Like Tree9581Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    bros, real quick. Do they accept cash or credit/debit at the ssa office for the earnings report? Or is it only money order? I'm here at an office in lic, and the security guard can't answer the question. I have to wait for my number to be called. However by the time i get up there it'll be closing time. I'll just come back some other day if you guys tell me money order is necessary. Otherwise i'll pay cash.
    just went today 102$ money order only good luck
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Bros, real quick. Do they accept cash or credit/debit at the SSA office for the earnings report? Or is it only money order? I'm here at an office in LIC, and the security guard can't answer the question. I have to wait for my number to be called. However by the time I get up there it'll be closing time. I'll just come back some other day if you guys tell me money order is necessary. Otherwise I'll pay cash.
    Its was only money order or personal check for me.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    just went today 102$ money order only good luck
    Ahh, that's what I figured. My number is coming up sooner than expected. I'll ask the guy if there's a place close by I guess. Thanks, broseph...
    BrooklynBorn likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Its was only money order or personal check for me.
    *thanksobama.gif*
    vekdoggs75 and River6019 like this.

Forum Member

I paid with a credit card . And had no issues

Forum Member

That is not going to pop up on ur abstract. No need to even list it . Go to dmv and get a copy of ur abstract ..

Quote Originally Posted by bk601919831400808
    Just going over my intake interview paperwork for next week. I just have 1 or 2 traffic violations(2 red lights) from probably over 10 years ago. I listed them but is there anything else that i would need to do about them or will they just see it when they pull my dmv records. Thanks

Forum Member

I had minor traffic violations . Disobeying signs or what not . And they were about 6 Years old . And when I picked up my abstract , it was not even on there
    Last edited by k20dc2; 02-14-2014 at 05:48 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    That was my point. Not that they cancel the day but outside operations are limited. I'm not an idiot but they also aren't going to have you climbing metal ladders outside in a thunderstorm, but I'm sorry for not specifying you're holiness.
    LOL......are there any exercises you can do to grow a thicker skin?

Forum Member

Bros, real quick. Do they accept cash or credit/debit at the SSA office for the earnings report? Or is it only money order? I'm here at an office in LIC, and the security guard can't answer the question. I have to wait for my number to be called. However by the time I get up there it'll be closing time. I'll just come back some other day if you guys tell me money order is necessary. Otherwise I'll pay cash.
    Hey bro, did you get the statement? If not, just fyi they take credit cards.
    Jackooze likes this.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDsouthbxNY View Post
    LOL......are there any exercises you can do to grow a thicker skin?

Haha I miss your humor. Why did you disappear for so long?

And when I got my detailed earnings I paid credit card but that was before all these changes. No idea now.

Forum Member

To the guys with old traffic violations, this is what I did. I had a red light ticket from 7 years ago. I had my driver abstract printed out but it was not on there. I had been pulled over for this red light ticket and given 2 points on my license so I figured it may be documented somewhere. Just in case it was, I didn't want to write that I had no violations And have my investigator pull out some police records of it bc that would make me look like a liar. No reason for that. Anyway, I put it down but my investigator didn't care. It was over 5 years ago and what they're looking for is consistently bad behavior, like 2 or 3 violations in the last few years or something. You guys will be good.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

This 3 day weekend feels like a vacation haha I now see why guys before me kept quiet on some things that you go through at the rock. You just have to experience it for yourself.

Forum Member

Haha I miss your humor. Why did you disappear for so long?

And when I got my detailed earnings I paid credit card but that was before all these changes. No idea now.
    You can still pay with your credit card even after the changes. The $102 flat fee still sucks ***, though.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    This 3 day weekend feels like a vacation haha I now see why guys before me kept quiet on some things that you go through at the rock. You just have to experience it for yourself.
    Hows the academy treating you? having fun in the snow? lol

Forum Member

Team usa!!! Great game
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dawk34 View Post
    Getting Monday off feels more like having a week off. This is amazing.
    bk60191983, NycQ83 and Topthrill like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post

-Go to the track lmk how fast you do a mile and half. (3mile run would be better, but if your not use to that distance yet...) Once you have done this and have a time, shoot me a pm and ill guide you from there.
    DO THIS!!! Helped me tons before I started the academy. This dude knows what he's talking about.

Lightening and extreme cold is the only thing they stop for to the best of my knowledge

Like FDsouthbx said, there are NO days off. They warn us about the snow and all they say is... leave a little earlier. On days we suspect snow I have my alarm set for 3:15. Eat a big breakfast and I'm out the door by 4. (for a 6:40 roll call)

They've been doing this academy thing for long enough. They have ways to compensate for weather conditions. As for summer being better than winter, we'll see if you're saying that during FST hah.

Lastly, presidents day is my new favorite holiday.
    NycQ83, dawk34 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Hows the academy treating you? having fun in the snow? lol
    It's insane how often it has snowed. Im so sick of it. I just hate the potential of slipping and getting hurt because of it. Almost had a few calls already just getting to and from the parking lot lol
    As far as the academy, my body is getting used to it. What you put in is what you get. If you study you will pass. I'm starting to enjoy it and I'm lucky to have a cool squad who support each other.
    bk60191983 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    Getting Monday off feels more like having a week off. This is amazing.
    Haha Amen to that
    bk60191983, Topthrill and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

Here we go again.....

http://meritmattersusa.blogspot.com/2014/02/here-we-go-againfemales-to-sue-fdnys.html?m=1

Forum Member

I got a question, I have my interview with my investigator in late March, but i missed both orientations for the CPAT, what exactly does that mean, i called up DCAS and told them i couldn't get off work, and try to re-schedule but they couldn't accommodate me. What does it mean if i missed both orientations for the CPAT? Were they mandatory? Also when do they schedule the actual CPAT? Is it usually after you meet with your investigator? Thanks in advance
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:101

Forum Member

It means nothing. It's just an option they offer to go to the actual test site and look around. Utterly useless IMHO. You'll get plenty of practice doing the training at the rock if you need it.

It is not mandatory you won't be penalized in any way so don't stress it. Real cpat usually scheduled about halfway through the cpat training at the rock it seems like but all depends on your number.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exam2000fdny View Post
    read that yesterday-- complete nonsense! This better not start up trouble again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    read that yesterday-- complete nonsense! This better not start up trouble again.
    The City has invested too much tax money for the hiring process so far. This will defiantly effect future exams though.

Forum Member

It means nothing. It's just an option they offer to go to the actual test site and look around. Utterly useless IMHO. You'll get plenty of practice doing the training at the rock if you need it.

It is not mandatory you won't be penalized in any way so don't stress it. Real cpat usually scheduled about halfway through the cpat training at the rock it seems like but all depends on your number.
    IMO, going to the site can only help. Just because you felt it was useless, it may not be for others.
    This is my opinion, it helped me, so go to the CPAT course. The training at the ROCK is good, but the scenery is nothing like the one in LIC. Go, get a visual of the lines on the ground, get use to where you are supposed to go after each evolution. It can only help!
    NycQ83 likes this.

Thread Information