Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    TBH I get better information about future classes from here than work.
    He does know the chief of personel. And I have a buddy who does as well. Both saying no May class. Just the scheduled July so far. Not that they are gonna stop hiring just the scheduled 2 classes/year.

And yea woman think the timed fst and run are unfair because fst never used to be timed before. That's a new thing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I'm the same way. I got ****ed on CFR as well. Did 3-11 every time. There isn't any way around being screwed on Thursday. Bring lunch or buy the **** sandwiches they offer. A popular stop in my class was Cherry Valley in Whitestone. Suck it up and deal with the lack of sleep on Thursday. Inevitably someone in your company will be late or complain about the late night/early morning situation and the DIs will handle accordingly.

I believe they take issue with FST and the 1.5 mile run.

It's Wednesday and he's asking about afternoon CFR… probably has CFR.

Unless your mentor is or knows the chief of personnel I don't know if I'd believe that. There's no indication that they would all of sudden stop hiring. The overtime isn't going away on it's own.

Pretty sure the money is the fee that the FBI or somebody charges them to submit your prints to their database. Your prints have to be submitted again so gotta pay the fee again.
    Good ole cherry valley lolol that's right in my neck of the woods
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

a retired guy very confidently told me upto 1400 are going into july, and the ratio will increase slightly as the list goes on
    FdnytolifeE293 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    The women's group is suing the fire department because they are saying it's to hard and there's not enough women on the job. A couple of articles came out this past week about it.

i have no words. after 6019, i don't know if i'm willing to wait through another 4-5 years of bullchit litigation and a hiring freeze.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    He does know the chief of personel. And I have a buddy who does as well. Both saying no May class. Just the scheduled July so far. Not that they are gonna stop hiring just the scheduled 2 classes/year.

And yea woman think the timed fst and run are unfair because fst never used to be timed before. That's a new thing.
    I misread your post and thought you said there wasn't going to be another class in July, not "there won't be another before". Totally different meanings.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnnyb0y View Post
    i have no words. after 6019, i don't know if i'm willing to wait through another 4-5 years of bullchit litigation and a hiring freeze.
    If this list gets frozen or thrown out this time I'm pretty sure there won't be another age extension and I'll be screwed. It would be nuts to score over 100 and complete the entire background and everything twice and still not get on the job. Regardless I'll keep fighting for just because of how bad I want it but man that would be heartbreaking to go through again this close. I'm holding onto the mindset that there's no way a this lawsuit will move forward quick enough to shut down the next couple of classes. I have to hold onto some level of optimism at this point or I'll never get into or through the academy.

Forum Member

I still haven't seen anything concrete explaining their intention to sue, just the Merit Matters post saying they would.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

honestly i think the fdny timed fst is in response to the CPAT. Doesnt make it just or fair, im just saying that's what I think.

I may be wrong and correct me if I am, but didn't they start timing fst after the CPAT was put in place(aka after competitive physical)?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    If this list gets frozen or thrown out this time I'm pretty sure there won't be another age extension and I'll be screwed. It would be nuts to score over 100 and complete the entire background and everything twice and still not get on the job. Regardless I'll keep fighting for just because of how bad I want it but man that would be heartbreaking to go through again this close. I'm holding onto the mindset that there's no way a this lawsuit will move forward quick enough to shut down the next couple of classes. I have to hold onto some level of optimism at this point or I'll never get into or through the academy.
    Honestly I wouldn't worry about this holding up exam 2000 at all. There's no actual litigation yet and even after the Vulcans jumped on the the DoJ's lawsuit it took YEARS to finalize a verdict. I'd be more worried about a sudden economic collapse freezing this class than anything else and obviously that's unlikely.

Now maybe an exam or two down the road this might be a big issue or effect how they administer the physical aspects of hiring but I really hope people have more common sense about this than Garaufis had about the disparate impact.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

I think the next round of packets should go out about 6 months after the last batch which i think was in October? Maybe at some point in March or April they will go out, how high will they get?

Forum Member

*****STOP worrying about the UNITED WHINING FIREFIGHTERS group!*******

The DoJ and the Vulcan's were successful because they exploited a legal clause in 1960's era Civil Rights law. The legal jargon that made the 2043 exam invalid was actually written into law. Bulls h i t law, (and one that will certainly be changed someday) but law none-the-less.

The woman's group has far less to stand on. There are endless scientific studies that analyze metabolic output and what's necessary to fight a fire. Also, most lay-persons can agree that when they're in trouble, the stronger more fit fireman is the one they're hoping comes for them.

Lets just hope this gains as little traction as I hope it will.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    You must be right near me. Although I'm more of a gold tims guy myself haha.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    I haven't been there in a couple of years but I used to love Cherry Valley. DA Ugly was my go to sandwich.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    You must be right near me. Although I'm more of a gold tims guy myself haha.
    Haha yea were pretty close
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

has anyone started receiving notices for there CPAT yet?
    FDNY Exam 2000

List #: 15XX

Intake: completed 2/14
    Medical: 3/14
    CPAT: 3/14
    Psych: 4/14
    Run: ?hopefully soon?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    I heard that the Smurfs are suing the city now because firefighters shouldn't have to read, pass a physical test, or exist to be hired.
    What about sleepy and lazy smurf? we have to accommodate them and change some rules.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Prosc15 View Post
    has anyone started receiving notices for there CPAT yet?
    I haven't as of yet. Thought I would've got one by this week. We'll probably start seeing them in the mail in a couple weeks.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    I haven't as of yet. Thought I would've got one by this week. We'll probably start seeing them in the mail in a couple weeks.
    For which class? and what number class would that be? 4th class?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Honestly I wouldn't worry about this holding up exam 2000 at all. There's no actual litigation yet and even after the Vulcans jumped on the the DoJ's lawsuit it took YEARS to finalize a verdict. I'd be more worried about a sudden economic collapse freezing this class than anything else and obviously that's unlikely.

Now maybe an exam or two down the road this might be a big issue or effect how they administer the physical aspects of hiring but I really hope people have more common sense about this than Garaufis had about the disparate impact.
    Yea I was gonna say something similar. I feel like the city is very slow with this type of stuff. By the time anyone sees any serious actions with this going forward (IF it even gets that far), it will be 2017 and no one on this list will be effected whatsoever lol.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    I remember my first official CPAT date was a week or two after my last CPAT practice at the Rock. Not sure if it's always like that for everyone, but that's my experience.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Lets go USA! Time to show those maple syrup drinkers whats up!
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Hey all. Just got back from my intake. I was in the first five there and thusly got out early as well. A few pointers for those who have not done it as of yet. First off get there early, bring as much if the paperwork as you can and make copies prior too getting there. They require originals so make sure you have those. They will work with you on residency credits (as long as you have documents) I'm mostly talking to the military guys here - official college transcripts in lieu of W2's and other such things are acceptable (at least according to Peggy Quinn and my investigator). Don't forget the 75$ Monet order, they can take the finger prints at a later time I suppose but why postpone anything. Have the info on your references on hand - be honest on your paperwork. INTERGRITY!!! The only thing I am missing is an official copy of my H.S transcripts. Oh, yeah and the word on the street is 2015 for us. I'm sitting in the 15##'s by the way. Be good all.

Forum Member

What month/year was the list from the 2012 exam officially activated?

Forum Member

Lets go USA! Time to show those maple syrup drinkers whats up!
    ........ Dang!
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

........ Dang!
    Heartbreaking dude

Thread Information