Like Tree9527Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BKLYN1986 View Post
    Just found out my TB test fax was never delivered from my wifes hospita and it has been 10 days since my medical. Has this happened to anyone? Will they give an opportunity to take it again when i return for the stairs?
    Had this same problem- the fax was never received but then I sent it and they got it. From what she told me, if i didnt get it faxed in time I would just have to get it done again. I dont know if that meant that they would give me another one or if I would have to get it done on my own, but I do know they gave me another shot.

Forum Member

If you don't get it seen in time to check the results you'd have to do it again. When you fax it shouldn't matter.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by TomFromQueens View Post
    You and me both, does anyone know Farmers Almanac is saying for this summer lol ?

record setting heat avg of 99 low of 87 for the whole summer
    FD Exam # 2000
    Score- 102
    List- 10xx
    CPAT- Passed
    Psych- Passed
    Medical - Passed
    Retest for stairs -Passed
    Medically cleared for hire....."can't wait" -Bart Scott

Forum Member

Got bored and looked it up haha

"Summer will be hotter and rainier than normal, with the hottest periods in early June, early to mid-July, and early to mid-August."

Perfect weather!
    thirdtimesacharm likes this.

Forum Member

We've had the coldest academy in 15 years so says our senior drill instructor. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the opposite this summer.

We tripled the snow accumulation of the 1st class (01-13) by early Feburary. We better have a hot summer, I'm over this snow stuff haha.

Forum Member

In response to the FDNYfit instagram and Facebook campaign:
    I am in total agreement with those that feel as if its best to just stay out of the way of that campaign, especially in light of the half nude seflies some probies have been known to take.

Heres the thing. It doesn't seem like the DIs or anyone at the rock day to day is saying gee guys we should have an instagram campaign. I do know people that post foolish things on social media will have that come back to haunt them, certainly.

The social media thing is something from recruitment and diversity, most likely. Has anyone seen nypd or any of the military's websites? They are all fully integrated now. You can tweet recruiters and ask questions. Like any other business, people are saying having a social media presence is important... honestly, for something like this I tend to disagree. But fast forward ten years and imagine any of us at 15 wondering how we could get on the job and think of all the resources we used to find out about it. I certainly used the internet, but I also read a lot of books, visited houses and asked questions when I met firefighters because no one in my family is on the job. The idea seems to be to make the exposure to information about this job as equally accessible by as many people as possible the goal - because we all know that historically this job is so good that its been passed down from grandparent to child to grandchild and so on.

Having more people know how to get on this job does nothing for the difficulty of getting on this job. This is more about saving face and selling test cards to test takers. The people that actually get on this job are a pretty self selecting crew to begin with and this instagram nonsense won't change that at all.

So sit back and enjoy the show because Im sure there will be some freaks that post on that hashtag. Don't let it be you. And keep an eye out for them if they ever make it into your probie class
    grizzle likes this.
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Hey 4040 you mentioned something about a rumor of packets this Friday or next. Any truth?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ready4fire View Post
    Anyone on here struggling with knee pain or runners knee when jogging outdoors?

As far as your runner's knee, it could be attributed to your feet. If they're flat, then that could be attributed to weak calves, hamstrings, and hip flexors. Any and all of those issues can point to a knee problem. With any injury, you have to play detective and find the underlying cause.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Is the first packet from DCAS or FDNY? I sent in an address change, but DCAS hasn't changed it in their automated system yet.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Hey 4040 you mentioned something about a rumor of packets this Friday or next. Any truth?
    buddy of mine mentioned it. speculation at best as his name isn't Peggy but the reasoning seemed pretty valid. heres to hoping
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Also, just to confirm, DCAS' automated system says the list expires June 26, 2017.

Forum Member

Hey guys I was wondering....if you have a substance abuse issue that was 6 years ago would that disqualify you or are you protected by the ada?

Forum Member

nothing is protected . Let them know about it . Ull have to make a written explanation about the situation . And they will make of it what they will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobstiller View Post
    Hey guys I was wondering....if you have a substance abuse issue that was 6 years ago would that disqualify you or are you protected by the ada?

Forum Member

I am not fully sure how to use this instigram thing, but why do so many people post videos of themselves doing half squats. A squat is below parallel, why not just not post it.
    bk60191983 and frankp88 like this.
    Exam# 2000
    List# 6,xxx
    Score 98

Forum Member

Seems like that one guy is the only one really posting pics with that hashtag hahaha

Forum Member

I must have just gotten a search for fitness or something in general then. I am not hating on any one guy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bkopie View Post
    Also, just to confirm, DCAS' automated system says the list expires June 26, 2017.
    So when can we expect the next exam to be given? Fall of 2016?

Forum Member

On that that FDNYFIT, no one running *shakes head*

Also they won't accept my selfie of me flexing and just in a pair of bike shorts, what's up with that ?
    mocon337 likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

RIP to the brothers who lost their lives at that fire today in Boston. Also hope the ones injured have speedy recoveries. True heroes

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    buddy of mine mentioned it. speculation at best as his name isn't Peggy but the reasoning seemed pretty valid. heres to hoping
    What was the reasoning behind his speculation?

Forum Member

Whats the last list number they reached on the OC for the current class?

Forum Member

Bobstiller turn your private message on

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by apples&oranges View Post
    Whats the last list number they reached on the OC for the current class?
    In the 720's
    apples&oranges likes this.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

I turned it on pericnyc. Thanks.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by k20dc2 View Post
    nothing is protected . Let them know about it . Ull have to make a written explanation about the situation . And they will make of it what they will.
    I do not mean protected from them not knowing, I meant protected from discrimination after they know. Ada stands for "Americans disability act" which protects employees from employers discriminating against rehabilitated drug addicts and others with disabilities. As long as the disability does not interfere with the performance of the required job.

Thread Information