Like Tree9854Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

1/3 of the way through, what a great feeling! Long way to go though. Toughest 6 weeks of my life. I've learned so much more about myself and about other things in general. 12 to go!!!

Forum Member

I am confused, do we have to have a doctor sign off on the CPAT test release? It states "To be signed by a physician if you have any of the conditions listed on the reverse side or if you believe you may not be physically or medically fit to take the test." So after reading that I believe I just sign and thats that. Please correct me if I am wrong?

Forum Member

On the puschological test do they ask any questions regarding work history?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    On the puschological test do they ask any questions regarding work history?
    They want you to list you entire work history like you did for the intake.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by neal2578 View Post
    I am confused, do we have to have a doctor sign off on the CPAT test release? It states "To be signed by a physician if you have any of the conditions listed on the reverse side or if you believe you may not be physically or medically fit to take the test." So after reading that I believe I just sign and thats that. Please correct me if I am wrong?
    I got it today I was wondering the same thing. It's looking as if you're good to go if you don't have any of those conditions underneath.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

But in the questionaire itself do they ask stuff like have u ever been fired...have u ever been late to work ...have u ever quit etc etc

Forum Member

Basically idk if they will ask for an interview with the shrink for having been late or fired from past jobs

Forum Member

You do not need it signed unless you have any of those issues. I didn't have it signed when I went through it, and they accepted it..

Forum Member

Guys with higher list numbers I wouldn't worry too much, the more time that passes - the lower down the list you go - you find the less interested candidates, people that found other careers, people that have had kids or some other life changing event and can't or won't take the job, and definitely people that will not get their residency points.

I just got hired as a bus driver and I'm banging out pullups during my layovers and working out in the depots gym. If I didn't want the job I could just settle for this and get fat. I'm sure there are many many more in similar situations. Time is our enemy and our friend.

Lets see how these next two classes look before we start getting worried lol
    River6019, Ladders 4 and test2000 like this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 99
    List #: 4XXX

Forum Member

4000s needn't worry. I would be concerned with the 6-7k range. I bet somewhere in there this list stops. Unless they squeeze one last class in in 2017

Forum Member

2 more people left due to staph infections

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    2 more people left due to staph infections

wow...staph infections? is that common throughout the academy?
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

I guess all it could it take is one guy with poor personal hygiene.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    wow...staph infections? is that common throughout the academy?
    They say it's more common in the summer academy due to more funk but yeah it can happen. On Friday they made us turn our gear inside out and sprayed lysol on everyone's stuff. Just comes down to taking your stuff home on the weekends and washing it. I know guys that take it home and wash it after every PT. I think that's a little excessive but better safe than sorry I guess. They also stressed covering and protecting any open wounds. Your knees take a beating at the academy and cuts are inevitable.

Spoke to a few candidates who had Saturday morning CPAT. Some seemed motivated and engaged (asking lots of questions and stuff). Others, not so much...

6 weeks down, 12 to go! Lets hope this weather keeps up.
    River6019, NycQ83, dawk34 and 1 others like this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    They say it's more common in the summer academy due to more funk but yeah it can happen. On Friday they made us turn our gear inside out and sprayed lysol on everyone's stuff. Just comes down to taking your stuff home on the weekends and washing it. I know guys that take it home and wash it after every PT. I think that's a little excessive but better safe than sorry I guess. They also stressed covering and protecting any open wounds. Your knees take a beating at the academy and cuts are inevitable.

Spoke to a few candidates who had Saturday morning CPAT. Some seemed motivated and engaged (asking lots of questions and stuff). Others, not so much...

A few guys had it in the summer class, but they were allowed back in once they went on antibiotics for a few days. Unless it advances to a point where you're still contagious after more than 5 days on treatment, you should still be able to come back to the academy.

Forum Member

I feel the next wave of paperwork can come any day! Friends got packets in sept then the next wave was December! March madness!

Forum Member

Packets must be coming. I can hear it. I'm guessing Wednesday

Forum Member

I think packets will be sent out in June a month before the July 2014 class. The 101s received packets in December a month before the Jan 2014 class.

Forum Member

when do the guys in the current academy get to go into the field for a week?

whens family day/graduation?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post

I believe the week in the field is sometime after midterms (early/mid april?)

We haven't heard any dates for family day.

Our last day is June 3rd. Not sure if that's the last day of the academy or graduation day but either one makes not much sense to me considering the 3rd is a Monday... So idk

Forum Member

Damn man I washed my stuff after every use. Ended up just doing laundry twice a week.

I believe the week in the field is sometime after midterms (early/mid april?)

We haven't heard any dates for family day.

Our last day is June 3rd. Not sure if that's the last day of the academy or graduation day but either one makes not much sense to me considering the 3rd is a Monday... So idk
    I'd be curious to know when those dates are too.

Forum Member

Only time going to the field was mentioned was end of April/early May. We're all hoping it's after CFRD ends, of course.

Think family day is supposed to be 5/31 and graduation that Monday or Tuesday.

Forum Member

Has anyone ever had experience with delaying the CPAT test? Not quite sure I will be at peak shape in time for the CPAT test dates because of knee injury... How much time would they delay the test if so?
    Test # 2000
    Score # 101
    List # 19XX
    Intake 3/5/14
    CPAT 3/27/14
    Medical 7/23/14

Forum Member

Ok so I am sitting between 1650 and 1700, and for a while now I have been thinking I'll be in January. But then I got to thinking, the ratio was always 3 to 1 and obviously if they only got to 720ish for this class, the ratio was lower than that. But if the ratio did get back to 3-1, myself and those around me would be very close to getting called for this July. For arguments sake, lets say I'm at 1675 and they called up to exactly 720 for the class in now. That means there are 955 people still "on the list" ahead of me of me. Again, if the ratio went back to 3-1, that means they go through 900 names to get 300. This whole July thing seems to be realistic at this point. The DI's at the CPat prep were saying 14-1500 is more realistic for the July class and those of us higher than that should not be hopeful for July and concentrate on January. Now, I am going to prepare and train for the academy like I am going in July but I'm not going to expect it. Sorry guys, all of this had been running through my head all day so I had to get it out some how.
    Exam 2000
    Score 101
    List # 16XX
    CPAT- Passed
    Medical- Qualified
    Psych- Taken. No news = Good news?

Thread Information