Like Tree10460Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Yeah I only had a proteins shake before hand before I left home. by the last 90 minutes I felt mentally handicapped because my I was running on nothing.

Did any one else notice that they were the last one in the room? people left like 45 minutes earlier than me. I was the last one in my room. A FDNY member who works with me at another job said something funny a few weeks ago, " The first one to leave is the first one to Fail"
    It was hard to tell because they had people coming in well past the 12:00pm start.

Also PSI sent me another e-mail confirming my review session on May 12th. I know some people got e-mail with PSI canceling but I received a second confirmation e-mail.
    Last edited by TomFromQueens; 04-16-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Yeah I only had a proteins shake before hand before I left home. by the last 90 minutes I felt mentally handicapped because my I was running on nothing.

Did any one else notice that they were the last one in the room? people left like 45 minutes earlier than me. I was the last one in my room. A FDNY member who works with me at another job said something funny a few weeks ago, " The first one to leave is the first one to Fail"
    Yea, I was one of the last to leave too and the lady goes "wow you look pretty calm" and all i could think was well i wanna scream!!

Forum Member

Guys, I would be careful discussing anything regarding the test even after all testing is over. We affirmed on the NOE that we would not say anything about the test-there was no exception stated. Thats just my opinion. And with the litigation and everything surrounding this test, you can never be too careful.

Maybe someone can confirm either way, before we start talking about it on here.
    kocor321 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    Guys, I would be careful discussing anything regarding the test even after all testing is over. We affirmed on the NOE that we would not say anything about the test-there was no exception stated. Thats just my opinion. And with the litigation and everything surrounding this test, you can never be too careful.

Maybe someone can confirm either way, before we start talking about it on here.
    I don't recall anyone being that specific..I mean for the most part, everything mentioned on here was mentioned in the tutorial.

Forum Member

RIP Lt. Rich Nappi

Thoughts and prayers with the family

Forum Member

Just heard this as well.

RIP

Forum Member

Just read it on another forum. R.I.P. Is there anywhere I can read the story?

Took my test. There doesn't seem to be any room for protest. I will protest, however, the fact that at the end of my test, the results wouldn't send. After they got the connection to work, the proctor said "The test didn't remember the last 10 questions of my exam." What? Ok so I filled out the questions again and submitted successfully. My only question is, if it didn't remember my last 10 questions, how many other questions from other sections did it not remember? Should I call PSI and see what the business is before the exam closes? Thoughts?

Side note: If this is discussing the test, don't quote it, let me know, and I will delete it.
    Last edited by FDNYPD; 04-16-2012 at 08:39 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Just read it on another forum. R.I.P. Is there anywhere I can read the story?

Took my test. There doesn't seem to be any room for protest. I will protest, however, the fact that at the end of my test, the results wouldn't send. After they got the connection to work, the proctor said "The test didn't remember the last 10 questions of my exam." What? Ok so I filled out the questions again and submitted successfully. My only question is, if it didn't remember my last 10 questions, how many other questions from other sections did it not remember? Should I call PSI and see what the business is before the exam closes? Thoughts?

Side note: If this is discussing the test, don't quote it, let me know, and I will delete it.
    JMO, get the name of the proctor just in case they double check your protest...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong Bam...

From what I understand right out of the academy you go into an engine or a truck, probably based on your strengths in the academy. No doubt the instructors recommend what they think on your performance. But you also get to pick what companies you'd like to go too near the end of the academy...

Squads can't even be applied to unless you have like two years on and I believe rescues are 5. Thats probably even being generous. You need to come from busy companies and have some kind of trade experience...
    What's up guys. Hope everyone did well on their tests. You guys shouldn't be worrying about this yet, but I'll answer the question for you anyway. You do not get to pick what companies you want to go to out of the academy, unless you are a squad leader or someone with a "hook." It's usually a pool of 3 companies they get to choose from and it's not always guaranteed. The average joe gets to put down the burough they want to work in, but that might have changed now. We really don't know what they are going to to next with man power being so low. As far Rescues and squads you do not need any trade experience I don't know who told you that. It's really more about who you know getting into most SOC companies as you will learn if you are lucky enough to get on the job. I do believe you need at least 5 yrs for rescue and 2 for squad.

RIP Lt. Nappi

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Takethedoor174 View Post
    What's up guys. Hope everyone did well on their tests. You guys shouldn't be worrying about this yet, but I'll answer the question for you anyway. You do not get to pick what companies you want to go to out of the academy, unless you are a squad leader or someone with a "hook." It's usually a pool of 3 companies they get to choose from and it's not always guaranteed. The average joe gets to put down the burough they want to work in, but that might have changed now. We really don't know what they are going to to next with man power being so low. As far Rescues and squads you do not need any trade experience I don't know who told you that. It's really more about who you know getting into most SOC companies as you will learn if you are lucky enough to get on the job. I do believe you need at least 5 yrs for rescue and 2 for squad.

RIP Lt. Nappi
    Thanks for the clarification...

Forum Member

JMO, get the name of the proctor just in case they double check your protest...
    Knew I should have gotten her name. Easy enough to find out, I suppose. Not a huge testing facility.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

My deepest condolence goes to the nappi family.
    Rest in peace LT. Richard Nappi.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Knew I should have gotten her name. Easy enough to find out, I suppose. Not a huge testing facility.
    Absolutely, you can probably call em right up...good luck

Forum Member

Absolutely, you can probably call em right up...good luck
    Thank you!

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey guys, i know we're not discussing the test content until it's completely finished but can we discuss the grading process? Like X points awards for personality section, Y for reading comp, etc? If i remember correctly it was 1/3 of a point for the previous personality questions...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MZigross View Post
    Hey guys, i know we're not discussing the test content until it's completely finished but can we discuss the grading process? Like X points awards for personality section, Y for reading comp, etc? If i remember correctly it was 1/3 of a point for the previous personality questions...
    Can't really discuss the grading without giving away how to answer the questions. A few more weeks, hang in there.

Forum Member

I go this Thursday. I've been studying so long I've already gone through pretty much all of the city & vulcan hand out's twice. I'm kinda worried that with a few days left I don't have any last minute stuff to review. Or I'm just kinda nervous so I'm going to find anything to worry about....

Forum Member

i took the test yesterday and now iam trying to schedule my review on the psi site using the sheet they gave us when we left, but it keeps saying they cant locate my records everytime i put my social in the box. anyone else have this problem?

Forum Member

Rest Easy Lt. Nappi

May God Bless Your Family

Forum Member

I saw another member had that problem but I can't remember who he is. Can we file for review already or do we have to wait until testing is over?

Forum Member

RIP Lt. Nappi.

Your valor, sacrafice, hard work, and love of firefighting in general, is the reason why young men and women want a chance at the greatest job in the world.

May God bless and watch over your family, and may your spirit be granted eternal rest.

Forum Member

Weird,,,,, I remember Capt Paul Washington looked the judge and courtroom straight in the eye and told them that Firefighting was not dangerous and that firefighters do not go into burning buildings.......

yeah so ummmm,,, what would they say to the family of Lt Nappi????

Vulcans and judge just living in a different world.....fckin idiots.

Forum Member

If there is truth in the news report, your example is more fitting to explain the dangers of being overweight (he went into cardiac arrest after exiting). Not that firefighting doesn't come with it's own dangers but a bad ticker will get you just as fast... Don't use his death as some sort of platform to fight Washington. Let him rest in peace.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i took the test yesterday and now iam trying to schedule my review on the psi site using the sheet they gave us when we left, but it keeps saying they cant locate my records everytime i put my social in the box. anyone else have this problem?
    You have to wait 24hrs from the time you took the exam before you can schedule a review.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rush2000 View Post
    You have to wait 24hrs from the time you took the exam before you can schedule a review.
    i took the test sunday afternoon, now its tuesday morning and they are still saying they can not find my record...getting nervous, if anybody took the test at 210 joralemon in bk on sunday or after and was able to schedule a review please let me know
    Last edited by myles8683; 04-17-2012 at 10:04 AM.

Thread Information