Like Tree9874Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    was just thinking, there are no more EMS and PHs left for this up coming class, correct? (besides for any that may be recycles)

I think the EMS and PH list are exhausted now. From here on out, not counting recycles, everyone should be off the OC list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jky9xx View Post
    Anyone with the potential to be in the July class live in Brooklyn near Lincoln rd and Ocean ave? East central prospect park area.

Thinking about car pools already.
    Don't get too wrapped up or dedicate to anything. You could be in a different company than your car pool partner which means no more car pool. One of the first days they designate time to set up car pools. You'll find something.

Forum Member

guys who have a shot at this next class- whats the next bit of info or contact we will get, whether it be for paper work, or some sort of info that gives us an idea that we might have a shot at this class? when do we expect to hear from our investigators or whoever?
    I got my run letter 3 days before my run lol. The last bit of paperwork you'll need will most likely be to prove recent residency. You must provide some document that shows you still live in the city (60 days recent I believe). They instructed we bring that with us to administration day. I would give your investigator a ring once a month just to keep updated (and mostly for piece of mind) but minus that expect it all to be very last minute. We all know how this process works by now; Expect nothing, be prepared for everything.

To the CPAT guys that got to see our roll call; I hope it amps you up because it amps us up lol.

Forum Member

was just thinking, there are no more EMS and PHs left for this up coming class, correct? (besides for any that may be recycles)
    There will still be EMS in future classes that didn't have enough time OTJ when the first few classes went in.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    I got my run letter 3 days before my run lol. The last bit of paperwork you'll need will most likely be to prove recent residency. You must provide some document that shows you still live in the city (60 days recent I believe). They instructed we bring that with us to administration day. I would give your investigator a ring once a month just to keep updated (and mostly for piece of mind) but minus that expect it all to be very last minute. We all know how this process works by now; Expect nothing, be prepared for everything.

To the CPAT guys that got to see our roll call; I hope it amps you up because it amps us up lol.
    That was the second time I was able to see roll call at the CPAT training. I know from my perspective I'm completely amped up after watching it go down. A bit jealous too lol but I know my time is coming God willing.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by KingHenrik View Post
    There will still be EMS in future classes that didn't have enough time OTJ when the first few classes went in.
    There shouldn't be. Those guys should have hit 2 years right before this recent class. I'm sure there's a few people on that list who may go, but it should be pretty much done.

MembersZone Subscriber

Question. I have been off for a while since I had to defer due to a broken ankle during the previous cpat round. I had received my cpat orientation on feb 4th and wondering when everyone is expecting the cpat testing to start? I know that the cpat test is usually after the rock classes but wasn't sure how many weeks they were into the cpat training classes.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    There shouldn't be. Those guys should have hit 2 years right before this recent class. I'm sure there's a few people on that list who may go, but it should be pretty much done.
    Yea that's what unthought also

Forum Member

Is this garbage really starting up again?

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.1702744

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post

I wouldn't worry too much about all this. This is the retrial the city got after the court of appeals overthrew Garaufis intentional discrimination ruling. The Vulcans are just trying to drum up publicity to make the city and FDNY look bad but I doubt their shenanigans will fly with this new judge.

The Vulcans have done as much damage as they can as this point but that wont stop them from trying to make a sideshow of the retrial.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 12XX

Forum Member

Hey to those that passed the practice cpat on the first try, is it true that you don't have to come back and pass it again at the final cpat date? Just trying to confirm.Thanks!

Forum Member

Two things:

First, will someone please locate the rest of Al's neck. Man looks like he is two hat sizes away from a bobble head doll

Secondly, wtf is the point of a retrial? What are they seeking to accomplish at this point that they haven't already?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Remember the city (and us) want a retrial. What the Vulcans say they're going to do is irrelevant because it's pretty clear they're going to make it a circus if allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Hey to those that passed the practice cpat on the first try, is it true that you don't have to come back and pass it again at the final cpat date? Just trying to confirm.Thanks!
    Yes. Each "practice" on the real course counts as a valid attempt at it.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

Thank you MM

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MDEL210201 View Post
    Question. I have been off for a while since I had to defer due to a broken ankle during the previous cpat round. I had received my cpat orientation on feb 4th and wondering when everyone is expecting the cpat testing to start? I know that the cpat test is usually after the rock classes but wasn't sure how many weeks they were into the cpat training classes.
    We are in week 5 of 9 training prep courses at the Rock. The last prep course is the week of 3/24. As of yet, I haven't seen anyone in the 101s post anything about receiving the CPAT time trials for DCAS.

Forum Member

MM what is a retrial really going to change tho? That is my question. "Damage" has been done. And the city was cleared of discrimination.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    We are in week 5 of 9 training prep courses at the Rock. The last prep course is the week of 3/24. As of yet, I haven't seen anyone in the 101s post anything about receiving the CPAT time trials for DCAS.

Just curious, what time does this prep course run? And this 9 week training program is in order to be prepared for the CPAT??? This is the first time i heard of a 9 week program to help train for the CPAT...how many days a week and how long is each session?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Praying_Patiently View Post
    Just curious, what time does this prep course run? And this 9 week training program is in order to be prepared for the CPAT??? This is the first time i heard of a 9 week program to help train for the CPAT...how many days a week and how long is each session?
    The information for when and where the prep course occurs is sent out as they progress to your list number. The days run from Monday - Thursday evenings and twice on Saturday. It's beneficial to attend as many as possible as the FD instructors (fitness unit) are able to demonstrate techniques that will cut valuable seconds to minutes off your time. When you get your CPAT letter from DCAS the FDNY will send out a letter as well. Good luck.

Forum Member

What happens again if you fail the stairs the 2nd time?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    The information for when and where the prep course occurs is sent out as they progress to your list number. The days run from Monday - Thursday evenings and twice on Saturday. It's beneficial to attend as many as possible as the FD instructors (fitness unit) are able to demonstrate techniques that will cut valuable seconds to minutes off your time. When you get your CPAT letter from DCAS the FDNY will send out a letter as well. Good luck.
    Awesome thanks for the quick reply. Yea i was just wondering only casue 9 week course to prepare sounded like a lot, but this is the optional training every was referring to in the past. I would deff make as many as possible if i ever get a shot lol

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    MM what is a retrial really going to change tho? That is my question. "Damage" has been done. And the city was cleared of discrimination.
    Where did you see anything about them being cleared of discrimination? Far as I remember the city wants to fight the charge of intentional discrimination against minorities. I don't believe they're trying to fight the charges of unintentional discrimination, and that's probably what the priority hires are attached to. If I had to guess I'd say they aren't going to bother fighting the priority hire decision because that could screw up the hiring process again.

I think if the city can get a new judge to agree that they didn't intentionally discriminate they can get rid of the court appointed monitor and clear their name.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Also worth mentioning the fitness instructors at CPAT training are the fitness instructors that train probies in the academy. You will learn a lot about what the workouts are like in the academy if you go to as many of those sessions as possible. I skipped out on most of them because it was difficult for me to get to the rock and I regretted it in the academy. Take all the help you can! The academy is going to be tougher than you expect it to be, I think everyone on here who has made it in the front gates will agree.

What happens again if you fail the stairs the 2nd time?
    I think maybe you can appeal for a 3rd time? Not sure, you might be screwed.

Forum Member

I thought the city did fight and was cleared of intentional discrimination.

Maybe someone can find the article. or maybe im wrong. Im really not 100% you sound more confident then me

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by coldblood92 View Post
    I thought the city did fight and was cleared of intentional discrimination.

Maybe someone can find the article. or maybe im wrong. Im really not 100% you sound more confident then me
    I believe the only victory the city has had so far was getting a judge to agree that Garaufis was not completely fair/impartial.

edit: So it's one in the same. They overturned the discrimination claim, but only so that it could be completely retried.

Forum Member

Those post are dated last year .. Two or three classes made it after that so it might not take any effect just yet I guess

Thread Information