still mention it in the packet? Apparently, according to the kid at DMV, I can't get any proof that it happened anyway... So if I put it down and the investigator wants paper work on it, wtf do I do?! Something seems off, here...
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Went to the courthouse to get the 2 dispositions I had. Both given to me at the same time in 2007 lol. Both dismissed. The guy at the counter said that the FDNY investigator isn't gonna care about them bc they are from over 6 years ago and were dismissed. It was nice to hear but I will bring them anyway, just in case. John just said that if they were dismissed, nobody cares lol. I'll keep you guys posted, of course. Update on that red light ticket I mentioned before: I went to DMV and spoke to the guy who called my number, he said that the drivers abstract covers the last 4 years of my driving history. That ticket and points I got was 6 years ago so it has been "erased" from my history. Is this really how it works? The guy was just a young kid, looked like he was just chilling at work, not really caring about much lol. Not sure I could take him seriously. I didn't have enough time to stay and get a second opinion. If it really has been erased from my record, should I still mention it in the packet? Apparently, according to the kid at DMV, I can't get any proof that it happened anyway... So if I put it down and the investigator wants paper work on it, wtf do I do?! Something seems off, here...
    Grizzle 2 things.. 1st off good thing you got those dispositions, because even though no1 cares about those summons', you might get an idiot investigator like I did who wanted the disposition anyway. So good move there.

2nd off, put the red light tickets down. FDNY HAS ACCESS to drivers abstract. When I went for my intake interview, she didn't even care about the abstract because she said fdny has access to the dmv records and can look them up themselves. So if you put the red light ticket down, then she really CAN'T ask you for any proof on it, because she has the computer system to do it herself, and she'll see its not there and there's no way you can get info on it.

I would put it down just to be safe. And bring the abstract as well. My idiot investigator didn't want mine, but I left it with her anyway. I dunno if your investigator will ask you for it just to be a pain.

Forum Member

Omg these people already have access to my driving history?! Well, that was a waste of an hour and a half of my day today.........
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Omg these people already have access to my driving history?! Well, that was a waste of an hour and a half of my day today.........
    You could have done it online, but yea my investigator pulled mine up right on the screen too
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

if you've ever had a drivers license in another state, you will need those
    I should have cleaned up the chili.....why didn't I clean up the chili!!!!!!

Forum Member

I don't understand why we needed to bring out abstract in if they had instant access to it, could have saved me $7.50 lol.

On my investigation packet I listed back in 06 I went to traffic court and plead guilty to driving with a busted headlight but my investigator didn't ask for a copy of the disposition, this happen to anyone else ?
    Exam: 2000
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Everyone here is discussing dispositions letters and from my understanding you only need one if you were arrested or summons in court. Does suspended license count?
    On my abstract it shows the dates time served.
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Nice to see this thread actually talking about processes and moving things along. Been about 13 weeks since I have cruised the internet.
    5 weeks left.....you guys are next. Good luck with everything.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JerkAlert View Post
    Nice to see this thread actually talking about processes and moving things along. Been about 13 weeks since I have cruised the internet.
    5 weeks left.....you guys are next. Good luck with everything.
    Someone calculated it, it's like 20 days of actual academy left. It's almost here.....

Forum Member

Anyone else recieve paperwork in the mail today concerning bloodwork from the medical ?

Forum Member

I think there's only 6 or 8 days worth of cycles left too. Aren't there only 26?

Thread Information