Like Tree11284Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    I think around 20
    Yes somewhere around there. No more than 30.

Forum Member

Any new psych appointments received besides this coming Saturday's. Having trouble contacting reaching my investigator to find out if I'm scheduled for it and my letter was just lost in the mail so I'm starting to freak out a bit.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by sffdnyhopeful09 View Post
    Any new psych appointments received besides this coming Saturday's. Having trouble contacting reaching my investigator to find out if I'm scheduled for it and my letter was just lost in the mail so I'm starting to freak out a bit.
    I don't know your situation, but I was always under the impression no news is good news.

Forum Member

I have my oral psych interview on the 31st, does anyone know of any body that has ever failed the oral interview ?
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by brian_patrick View Post
    I don't know your situation, but I was always under the impression no news is good news.
    I think he's talking about the initial psych exam.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Seems like oral psychs are more popular than they used to be

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Probably because more and more people get treatment for mental health issues, seeing someone or taking a prescribed medication doesn't have the same stigma it did years ago. So you probably have more candidates that have seen someone or have taken a medication so the department has to make sure the person they're hiring is sane and not completely off the rails.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    Yea really. With 6019 I think remember one guy saying they had an oral psych. Maybe people just didn't post it though. With that said, even though more seem to be called in, it doesn't seem like people are having trouble with their oral psych.

Forum Member

Hey fellas and ladies, got my psych set for April 12! Keep an eye on those mailboxes.
    List#: 15XX
    Intake: 01/24/2014
    Medical: 02/14/2014
    CPAT: 03/26/2014
    Psych: 4/12/2014

Forum Member

I feel like they really going "out of order" recently- its throwing me off big time lol I cant keep track how far along everyone is and how high they might get on this list.

Forum Member

Investigator finally just called me back. My psych was just scheduled this morning for April 12. They are definitely moving out of order because I've spoken to folks higher than me on the lid and their psych is this Saturday.

Forum Member

All that matters is all your stuff (intake paperwork, medical, psych and cpat) are put to bed before the class and secondly most importantly staying on top of your investigators. Worst case, no shame in calling Peggy Quinn if your investigator isn't doing that right thing, being too busy is not a good enough excuse for anyone to miss a class. Most importantly is being in shape!!!
    List#: 15XX
    Intake: 01/24/2014
    Medical: 02/14/2014
    CPAT: 03/26/2014
    Psych: 4/12/2014

Forum Member

Don't ever hash tag FDNY.

We're in the process of getting killed because a guy couldn't resist taking a picture at the parade. Just giving you guys coming in next class some warning.

Forum Member

Is there link to a more updated list? I remember there was a link to updated list with people claiming residency an veterans after the list was established.

Forum Member

MM or FFwnt2b,

Could you shed some light on the "week in the field"?

That seems to be our next big event now that midterms are over. We've been hearing the first week of April is when we go (but I speculate that's just a rumor). Do you remember how long after midterms your week in the field was? Thanks!

Forum Member

Last edited by TheBrooklynKid; 08-26-2014 at 12:08 PM.

OAK
    Forum Member

Default PD to FD

For the probie's in the current and past class that switched from PD to FD, can you guys let me know if you guys took a leave of absence or did you just resign? Also, did u guys keep your PD pension or did you switch to what FD offers. And did you give the CO's/XO's any notice? Thanks in advance, please PM if your more comfortable.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mtk123 View Post

We're in the process of getting killed because a guy couldn't resist taking a picture at the parade. Just giving you guys coming in next class some warning.
    And everyone in the class knows who it was?? That guy must feel good! No matter how much warning, there will always be that guy. Keep up the good work over there!
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.

Forum Member

On the other hand, I enjoy looking at #FDNY on instagram. But yeah, as a probie in the class that's a very bad idea. Still, you could say that a thousand times and there's still going to be someone that does it.

MM or FFwnt2b,

Could you shed some light on the "week in the field"?

That seems to be our next big event now that midterms are over. We've been hearing the first week of April is when we go (but I speculate that's just a rumor). Do you remember how long after midterms your week in the field was? Thanks!
    I don't recall. It'll probably be sometime in the next month. I'm hoping you guys come around before I go on vacation. It's a good week.

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    For the probie's in the current and past class that switched from PD to FD, can you guys let me know if you guys took a leave of absence or did you just resign? Also, did u guys keep your PD pension or did you switch to what FD offers. And did you give the CO's/XO's any notice? Thanks in advance, please PM if your more comfortable.
    I know it's not going to be the exact same as EMS, but you probably can just take a leave of absence. What pension you go into depends on when you entered the PD pension. It really shouldn't change though, since PD and FD are always grouped together in the pension tiers. The biggest thing with you guys would probably be that your pension has to be transferred from PD to FD. So when you transfer you will initially be considered as tier 3 modified by 6, and then they'll do whatever it is they do to move your pension $ from the PD pension fund to FD and you'll become tier 2 (or 3) again.

OAK
    Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    I know it's not going to be the exact same as EMS, but you probably can just take a leave of absence. What pension you go into depends on when you entered the PD pension. It really shouldn't change though, since PD and FD are always grouped together in the pension tiers. The biggest thing with you guys would probably be that your pension has to be transferred from PD to FD. So when you transfer you will initially be considered as tier 3 modified by 6, and then they'll do whatever it is they do to move your pension $ from the PD pension fund to FD and you'll become tier 2 (or 3) again.
    I appreciate the prompt response however from my research I don't think what you said is accurate. I know there are guys in the class who made the switch & I'd love to hear a concise answer from them on this and the pension matter. Thx in advance.
    Last edited by OAK; 03-20-2014 at 10:30 PM.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by OAK View Post
    I appreciate the prompt response however from my research I don't think what you said is accurate. I know there are guys in the class who made the switch & I'd love to hear a concise answer from them on this and the pension matter. Thx in advance.
    I'm telling you from experience, whatever date you first entered the pension system dictates which tier you'll have in fire. Since PD and FD pensions are identical your tier really should not change, it will just go from 1 fund to another since they are independently managed. The FDNY Pension director that spoke to my class and helped people figure out if they qualified to go into tier 2 said it really didn't matter where you worked when you first entered the city or state pension system. The only thing that mattered was what date.

If you want a truly accurate answer you should find the # for the NYPD Pension Fund and ask them, or I will look up the # for the FDNY pension fund when I'm at work again and you can call them.

OAK
    Forum Member

Last edited by OAK; 03-20-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Forum Member

The week in the field is great. Just remember, hustle, clean, ask questions about fire ops, if not keep quiet. You will have a great time, nothing like hopping in the rig for your first run.
    I can't remember when it was, seemed like so long ago though. LOL

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFwnt2b View Post
    The week in the field is great. Just remember, hustle, clean, ask questions about fire ops, if not keep quiet. You will have a great time, nothing like hopping in the rig for your first run.
    I can't remember when it was, seemed like so long ago though. LOL
    I remember my first was the night I showed up with a cake. They told me to hop on the rig for an EMS run. We were 10-91'd within a block. I didn't really have any idea what was going on at the time.

Forum Member

Passed the CPAT yesterday..still waiting on the medical and psych letters...keeping focused and working out! Good luck to everyone in the academy and in the hiring process.
    bk60191983 likes this.
    List #-18**
    Intake: 2/26
    CPAT: 3/20-PASSED
    Medical: 7/18
    2nd Medical: 8/1-CLEARED
    Pysch:8/9- CLEARED
    RUN-12/10-PASSED

Thread Information