Like Tree9890Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

  1. #19626
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    I had mine at 10 this morning and showed up around 9:40. I was the 4th person and was done by 11. I think you'll be fine going in at 7:30. If your driving though, good luck trying to get a park. It took me 20 mins to find a spot. If you could take public transportation, I suggest you do.
    Thanks buddy. And yeah, I can hardly even afford my rent right now, never mind a car...

  2. #19627
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Anybody, does cpat work the same as appts with FDNY in terms of showing up early? Is showing up an hour early necessary, or will they not even let you inside at 7 am?
    I had mine at 8 am this morning. I didn't get there till about 7:50 because traffic was horrendous but there were only 4 guys there ahead of me. They took the five of us just after I got there and we were the first group of the day. I was done by about 8:45am. Guys were trickling in and taken in groups of 4/5 through the process.

  3. #19628
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    I had mine at 8 am this morning. I didn't get there till about 7:50 because traffic was horrendous but there were only 4 guys there ahead of me. They took the five of us just after I got there and we were the first group of the day. I was done by about 8:45am. Guys were trickling in and taken in groups of 4/5 through the process.

    Thanks man...

  4. #19629
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove View Post
    I had mine at 10 this morning and showed up around 9:40. I was the 4th person and was done by 11. I think you'll be fine going in at 7:30. If your driving though, good luck trying to get a park. It took me 20 mins to find a spot. If you could take public transportation, I suggest you do.
    No parking garages?

  5. #19630
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    No parking garages?
    You can pay to park under the train track at the end of the block. I had no parking issues there when I went.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  6. #19631
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    No parking garages?
    No parking garages, park under the train. I would get there early and wait to see if someone pulls out, and take it. I was there one day and found a spot, but the next time I was there, it took me about 45 minutes to find one.

  7. #19632
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    I'm embarrassed to post this, but my interview is tomorrow and I have everything EXCEPT my Intake Letter (with date and address). I know what time my interview is, but can someone please tell me the LOCATION?

    I'm really stressing out over this, I hope someone can answer this. Thanks guys.
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20xx

  8. #19633
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    333

    Default

    9 Metrotech Center
    Brooklyn, NY 11201

  9. #19634
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Thank you!
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List: 20xx

  10. #19635
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    91

    Default

    When we get our medical test do we get a seperate letter in the mail or is it done on the same day as our cpat?

  11. #19636
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    When we get our medical test do we get a seperate letter in the mail or is it done on the same day as our cpat?
    Separate. The letter for your medical will come directly from the FDNY and not DCAS.

  12. #19637
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    91

    Default

    Oooo ok and im sure i know the answer tot his but i just wanna make sure...my cpat dcas practice session is this saturday.. If i pass that i pass the cpat and dont need to take the final cpat session which would be in 2 weeks, is that correct?

  13. #19638
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Oooo ok and im sure i know the answer tot his but i just wanna make sure...my cpat dcas practice session is this saturday.. If i pass that i pass the cpat and dont need to take the final cpat session which would be in 2 weeks, is that correct?
    Are you talking about practice or time trial? Practice you go there and walk around and look and even try some events. Time trial are the ones you get 3 dates, and if you pass one of them, you are done.

  14. #19639
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    63

    Default

    I know we have to wear long pants for CPAT do we need to wear a long sleeve shirt as well or short sleeve suffice?

  15. #19640
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    677

    Default

    T-shirt is good....

  16. #19641
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Hey Guys,

    So ive been dealing with some serious knee pain (Osgood schlatters) for a while and am wondering if I should get surgery now to deal with it. Im very active, but running has been taking a toll on my knees recently. My Score on the Exam 2000 was 98 and I'm list number 4xxx, in your guys opinion, would you say Id have enough time for recovery before they call anyone in that list. Good luck to those who are doing physical and medical.

    Appreciate your replies

  17. #19642
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inwoke View Post
    Hey Guys,

    So ive been dealing with some serious knee pain (Osgood schlatters) for a while and am wondering if I should get surgery now to deal with it. Im very active, but running has been taking a toll on my knees recently. My Score on the Exam 2000 was 98 and I'm list number 4xxx, in your guys opinion, would you say Id have enough time for recovery before they call anyone in that list. Good luck to those who are doing physical and medical.

    Appreciate your replies
    None of us are doctors, my opinion would be to see what the doctor says about recovery time. The only way to answer your question is with a legit medical opinion.

  18. #19643
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inwoke View Post
    Hey Guys,

    So ive been dealing with some serious knee pain (Osgood schlatters) for a while and am wondering if I should get surgery now to deal with it. Im very active, but running has been taking a toll on my knees recently. My Score on the Exam 2000 was 98 and I'm list number 4xxx, in your guys opinion, would you say Id have enough time for recovery before they call anyone in that list. Good luck to those who are doing physical and medical.

    Appreciate your replies
    For example, I know some people wanted to get LASIK for their eyes. They can do the surgery and be back to better than 100% after the procedure with no problems after a short time. If your surgery is something with a similar outcome, back to better than 100% in short time with no lingering effects etc, then I would consider having it done. But only you and your doctor can make the final decision. See what doctor says first.
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  19. #19644
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    243

    Default

    Hey I just got the letter from the psych office to go talk to the doctor. I know a couple of you guys got this letter already. Did you go see the psych doctor yet? How was it? Pm me if you don't want to post here. Appreciate it!
    Score: 102
    List#: 11xx
    Intake Interview: Oct 29, 2013
    CPAT: Nov 9, 2013
    Psych: Jan 25, 2014
    Med: Jan 29, 2014
    Run Letter: June 18, 2014
    Run Date: June 25, 2014
    Academy Start Date: July 14, 2014

  20. #19645
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    15

    Cool

    Passed Cpat today.. Got there 45 minutes early they took me pretty quickly.. I found it easier then the rock training. Good luck to whoever didn't take it yet.. Just waiting for psych and medical.


    List 19xx
    bk60191983 likes this.

  21. #19646
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inwoke View Post
    Hey Guys,

    So ive been dealing with some serious knee pain (Osgood schlatters) for a while and am wondering if I should get surgery now to deal with it. Im very active, but running has been taking a toll on my knees recently. My Score on the Exam 2000 was 98 and I'm list number 4xxx, in your guys opinion, would you say Id have enough time for recovery before they call anyone in that list. Good luck to those who are doing physical and medical.

    Appreciate your replies
    If I were you I would get the surgery done ASAP because trust me when I say the Academy is VERY tough on your knees. A lot of guys are having knee issues without ever having prior knee problems. You should have enough time to recover and strengthen it before your list # is reached.

  22. #19647
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    298

    Default

    Met a guy at the gym today who is 2100 ish and already took and passed his cpat.

  23. #19648
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    533

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by grizzle View Post
    Hey I just got the letter from the psych office to go talk to the doctor. I know a couple of you guys got this letter already. Did you go see the psych doctor yet? How was it? Pm me if you don't want to post here. Appreciate it!
    Ah man, I thought I was %100 in the clear for psyc since i took it in early February and haven't heard anything. I guess I'll be watching the mailbox for a while more still.
    List # 12XX

  24. #19649
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    186

    Default

    How many guys have dropped in current class?

  25. #19650
    Forum Member

    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    298

    Default

    I think around 20

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 32 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 27 guests)

  1. DannyD0pe,
  2. IronBars,
  3. Matador611,
  4. MuscleHamster,
  5. New Flyer

Similar Threads

  1. Remember The Brothers 9-11-01
    By E40FDNYL35 in forum The 9-11 Tragedy
    Replies: 133
    Last Post: 09-29-2014, 04:52 AM
  2. FDNY Medical Exam
    By FDNY78 in forum Testing & Fitness
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-13-2014, 08:46 PM
  3. Fdny exam
    By ffkisselstein in forum Hiring & Employment Discussion
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 11-04-2010, 12:43 PM
  4. Firefighters Betrayed
    By Nail200 in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 259
    Last Post: 07-07-2007, 03:11 PM
  5. No Firefighter Should Ever Die Again
    By blancety in forum Firefighters Forum
    Replies: 280
    Last Post: 07-09-2005, 11:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

Log in

Click here to log in or register