Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 77 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 276774757677787980871271775771077 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 23118
Like Tree9068Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Took the exam today. Will stay away from specifics, but to reiterate what was suggested by the Vulcans, the prep session, and Don McNea - study the videos closely and take notes. Also take all of the time allotted, don't rush through it. If you have extra time, USE IT.

Also, I have the Prep Guide from Don McNea. Its nearly identical to the Vulcan books, just more info. It wouldn't be right for me to distribute it widely, but the one copy I printed of it is up for grabs - whoever wants to come pick it up in Long Island City is welcome to it. First to PM me gets it.

Lastly - anyone who has taken the exam already, what did PSI tell you about getting your scores? They told me I'd be able to get my raw score in a day or so (!!!) but that final test scores (and maybe list number?) won't be available until May 11th. Does this ring a bell for anyone else? Has anyone else actually gotten their raw scores yet?

PS - anyone else who took 6019 will be relieved to know that this exam process was NOTHING compared to the $h!tshow that it was back in 2007. God, this was such a painless process compared to that.

Thanks, and good luck to are still waiting to take the test. Stay focused.

Forum Member

Hello all, my first post.
    Wouldn't it be ironic if in the future this " judge " has a fire at his house and all of the old 6019 test takers respond to the fire. I don't think he would mind what color we are at that point now would he.
    I understand all of bull**** my friends. I too was a 6019er. At the end of the day we just chalk it up as experience and see what this test brings us right? What's meant to be is what's meant to be. Things happen for a reason and at least we all have our family, or our healthy, or hopefully both.
    With that being said I also noticed at my test of about 150 people I only saw about 8 non whites. This goes to show you that regardless of race color creed or religion the ones of us who want this **** show face. Those of us who paid for the test are actually showing up.

Forum Member

i believe the physical should be based on a grade also.. rather than "pass/fail".. if you finish the course you obviously pass, and if you finish the course the fastest you get a higher grade.. why isn't it like this?

then based on both grades (written, physical) move on to the next level..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by nycthirteen View Post

Lastly - anyone who has taken the exam already, what did PSI tell you about getting your scores? They told me I'd be able to get my raw score in a day or so (!!!) but that final test scores (and maybe list number?) won't be available until May 11th. Does this ring a bell for anyone else? Has anyone else actually gotten their raw scores yet?
    Whaaat??? No way I didn't hear that at all. I took mine almost a week ago, didn't get anything back. Did they say how you were getting the results? Through e-mail? Through their website? In the mail?

Forum Member

When I asked the guy on the way out he said as far as he knew no scores would be out until the testing period was over. Sounds pretty logical to me.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelo_D View Post
    Whaaat??? No way I didn't hear that at all. I took mine almost a week ago, didn't get anything back. Did they say how you were getting the results? Through e-mail? Through their website? In the mail?
    Yeah - okay. Fair enough. i'll just chalk it up to a proctor who didn't really know what they were talking about. They mentioned something generic about checking with PSI, but I can't imagine raw scores, much less list numbers, coming out until the summer at the least. I'll just wait it out. This many years in, another month or two isn't gonna kill me.

Forum Member

Yeah the guy told me after 24 hours we could get our scores. Total BS.

Forum Member

We have to at least know how many we got right/wrong by the start of the protest/review period (May 11). Otherwise how will we know which questions to even review for protest? They could always not tell us how much each question was worth though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    We have to at least know how many we got right/wrong by the start of the protest/review period (May 11). Otherwise how will we know which questions to even review for protest? They could always not tell us how much each question was worth though.
    That's a good point.

Forum Member

I apologize if this has already been answered, but since the test registration period has come and gone for 2012 (in January, correct?), when is the next test registration period? Is it really 4 years?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by Urban0627 View Post
    I apologize if this has already been answered, but since the test registration period has come and gone for 2012 (in January, correct?), when is the next test registration period? Is it really 4 years?
    Registration was from July thru Sept. 2011, with the Testing period between March to May. Usually a list with FDNY is established and valid for 4 years. Given that the next registration period would be summer of 2015 with the test being administered beginning in early 2016.

Forum Member

just spoke to my friend who took the test this morning. He said there were no black people at his location (that he saw), and more than half of the guys there were terribly out of shape. He said the instructor had no idea whether or not we would find out our score by May 11th also.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

just spoke to my friend who took the test this morning. He said there were no black people at his location (that he saw), and more than half of the guys there were terribly out of shape. He said the instructor had no idea whether or not we would find out our score by May 11th also.
    That's funny my friend told me the same exact thing. He told me that he's fat and out is shape himself but these guys were even bigger than him.

Forum Member

HopefullFF, you need to clean out your inbox buddy. I tried responding back to you but you've gotta do that first.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    HopefullFF, you need to clean out your inbox buddy. I tried responding back to you but you've gotta do that first.

Sorry. I was trying to empty out my toilet bowl with a bucket and a cup. Should be good now.

Forum Member

Sorry. I was trying to empty out my toilet bowl with a bucket and a cup. Should be good now.
    I see what you did there...

Forum Member

can someone tell me which don mcnea book I should get... I see several different ones

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by zachryw2001 View Post
    Registration was from July thru Sept. 2011, with the Testing period between March to May. Usually a list with FDNY is established and valid for 4 years. Given that the next registration period would be summer of 2015 with the test being administered beginning in early 2016.
    Correct, but it depends when this list gets established. I feel the game coming with this test too. Once everyone is done taking the exam the judge is going to have to go over every single variation of the test and then rule if it's fair. So hopefully that's sooner or later because I know we're all jaded and this seems like its gonna be a **** show.

Anyone know whats up with the veterans preference? What I mean is at the end of the test they give you another oppurtunity to claim NYC residency but nothing is mentioned about Vets credits. I signed up for both when I signed up to take the exam so I should be good but I didn't understand that move on their part.

Forum Member

I took the test on St. Patties at the Loft and there was a decent amount of people there but not what I was expecting. The line outside was maybe 12 people and once we got inside and registered my testing room probably had 8 people in it that had been there prior. The process was very smooth though, I was scheduled at noon but I got there early and was taking the test by 1130. It would really be terrible if the judge put the halt on this just because the people they want to take the test can't even show up for it. I flew from California to take this test because I want this job more than anything. It would suck to lose that opportunity because other people had "better" things to do on their test date.

Thread Information