Like Tree11332Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

What about am/pm like ems does?

Forum Member

I think the city budget proposal comes out this Wednesday, do you guys think we might find out then if three classes is in the budget? I'm not that familiar with the whole budget process so maybe someone with more knowledge on the subject could give their opinion.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by King_Williams_II View Post
    When was your intake?
    November 19th

Forum Member

Can anyone give insight as to how long the intake process works? Can we bring snacks? Water? Where to sit? Any information would be great. Thanks.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 16xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ireedmymail View Post
    Can anyone give insight as to how long the intake process works? Can we bring snacks? Water? Where to sit? Any information would be great. Thanks.
    Get there an hour early, you'll be one of the first ones there, and it's basically first come first served. They will take a group of the first 6 or 7 guys up to the floor where the investigators are and you wait a few minutes for your investigator to come. And you're with your investigator 20 minutes. You actually spend most of your time in the auditorium waiting. When I went I think I was there from 6:30-10:30. I was the second guy there so I went up with the first group to meet their investigator.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Is there any word on what list number this recent academy class is up to? Im sure this has been asked many times but i am new to the thread. Thank You!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_Carollo View Post
    Is there any word on what list number this recent academy class is up to? Im sure this has been asked many times but i am new to the thread. Thank You!
    I believe it was 720, or right around there.

Forum Member

Hey I'm just wondering what's the highest list number for anyone who received a medical notice?
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    What about am/pm like ems does?
    'cause this isn't EMS.

If they haven't overlapped classes yet, why would they start now? Anything is possible, but it impacts all you just about.....zero. It's only a matter of few weeks. Just keep your focus on things you can control and don't waste energy on the theoretically plausible......
    vekdoggs75 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

So I have heard that since last week 10 candidates have quit, but I am also hearing that people are not just dropping out because of the physical demand, but they are having trouble with the classroom portion of the academy. Any thoughts?
    EXAM: 2000
    LIST #: 25XX
    Grade: 100

Forum Member

It's too early for anyone to be quitting because of academics, but that will happen. The last department order had 9 resignations, so 10 is quite possible.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    'cause this isn't EMS.
    You don't say? It was a suggestion.. I'm aware I have no control over it.we all look for answers/information and speculate because it's an online forum.

Forum Member

Last week posts were blahh ... Any good exciting rumors to make this week go by fast ???

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    Last week posts were blahh ... Any good exciting rumors to make this week go by fast ???
    I was thinking the same thing, that's why I'm begging for a rumor of 3 classes haha. I think that's why it's being spoken about so much, forum has been a little slow.

Forum Member

Every time they start saying forum is a little slow more packets get sent out.

Here's to hoping

Forum Member

Well there is the rumor of when the next class starts, some of us that went to the medical recently were told July 21st but other guys that went recently were hearing May.
    JDNY13 and 4040clubBouncer like this.

Forum Member

love the idea of a may class. but i find it hard to believe they'd put a class in that had to be at the academy on christmas and new years/and/or have to make up those days and throw the dates off
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Better to get in ASAP before the unborn gets sold out. Once the contract is settled It will probably end up being 7 years to top pay and new hires will pay into medical. Contract has been expired since July 2010. They will prob settle sometime in 2014 now that there's a new mayor.

The FF union will sell out the unborn as a giveback to fund concessions for the city
    Last edited by FDNY4Life; 02-10-2014 at 11:05 PM.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Hello Everyone.

I am list number 25##. I was planning on leaving New York for a couple of months and was wondering if anyone here can give me a time range on when I may possibly receive my packet? I know it would be a guess but just trying to get an idea about how soon I may have to return back to New York.

After receiving my packet in the mail, how soon would I have to come back to New York to deal with what is in the packet?

Thanks in Advance.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNY4Life View Post
    Better to get in ASAP before the unborn gets sold out. Once the contract is settled It will probably end up being 7 years to top pay and new hires will pay into medical. Contract has been expired since July 2010. They will prob settle sometime in 2014 now that there's a new mayor.

The FF union will sell out the unborn as a giveback to fund concessions for the city

Anyone know if they started contract talks yet or is the fdny waiting for other unions to finalize theirs? It's funny we don't even have a new commissioner yet either.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bacon View Post
    Anyone know if they started contract talks yet or is the fdny waiting for other unions to finalize theirs? It's funny we don't even have a new commissioner yet either.
    the nypd pba will most likely be the first uniformed union to settle with the mayor. If they do go first then they will set the pattern and the other uniformed unions will follow suit. Look for new hires to have a longer stretch to top pay and pay into their medical. Hopefully im wrong but that will most likely happen

Forum Member

I find myself in a tricky situation. It seems like I'm slated for the next academy class but I'm also set to get married July 12th (planned the date over a year ago). Knowing full well that everything for the academy will be up in the air date wise until the last few weeks I'm somewhat terrified I'm going to have to have my run or get processed (or both) on the day or weekend of my wedding. Calling Metrotech or DCAS for definite info was fruitless because obviously there isn't any definite info yet.

So, on a boned scale of 1-10 how boned am I? How lenient are they about rescheduling a run or processing day? If there's even a .0001% chance of me getting skipped over I wont. Worst case scenario I might just have to do the run then make a mad dash to get married haha. Would just moving the ceremony up from 11am to 3pm be enough. As you might infer I'm slightly stressed about this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

the nypd pba will most likely be the first uniformed union to settle with the mayor. If they do go first then they will set the pattern and the other uniformed unions will follow suit. Look for new hires to have a longer stretch to top pay and pay into their medical. Hopefully im wrong but that will most likely happen
    Is that a hunch or have you actually heard something...because the only thing I have heard is us getting screwed w no retro check, but nothing having to do w 7 yrs to top pay or paying into medical.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

this is the least of my concerns lol...i just need this list to start moving!!!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    Is that a hunch or have you actually heard something...because the only thing I have heard is us getting screwed w no retro check, but nothing having to do w 7 yrs to top pay or paying into medical.
    Those are give backs other unions have done in order to get retro and raises, but nothing is definite. No city unions have signed contracts yet.

Also as it stands there's been no word about commissioner, other than it seems like Cassano wants to stay put.

Thread Information