Like Tree11279Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #19026
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I'm glad I'm not in this class haha. Screw this
    dem7191 likes this.

  2. #19027
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    nyc
    Posts
    544

    Default

    Yea seems silly to ask, but given all the rescheduled activities - are they at the rock today?

  3. #19028
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    7 min mile is good for just starting recently... I believe the academy has daily 3-4 mile runs, so try and build up stamina to that point also.

    That's where I'm at right now... trying to build up the endurance.
    Ok thanks for the reply, gonna try and run outside and trying to build up my stamina and endurance

  4. #19029
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    theyll tell you at the rock get off the treadmill and run outside. get used to running in the cold, rain, snow, wind.
    Yeah im going to start running outside will probably prepare me much better

  5. #19030
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Yea seems silly to ask, but given all the rescheduled activities - are they at the rock today?
    Definitely

  6. #19031
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    *i started posting workouts on page 580
    *running on a treadmill is a really bad way to assess yourself.(i could go into the reasons but...just go on the track and youll see)

    -Go to the track lmk how fast you do a mile and half. (3mile run would be better, but if your not use to that distance yet...) Once you have done this and have a time, shoot me a pm and ill guide you from there.
    Thanks a lot coldblood, you are right probably not a good way to assess myself i noticed that with a treadmill you can only keep it at one speed with running outside you can be running faster/slower at any given point so i want to definitely start doing that. Thanks for the info ill pm you soon

  7. #19032
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Lightening and extreme cold is the only thing they stop for to the best of my knowledge

  8. #19033
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    I'm glad I'm not in this class haha. Screw this
    honestly ive had the same thought... a late july start is kinda perfect. Hopefully miss all the extreme heat waves and get to watch the entire world cup!
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  9. #19034
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDEngine View Post
    Yeah im going to start running outside will probably prepare me much better
    Running outside will definitely prepare you better. That's what I was doing for a couple of months before it started getting really bad out. Don't bother trying it with this weather. Stick to the treadmill until this snow and ice is out of the way. Just remember to keep improving every week and you'll be ok for now. You will still be building your stamina anyway. Slipping and falling or getting really sick (or, god forbid, getting hit by some idiot driving too fast on an icy road) will cause you to miss gym time and really hurt you in the long run. It's not worth the risk for me. I'm not even gonna bother running outside till next month. Until, you will see me killing it on the treadmill. Safely lol. But that's just my two cents. If you think you can safely run outside right now, then do it.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  10. #19035
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    146

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    honestly ive had the same thought... a late july start is kinda perfect. Hopefully miss all the extreme heat waves and get to watch the entire world cup!
    It is going to near 100 every day til early September can't wait... A chief at the rock told me
    River6019 likes this.
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

  11. #19036
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    It is going to near 100 every day til early September can't wait... A chief at the rock told me
    good inside scoop...thanx for passing this information along
    River6019 likes this.

  12. #19037
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    It is going to near 100 every day til early September can't wait... A chief at the rock told me
    I don't know, you know how it is with rumors.. I'll believe it when I see it.
    River6019 likes this.

  13. #19038
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by frankp88 View Post
    It is going to near 100 every day til early September can't wait... A chief at the rock told me
    Really ? That impressive...predicting the weather 6 months in advance lol either way I'll be happy to be there
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

  14. #19039
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    11

    Default

    i recently heard from 2 different sources that it looks like theyre now planning on reaching people with a 94 test score when its all said and done, anybody else?

  15. #19040
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    554

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Lightening and extreme cold is the only thing they stop for to the best of my knowledge
    LOL....stop....right. Tell me, do you think the guys scheduled to work in the firehouse had the day off 'cause of extreme cold and lightening? I can't recall anytime they've cancelled proby school for the day....we work 24/7/365, mind as well get used to it in proby school too.

    They won't run you outside.....but trust me, the indoor 90 minutes of calisthenics will leave you WISHING for a 5 mile run.

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    i recently heard from 2 different sources that it looks like theyre now planning on reaching people with a 94 test score when its all said and done, anybody else?
    No way, not a chance.

  16. #19041
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDNYlistrider View Post
    i recently heard from 2 different sources that it looks like theyre now planning on reaching people with a 94 test score when its all said and done, anybody else?
    I think they will get up to 98 or maybe 97 and thats a big maybe.

  17. #19042
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,319

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    I think they will get up to 98 or maybe 97 and thats a big maybe.
    Party pooper.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

  18. #19043
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    LOL....stop....right. Tell me, do you think the guys scheduled to work in the firehouse had the day off 'cause of extreme cold and lightening? I can't recall anytime they've cancelled proby school for the day....we work 24/7/365, mind as well get used to it in proby school too.

    They won't run you outside.....but trust me, the indoor 90 minutes of calisthenics will leave you WISHING for a 5 mile run.
    .
    That was my point. Not that they cancel the day but outside operations are limited. I'm not an idiot but they also aren't going to have you climbing metal ladders outside in a thunderstorm, but I'm sorry for not specifying you're holiness.
    FDNY4Life likes this.

  19. #19044
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    That was my point. Not that they cancel the day but outside operations are limited. I'm not an idiot but they also aren't going to have you climbing metal ladders outside in a thunderstorm, but I'm sorry for not specifying you're holiness.
    Guy on the job answers a question correctly on this forum and you get all huffy and defensive. Probably not the best attitude to have going in.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    List # 12XX

  20. #19045
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    That was my point. Not that they cancel the day but outside operations are limited. I'm not an idiot but they also aren't going to have you climbing metal ladders outside in a thunderstorm, but I'm sorry for not specifying you're holiness.
    They didn't build half a city block inside of a warehouse for fun. Your day will go on just the same.

    If its snowing or raining with no lightning, you WILL carry on as always outdoors. PT included. We ran in some pretty ****ty snow/rain/slush.
    The only class that gets moved indoors with any inclement weather is ropes for obvious reasons.
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

  21. #19046
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    85

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Running outside will definitely prepare you better. That's what I was doing for a couple of months before it started getting really bad out. Don't bother trying it with this weather. Stick to the treadmill until this snow and ice is out of the way. Just remember to keep improving every week and you'll be ok for now. You will still be building your stamina anyway. Slipping and falling or getting really sick (or, god forbid, getting hit by some idiot driving too fast on an icy road) will cause you to miss gym time and really hurt you in the long run. It's not worth the risk for me. I'm not even gonna bother running outside till next month. Until, you will see me killing it on the treadmill. Safely lol. But that's just my two cents. If you think you can safely run outside right now, then do it.
    Yeah i know what you mean. God for bid something happens it would really suck i don't want to take a chance but at the same time in the Academy you gotta run in this s*it anyway so its good to get used to it. But i dont think its worth getting hurt as you said. Hopefully this ice and snow will melt soon and i can get out there.

  22. #19047
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Staten Island
    Posts
    206

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Party pooper.
    Im sorry man, but I don't want people to get there hopes up and just rely on this. People should pursue back ups or other careers. But your 98, you should be fine.

  23. #19048
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,155

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Matador611 View Post
    Im sorry man, but I don't want people to get there hopes up and just rely on this. People should pursue back ups or other careers. But your 98, you should be fine.
    Giving false hope is just as bad as being a party pooper. A 98 isn't fine until someone with that score actually gets hired. Till then it could be within range or it could be too far down. Hard to say.
    4040clubBouncer likes this.

  24. #19049
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    139

    Default

    Just going over my intake interview paperwork for next week. I just have 1 or 2 traffic violations(2 red lights) from probably over 10 years ago. I listed them but is there anything else that i would need to do about them or will they just see it when they pull my dmv records. Thanks
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

  25. #19050
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    957

    Default

    Bros, real quick. Do they accept cash or credit/debit at the SSA office for the earnings report? Or is it only money order? I'm here at an office in LIC, and the security guard can't answer the question. I have to wait for my number to be called. However by the time I get up there it'll be closing time. I'll just come back some other day if you guys tell me money order is necessary. Otherwise I'll pay cash.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 39 users browsing this thread. (9 members and 30 guests)

  1. 4040clubBouncer,
  2. BrooklynBorn,
  3. CleverJ,
  4. fndyoneday,
  5. I3akdraf,
  6. JRodPizza ,
  7. MuscleHamster,
  8. NYgrad2012,
  9. Smoove

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 05:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 09:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 01:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 04:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 12:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register