Like Tree11333Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by DannyD0pe View Post
    IMO The early 101s at 1300-1500 may hava a shot at July and therefore be processed.

Has anyone in the 1300-1500 range received Medicals or psychs ?

Ms Quinn told the late 101s 1800-2200 during intake that we were being processed for 2015.

And on another note, I passed my CPAT!
    Yeah, I agree; the early 101's are most likely slated for the july class. I myself have already taken my medical, however, I have not received a notice for the psych; will be asking my interviewer about that soon. CPAT coming within the next week or so.

Congrats on the CPAT, can not wait to get that out of the way; how did u find it compared to practicing at the rock?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    haha yep absolutely a mistake - july 14, jan 15
    Phew, haha
    NycQ83 likes this.

Forum Member

Watching the the news, they're covering the building explosion in Harlem. A reminder of the types of emergencies we are all signing up to deal with. My resolve to become a member of the FDNY just become a whole lot stronger! Iam going to super hard on that stair master today..

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Techcafiend View Post
    Yeah, I agree; the early 101's are most likely slated for the july class. I myself have already taken my medical, however, I have not received a notice for the psych; will be asking my interviewer about that soon. CPAT coming within the next week or so.

Congrats on the CPAT, can not wait to get that out of the way; how did u find it compared to practicing at the rock?
    I was so excited to get it done that I ran to get the hose and I was warned once before they failed me. At DCAS the hose drag and dummy drag felt easier because of the wooden floors. It took me 9 hits with the hammer to get it to buzz and in the rock it took me 20 hits to get the tire across the table. The breathing was a bit easier because you are indoors instead of breathing the freezing cold outside at the Rock. Also, most failures came from the ladder raise. Don't let the rope slide through your fingers.

Forum Member

I was so excited to get it done that I ran to get the hose and I was warned once before they failed me. At DCAS the hose drag and dummy drag felt easier because of the wooden floors. It took me 9 hits with the hammer to get it to buzz and in the rock it took me 20 hits to get the tire across the table. The breathing was a bit easier because you are indoors instead of breathing the freezing cold outside at the Rock. Also, most failures came from the ladder raise. Don't let the rope slide through your fingers.

Nice man! That was your first attempt?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by polanco View Post
    Nice man! That was your first attempt?
    Yes. I took it with the mentality that it was my Final attempt.

Forum Member

Wow, ppl failed because of letting the rope slide?! Thanks, that's good to know..I will be making sure to hold on to that rope with a death grip. Also won't be trying for a speed run, Iam planning to go at a controlled pace, concentrating on doing the proper technique.
    Last edited by Gheech; 03-12-2014 at 02:06 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gheech View Post
    Wow, ppl failed because of letting rope slide?! Thanks, that's good to know..I will be making sure to hold on to that rope with a death grip. Also won't be trying for a speed run, Iam planning to go at a controlled pace, concentrating on doing the proper technique.
    Yes, control of the ladder is a critical part of the test. Like you said, the CPAT is easy enough to complete in time that you should be taking it at a controlled pace. You're more likely to **** something up like the ladder if you rush.

Went to the rock recently. Still a lotta roll ups hahaha. You guys looked good though.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gheech View Post
    Wow, ppl failed because of letting rope slide?! Thanks, that's good to know..I will be making sure to hold on to that rope with a death grip. Also won't be trying for a speed run, Iam planning to go at a controlled pace, concentrating on doing the proper technique.

Yeah man, that's one thing they particularly have been stressing at cpat practice. Don't rush through the ladder extension. Control it and slow down a little if you have to. There's no need to break records with this test, you just need to pass. And if you're in any decent shape, you've been knocking it out at the rock and will still pass even taking your time at the extension.

Edit: MM beat me to it haha

Forum Member

Quick question for those with a score of 101. Anybody hear anything regarding people receiving the reference letters, from employers or friends? Had my intake in january, as of yet i Have not heard of anybody receiving any letters. I am only asking because i am not entirely sure my boss would let me know.

Forum Member

Quick question for those with a score of 101. Anybody hear anything regarding people receiving the reference letters, from employers or friends? Had my intake in january, as of yet i Have not heard of anybody receiving any letters. I am only asking because i am not entirely sure my boss would let me know.
    I had my intake last week and my references and current job received letters.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

1400's here, have not received anything, when did you receive it and for when?
    I have not received my appointment yet but a few folks I spoke with at my medical and cpat prep around my list number have gotten there's as long as almost 2 weeks ago. I'm low 1400s.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    I had my intake last week and my references and current job received letters.
    Did you have all your papers and your investigator didn't give you a checklist of things you were missing ?

Forum Member

Did you have all your papers and your investigator didn't give you a checklist of things you were missing ?
    I got a checklist. I have to give in two letters of support, explanation of other info, and have my college transcript mailed. My residency proofs and everything else is good.
    Score: 101
    List #: 19XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Yes, control of the ladder is a critical part of the test. Like you said, the CPAT is easy enough to complete in time that you should be taking it at a controlled pace. You're more likely to **** something up like the ladder if you rush.

Went to the rock recently. Still a lotta roll ups hahaha. You guys looked good though.
    Thank you. The majority of us want and deserve to be there. The few INDIVIDUALS with roll ups do not. Hence the roll ups haha.

PT tomorrow in 26 degree weather. Can't wait!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post
    Thank you. The majority of us want and deserve to be there. The few INDIVIDUALS with roll ups do not. Hence the roll ups haha.

PT tomorrow in 26 degree weather. Can't wait!
    can someone explain what roll ups are? im guessing its not a good thing...in the academy

thanks
    LIST 6019-89*
    LIST 2000-18**

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bk60191983 View Post
    can someone explain what roll ups are? im guessing its not a good thing...in the academy

thanks
    A standard length of 2.5" diameter hose folded so that it can easily be carried into a standpipe building. They are used as a motivational tool in the academy.

Forum Member

Went back through the last 10-15 pages and tried to see where in the process I am. My list is #3000ish, so I'm looking to get my first contact letter in Nov. 14 and looking to get processed for July 15 or Jan. 16?

Forum Member

cgenao -
    im right there as well, we may sneak in to the next round of packets that should come out in the spring.. are you early in 3000s?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by pericnyc View Post
    cgenao -
    im right there as well, we may sneak in to the next round of packets that should come out in the spring.. are you early in 3000s?
    Yeah, right in that range. Need to get my a** in shape so the timing is perfect.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgenao6586 View Post
    Went back through the last 10-15 pages and tried to see where in the process I am. My list is #3000ish, so I'm looking to get my first contact letter in Nov. 14 and looking to get processed for July 15 or Jan. 16?
    From what I gather it seems like give or take 11 months at the longest before you get into the academy. My friend who got his paper work march of last year went into the January class with a list number in the range of 33X. It may be sooner going forward with promotional/priority being done with and less people still wanting the job. Also my friend who is 92X started his process early sept 2013 and is slated for the July class. See the trend going with? I'm no way 100 percent sure but it's the only thing keeping me sane at 263X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cgenao6586 View Post
    If it were my guess I'd say you'd be good for July '15 dude.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

How's It going fellas?
    Any info would be appreciated on this.
    It was touched on but couldn't find an answer on previous pages.

1. - So, I was cleared from the medical, but like many failed the stairmaster challenge due to exceeding my target heartrate.
    2. - I was allowed to retest on the stairmaster a few weeks later. As I was testing, I decided to look down at the time (7 minutes in). This caused me to accelerate my step and stumble forward. I quickly regained my posture but was to far to the left. I tapped the rail with the back of my left hand to readjust my position. At this point I was ushered off the stairmaster. Testing was concluded - Proposed Medical Disqualification
    3. - Has anyone experienced this, and successfully appealed?

=/
    Last edited by SanTony; 03-13-2014 at 12:41 AM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by SanTony View Post
    How's It going fellas?
    Any info would be appreciated on this, my first post.
    It was touched on but couldn't find an answer on previous pages.

1. - So, I was cleared from the medical, but like many failed the stairmaster challenge due to exceeding my target heartrate.
    2. - I was allowed to retest on the stairmaster a few weeks later. As I was testing, I decided to look down at the time (7 minutes in). This caused me to accelerate my step and stumble forward. I quickly regained my posture but was to far to the left. I tapped the rail with the back of my left hand to readjust my position. At this point I was ushered off the stairmaster. Testing was concluded - Proposed Medical Disqualification
    3. - Has anyone experienced this, and successfully appealed?

=/
    That really sucks. Is this really the way it works?
    Last edited by BrooklynBorn; 03-13-2014 at 12:37 AM.
    SanTony likes this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

I know =/
    The way it works;
    If you show signs of disorientation, lack of control, or extreme exhaustion the doctor at hand can stop the test at any moment.

From an examiners perspective it easily seemed as though I was losing control.
    Which I did, but it was due to nerves not exhaustion.
    Which is irrelevant at this point =/
    my concern now is if by appealing I still have a chance at this prestigious career.

My Advice;
    take each step in this process as your last, so you can intensely prepare for any unforeseen challenge.
    Last edited by SanTony; 03-13-2014 at 02:30 AM.

Thread Information