Like Tree9531Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    If there is truth in the news report, your example is more fitting to explain the dangers of being overweight (he went into cardiac arrest after exiting). Not that firefighting doesn't come with it's own dangers but a bad ticker will get you just as fast... Don't use his death as some sort of platform to fight Washington. Let him rest in peace.
    /\
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I

So are you saying firefighting isnt dangerous like paul washington and mr john bowtie coombs? and your bringing into the fact that he was just overweight? cmon dude arguing that fact is practitcally siding with the darkside. I think your better than that.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    /\
    I
    I
    I
    I
    I

So are you saying firefighting isnt dangerous like paul washington and mr john bowtie coombs? and your bringing into the fact that he was just overweight? cmon dude arguing that fact is practitcally siding with the darkside. I think your better than that.
    FDNYPD has a good point. Leave LT Nappi out of this debate. He deserves that much, and much much more.

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Dc the number one cause of fire related deaths are heart attacks. Yes, fire fighters go into burning builds but it's rare that they die just for going in to fight the fire. Fire fighters who don't take care of themselves physically most likely die from a heart attack while at a fire scene.

Forum Member

Guys, Lets end this debate now before it gets uglier then it has already. Keep the comments regarding Lt. Nappi as positive thoughts and prayers for him and his family. This back and forth is completely disrespectful.

Just checking-does anybody know what we are supposed to bring for the review session.

The PSI website said the admission notice... which we handed in at the test.

The only thing we have is the receipt we printed off the PSI website for the review, right?
    Last edited by dkjets75; 04-17-2012 at 11:00 AM.

Forum Member

The receipt clearly states that all you need is the copy of the email they sent and a form of ID.

Forum Member

What is the best strategies to use to solve the logical ordering questions that on the Vulcan prep book

Forum Member

What is the best strategies to use to solve the logical ordering questions that on the Vulcan prep book?
    I'm having difficult with couple of these questions. Can anyone of you provide a strategy to solve these problems

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    i took the test sunday afternoon, now its tuesday morning and they are still saying they can not find my record...getting nervous, if anybody took the test at 210 joralemon in bk on sunday or after and was able to schedule a review please let me know

What is the best strategies to use to solve the logical ordering questions that on the Vulcan prep book?
    I'm having difficult with couple of these questions. Can anyone of you provide a strategy to solve these problems

Forum Member

i took the test sunday afternoon, now its tuesday morning and they are still saying they can not find my record...getting nervous, if anybody took the test at 210 joralemon in bk on sunday or after and was able to schedule a review please let me know

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DC33017 View Post
    Weird,,,,, I remember Capt Paul Washington looked the judge and courtroom straight in the eye and told them that Firefighting was not dangerous and that firefighters do not go into burning buildings.......

yeah so ummmm,,, what would they say to the family of Lt Nappi????

Vulcans and judge just living in a different world.....fckin idiots.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Just read it on another forum. R.I.P. Is there anywhere I can read the story?

Took my test. There doesn't seem to be any room for protest. I will protest, however, the fact that at the end of my test, the results wouldn't send. After they got the connection to work, the proctor said "The test didn't remember the last 10 questions of my exam." What? Ok so I filled out the questions again and submitted successfully. My only question is, if it didn't remember my last 10 questions, how many other questions from other sections did it not remember? Should I call PSI and see what the business is before the exam closes? Thoughts?

Side note: If this is discussing the test, don't quote it, let me know, and I will delete it.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by THEGREATONE2050 View Post
    I didn't catch that the first 6 times-can you repeat it once more? haha

Honestly there is no strategy, all you can do is practice.

Forum Member

I am trying to urgently have solid grasp on these problems before I take the test. What tips can you suggest to do well on these logical ordering problems. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Forum Member

Dude, just take the damn test. I honestly think this exam was structured in such a way that no matter what you study it wouldn't help. The only tip anyone can give you is just to look at the dcas tutorial once more. Theres nothing you can really do to better prepare you for this exam. You'll know what I mean once you take the exam. If you studied anything you'll be fine because you put your mind to work. good luck with everything.
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 04-17-2012 at 02:34 PM.

Cool

You may want to start with some logical ordering based on the information given.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Dude, just take the damn test. I honestly think this exam was structured in such a way that no matter what you study it wouldn't help. The only tip anyone can give you is just to look at the dcas tutorial once more. Theres nothing you can really do to better prepare you for this exam. You'll know what I mean once you take the exam. If you studied anything you'll be fine because you put your mind to work. good luck with everything.
    Agree. Best strategy? Use your brain.

Forum Member

I believe it can take up to 48 hrs. Considering you took your test on a Sunday the systems wont start updating till Monday. I'd wait till tomorrow.

Forum Member

Hey Myles, call PSI to have them update their system. I couldn't set up the review for a week until I finally called them up to see what was going on. Here's the # 1800-701-0289.
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

That's weird, I was able to schedule myself in less than 24 hrs from when I finished my exam. If your having problems scheduling I would definitely do what my1goal said. I remember him having this problem as well.

Btw, check this out, let me know if you can't see this link.

http://www.nyfirestore.com/thumbnail...E%3C/center%3E
    Last edited by Skavenger85; 04-17-2012 at 06:06 PM.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Skavenger85;1325620]That's weird, I was able to schedule myself in less than 24 hrs from when I finished my exam. If your having problems scheduling I would definitely do what my1goal said. I remember him having this problem as well.

http://www.nyfirestore.com/thumbnail...E%3C/center%3E[/QUOTE

Is that shirt for real?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=vekdoggs75;1325622]
    Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    That's weird, I was able to schedule myself in less than 24 hrs from when I finished my exam. If your having problems scheduling I would definitely do what my1goal said. I remember him having this problem as well.

http://www.nyfirestore.com/thumbnail...E%3C/center%3E[/QUOTE

Is that shirt for real?
    Yes, I called them and they said they are awaiting for the city and the FDNY to approve this. The lady also told me that most likely this will take place in a week or two. Just gotta keep checking the website for the update.

Forum Member

The link is not working from my phone for some reason. What does the shirt say, if you wouldn't mind?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    The link is not working from my phone for some reason. What does the shirt say, if you wouldn't mind?
    Typical FDNY shirt but on back it says FDNY Tested. And front says examination 2012.

Forum Member

Wtf???????

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Wtf???????
    I had the same response haha...

who would go out in public with that? All we have done is taken the test, we don't even know our scores yet, and they are making shirts. Lets wait till we get through the academy, then you can worry about shirts...

Thread Information