Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 817 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 317717767807814815816817818819820827867917 ... LastLast
Results 16,321 to 16,340 of 24116
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

And for the cpat training depending on what day you pick you go every other week for 6 sessions. My cpat came somewhere around my 4th or 5th session

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by VanCroon View Post
    About how long are the prep courses for the cpat? Also, are those prep courses the ones that would count as the test if you complete it in time? Or the actual testing is a different scheduled time after the prep is done?
    I went to the Saturday afternoon sessions from 1-5 and we were usually out of there by 3:30pm. I think once we stayed a little past 4.
    Exam: 2000
    Score: 102
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by myles8683 View Post
    When you call that number what does "not outstanding certification " mean? Has anyone gotten any different answer ?
    That means you are good to go, just waiting for the hiring agency (fdny) to get to your number on the list. It will say not qualified if you haven't completed both the written and CPAT yet. If you have done the CPAT and are still not listed as qualified (not outstanding certification), then they haven't processed your results yet. You are not "officially" on the list until you're listed as "not outstanding certification." Basically 388 are good to go for the next class. They update the list every Sunday. So check it every Monday. If you guys think you're in hiring range for the next class I would be calling after next Monday and see what's up, because fdny will not call you unless your an "elgible" candidate on the civil service list. I checked it Saturday night and I was "not qualified". Checked Monday morning and now I'm qualified. And just to clarify, just because your "qualified" by DCAS, does not mean you're qualified by FDNY. The 388 that are good to go right now, don't sweat a thing, just wait for the call rather it be January or July. Any body above that number, I'm sure they'll process your results soon and you'll be good for the call in January or July too. Just keep an eye on it ladies and gentlemen. People do make mistakes, don't let someone else's mistake effect you.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    That means you are good to go, just waiting for the hiring agency (fdny) to get to your number on the list. It will say not qualified if you haven't completed both the written and CPAT yet. If you have done the CPAT and are still not listed as qualified (not outstanding certification), then they haven't processed your results yet. You are not "officially" on the list until you're listed as "not outstanding certification." Basically 388 are good to go for the next class. They update the list every Sunday. So check it every Monday. If you guys think you're in hiring range for the next class I would be calling after next Monday and see what's up, because fdny will not call you unless your an "elgible" candidate on the civil service list. I checked it Saturday night and I was "not qualified". Checked Monday morning and now I'm qualified. And just to clarify, just because your "qualified" by DCAS, does not mean you're qualified by FDNY. The 388 that are good to go right now, don't sweat a thing, just wait for the call rather it be January or July. Any body above that number, I'm sure they'll process your results soon and you'll be good for the call in January or July too. Just keep an eye on it ladies and gentlemen. People do make mistakes, don't let someone else's mistake effect you.
    You just made my week...going for a run in this crap weather after work.
    Test: 2000
    Score: 106
    List #: 1XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    fftank21 that is some good information. Question; what do you mean by not qualified and qualified and what is the correlation with "no outstanding certification"? does THAT mean you are or aren't qualified? I finished the CPAT in June.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    So this would mean they are expecting to initially call anyone eligible up to 388 for the run. And then, if they don't get the numbers they want, they'll go higher and call more. This makes sense since this is what they did at the beginning of the last class and why they ended up calling some OC.
    Damn I was hoping they would get higher than 388 for the run. Yea people are gonna fail the run, but its not going to be that many. If I had to guess, if 388 is whats initially going to be called for the run, then with failures they might only reach 400 for the class. Was really hoping it would have been higher than that.

FDNYffHopeful- you mentioned you heard from a source dealing with hiring that 900 was a good shot for the January class. Have you heard anything new?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Much rather be running in a blizzard than sitting behind this desk.
    perfect weather to be having fun driving in my subie lol
    Patiently_Waiting likes this.
    List #: 7XX
    Investigation: 9/26/13
    Medical: 10/10/13
    Psych: 10/11/13
    CPAT: 11/4/13
    1.5 Mile Run: TBA

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by River6019 View Post
    Much rather be running in a blizzard than sitting behind this desk.
    Same here lol
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dannypanigale View Post
    If you waiting for the run letter that wouldn't be a good idea you can brake something with the snow ... By the way .. When you get on the job can I take over your name !!! I'm going to need it

IF I get it! Hopefully! But yeah man you got first dibs for my name!
    Dannypanigale likes this.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

I was told nothing is definite but, letters are definitely going out on the 23rd and that I should be watching my mailbox everyday after Xmas.

Obviously said with a tone of it's happening but given his location and circumstances couldn't actually say anything on the phone.
    FuDsNmYc likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    I was told nothing is definite but, letters are definitely going out on the 23rd and that I should be watching my mailbox everyday after Xmas.

Obviously said with a tone of it's happening but given his location and circumstances couldn't actually say anything on the phone.
    I can confirm that date the 23rd that letters, emails, whatever are going out.
    infolet333 likes this.
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

So far i know that a bunch of guys that scored a 101 on the exam received packets in the mail...But do you guys know if anyone who scored 100 received one yet?

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kennybobo View Post
    So far i know that a bunch of guys that scored a 101 on the exam received packets in the mail...But do you guys know if anyone who scored 100 received one yet?
    I WISH..no packets for us yet unfortunately. Im mid 2300's and I havrnt recieved anything. Patience my brother lol, we all want those packets lmao

Forum Member

so your source is saying that you being in the 900s should be watching your mailbox because it looks like there making it up to or near your number?

Forum Member

Not yet dude. I'm one of the last 101's on the list and haven't heard of anyone past me getting one. Patience! It'll be there before you know it! Trust me, I didn't think I'd have one until the summer haha
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Someone in the 21xx got their packet. The 100's starts at 2220 so probably not yet.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gianni1028 View Post
    I WISH..no packets for us yet unfortunately. Im mid 2300's and I havrnt recieved anything. Patience my brother lol, we all want those packets lmao
    I'm dying for mine right now, but I have a ways to go compared to you guys lol
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

So the rumor is run letters are going out the 23rd but has anyone heard of when the next round of medicals are going out ?
    vekdoggs75 and Jackooze like this.
    List # 11xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    so your source is saying that you being in the 900s should be watching your mailbox because it looks like there making it up to or near your number?
    You got it. Hopefully he's right. But being in the 900's I'm on the cusp of the possibility of getting hired.

Forum Member

You got it. Hopefully he's right. But being in the 900's I'm on the cusp of the possibility of getting hired.
    yea I'm in the 1100s so im not within hiring range for this class. I just want to see this class to get as high as possible for this class. Get this list moving!

I like your rumor/info more then the 388 info lol.

Thread Information