Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 802 of 1019 FirstFirst ... 302702752792799800801802803804805812852902 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,040 of 20371
Like Tree7734Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    no you should be good. A lot of it is papers that you have to fill out, and then the rest will be papers that you have to get in order to fill certain requirements. So when people are talking about all the paperwork their is, its not necessarily all paperwork that you have to fill out, its also paper work that you have to go get... if that makes any sense lol

Makes perfect sense indeed, thanks. You get a http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...jpg?1318992465
    FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 18xx

Forum Member

I'm curious on what can DQ you from the process? I ve had some jobs where I've had issues with owners and disagreements, curious if their opinions away the investigators?

I don't remember providing them with an email, how do you update your email address??
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:101

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by ovaltine_jenkins View Post
    Exactly how it's done - first they read all the Engines, then all the Trucks, then the Decon Engines, then the CPC Trucks.
    What exactly is a Decon Engine? Or a CPC Truck? Do they respond to typical fire jobs or are they specialized units?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by CableGuy516 View Post
    What exactly is a Decon Engine? Or a CPC Truck? Do they respond to typical fire jobs or are they specialized units?
    Chemical Protective Clothing trucks and decon engines are the lowest level of specialized units that are set up to respond to hazmat incidents. It's a few extra days of training and your company has an extra vehicle with the specialized stuff in it. If there was ever a true hazmat incident your unit could be called to help fill out the manpower needed to set up hot/warm zones, decon corridor, etc.

EKFCASPER: Look at the list, most of the very top are guys with military points. They're probably all still active duty. Again, if you want to really get an accurate count you need more information.

Forum Member

Got my packet today. Interview in March. List #20xx.

[QUOTE=Manhattan Medic;1392723]Chemical Protective Clothing trucks and decon engines are the lowest level of specialized units that are set up to respond to hazmat incidents. It's a few extra days of training and your company has an extra vehicle with the specialized stuff in it. If there was ever a true hazmat incident your unit could be called to help fill out the manpower needed to set up hot/warm zones, decon corridor, etc.

Does that mean that decon engine receive the extra 12% hazmat pay, since they could be used in a hazmat senerio???
    FDNY Exam 2000
    Score:101

Forum Member

so in all honesty guys, what do you think the packets going out this early really means. Does it support the rumor that they are going to 3 classes a year and that the next class will be earlier then we originally thought, or does the packets going out earlier then we thought how no significance at all? Also does it mean they are going through more guys then we thought and are thinking they may need more guys for the spring/summer class?

Forum Member

[QUOTE=KingOfNeptune;1392726]
    Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Chemical Protective Clothing trucks and decon engines are the lowest level of specialized units that are set up to respond to hazmat incidents. It's a few extra days of training and your company has an extra vehicle with the specialized stuff in it. If there was ever a true hazmat incident your unit could be called to help fill out the manpower needed to set up hot/warm zones, decon corridor, etc.

Does that mean that decon engine receive the extra 12% hazmat pay, since they could be used in a hazmat senerio???
    Nice try, no.

There are 4 engines in the city that are categorized as Hazmat Tech Units and get SOC differential. I'd be surprised if they ever got probies, considering the incentive.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by EKFCASPER View Post
    Yea I was just seeing what happened with the top guys. From the outside in you would expect to see a lot more than 5 graduate. Maybe they passed on it, maybe they have records etc...
    http://www.nyc.gov/html/fdny/insider...up_56_2013.pdf

Have fun with that.

Forum Member

Thanks mm. It's easier than you think. I view this site from my iphone, all those documents I open in iBooks which allows me to search names.

Forum Member

Congrats to everyone receiving packets today. It's funny to see the new waves of packets going out and the new waves of people posting on this thread. What I can recommend to any new comers is to go to your profile and edit your "signature" so that it looks something like this :

FDNY Exam: 2000
    Score: 101
    List number: 18xx

That way everytime you post you will see under your post what list number range you're in. Just a suggestion. Congrats again guys. Your training started yesterday!
    grizzle likes this.
    Exam # - 2000
    Score - 103
    List # - 4XX

Forum Member

So now that they graduated when do the probies report for their first tour?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDEngine View Post
    So now that they graduated when do the probies report for their first tour?
    Besides the guys that have to go back for cpc/decon training I believe they enter the field at 0900 on Monday, which just means that they fall into the schedule on that date. Due to the way the schedule works their first tour could be anywhere between Monday day and Thursday day.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Manhattan Medic View Post
    Besides the guys that have to go back for cpc/decon training I believe they enter the field at 0900 on Monday, which just means that they fall into the schedule on that date. Due to the way the schedule works their first tour could be anywhere between Monday day and Thursday day.
    Thanks MM appreciate it

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by J Fitz View Post
    Got my packet today. Interview in March. List #20xx.
    wow they hit the 2000s already??! Looking good for me. Congrats man
    Last edited by Patiently_Waiting; 12-06-2013 at 09:02 AM.
    FDNY Exam #2000
    Score - 99
    List # - 46XX

Forum Member

Sooo I know this has been covered already but whats the general wait time between Intake, Medical, CPAT...
    FDNY Exam # 2000
    List # 140X

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MeloX View Post
    Sooo I know this has been covered already but whats the general wait time between Intake, Medical, CPAT...
    It varies a lot. For instance my intake was sometime in March and medical in august. Some guys had the medical as the last step guys a little bit after me did medical before cpat I think. It changes a lot just be physically fit and ready for anything
    MeloX and dem7191 like this.

Forum Member

Anyone in jackson heights/ woodside queens area wanna meet up for a run or two?

Forum Member

I'm pretty much done with everything, just need to drop off one more thing to my investigator next week. If all my arrests were ACD and sealed, and I was only fired from one job due to calling out for finals, I should be good right? And everything else is good.

Thread Information