Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 775 of 1145 FirstFirst ... 275675725765772773774775776777778785825875 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,500 of 22884
Like Tree8996Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    Yea I was confused at first, was gonna say how they heck did he go from 101 to 111 with residency. I'm sure there's a lot of people who are being processed now that can't prove residency. I bet there's people who didn't read the NOE thoroughly and put down NYC resident and moved there recently. I think you needed proof from 2011 and prior. My friend on the job said its a big deal if you lied about residency.
    Im sure you are rite about that. A lot of people dont read the NOE completely..let alone any directions on any form within the hiring process. I dot feel bad for anyone like that. If you cant follow simple instructions and READ lol you shouldnt get a shot at this job.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    I see your from brooklyn thats cool lol, congradulations on passing, what did you score, if you dont mind me asking. Im sure regardless your pretty much in the same boat as I am..playing the waiting game lol
    Staten Island to be exact, I got a 100 and I'm 26Xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Quiles718 View Post
    Staten Island to be exact, I got a 100 and I'm 26Xx
    Ohh allright! Cool! We got the same score, im rite around you at 23XX

Forum Member

Anyone else get any weird dull pain/discomfort/feeling of instability in the knee? I stopped all activity since last week and have made a doctor's appointment, but it seems the more I think about it the more I start freaking out haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Anyone else get any weird dull pain/discomfort/feeling of instability in the knee? I stopped all activity since last week and have made a doctor's appointment, but it seems the more I think about it the more I start freaking out haha.
    Got hurt training?

Forum Member

I don't know you or the extent of pain your feeling, but I suspect it's a mental thing if the pain gets worse as you think about it. I would be careful with doctors appointments regarding knees, back, ect. Maybe I'm just crazy, but I wouldn't want any problems like that put in writing by a doctor.

Forum Member

Passed my CPAT on Saturday! Being inside a building made the test so much easier lol. Going to see my investigator again tomorrow bc I have to bring him a couple more things. After that, just waiting for medical and psychological dates. It would be great to get them over with before the year ends, but idk if that's going to happen at this point. Whatever. Just gives me more time to improve my running even more. Any of you guys going to the mentor meeting at the rock this week? My mentor is going on Thursday so that's when I'm going. Not sure what we will be doing there, but I haven't physically met my mentor yet so I'm looking forward to it.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    Lol Usually a more experienced member at the house that has spent years in that house in that particular neiborhood. The driver of the rig has to know the area like the back of his hand, knows the quickest routes, least congested roads, things of that nature. Usually a real veteran of a particular firehouse.
    ...Damn...Bitter sweet...now I know and I wish I didnt know. I was hoping we'd get to drive it in the academy.

Forum Member

Where on your knee? Sides, on the knee cap, bottom of knee cap, inner-knee, outer-knee, a whole boatload of possibilities. When do you notice the discomfort? Going up stairs, down stairs, bent for a long time? It could be a lot of things. Knees are tricky (injuries are tricky!). You look like you have a lot of time to recover in case of an injury just go to a doc see what they tell ya. I had knee issues 2 months before CPAT. It sat me down for a month. Find out from a doc and build up slow and steady until you you're back to 100%. Most important thing is to stop whatever your doing. Dont let the injury bring you down keep working out everything else and do isometric workouts you'll be back in no time.
    mocon337 likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Shut the **** up, Mr. "I can't wait 6 more months". You're not in a position to criticize.

Tapia is a disgrace. I honestly don't know how she even got in the academy in the first place. If after this long she still can only do the run in 12:23 I don't believe she actually did it in under 13 back in January. The fact that the UWF is sticking up for her shows some ****ed up priorities. She undermines the progress of all women on the job.

That person had their score adjusted (ex: was given residency points after the list was established). It's much easier to insert them into the list that way instead of make them #1234 and move everyone else down by 1 position.
    yea your a god on this form cause your a probie that got in a class or 2 before us, on an emt promotional list.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bay_ridge_FF View Post
    Don't say that! For every "Wendy Tapias" or whatever pseudonym they want to use for her, there are always 10 to 50 guys who willing to give it all to be on this job. Many of us have had to fight bumps and bruises to train for the academy and are willing to go through 100 times that when we make it in. So let those idiots have their stupid awards. The respect from you and everyone else on the job is what we're fighting for.
    they'll keep being dedicated guys like us, but more wendy tapia types will continue to infiltrate the department. As time goes on, they are going to lower the standards even more, and their will be more priority hires. You think its just the numbers from this test and that's it?

They are trying to make the FDNY more diverse meaning their wont be any minorities because every group will make up an equal portion of the department.

Their are probably a lot more wendy tapia stories going on right now that weren't reported.

This priority hiring thing will continue until the department isn't about the best candidates for the job, but is about keeping the numbers equal in terms of ethnicity.

And I don't know why anybody (manhatten medic) would take any offense to this, because im not saying anything bad or offensive to any of you fellow qualified candidates or anything bad about the FDNY itself, but that's just the way things are headed, where everything is affirmative action.

Wendy tapia got all those chances because she is a female minority status. If that was a white guy from the OC list, he'd be gone. Its that simple, nothing to take offense too, but that's just how society is getting.

I don't have anything wrong about a minority guy on the job, if he gets on the same fair way im trying to get on.

Forum Member
    Mtk123 and Medic2312 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    they'll keep being dedicated guys like us, but more wendy tapia types will continue to infiltrate the department. As time goes on, they are going to lower the standards even more, and their will be more priority hires. You think its just the numbers from this test and that's it?

They are trying to make the FDNY more diverse meaning their wont be any minorities because every group will make up an equal portion of the department.

Their are probably a lot more wendy tapia stories going on right now that weren't reported.

This priority hiring thing will continue until the department isn't about the best candidates for the job, but is about keeping the numbers equal in terms of ethnicity.

And I don't know why anybody (manhatten medic) would take any offense to this, because im not saying anything bad or offensive to any of you fellow qualified candidates or anything bad about the FDNY itself, but that's just the way things are headed, where everything is affirmative action.

Wendy tapia got all those chances because she is a female minority status. If that was a white guy from the OC list, he'd be gone. Its that simple, nothing to take offense too, but that's just how society is getting.

I don't have anything wrong about a minority guy on the job, if he gets on the same fair way im trying to get on.
    You really need to shut up. You sound retarded and aren't helping. It doesn't matter if Manhattanmedic just graduated, point is he's otj now and HAS been through the Academy. He comes on here and gives solid info and facts. You spout feces and have no clue what you're talking about. Show some respect, you're complaining about a department that you're not even a part of yet.
    FDsouthbxNY and Medic2312 like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grok350 View Post
    You really need to shut up. You sound retarded and aren't helping. It doesn't matter if Manhattanmedic just graduated, point is he's otj now and HAS been through the Academy. He comes on here and gives solid info and facts. You spout feces and have no clue what you're talking about. Show some respect, you're complaining about a department that you're not even a part of yet.
    Im not complaining about the FDNY, im complaining about whats happening to it..

And I may not work for the FDNY, but I work for the same city and am seeing this b.s already in 1 department where its carrying over to another.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by John246 View Post
    Im not complaining about the FDNY, im complaining about whats happening to it..

And I may not work for the FDNY, but I work for the same city and am seeing this b.s already in 1 department where its carrying over to another.
    So why change departments why not just stay there and make lots of over time , you have seniority, you probably off probation , take promotions and become someone in your department make your name ring bells in doc ... Be the best Nyc boldest !!!! How that sounds !!!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Passed my CPAT on Saturday! Being inside a building made the test so much easier lol. Going to see my investigator again tomorrow bc I have to bring him a couple more things. After that, just waiting for medical and psychological dates. It would be great to get them over with before the year ends, but idk if that's going to happen at this point. Whatever. Just gives me more time to improve my running even more. Any of you guys going to the mentor meeting at the rock this week? My mentor is going on Thursday so that's when I'm going. Not sure what we will be doing there, but I haven't physically met my mentor yet so I'm looking forward to it.

By any chance is your mentors name Chris ?
    Last edited by Jackooze; 11-12-2013 at 09:27 AM.
    Score: 102
    List: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29th
    CPAT: Nov 9th
    Psych: Jan 25th
    Medical: Jan28th
    Run Date: June 25th

Forum Member

Calm down fellas no reason to argue you are all here for the same reason.

Fact of the matter is we are living in the age of entitlement and that is not going to change for some time. (Don't worry its not a sustainable model for society it cant go on forever)

99% of the guys on the job deserve to be there and they aren't going to let one hairbag here and there bring the job to its knees.

Unfortunately when 40,000 people apply for a job with only a 1-2000 spots, someone is going to get the short end of the stick. While the past test was entirely ridiculous, it was technically fair to everyone taking it. The issue is there is no fair way to truly only accept those who are the best for the job without causing a stink. Such is life at this point.

Wendy Tapia is a rare case and better they keep her at the rock then put her behind the brothers on a hose line. Hopefully they terminate her but I wouldn't get your hopes up. As far as the priority hires go, they bombed the written test for the most part but who knows they could turn out to be great firemen. Not everyone is good at bubbling in answers on a sheet of paper. If you make it to the academy by EMS, a court ruling or the open list you come out of the academy a fireman like everyone else. Individuals don't make it very far on this job. As long as the instructors at the rock and the guys getting on the job keep their interests focused on whats best for the brothers/sisters then the job will be just fine.

Keep your heads up. At least they are even hiring new members now... Better than not hearing a word for 4 years isn't it?
    vekdoggs75 likes this.

Forum Member

I don't know if this number will help anyone but here it is. It's a number to an automated DCAS service. Follow the prompts and it will give you your current list# as well as the dates that this list started and is scheduled to end. (212) 669-1357

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBravest View Post
    Calm down fellas no reason to argue you are all here for the same reason.

Fact of the matter is we are living in the age of entitlement and that is not going to change for some time. (Don't worry its not a sustainable model for society it cant go on forever)

99% of the guys on the job deserve to be there and they aren't going to let one hairbag here and there bring the job to its knees.

Unfortunately when 40,000 people apply for a job with only a 1-2000 spots, someone is going to get the short end of the stick. While the past test was entirely ridiculous, it was technically fair to everyone taking it. The issue is there is no fair way to truly only accept those who are the best for the job without causing a stink. Such is life at this point.

Wendy Tapia is a rare case and better they keep her at the rock then put her behind the brothers on a hose line. Hopefully they terminate her but I wouldn't get your hopes up. As far as the priority hires go, they bombed the written test for the most part but who knows they could turn out to be great firemen. Not everyone is good at bubbling in answers on a sheet of paper. If you make it to the academy by EMS, a court ruling or the open list you come out of the academy a fireman like everyone else. Individuals don't make it very far on this job. As long as the instructors at the rock and the guys getting on the job keep their interests focused on whats best for the brothers/sisters then the job will be just fine.

Keep your heads up. At least they are even hiring new members now... Better than not hearing a word for 4 years isn't it?
    You are 100% rite about that. In my eyes, no matter what, you cant judge somebody who has passed all requirements and training in the academy. They are Firefighters. This is one case where some one got off easy. Of course its wrong, everybody knows..but I dont think the brothers of the brotherhood are really gonna let a few bad apples ruin the department. You are rite..at least this list is not at a complete freeze like 6019. I was not on that list, only on 2000 but can imagine myself in that situation. Its very unfortunate, but everyone houkd be grateful things are moving along.

Forum Member

I hear that! I was on 6019, and the way that worked out was heartbreaking for a lot of us. I am glad that things are moving along. Now I'm sitting at 58xx and just trying to be patient. I hope with every fiber of my being that my list number will be reached.

Thread Information