Like Tree9874Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #19226
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    846

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    was just thinking, there are no more EMS and PHs left for this up coming class, correct? (besides for any that may be recycles)

    I think the EMS and PH list are exhausted now. From here on out, not counting recycles, everyone should be off the OC list.

  2. #19227
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Anyone with the potential to be in the July class live in Brooklyn near Lincoln rd and Ocean ave? East central prospect park area.

    Thinking about car pools already.
    Don't get too wrapped up or dedicate to anything. You could be in a different company than your car pool partner which means no more car pool. One of the first days they designate time to set up car pools. You'll find something.

  3. #19228
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    guys who have a shot at this next class- whats the next bit of info or contact we will get, whether it be for paper work, or some sort of info that gives us an idea that we might have a shot at this class? when do we expect to hear from our investigators or whoever?
    I got my run letter 3 days before my run lol. The last bit of paperwork you'll need will most likely be to prove recent residency. You must provide some document that shows you still live in the city (60 days recent I believe). They instructed we bring that with us to administration day. I would give your investigator a ring once a month just to keep updated (and mostly for piece of mind) but minus that expect it all to be very last minute. We all know how this process works by now; Expect nothing, be prepared for everything.

    To the CPAT guys that got to see our roll call; I hope it amps you up because it amps us up lol.

  4. #19229
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    32

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    was just thinking, there are no more EMS and PHs left for this up coming class, correct? (besides for any that may be recycles)
    There will still be EMS in future classes that didn't have enough time OTJ when the first few classes went in.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

  5. #19230
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    230

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I got my run letter 3 days before my run lol. The last bit of paperwork you'll need will most likely be to prove recent residency. You must provide some document that shows you still live in the city (60 days recent I believe). They instructed we bring that with us to administration day. I would give your investigator a ring once a month just to keep updated (and mostly for piece of mind) but minus that expect it all to be very last minute. We all know how this process works by now; Expect nothing, be prepared for everything.

    To the CPAT guys that got to see our roll call; I hope it amps you up because it amps us up lol.
    That was the second time I was able to see roll call at the CPAT training. I know from my perspective I'm completely amped up after watching it go down. A bit jealous too lol but I know my time is coming God willing.

  6. #19231
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    There will still be EMS in future classes that didn't have enough time OTJ when the first few classes went in.
    There shouldn't be. Those guys should have hit 2 years right before this recent class. I'm sure there's a few people on that list who may go, but it should be pretty much done.

  7. #19232
    MembersZone Subscriber

    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    59

    Default

    Question. I have been off for a while since I had to defer due to a broken ankle during the previous cpat round. I had received my cpat orientation on feb 4th and wondering when everyone is expecting the cpat testing to start? I know that the cpat test is usually after the rock classes but wasn't sure how many weeks they were into the cpat training classes.

  8. #19233
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    There shouldn't be. Those guys should have hit 2 years right before this recent class. I'm sure there's a few people on that list who may go, but it should be pretty much done.
    Yea that's what unthought also

  9. #19234
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    Is this garbage really starting up again?

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1702744

  10. #19235
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Is this garbage really starting up again?

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1702744
    I wouldn't worry too much about all this. This is the retrial the city got after the court of appeals overthrew Garaufis intentional discrimination ruling. The Vulcans are just trying to drum up publicity to make the city and FDNY look bad but I doubt their shenanigans will fly with this new judge.

    The Vulcans have done as much damage as they can as this point but that wont stop them from trying to make a sideshow of the retrial.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

  11. #19236
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Hey to those that passed the practice cpat on the first try, is it true that you don't have to come back and pass it again at the final cpat date? Just trying to confirm.Thanks!

  12. #19237
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    Two things:

    First, will someone please locate the rest of Al's neck. Man looks like he is two hat sizes away from a bobble head doll

    Secondly, wtf is the point of a retrial? What are they seeking to accomplish at this point that they haven't already?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  13. #19238
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    Is this garbage really starting up again?

    http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1702744
    Remember the city (and us) want a retrial. What the Vulcans say they're going to do is irrelevant because it's pretty clear they're going to make it a circus if allowed.

    Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Hey to those that passed the practice cpat on the first try, is it true that you don't have to come back and pass it again at the final cpat date? Just trying to confirm.Thanks!
    Yes. Each "practice" on the real course counts as a valid attempt at it.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

  14. #19239
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Thank you MM

  15. #19240
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    331

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Question. I have been off for a while since I had to defer due to a broken ankle during the previous cpat round. I had received my cpat orientation on feb 4th and wondering when everyone is expecting the cpat testing to start? I know that the cpat test is usually after the rock classes but wasn't sure how many weeks they were into the cpat training classes.
    We are in week 5 of 9 training prep courses at the Rock. The last prep course is the week of 3/24. As of yet, I haven't seen anyone in the 101s post anything about receiving the CPAT time trials for DCAS.

  16. #19241
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    MM what is a retrial really going to change tho? That is my question. "Damage" has been done. And the city was cleared of discrimination.

  17. #19242
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    We are in week 5 of 9 training prep courses at the Rock. The last prep course is the week of 3/24. As of yet, I haven't seen anyone in the 101s post anything about receiving the CPAT time trials for DCAS.

    Just curious, what time does this prep course run? And this 9 week training program is in order to be prepared for the CPAT??? This is the first time i heard of a 9 week program to help train for the CPAT...how many days a week and how long is each session?

  18. #19243
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Praying_Patiently View Post
    Just curious, what time does this prep course run? And this 9 week training program is in order to be prepared for the CPAT??? This is the first time i heard of a 9 week program to help train for the CPAT...how many days a week and how long is each session?
    The information for when and where the prep course occurs is sent out as they progress to your list number. The days run from Monday - Thursday evenings and twice on Saturday. It's beneficial to attend as many as possible as the FD instructors (fitness unit) are able to demonstrate techniques that will cut valuable seconds to minutes off your time. When you get your CPAT letter from DCAS the FDNY will send out a letter as well. Good luck.

  19. #19244
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    792

    Default

    What happens again if you fail the stairs the 2nd time?

  20. #19245
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    The information for when and where the prep course occurs is sent out as they progress to your list number. The days run from Monday - Thursday evenings and twice on Saturday. It's beneficial to attend as many as possible as the FD instructors (fitness unit) are able to demonstrate techniques that will cut valuable seconds to minutes off your time. When you get your CPAT letter from DCAS the FDNY will send out a letter as well. Good luck.
    Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Yea i was just wondering only casue 9 week course to prepare sounded like a lot, but this is the optional training every was referring to in the past. I would deff make as many as possible if i ever get a shot lol

  21. #19246
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    MM what is a retrial really going to change tho? That is my question. "Damage" has been done. And the city was cleared of discrimination.
    Where did you see anything about them being cleared of discrimination? Far as I remember the city wants to fight the charge of intentional discrimination against minorities. I don't believe they're trying to fight the charges of unintentional discrimination, and that's probably what the priority hires are attached to. If I had to guess I'd say they aren't going to bother fighting the priority hire decision because that could screw up the hiring process again.

    I think if the city can get a new judge to agree that they didn't intentionally discriminate they can get rid of the court appointed monitor and clear their name.

    Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    The information for when and where the prep course occurs is sent out as they progress to your list number. The days run from Monday - Thursday evenings and twice on Saturday. It's beneficial to attend as many as possible as the FD instructors (fitness unit) are able to demonstrate techniques that will cut valuable seconds to minutes off your time. When you get your CPAT letter from DCAS the FDNY will send out a letter as well. Good luck.
    Also worth mentioning the fitness instructors at CPAT training are the fitness instructors that train probies in the academy. You will learn a lot about what the workouts are like in the academy if you go to as many of those sessions as possible. I skipped out on most of them because it was difficult for me to get to the rock and I regretted it in the academy. Take all the help you can! The academy is going to be tougher than you expect it to be, I think everyone on here who has made it in the front gates will agree.

    Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    What happens again if you fail the stairs the 2nd time?
    I think maybe you can appeal for a 3rd time? Not sure, you might be screwed.

  22. #19247
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    416

    Default

    I thought the city did fight and was cleared of intentional discrimination.

    Maybe someone can find the article. or maybe im wrong. Im really not 100% you sound more confident then me

  23. #19248

  24. #19249
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I thought the city did fight and was cleared of intentional discrimination.

    Maybe someone can find the article. or maybe im wrong. Im really not 100% you sound more confident then me
    I believe the only victory the city has had so far was getting a judge to agree that Garaufis was not completely fair/impartial.

    edit: So it's one in the same. They overturned the discrimination claim, but only so that it could be completely retried.

  25. #19250
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    352

    Default

    Those post are dated last year .. Two or three classes made it after that so it might not take any effect just yet I guess

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 48 users browsing this thread. (13 members and 35 guests)

  1. 1DayFDNY,
  2. 4040clubBouncer,
  3. BD1017,
  4. bk60191983,
  5. DannyD0pe,
  6. EKFCASPER,
  7. F1R3DNY_Alphabet_City,
  8. FFwnt2b,
  9. FireDragonNY,
  10. k20dc2,
  11. NYCTraditions,
  12. ready4fire,
  13. SIFire

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register