Like Tree11256Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBorn View Post
    I don't have any of that stuff on the list, such as mortgage or rent statement etc. I have lived in brooklyn my whole life in the same house. I have multiple W-2's and My Drivers license. I don't see how they could tell me I don't have enough proof for the credit.

When can we start talking about the test? how many more days? I am anxious to hear what mannix has to say.
    I've gone through the background process twice already. All they're going to do is keep asking for more and more info that you do have to prove you've grown up there. The first time I had to have my mother write a letter, notarize it, and send it in to prove that I had been living there since the day I had graduated college. Believe me if you're from the boros, you'll be fine with this part.
    Skavenger85 likes this.

Forum Member

Thanks. It will be the one time I am proud to say I still live at home lol

Forum Member

while we have nothing but time between now & the review period, anyone care to guess how many Q's you could get wrong but still realistically have a shot at the job?

Was also wondering if on 6019 any Q's were worth 1 point or more than 1 point? Or were all worth less than 1 point?

MembersZone Subscriber

Yeah that's a good question. I don't recall how many questions in total not including the personality stuff that was on the test. I'm still killing self over one of the math questions.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MIDWESTRECRUIT View Post
    Yeah that's a good question. I don't recall how many questions in total not including the personality stuff that was on the test. I'm still killing self over one of the math questions.

there's 2 video Q's and 1 personality Q I keep going over myself. I'm sure everyone has their own Q's they wish they could have back. It's tough to say without knowing how much each one/section is worth, but that's what led me to wonder how many you could get wrong and still have a shot.

Forum Member

I had two video questions I wasn't sure about and two reading comp questions I wasn't sure about. The math was no problem at all

Forum Member
    Hiding in the shadows waiting for the sun!!

I feel like this test was designed to target everyone's weak area. Every friend I know so far said they keep going over a few questions in their head. So I know what you all mean, I also feel the same. Can't wait for my review on may 11th. Just to get an idea of how this is going to be weighed, that's if psi/dcas say something.

Forum Member

Oh god, enough with the t-shirt bulls h I t. C'mon people if you want to donate money do it the right way and write a check and send it to the organization of your choice.
    My biggest pet peeve, besides people who cut their fingernails on the train, are people who donate money and look for some sort of praise.
    If you find a need to buy a shirt that tells others that you are one of the 60000 candidates , it just seems odd to me. Just be humble people what's meant to be will be.
    Being heroic loses its luster when you have the need to Bragg, boy I hate braggers. Well everyone enjoy your weekend.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    Yes, check there website, a while back they had the contact information up and you could meet up with the fireman that ran it and get a shirt
    Free shirts? Sign me up for two.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by HopefulFF View Post
    post test anxiety the second my foot hit the pavement...down to wondering "i clicked yes for residency credit, RIGHT?".

Test def wasn't exactly how I expected it to be. I'm certain I did not get every question right, but I think (hope) I got no more than 6-8 wrong. Who knows....
    Be very careful. You know some people on here are very sensitive about talking about test questions right?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by bensonhurstlovesme View Post
    Just be humble people what's meant to be will be.
    Being heroic loses its luster when you have the need to Bragg, boy I hate braggers. Well everyone enjoy your weekend.

Stuff is actually good for you though.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YkvdAsbaI4...Braggs_ACV.jpg
    Last edited by roadrunner09; 04-22-2012 at 12:30 AM.
    HopefulFF likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by roadrunner09 View Post
    Stuff is actually good for you though.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YkvdAsbaI4...Braggs_ACV.jpg
    Hey, it's organic.

Forum Member

I would be embarrassed to wear any shirt that says I just took a test. Buy a merit matters shirt and then you can tell people about what a crock disparate impact is. I doubt most people know this crap goes on because of the medias spin on it.

Forum Member

Free shirts? Sign me up for two.
    they're actually not free, I think they were 15 bucks

Forum Member

I would be embarrassed to wear any shirt that says I just took a test. Buy a merit matters shirt and then you can tell people about what a crock disparate impact is. I doubt most people know this crap goes on because of the medias spin on it.
    without a doubt, thats just wearing a poster about it...i think being embarrassed would be an understatement...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by MerritMatters View Post
    they're actually not free, I think they were 15 bucks
    will it make me look good if i buy one?

Forum Member

will it make me look good if i buy one?
    haha, you'll just know that you're doing a good thing by helping the organization raise money for the cause...

Forum Member

SO people are still taking this test till when? plus what about people in the army who are taking it a later date, does that mean we can't talk about till they gave taken it.

Forum Member

SO people are still taking this test till when? plus what about people in the army who are taking it a later date, does that mean we can't talk about till they gave taken it.
    Nothing has been confirmed but on the joinfdny facebook page says the week was the last week of testing so who knows.

Forum Member

The people that were deployed/ on active duty will have a chance to take it but thats seperate from our testing/filing. The list will be established and they are then added at a later date. The last list had people that had adjusted or added scores getting list numbers in the 1/2's. #1200.5 etc..
    FDNY Exam 6019 List# 14XX.
    Lawsuit Victim: Completed process, cancelled academy.

FDNY Exam 2000 List# 6XX.

Forum Member

I motion we not discuss the test until 06-01-2012, the end of eligibility to protest.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    I motion we not discuss the test until 06-01-2012, the end of eligibility to protest.
    Do they have Robert's Rules of Order for the internet

Forum Member

Lol, I was looking for opposition to the idea.

Review: Brooklyn, May 14 at 1600 hours. Who's meeting up after? Would like to start putting some names with faces.

Forum Member

Was also wondering if on 6019 any Q's were worth 1 point or more than 1 point? Or were all worth less than 1 point?[/QUOTE]

I looked at my old answer sheet from 6019, and there were 45 questions on answer sheet #1. Questions 1-5 were worth 1 point, and questions 6-45 were worth 1/8 of a point. For answer sheet #2, questions 1-5 were worth 1 point. Questions 6-110 were worth 1/3 of a point, and questions 111-150 were worth 1 point. Hope that helps!

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FDNYPD View Post
    Lol, I was looking for opposition to the idea.

Review: Brooklyn, May 14 at 1600 hours. Who's meeting up after? Would like to start putting some names with faces.
    I havent made a date yet. Is it too late for that date?

Thread Information