Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 767 of 1024 FirstFirst ... 267667717757764765766767768769770777817867 ... LastLast
Results 15,321 to 15,340 of 20477
Like Tree7772Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

I haven't received anything else in the mail besides cpat. Not even that protest thing lol.

I will get more details about his packet tonight and let you know. I hope it's true bc that'll be good news all around.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014

Forum Member

I hope your friend did get his packet, because that's good news for everyone all around if the packets are going out to the 2000's

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    My gym buddy told me he got his packet today. He is in the 2200s. I will see him at the gym tonight for more details. Anybody else in that range get anything?
    I'm 26xx I hope this is true. Find out all the info please

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone who passed the cpat today. Now I'm all done and just waiting for the run. Whether it be January or July I can't complain. Lol
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    I'm 26xx I hope this is true. Find out all the info please

He probably got his packet from "Better Homes & Gardens" about fabulous autumn planting ideas in preparation for spring, and this guy is mistaking what he said.

Not that I know anything about that...
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 18xx

Forum Member

My gym buddy told me he got his packet today. He is in the 2200s. I will see him at the gym tonight for more details. Anybody else in that range get anything?
    As much as I'd love this to be true I'm banking on your friend being mistaken. At the intake interview they're telling everyone over list # 1000 theres no chance for January. Starting to process the 101's would be awesome but with less than 3 months till academy start date it almost doesn't seem like enough time. Again, no way to know till it happens and I'm sure every person on this forum wishes this was true.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    As much as I'd love this to be true I'm banking on your friend being mistaken. At the intake interview they're telling everyone over list # 1000 theres no chance for January. Starting to process the 101's would be awesome but with less than 3 months till academy start date it almost doesn't seem like enough time. Again, no way to know till it happens and I'm sure every person on this forum wishes this was true.
    Let's hope and see what he says about his gym friend.

Forum Member

I am in the late 900's and have not received a medical exam letter yet. Should I be worried about it yet?
    My CPAT is Thursday.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    they are processing so many people now who wont even be in the January 2014 class that it seems unlikely they'd start processing more at this point... but I hope for the best.

Forum Member

Is it possible that Maybe if they did send packets out it could mean their just starting the process for following class after January and July?

Forum Member

I was originally told by two of my brother in laws who are on the job that I should think January 2015, this was back when we first got our results.

Forum Member

It's highly possible his friend was either playing around or incorrect. A guy getting something in the 2200s before anyone else in the 1400s and so on seems unlikely. Then again I don't know but I'm sure more people in the high thousands on here would have been getting things.

Forum Member

My friend's dad called him while at work and told him his packet came in. My friend, in turn called me to tell me. Unfortunately, he went home to be disappointed bc it was actually my reference letter in the mail, not his packet. I'm sorry to get everyone's hopes up. He is not someone to joke about something like that and he was pretty disappointed bc his dad told him the wrong thing. I'm sorry for the confusion. I really feel bad if I got some people's hopes up, but I was just as excited to hear it as you guys were and wanted to share it.

But this brings up another question. I could swear that the guys on the forum were saying that they only send out the reference letters at the last minute. Does that mean that they are blowing through the list numbers faster than expected?

Forum Member

My friend's dad called him while at work and told him his packet came in. My friend, in turn called me to tell me. Unfortunately, he went home to be disappointed bc it was actually my reference letter in the mail, not his packet. I'm sorry to get everyone's hopes up. He is not someone to joke about something like that and he was pretty disappointed bc his dad told him the wrong thing. I'm sorry for the confusion. I really feel bad if I got some people's hopes up, but I was just as excited to hear it as you guys were and wanted to share it.

But this brings up another question. I could swear that the guys on the forum were saying that they only send out the reference letters at the last minute. Does that mean that they are blowing through the list numbers faster than expected?
    Depends on your investigator, some send them out right away and some wait to the last minute.

Forum Member

That's pretty good that your reference letters went out. I didn't hear from my co-workers that they got my reference letters.

I think the 2000's will be January 2015-july 2015.

From the hiring processes I've been through, I like what FDNY is doing. (I can be wrong) but it seems like they are only calling candidates that they are actually anticipating hiring within the next year. Other departments believe it or not, start processing people who in turn don't get called until a couple of years (happened to me). The way FDNY is pacing now, when they call you to process it seems like you'll miss 1 class at most and then be in the next 1. So anybody processing now in my opinion will most likely be july 14, and those not july 14 will be January 2014.

Forum Member

No sweat, appreciate the effort though

Forum Member

My investigator must be on the ball, then, bc I called today to schedule a day to bring the last couple of papers he needed and he answered the phone during the first ring. I. Was. Shocked. I've been reading about some of the hard-to-reach investigators you guys have had so I was totally expecting an answering machine lol
    vekdoggs75 and JDNY13 like this.

Forum Member

I gotta say, when I went through the investigation process, my investigator always answered the phone, always. I was very fortunate to have him as my investigator......

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Depends on your investigator, some send them out right away and some wait to the last minute.
    I hope you're right. I called my investigator today in hopes of any updates. No answer...again...

My reference letters have not been sent out yet. After asking if I should be checking in weekly to see if the reference letters will be sent out I was asked to NOT contact my investigator because he/she is getting more candidates and will be conducting a lot of interviews and may not have time for phone calls.

In order to reach my investigator after 5 missed calls, I eventually called CID and was told he/she was on lunch break.

I was told (by a close friend on the job) to go down to metrotech and see if I could speak to Mrs. Quinn about my situation. It seems that the rest of you are having a cake walk of a time contacting/ getting info from your investigators. God help me if there's a "How'd we do" survey after all of this is done.

Any advice? Is going directly to metrotech too drastic? Will it be a waste of time? I am seriously loosing sleep over how uninterested my investigator is in whether or not I get this job.

EDIT: And is there anyone around my list number who also haven't had their references contacted yet? How are you going about the situation?
    Exam # - 2000
    Score - 103
    List # - 4XX

Forum Member

So they sent out reference letters up to the 1100s?
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Thread Information