Why register? ...To Enhance Your Experience
+ Reply to Thread
Page 818 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 318718768808815816817818819820821828868918 ... LastLast
Results 16,341 to 16,360 of 24116
Like Tree9400Likes

Thread: FDNY Exam 2000

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Topthrill View Post
    fftank21 that is some good information. Question; what do you mean by not qualified and qualified and what is the correlation with "no outstanding certification"? does THAT mean you are or aren't qualified? I finished the CPAT in June.
    "Not outstanding certification" = qualified and eligible for appointment.

"Not qualified" = still haven't finished the CPAT portion. (If you have taken and passed CPAT then you're just waiting for your results to be processed.)

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    Damn I was hoping they would get higher than 388 for the run. Yea people are gonna fail the run, but its not going to be that many. If I had to guess, if 388 is whats initially going to be called for the run, then with failures they might only reach 400 for the class. Was really hoping it would have been higher than that.

FDNYffHopeful- you mentioned you heard from a source dealing with hiring that 900 was a good shot for the January class. Have you heard anything new?

I believe they will reach higher than 388. But as of right now, only 388 are eligible for appointment. I'm sure dcas will process more applicants this week and that 388 number will jump up. Find out on Monday.

Forum Member

what is the highest list number reached for medicals? did the get to 11-1300s yet?
    Exam 2000
    score 100
    #24xx

not an expert, just reading these forums since 2043

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by Patiently_Waiting View Post
    I'm dying for mine right now, but I have a ways to go compared to you guys lol
    Yea man, I know your pain haha, just continue training and never lose hope. You are only 1 point away from me ya know. Time flies dude! I remember sitting down for the FDNY exam on March 17th, St. Patricks day none the less. I guess its a good omen since a huge majority of the FDNY is Irish..When I got my admission card in the mail and saw it was on St. Patricks day I just laughed..and was HAPPY AS HELL, lol. It was definately a wierd coincidence. Just keep training man! I just finished a great session on the stairmaster, 102 floors, 50 pounds, Level 6 ( 60 steps/Min).

Forum Member

It's also pretty neat that my intake interview is two years to the day that I took the exam haha.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx
    Intake: 3/21/2014
    CPAT: 3/26/2014 PASSED

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4040clubBouncer View Post
    what is the highest list number reached for medicals? did the get to 11-1300s yet?
    I think they reach the high 900s or low 1000s for medicals.

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    I believe they will reach higher than 388. But as of right now, only 388 are eligible for appointment. I'm sure dcas will process more applicants this week and that 388 number will jump up. Find out on Monday.
    Yea I hope they add to that number this week. I hope they just processed those guys for now and are working on more this week.

Forum Member

Thanks for the info and uplifting words guys...i'm sure there will be a place for all of us in the FDNY over the next few years
    Dannypanigale likes this.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by fftank21 View Post
    "Not outstanding certification" = qualified and eligible for appointment.

"Not qualified" = still haven't finished the CPAT portion. (If you have taken and passed CPAT then you're just waiting for your results to be processed.)
    thanks man much appreciated for the quick feedback
    List # 2xx

Forum Member

guys, you do know its futile to argue with anyone who is "vulcan" right? back to more important things since ive amp'd up my training. I'm from bensonhurst and a few ppl have hit me up asking me if i wanna go for a run 2miles + etc... i always ignor ethis because I hate running. i run at the gym for the exact amount i have to run and thats it. or ill do elliptical for a many many miles. My question is am i looking at this the wrong way? or are most ppl on here being a little to paranoid about running and not paying attention to over all fitness. Why would anyone want to run 3-5 miles and and run everyday and put crazy stress on your knees. That poor kid from a few days ago saying he ran 5 miles and his shins are hurting. Honestly how dumb is that. Please some advice. i currently run 1.7 miles in 14 minutes. i am perfectly on pace to do the necessary run. am i being short sided? should i plan to run 3 miles or some other random *** number like some of the crazies on this forum?

PS I hate running
    List 20##
    Score 101

Forum Member

For like the first month at the Rock, you will be running every day and it will be more than 2 miles. If you hate running, I suggest you keep running and get accustomed to it. If the trainers see that you are always at the end, they will single you out. Overall fitness is important, do about 40 minutes of circuit training, then go running, that will simulate what you will doing in the academy.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by general_cornwalis View Post
    guys, you do know its futile to argue with anyone who is "vulcan" right? back to more important things since ive amp'd up my training. I'm from bensonhurst and a few ppl have hit me up asking me if i wanna go for a run 2miles + etc... i always ignor ethis because I hate running. i run at the gym for the exact amount i have to run and thats it. or ill do elliptical for a many many miles. My question is am i looking at this the wrong way? or are most ppl on here being a little to paranoid about running and not paying attention to over all fitness. Why would anyone want to run 3-5 miles and and run everyday and put crazy stress on your knees. That poor kid from a few days ago saying he ran 5 miles and his shins are hurting. Honestly how dumb is that. Please some advice. i currently run 1.7 miles in 14 minutes. i am perfectly on pace to do the necessary run. am i being short sided? should i plan to run 3 miles or some other random *** number like some of the crazies on this forum?

PS I hate running
    I felt the same way at first man, but I actually learned to enjoy it. I think a lot of guys here who were either in the military or played some sort of sport hold onto the preconceived notion of running being associated with punishment. Once I learned to let go of that, it actually became really enjoyable. Start off with like a mile/mile and a half outside, maybe a park you like or somewhere with a nice view of the skyline. Get some pump up music going on your ipod. Whatever it takes. After that start adding .5 miles a week or so. No reason to rush and put yourself out of contention with an injury.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

PS I hate running
    In addition to what FFwnt2b said, running on a treadmill is VERY different then running outside. Outside is much hard and takes time to get used to. I suggest you get past your hate for running, or at least put it aside and start running. I'd start now cuase it takes time to ease into. I'd also start running more than 1.7 miles.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by NycQ83 View Post
    In addition to what FFwnt2b said, running on a treadmill is VERY different then running outside. Outside is much hard and takes time to get used to. I suggest you get past your hate for running, or at least put it aside and start running. I'd start now cuase it takes time to ease into. I'd also start running more than 1.7 miles.
    Running outside is also harder because you're dealing with wind resistance whereas on a treadmill there is no resistance (unless you're running on an incline). You're also dealing with uneven ground, not to mention cold temperatures (if you're training around this time of year).

I'm ambivalent when it comes to running. I do it because I know it's great for the body and I can be physically ready for if and when they reach my list #, but I don't enjoy it nearly as much as weight training. Remember though, running is all they will have us do in the academy so if you can at least learn to tolerate it, you'd be much better off. Building your endurance takes time, along with everything else. Definitely start now.
    Last edited by Patiently_Waiting; 12-10-2013 at 01:30 PM.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 46XX

Forum Member

PS I hate running

Learn to at least not hate running. Not saying you need to run 10 miles a day 5 times a week, but I would suggest building up your miles safely. I believe a couple of pages back, someone posted a few good links on how to do so... I wouldn't suggest shooting for the minimum qualifications.

You only need to do 30 push-ups in 1 minute, I am sure you plan on being able to do well more than that...

Forum Member

By the way, I stumbled upon this simple, great workout that from what I hear, would be beneficial to CPAT/Academy training. It has a good progression and it's used by the Hotshot forest fire crews out west.

http://www.hotshotfitness.com/hotshotworkout.html
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    By the way, I stumbled upon this simple, great workout that from what I hear, would be beneficial to CPAT/Academy training. It has a good progression and it's used by the Hotshot forest fire crews out west.

http://www.hotshotfitness.com/hotshotworkout.html
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/c...a/012204_2.htm

This is the navy seal training program.

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by test2000 View Post
    http://sportsmedicine.about.com/cs/c...a/012204_2.htm

This is the navy seal training program.
    Even better haha. Can't go wrong with that.
    FDNY Exam 2000
    List # 21xx

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FdnyFFHopeful View Post
    You got it. Hopefully he's right. But being in the 900's I'm on the cusp of the possibility of getting hired.
    Yea that's what I've been told to, that my number is on the cusp so just be ready, but this is the first I'm hearing of run letters going out on the 23rd
    Exam: 2000
    List: 7xx
    Intake: 9/26
    Psych: 10/11
    Medical: 10/22
    Oral psych 11/04
    Cpat 11/04

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by mocon337 View Post
    Even better haha. Can't go wrong with that.
    It builds up real quick, but if you can make it to the last week, I would say you should be in a good spot for the PT part of the academy...

Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by JDNY13 View Post
    Yea that's what I've been told to, that my number is on the cusp so just be ready, but this is the first I'm hearing of run letters going out on the 23rd
    Just curious, where did you hear this?

Thread Information