Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 28687576777879808188128178578 ... LastLast
Results 1,541 to 1,560 of 20375
Like Tree7737Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

[QUOTE=OnAMission23;1323136]I took the test on St. Patties at the Loft and there was a decent amount of people there but not what I was expecting. The line outside was maybe 12 people and once we got inside and registered my testing room probably had 8 people in it that had been there prior. The process was very smooth though, I was scheduled at noon but I got there early and was taking the test by 1130.QUOTE]

Interesting...I took it at studio square on the 21st and I got there an hour early for a noon test. Wasn't seated in front of a computer until 10 after noon. Id say there was around 100 people and the slot before and after both looked pretty full. It is weird that they paid all this money to rent computers and halls to have the exams and the places are half full. I don't buy that half the people that signed up are skipping out now. Maybe a quarter when its all said and done.

Forum Member

[QUOTE=Desire4theJob;1323137]
    Quote Originally Posted by OnAMission23 View Post
    I took the test on St. Patties at the Loft and there was a decent amount of people there but not what I was expecting. The line outside was maybe 12 people and once we got inside and registered my testing room probably had 8 people in it that had been there prior. The process was very smooth though, I was scheduled at noon but I got there early and was taking the test by 1130.QUOTE]

Interesting...I took it at studio square on the 21st and I got there an hour early for a noon test. Wasn't seated in front of a computer until 10 after noon. Id say there was around 100 people and the slot before and after both looked pretty full. It is weird that they paid all this money to rent computers and halls to have the exams and the places are half full. I don't buy that half the people that signed up are skipping out now. Maybe a quarter when its all said and done.
    I was really surprised at this too, I was expecting the place to be jammed. Being that I'm from CA and not New York and not at all familiar with that area I was using the thought of this huge line of people as an identifier that I was in the right place. I got there about 1110ish and was in the door waiting in the registration line by 1115, as soon as I got there they gave me the red bag and the 2 pieces of paper and I was up the stairs. It was pretty empty, a little bit fuller when I left but not packed as I had anticipated. Could the fact that it was St. Patties have played a role and people would rather drink than test? Maybe

Forum Member

For you studio square guys. They were cool about phones right? Just put them in their ziplock bag? I ask you guys because the other posters were commenting on their experiences at a different location. I promise I won't ask again.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    For you studio square guys. They were cool about phones right? Just put them in their ziplock bag? I ask you guys because the other posters were commenting on their experiences at a different location. I promise I won't ask again.
    I left my phone in the hotel room as every notice I received made it clear not to bring them and I didn't want to get excused for something stupid like that, but no one seemed to care at the test site. They just made you put it in the bag and under the desk.

Forum Member

Alright thanks...

Your allowed to have your phone but its to be in the bag before you enter the building and if it should ring while your inside you would have some 'splainin to do.

On slightly different subject....I was surprised with how many people didn't really know what the test was gonna be like. I heard alot of people get on their phones when they left, explaining the basic format of the test. I thought most of us knew the general format. Something I often forget though, the more time you spend on this forum you get the feeling that everyone is on here sharing information but in reality theres what 40-50 of us on here? then a few lurkers?
    Last edited by Desire4theJob; 03-24-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Forum Member

Question..
    Did all of you get that hand out from the PSI proctors regarding how to schedule a date to review the test. I try, and try but it keeps saying I am not in the system and I took the exam over a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Question..
    Did all of you get that hand out from the PSI proctors regarding how to schedule a date to review the test. I try, and try but it keeps saying I am not in the system and I took the exam over a week ago. Anyone else having this issue?
    Don't worry about it much as there isn't a lot you can't do it now. I scheduled it, then PSI canceled it. Talked to them and they told me they don't know when reviews are getting scheduled. So I guess it's just hurry up and wait for them to figure everything out.

I got it but haven't messed with it yet. I think most people were having the same problems you are.

Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Did anyone see people having computer problem at their test site?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desire4theJob View Post
    On slightly different subject....I was surprised with how many people didn't really know what the test was gonna be like. I heard alot of people get on their phones when they left, explaining the basic format of the test. I thought most of us knew the general format. Something I often forget though, the more time you spend on this forum you get the feeling that everyone is on here sharing information but in reality theres what 40-50 of us on here? then a few lurkers?
    im assuming those that didn't know the format had skipped out on the tutorial, and maybe were caught off guard with the agree/disagree portion. Its pretty straight forward though, we all know what to expect. To be honest I think my little sister can pass it. (still in high school)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    I took the test at Studio Square, and pretty much everyone there had a cellphone. Not a problem at all. They give you a small red plastic bag for your belongings, and there is a box beneath your seat to hold the bag while you are testing.

Forum Member

Anybody drive down to studio square? How was parking? Test at 8 am... wondering if I should even attempt to drive... Ne one have any insight?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Truckie 1 day View Post
    Anybody drive down to studio square? How was parking? Test at 8 am... wondering if I should even attempt to drive... Ne one have any insight?
    You might not find a spot on that block but you should find something a few blocks away. You're best bet is on a side street. I've found parking there on a busy saturday night over there so some driving around and you should be fine. I have my exam there tomorrow but at 12.

Forum Member

Good luck tomorrow Tom!
    6019- was sitting at 13xx
    2000- now sitting at 18xx

Forum Member

did anybody request extra scrap paper for the math or was the two pieces given enough?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    You might not find a spot on that block but you should find something a few blocks away. You're best bet is on a side street. I've found parking there on a busy saturday night over there so some driving around and you should be fine. I have my exam there tomorrow but at 12.
    good luck bro

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    did anybody request extra scrap paper for the math or was the two pieces given enough?
    the crazy crap we obsess over (ive actually wondered this myself along with "i hope the scrap paper has lines on it for the note taking during videos lol).

does anyone remember how long the vulcan's 3 gun video was? the youtube video is like 9 min, but i know we didnt watch all 9 during the prep course. I dont think it was more than 4 but maybe someone can confirm? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    good luck bro

the crazy crap we obsess over (ive actually wondered this myself along with "i hope the scrap paper has lines on it for the note taking during videos lol).

does anyone remember how long the vulcan's 3 gun video was? the youtube video is like 9 min, but i know we didnt watch all 9 during the prep course. I dont think it was more than 4 but maybe someone can confirm? thanks.
    I believe it was 3 mins.

Hopeful did you ever get a chance to do the FDNY's video tutorials? In my opinion I found them to be a little more difficult than the vulcans video tutorial.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Skavenger85 View Post
    Hopeful did you ever get a chance to do the FDNY's video tutorials? In my opinion I found them to be a little more difficult than the vulcans video tutorial.

I did them over the weekend. I found them to be much more difficult than The Vulcan's videos. I would be surprised if the videos on the test were as difficult as the city's tutorial videos.

Thread Information