Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 768 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 268668718758765766767768769770771778818868 ... LastLast
Results 15,341 to 15,360 of 24116
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    So they sent out reference letters up to the 1100s?
    As others have said, there really is no standard way of them sending out letters, I'm in the 100's and my letters just got sent out like 3 weeks ago, while guys in the 300's were sent out like 4-5 months ago. It's all up to your own investigator.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I hope you're right. I called my investigator today in hopes of any updates. No answer...again...

My reference letters have not been sent out yet. After asking if I should be checking in weekly to see if the reference letters will be sent out I was asked to NOT contact my investigator because he/she is getting more candidates and will be conducting a lot of interviews and may not have time for phone calls.

In order to reach my investigator after 5 missed calls, I eventually called CID and was told he/she was on lunch break.

I was told (by a close friend on the job) to go down to metrotech and see if I could speak to Mrs. Quinn about my situation. It seems that the rest of you are having a cake walk of a time contacting/ getting info from your investigators. God help me if there's a "How'd we do" survey after all of this is done.

Any advice? Is going directly to metrotech too drastic? Will it be a waste of time? I am seriously loosing sleep over how uninterested my investigator is in whether or not I get this job.

EDIT: And is there anyone around my list number who also haven't had their references contacted yet? How are you going about the situation?
    It seems like investigators are night and day. Speaking to a guy during CPAT practice, during his initial investigation he actually asked to and spoke to the supervisor about how his investigator was treating him.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Since on the topic of investigators, I still have to bring my investigator a couple of pieces of paperwork, has anyone had any luck sending it by e-mail and regular mail when sending additional paperwork ? I don't want to take a day off from work if I don't have to.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Since on the topic of investigators, I still have to bring my investigator a couple of pieces of paperwork, has anyone had any luck sending it by e-mail and regular mail when sending additional paperwork ? I don't want to take a day off from work if I don't have to.
    I've emailed and faxed the paperwork I was missing to my investigator. I called a week later just to make sure he recieved it and that I was all squared away and he said he got it all and I haven't heard from him since. If your gonna fax or email just follow up with them and make sure they got it and it's sufficient otherwise you'll never hear a thing about it.
    John246 likes this.

Forum Member

I hope you're right. I called my investigator today in hopes of any updates. No answer...again...

My reference letters have not been sent out yet. After asking if I should be checking in weekly to see if the reference letters will be sent out I was asked to NOT contact my investigator because he/she is getting more candidates and will be conducting a lot of interviews and may not have time for phone calls.

In order to reach my investigator after 5 missed calls, I eventually called CID and was told he/she was on lunch break.

I was told (by a close friend on the job) to go down to metrotech and see if I could speak to Mrs. Quinn about my situation. It seems that the rest of you are having a cake walk of a time contacting/ getting info from your investigators. God help me if there's a "How'd we do" survey after all of this is done.

Any advice? Is going directly to metrotech too drastic? Will it be a waste of time? I am seriously loosing sleep over how uninterested my investigator is in whether or not I get this job.

EDIT: And is there anyone around my list number who also haven't had their references contacted yet? How are you going about the situation?
    I think maybe it's too drastic. I see your 400s which means you'll be January im guessing.. Did you give the investigator everything he needs? if so, then don't worry. I called to follow up with my investigator, and although I don't have any confidence in her at all, she told me point blankly "I have everything if something should come up that I need, i'll call you".

So I leave it at that and I don't call her. I want the job, but I know I gave everything I possibly could of, and the investigator told me she'll call me if she needs me, so im not gonna burn myself out trying to contact her repeatedly.

My friend who is 200ish on the list, told me he completed everything, and he hasn't heard from his investigator since march. He said he tried calling a few times but had no luck. He also said his investigator told him same thing that he/she will contact him if anything more is needed.

And I don't think reference letters are really that big of a deal. I don't think a reference letter NOT getting sent out is going to stop you from getting a career if everything else checked out for you. What if they send reference letters out and the people who receive them never send them back? that means because of that you wont get hired?

If your investigator isn't answering you, leave a voice mail, AND send an email. the investigator doesn't respond? no biggie, now you have your phone records showing all the times you called, and the emails you sent to dispute why your not getting in because of your crappy investigator. Now its time to lawyer up.

My current job that I have, the investigator told me the same thing, that she has everything and she'll be in contact if anything further comes up. Yeah I still called and she told me the same thing that everything was good and she'll call me, so finally I left it at that. And then guess what, she did call me when she needed 1 final thing, and it was all done after.

Just chill out and don't worry.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    Mine basically said in a nutshell, "Wait until you have retrieved everything, and we'll set up an appointment." I am going to try and send him PDFs of some stuff and see if it works anyways.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DedicatedAmbition View Post
    I've emailed and faxed the paperwork I was missing to my investigator. I called a week later just to make sure he recieved it and that I was all squared away and he said he got it all and I haven't heard from him since. If your gonna fax or email just follow up with them and make sure they got it and it's sufficient otherwise you'll never hear a thing about it.
    I did the same exact thing it this seemed to be fine. Make sure you CALL and follow up though because when you fax something, I think its the same fax that all the investigators use, so just call to make sure your investigator got it and that it didn't get lost in the shuffle

Forum Member

Yes 2xx and as far as I know, and I would know, mine haven't been sent out yet. I confirmed in July all my paperwork was done.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    Yes 2xx and as far as I know, and I would know, mine haven't been sent out yet. I confirmed in July all my paperwork was done.
    I think you guys should contact CID or your investigators or something.

I'm in the 200's and my references and employers received their letters back in june.
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

Can anyone confirm this. After reading the noe for fdny promotional exam 2500, it states you need to have EMT civil service status to take the promotional exam and you need to have 2 years in order to be promoted. So this means that if I have only been an EMT for one day with civil service status I can still take the ff promotional exam but I need 2 years in order to make it into the academy. Correct? I know 2500 passed I'm referring to the next promo whenever that maybe.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    1st off I don't feel wishy washy about leaving my job at all for FD. 2nd off, I don't know about what job you had before FD, but when your leaving a CAREER that you passed probation and are a permanent employee, a CAREER that you need to support your house hold, to start an academy all over again, be on probation all over again, and can potentially fail out and go from career to no job, you have to factor things in.

Those extra 6 months is the difference between being on probation still and being a permanent hire at my current job.

Maybe you live at home with your parents still, I don't, so the longer FD takes to call me, the more of a gamble it is to leave a permanent career.

Getting off probation when your supporting yourself, is a HUGE weight off your shoulders.
    Ok career guy, I guess your the first guy leaving a career to join fdny. Everyone has a right to protest whatever the hell they want to protest, its out of your hands. If they are successful with a protest then they deserve to get credit for it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cody111 View Post
    Can anyone confirm this. After reading the noe for fdny promotional exam 2500, it states you need to have EMT civil service status to take the promotional exam and you need to have 2 years in order to be promoted. So this means that if I have only been an EMT for one day with civil service status I can still take the ff promotional exam but I need 2 years in order to make it into the academy. Correct? I know 2500 passed I'm referring to the next promo whenever that maybe.
    I would read the NOE again. From the promotional exams I've scene, you usually need to have a certain amount of time on the job just to take the exam. At my job you need 2 years on the job just to take the promotional exam.. I know a girl who is EMS, and she's on list 2000, so I asked her why she didn't take the promotional exam and she told e she didn't have enough time on the job to be on the promotional exam. She's been EMS I'd say around close to 2 years now.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by LongCut View Post
    Ok career guy, I guess your the first guy leaving a career to join fdny. Everyone has a right to protest whatever the hell they want to protest, its out of your hands. If they are successful with a protest then they deserve to get credit for it.
    im not.. that was just my explanation of why i'd rather get hired sooner than later.

Ok my bad, I didn't remember anything to protest on this exam. but again to each is own.

Forum Member

You only need one day on the job to take the ems promo as long as your civil service status.

2 years on the job to enter the academy.

She probably got in right after the test was given.

Forum Member

im not.. that was just my explanation of why i'd rather get hired sooner than later.

Ok my bad, I didn't remember anything to protest on this exam. but again to each is own.
    So let see .. On the test the last section

How many times you get complimented by your supervisor or ppl in general for doing a good job ?
    A. More than five time a week
    b. Two to three times a week
    C. One time a week

What would you answer ?
    I remember you mention something about how you not happy about your supervisors or your whole job ... And I know inmates not complimenting you ..

Forum Member

I'm interested to see what effect our new progressive mayor will have on the hiring process.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I'm interested to see what effect our new progressive mayor will have on the hiring process.
    Let's hope for the 5 man .. And for an extension on the life of 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    So let see .. On the test the last section

How many times you get complimented by your supervisor or ppl in general for doing a good job ?
    A. More than five time a week
    b. Two to three times a week
    C. One time a week

What would you answer ?
    I remember you mention something about how you not happy about your supervisors or your whole job ... And I know inmates not complimenting you ..
    ok just answer the question.. how many points was this question worth? I answered the question honestly, and why am I here getting called for the job? whats the big deal with this question?

And honestly what people do like my job lol no1 does, its just a good way to make a good income that's about it. And inmates in a way do compliment you, when they tell you you do your job too much and you notice that they never pull their crap when your there, they wait until the next guy is there cuz they know your not the 1 they can get away with it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    he will add more priority hires and make it harder for the OC guys to get in
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

he will add more priority hires and make it harder for the OC guys to get in
    Unfortunately I'm fearing the same thing.

Thread Information