Like Tree11346Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

If it was me, I wouldn't say anything unless they ask. I just went through my interview and had to tell him about a Speeding ticket i got back in 2012, it didn't seem to bother him that much. Honestly, either way I don't think it will screw you if you did tell him, but if he/she doesn't ask you again then you're not lying to him/her.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified
    Psych- Taken. No news = Good news?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    If it was me, I wouldn't say anything unless they ask. I just went through my interview and had to tell him about a Speeding ticket i got back in 2012, it didn't seem to bother him that much. Honestly, either way I don't think it will screw you if you did tell him, but if he/she doesn't ask you again then you're not lying to him/her.
    You have to disclose every speeding ticket you ever received? im going on 2 but both from back in 2011 lol

Forum Member

From what I understand about the intake packet and investigation process it does state somewhere within the documents that if there are any changes or events that occur regarding the info you reported then you have to notify your investigator. Since you do have to report speeding tickets this new one also needs to be reported by my understanding. However, if you are fighting it and not just accepting the ticket I'd wait till there was a final resolution on it. Honestly, when I went through the process back on 6019 I had multiple speeding tickets and it was not an issue. I just had to write a letter explaining what occurred and get it notarized. I wouldn't just not say anything just because they can consider that omitting info and that can lead to being dq'ed. Best of luck bro.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Britches View Post
    Actually in a way you are lying to them. You sign that you will disclose anything and that you need to update them on any changes and anything new. I think he's better off telling them.. Why lie and hide it.

Forum Member

Only way I wouldn't tell them is if you got pulled over like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLLb5_YN3j4
    sffdnyhopeful09 likes this.

Forum Member

How are people in 800s not in class yet.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    How are people in 800s not in class yet.
    Simple....they haven't reached their list number yet lol
    vekdoggs75 and Medic2312 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    From what I understand about the intake packet and investigation process it does state somewhere within the documents that if there are any changes or events that occur regarding the info you reported then you have to notify your investigator. Since you do have to report speeding tickets this new one also needs to be reported by my understanding. However, if you are fighting it and not just accepting the ticket I'd wait till there was a final resolution on it. Honestly, when I went through the process back on 6019 I had multiple speeding tickets and it was not an issue. I just had to write a letter explaining what occurred and get it notarized. I wouldn't just not say anything just because they can consider that omitting info and that can lead to being dq'ed. Best of luck bro.
    Yea, once I find out the final result, I'll just email my investigator. I wanted to fight it, but my dad was telling me to just pay bc if I fight it and lose, it will look worse and fine will be higher. Blah.. I'm gonna figure it out quick. Thank you all for the input. I really appreciate it.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Praying_Patiently View Post
    You have to disclose every speeding ticket you ever received? im going on 2 but both from back in 2011 lol
    They either ask for, or will get a copy of your drivers abstract and my ticket was on there so I figured i had to tell them because if I didn't tell him and he found out it would be a lot worse.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Actually in a way you are lying to them. You sign that you will disclose anything and that you need to update them on any changes and anything new. I think he's better off telling them.. Why lie and hide it.
    You're right. I forgot that the packet stated if any information changed then you should contact your investigator. Since that is the case I would let them know what happened.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified

Forum Member

Does anyone have blank copies of pages 1-4 from the CPD-B packet that can be emailed? If so, please PM me. Thanks
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    Does anyone have blank copies of pages 1-4 from the CPD-B packet that can be emailed? If so, please PM me. Thanks
    when you go for your intake they have blanks of all the pages and you can fill out while your waiting. youll have time
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    when you go for your intake they have blanks of all the pages and you can fill out while your waiting. youll have time
    If no one can provide me with a copy before my intake, I'll have to do that then. I would rather go in with it already filled out though. Thanks for the heads up.
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    If no one can provide me with a copy before my intake, I'll have to do that then. I would rather go in with it already filled out though. Thanks for the heads up.
    When is your intake? I can give you a copy in the first week of march.
    Exam: 2000
    List #: 20xx

Forum Member

Guys real quick if you could (once again). My recent driving abstract shows nothing. However, I was digging around in some old papers I have stashed away, and I saw an old abstract I ordered for 6019. It shows a cellphone ticket from '06. I also found something showing that I got a seatbelt ticket around that same time. Should I go ahead and disclose this, even though there's nothing on my current abstract?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Guys real quick if you could (once again). My recent driving abstract shows nothing. However, I was digging around in some old papers I have stashed away, and I saw an old abstract I ordered for 6019. It shows a cellphone ticket from '06. I also found something showing that I got a seatbelt ticket around that same time. Should I go ahead and disclose this, even though there's nothing on my current abstract?
    Did you go through the background investigation for 6019? If you did, I'd disclose it. What's the worse they'll do? It's just a traffic violation bro.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Did you go through the background investigation for 6019? If you did, I'd disclose it. What's the worse they'll do? It's just a traffic violation bro.

They put a stop to hiring literally a few spots before I was gonna go in for processing. So nah.

I'm gonna disclose both of them though I just decided. Who the hell hasn't gotten tickets in their lives? I guess I recall some people on here saying that their investigators told them it wasn't necessary to bring up old violations like that from so long ago that are not on record anymore. Or maybe I dreamt that. I dunno. Thanks for the response anyway, man...

Forum Member

They put a stop to hiring literally a few spots before I was gonna go in for processing. So nah.

I'm gonna disclose both of them though I just decided. Who the hell hasn't gotten tickets in their lives? I guess I recall some people on here saying that their investigators told them it wasn't necessary to bring up old violations like that from so long ago that are not on record anymore. Or maybe I dreamt that. I dunno. Thanks for the response anyway, man...
    Yea, traffic violations mean nothing as long as you've paid them off or have gone to court. I mean, the most you'll get is points unless you act a fool and get collared. I had 2 traffic violations back in 2011; failure to signal and failure to obey traffic dev. Total nonsense, but I didn't want to waste my time going to court so I paid them off. So don't stress it, bro.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Got an effing speeding ticket in the way home. First one ever. My record is, or should I say was, completely clean. Do I have to tell my investigator? Am I screwed? Any info to help make me feel a little better about myself is welcome. Thanks.
    In the packet it states you must list "any traffic conviction or pending charges." I would let your investigator know so he/she can update your packet since you haven't been convicted yet or whether you are fighting the ticket or not it's still a pending charge.

Forum Member

Thanks for the quick replies My1Goal...
    My1Goal likes this.

Forum Member

My abstract from 6019 was terrible because of a few issues I had with the DMV and some of my own doing. I disclosed everything again this time around even though my current abstract was completely clean. My investigator didn't care at all about the old stuff since it was no longer on the abstract. I'd disclose it just to be safe but like I said they won't care anyway. Good luck bro.
    My1Goal likes this.
    Exam 6019
    List #11**

Exam 2000
    List #14**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    My abstract from 6019 was terrible because of a few issues I had with the DMV and some of my own doing. I disclosed everything again this time around even though my current abstract was completely clean. My investigator didn't care at all about the old stuff since it was no longer on the abstract. I'd disclose it just to be safe but like I said they won't care anyway. Good luck bro.
    Yeah, will do. Thanks man...

Forum Member

Thanks for the quick replies My1Goal...
    No problemo, bro. We're around the same list# so I hope to see you in the academy. Gotta stick together brother!
    roadrunner09 and jimmyc1220 like this.

Forum Member

Anyone with the potential to be in the July class live in Brooklyn near Lincoln rd and Ocean ave? East central prospect park area.

Thinking about car pools already.

Forum Member

was just thinking, there are no more EMS and PHs left for this up coming class, correct? (besides for any that may be recycles)

Thread Information