Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 772 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 272672722762769770771772773774775782822872 ... LastLast
Results 15,421 to 15,440 of 24100
Like Tree9399Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    How in the world is that even &^%^$$* possible? The numbers just dont add up unless there's some super secret PH list. I really wish we could get some more info from them as to why they seem to have almost filled another 320 person class and barley touched the OC list. At this rate after 4 years this list will be lucky to hit 3000.
    I had a really bad suspicion in the back of my mind that the PHs, EMS, and guys recycling would really **** over this class. I just didn't want to say it because I didn't want to Debbie Downer on here.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    I had a really bad suspicion in the back of my mind that the PHs, EMS, and guys recycling would really **** over this class. I just didn't want to say it because I didn't want to Debbie Downer on here.

It seems like a lot of people are gonna get recycled according to the few junk nyposts articles floating around last month.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

There's really no way for her to know honestly. She has no way of knowing how many people will still not make it to the end of the academy and of all the people who didn't which will actually want to recycle.

There's not many Ems or PH left and who knows how many people didn't pass something in the whole selection process. I'm sure she doesn't even know.

You should never get your hopes up with this whole hiring process but I wouldn't get all worked up over what she said.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    So I spoke with Mrs. Quinn on the phone. She is by far the nicest lady I've ever dealt with through this whole process. She was incredibly informal which made the conversation so much easier. All in all just the perfect person to be running this whole thing. Anyways I called in hopes of getting a thumbs up in terms of paperwork and she had a few interesting things to tell me;

1. Anyone who's references letters that have not been sent out (like myself) will be going out soon. She said that even if she only gets one of the three letters returned to her it's not something that will DQ you from this job.

2. They have yet to confirm/deny residency points for candidates. (SO KEEP YOUR PAPERWORK IN ORDER! you may need to be giving in more documents later)

3. The most important thing; I asked what she thought my chances were for January and she said "I'm sure as you know we're still drawing from three lists." And that around my number is the threshold that could go either way (January 2014 or July 2014). That got me a little nervous though. The way we were making it sound was that guys who got 103's were looking really really good for January but from the way it sounded Mrs. Quinn thought otherwise.

if you can't see my sig my list# is early 400's.
    I get the feeling (and hope) that her answer is just a generic answer to not get your hopes up or give out any info. If I remember correctly she was telling us a couple of weeks ago that were most likely being considered for June (and we were all above 1100 and 1200). She didn't say we werent in January, just that we were most likely in June and the next class. So it seems like they all avoid giving and specific info or definite yes or no until they know for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by vekdoggs75 View Post
    yea thats my biggest fear right now. with that being said though isnt there only around 60 max recycles at the moment.

Can someone refresh my memory on how many PHs and EMS are rumored to be around for this next class?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Also, was it just me, or did the vests at CPAT feel a lot lighter? the 50 pound felt a lot lighter than 50, and 75 really didn't feel so bad at all.
    I've been saying this, the 75 pound vest at the CPAT pratice feels much lighter than the 65 LBS vest I've been training with, but it probably has to do with how the weight is distributed.
    VanCroon, John246 and JDNY13 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    I get the feeling (and hope) that her answer is just a generic answer to not get your hopes up or give out any info. If I remember correctly she was telling us a couple of weeks ago that were most likely being considered for June (and we were all above 1100 and 1200). She didn't say we werent in January, just that we were most likely in June and the next class. So it seems like they all avoid giving and specific info or definite yes or no until they know for sure.

yea thats my biggest fear right now. with that being said though isnt there only around 60 max recycles at the moment.

Can someone refresh my memory on how many PHs and EMS are rumored to be around for this next class?
    I think there was 64 PH's left and I think someone said 30-40 EMS left, but we never got a definite answer on the EMS side of things. So there should be about 160 spots left for the OC list if those numbers are correct.

If it's true their anticipating only going up to about 400 on the OC list for January, that's real kick in the head. I've been counting down the months until July 2014 everyday and now it looks like I won't get my shot until January 2015. I would go out and get a couple of drinks tonight after this news but I have my physical tomorrow morning.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    I think there was 64 PH's left and I think someone said 30-40 EMS left, but we never got a definite answer on the EMS side of things. So there should be about 160 spots left for the OC list if those numbers are correct.

If it's true their anticipating only going up to about 400 on the OC list for January, that's real kick in the head. I've been counting down the months until July 2014 everyday and now it looks like I won't get my shot until January 2015. I would go out and get a couple of drinks tonight after this news but I have my physical tomorrow morning.
    Me and you both my friend

Forum Member

If there are ~160 spots open for OC guys for this January, then they might get up to almost 500 with the attrition rate, who knows.

Also, I forget, does anybody know what OC list # they stopped at for the july '13 class?
    FDNY exam 2000 score: 104

list number: 2xx

Forum Member

There will be more than that for the OC. Not all 60 people are going to recycle

Forum Member

I think theyll get up too about 500 for this class. Even if they only get to 400, then its very likely they get up past 1200 for the summer class- I wouldn't count out the summer class for you.

Forum Member

I've been saying this, the 75 pound vest at the CPAT pratice feels much lighter than the 65 LBS vest I've been training with, but it probably has to do with how the weight is distributed.
    It might be higher on your vest and putting more leverage on.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

So a technique politicians have been using since the beginning of time, using your family in the campaign, only becomes a problem when the family is interracial... guess I didn't get that memo.
    actually this is first time its been done since LaGuardia in NYC. Whatever I just hope its too late for him to change anything on our exam as far as quotas go etc.
    vekdoggs75 likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

methacholine test on monday morning at 8am. I would be lying if i said i wasnt nervous : /
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    took and passed the CPAT today!!
    Congrats dude!
    John246 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Medic2312 View Post
    Thanks again for the rapid response. You are and continue to be a beacon of information and help. Desire4theJob PM me, I think I can help you out with some contact information. I was in a somewhat similar situation with the previous exam. I just do not want to put it out there, the gentlemen that helped me is very friendly towards veterans.
    Thanks Medic and other Medic, I'll PM you.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:109
    List # XX

Forum Member

Good luck !
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Went to my mentors firehouse today, really cool experience. Really cool group of guys.
    JDNY13 likes this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Passed my CPAT this morning, nice to have another step out of the way. Interesting tidbit, another guy taking his CPAT mentioned his buddy in the 1050's got his notice for the medical, that's the highest I've heard so far.
    JDNY13 likes this.

Forum Member

Went to my mentors firehouse today, really cool experience. Really cool group of guys.
    Nice haven't even met mine and I've had one since the first round. He does text me though lol

Forum Member

question about the oral psych process..

For those who went for oral psych, how long after you took the written test did you get called for the oral psych? and how was the oral psych?

Thread Information