Like Tree9531Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    I had the same response haha...

who would go out in public with that? All we have done is taken the test, we don't even know our scores yet, and they are making shirts. Lets wait till we get through the academy, then you can worry about shirts...
    just what shirts with score and rank are coming out next

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

Whats wrong with the shirt? I would wear it, I take pride in what I'm doing. I'm pretty sure there's people out there who feel the same.

Forum Member

Skav, dont get me wrong you should definitely take pride in what you are doing.

Its just that we really haven't done anything deserving of wearing FDNY on our clothes. It seems kinda cheesy to me.

All we have done is taken a test, we aren't even organized yet in the way the 6019 guys are.

JMHO

Forum Member

I had a buddy ask me if I thought he could be the guy who cooks, and drives the truck so he never has to go in to a fire....and he took the test. I am proud to be starting this process, but I wouldn't wear that shirt just because I participated in step 1.

Forum Member

Yea But I'm confident enough to say that we will get there. It just takes time, but I still would wear it. I take pride in what I have worked so hard so far to get this job(physically & mentally) and I will continue to do so. Jmho I think that's worthy enough for now Atleast.

Forum Member

Hey guys, I was thinkin bout ordering some bunker gear off of ebay. Anybody wanna go halve-sies?

MembersZone Subscriber

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Hey guys, I was thinkin bout ordering some bunker gear off of ebay. Anybody wanna go halve-sies?
    Can I have the left pant leg, right boot, and right jacket sleeve

Forum Member

Away from the jokes, get into the academy first. You can be as confident as Lord Byron himself, but until you graduate and they put a Morning Pride on your head with probationary firefighter in an orange square, wait lol.

For anyone that had the issue with PSI and your records, I did the online site too and to this day still haven't received my online records, BUT did call them 48 hours after, they have my records on their computers, and will be taking the review on May 16th down by DCAS HQ.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by My1Goal View Post
    Hey Myles, call PSI to have them update their system. I couldn't set up the review for a week until I finally called them up to see what was going on. Here's the # 1800-701-0289.
    i called and set it up thanks for the info,
    iam guessing we wont know how this is being scored before the protest?

MembersZone Subscriber

Does anyone know how the background/personality section of the test is scored or if it goes towards your test score at all? That's the only part of the test I had any issue with.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mello951 View Post
    Does anyone know how the background/personality section of the test is scored or if it goes towards your test score at all? That's the only part of the test I had any issue with.
    The personality section is scored. Weight and how each question is scored shall be discussed after the exam closing and review date. Good luck.

Forum Member

this might sound dumb, but on the sheet they gave me to schedule a review they use the term "fdny entrance exam review appointment" but on the site its says "protest review appointment" are these the same thing?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkjets75 View Post
    I didn't catch that the first 6 times-can you repeat it once more? haha

Honestly there is no strategy, all you can do is practice.
    lol.........

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by cohen32 View Post
    this might sound dumb, but on the sheet they gave me to schedule a review they use the term "fdny entrance exam review appointment" but on the site its says "protest review appointment" are these the same thing?
    Yes...yes they are.

MembersZone Subscriber

Hey everyone,

Took the test on the 17th at the Masonic Hall in Manhattan (noon) and have to say had a good mix of people testing with me, and there was a few empty seats in my test. Dont know if they scheduled to have them all filled in my time slot or people didnt show up to test.

As for the advise given here about the test from those who tested before me you are right with the answers that all you could do was prepare and that you couldnt even help even if you wanted too. (great advice for anyone who hasnt tested yet). Just take your time and if you prepared for it you will do fine.

As for the t-shirts from the fire store. It will be available next week. has been approved. Stopped into the store prior to leaving for home and the lady/part owner showed me the shirt and said they will be going up for sale on the web site and had gotten the approval. She was pretty knowledgable when it came to the phases of testing and had a rough idea as to how many people are taking the test, her source was from one of the dept chaplains.

With that Im with Scav I'll be buying a shirt. I have a few reasons but the big reason is to say to the ones I work with that I had the Balls to take the test, that I unlike you have the opportunity to get a job with the best dept in the country and IMO the world. while they can now sit with their thoughts and wonder what if. I can atleast say Yep I did it.

Also I posted that I got an email from the commish but the recording called me as I was boarding my plane which I thought was pretty cool.

So let the post test anxiety begin. Few more weeks everyone, and we can start compareing notes.

Till then lets remember Lt. Nappi Engine 237 LODD 4-16-2012. R.I.P
    Last edited by MIDWESTRECRUIT; 04-18-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Forum Member

Lightbulb

I don't know if those "I tested" shirts are for a good cause or just made so someone can make some money off of people pursuing their career but i have a suggestion for those wanting to buy FDNY inspired tee shirts. Instead of sending your money to whomever makes those shirts why don't you purchase a shirt meant to help some of the FDNY non-profit organizations. ex. the Stephen Siller foundation, the Brandon Morroco project. I think that would better reflect your desire to join the FDNY.
    RIP Lt. Nappi.

Forum Member

took the test sunday, been running through it in my head ever since, i dont remember this much anxiety over 6019 but iam sure i had it. i feel for you guys ho were in the first weeks of taking it. on saturday i went to a city review session given by firefighters and they said that nowhere near the amount of people who sighned up for the test have taken it. they also said that they need people badly. as for the t-shirts while pursuing a career with the fdny the dream of everyone on here and most who took the test like i3akdraft said your money may be better off someplace else. i wonder why they even made these considering the test has not even been given the 100 percent go ahead.

Forum Member

For starters what I'm looking forward to most is to see how many people out of the 62,000 signed up to test actually showed up. The vulcans estimated 35-40,000. Curious to see if it's less or more.

Forum Member

You know what? Im most concerned about what my list number is gonna look like. I don't even care who or who did not take the exam. All I'm worried about is if I'm even gonna have a shot at the physical. Can't wait till may for the review session.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    took the test sunday, been running through it in my head ever since, i dont remember this much anxiety over 6019 but iam sure i had it. i feel for you guys ho were in the first weeks of taking it. on saturday i went to a city review session given by firefighters and they said that nowhere near the amount of people who sighned up for the test have taken it. they also said that they need people badly. as for the t-shirts while pursuing a career with the fdny the dream of everyone on here and most who took the test like i3akdraft said your money may be better off someplace else. i wonder why they even made these considering the test has not even been given the 100 percent go ahead.
    Agree with you about more anxiety than 6019 - think the leadup to the exam, amount of people taking it, using a computer and having each section timed might of rattled me a bit. Is anyone seeing any other locations other than BK and Manhattan for the exam review? I went on today and that's all they had.

Forum Member

I took mine the 14th and I can't wait to talk to you guys about the third and fourth sections.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by I3akdraf View Post
    I don't know if those "I tested" shirts are for a good cause or just made so someone can make some money off of people pursuing their career but i have a suggestion for those wanting to buy FDNY inspired tee shirts. Instead of sending your money to whomever makes those shirts why don't you purchase a shirt meant to help some of the FDNY non-profit organizations. ex. the Stephen Siller foundation, the Brandon Morroco project. I think that would better reflect your desire to join the FDNY.
    RIP Lt. Nappi.
    Thats a great point bro

Forum Member

Aren't there merit matters shirts?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    Aren't there merit matters shirts?
    Yes, check there website, a while back they had the contact information up and you could meet up with the fireman that ran it and get a shirt

Forum Member

Took the test on the 17th down on Lafayette, there were a good mix of people but the thing that stood out the most to me was how young these kids were. Regardless, luck guys.

Can't wait till May 11th!!! =/

Thread Information